Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85689 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptoguard

Activity: 226
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:46:56 PM

Hey People, quick question; the mac wallet is this one --> particl_1.0.0_amd64.deb   ??

Thanks

It is this one here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.1.0

MacOS's wallet had a bug that was fixed!

Hi, the link doesn't work

On github they say that there is a Mac wallet but it's not linked ¿?
https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.0

Where is the mac wallet ?

Really nothing for OS X or iOS? smh come on now. You are shutting off a huge market by not being available to apple users. Might have to go over to NAV

We will make it clearer on the new website coming soon, but MacOS version of our GUI wallet is here: https://github.com/particl/partgui/releases/tag/v1.0.1

As for the ios version of our mobile wallet, it is currently not available. Apple is known to block most crypto apps so our strategy right now is to get included on a larger third-party wallets already available on the App Store such as Jaxx or coinomi for example.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dek!

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:15:52 PM

PART is one of the privacy coins I have my confidence in. It is still undervalued considering such low supply.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:24:34 PM

who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

Why is it stupid? Particl is a privacy platform which has a native privacy coin, PART. It only makes sense to compare it to other privacy coins as well to see what features it has and what features it doesn't have. I agree part of a research into crypto projects is about determining what "business value" the project has, but another important aspect is to study the technology as well.

As for the core of your question, who will use the marketplace if eBay introduces crypto payment...here's my personal opinion.

Particl is an open-source and decentralized privacy platform designed to work with almost any coin. The end goal of the platform is to create a brand new decentralized economy independent from exchanges and the fiat system. In a way, this is taking Satoshi's initial vision and pushing it a bit further. Whereas Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that, in most cases, still requires services from centralized parties such as exchanges, Particl aims to bring the entire ecosystem within a decentralized, natively private framework.

Again, Particl is a platform, not just a marketplace or a coin. The Particl marketplace will only be the first Dapp of many more to come, all with the end goal of furthering our vision of a completely decentralized and alternative economy independent from the fiat system.

So to understand why people would use our decentralized marketplace, you have to understand the bigger picture of Particl being a decentralized platform. We want users from all crypto communities to be able to do whatever they need in a decentralized and private fashion. We want everyone to be "freed" from centralized services and be part of an alternative economy.

I think the recent rumors from South Korea and China regarding banning centralized trading exchanges and how much of an effect these centralized parties have over crypto couldn't be a better example of why we need these services to be decentralized. Does it make sense to you to be trading your decentralized currencies on centralized exchanges? For me personally, it does not, the same way it doesn't make sense for me to have to cash out of crypto or use third-parties to purchase stuff online.

I'm sorry for this long ramble, but I'm trying to put into words the importance of creating an ENTIRE decentralized ecosystem rather than just a decentralized currency. Decentralized currencies are just not enough to truly break free from the centralized banking cartel economy, you need the whole ecosystem to be decentralized. The privacy marketplace we are building is the first step in that direction.
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:26:40 PM

PART is one of the privacy coins I have my confidence in. It is still undervalued considering such low supply.

Particl and Bitcoin are the only two coins I'm comfortable holding. All the others feel overvalued and way to speculative to me, whereas Bitcoin is kind and Particl WILL be king with its decentralized platform Smiley
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:28:29 PM

Updated PART/DCR atomic swap infographic. Includes improved explanation of the atomic swap process and one small typo corrected (was saying a Bitcoin smart-contract but was supposed to say a Decred smart-contract):

vladikuzb

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

Great team and project. Good that we have Charlie Shrem as an advisor. He is also advisor at Genesis Vision project. Love both project
j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:31:21 AM

Greetings, friends at Particl!

Now that Komodo Platform has a stable GUI available on mainnet for our BarterDEX decentralized exchange, allowing the average user to trade peer-to-peer via atomic swap with 80+ Bitcoin-protocol cryptocurrencies, we aim to expand the reach of our decentralized and open-source solutions and unite the coin communites -

• ATOMIC Swap trading following Noel Tiernan's protocol
  • Control your own funds, maximizing security and privacy
  • Automatic orderbook matching, trading p2p
  • Integrate and List your coin for free
  • Set up SPV electrum server, allowing users to trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain
  • Anyone can become a market maker or dedicated liquidity provider, pairing your coin with any other 80+ featured coin and allowing traders around the globe to access your coin
  • Native trade bots can automatically buy low and sell high, allowing low and high volume traders to provide liqudity 24 hours a day

>> BarterDEX protocol (wp/git) >>

The following requirements are necessary for an easy integration:
  • bitcoin protocol
  • CLTV (bip 65) support
  • gettxout and importaddress rpc calls
  • and 8 digits for one coin

What does a non-Bitcoin/zCash-protocl coin need to do to make atomic swaps possible on BarterDEX?

Quote from: jl777B, lead Developer at Komodo Platform
"the code to do all this is quite complicated and I assumed a bitcoin protocol coin, but it is possible to do the atomic swaps even if only 2of2 multisig is supported. So i guess a bitcoin protocol emulator for the subset of rpc calls that I use and at least a 2of2 multisig, but preferably CLTV mechanism to be able to handle both sides of the trade... this would require making changes to the existing barterDEX code, unless the bitcoin protocol emulator is really, really good and it actually works as a bitcoin protocol coin via rpc calls"

Our goal is to  integrate as many cryptocurrencies into our ecosystem as possible, providing end-users with unparalleled privacy and control of their funds! The team at Komodo Platform would be more than happy to assist with integration into the ecosystem. Please send me a DM if you are interested in joining our decentralized exchange!
WALKEN-COIN

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Parsec Frontiers Pre-Sale 24.01.2018

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 12:40:22 PM

I would love to see Particl on Barterdex! ^^^^^^^

███
           ██▀██
          ██   ██
▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
████████▄   ███    █████████▄   █████████  █████████▀  █████████
███   ▀██  █████   ███   ▀███  ████▀       ███        ███▀   ▀███
███   ▄█▀ ███▀███  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄     ███▄▄▄▄▄  ███       ▀
███████▀ ███   ███ ▀████████▀   ▀███████   ████████  ███
███▀▀▀  ███     ███ ▀█▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███  ███       ███       ▄
███    ███       ███ ▀   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄   ▄███
███   ███ ▄█████▄ ███     ███  ▀███████▀   ██████████  █████████
                   ███                                   ▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████▄ ███ ▀██████    ████    █████████████████  ██████████  █████████▄   █████████
███        ███    ▀█▄ ███    ▀███   █████   ███    ███    ███  ███         ███   ▀███  ████▀
███        ███    ▄██  ███     ███  ██████  ███    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ▄███  ████▄▄▄
████████████████████▀ ▄ ███    ███  ███ ███ ███    ███    ███  ██████████  █████████▀   ▀███████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀███   █▄ ███  ███   ███  ██████    ███    ███  ███         ███▀▀███     ▄   ▀▀███
███        ███   ███   █▄ ███ ▀█    ███   █████    ███    ███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███   ███   ███▄▄▄▄███
███        ███    ███   ▀  ▀█▀      ███    ████    ███    ███  ██████████  ███    ███  ▀███████▀

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ▀▀▀  ██
███████████
██  ▄▄▄
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███

███
    ███
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
██  ▀▀▀
███████████
    ▄▄▄  ██
███ ███ ███
    ███
    ███
[]
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Discord
Facebook
Twitter
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:18:48 PM

I would love to see Particl on Barterdex! ^^^^^^^

We are already working with the BarterDEX team to integrate Particl onto their platform! Integrating our coin on the platform is a tad more challenging since we are natively integrated with Segwit, but both team are working together to make this happen. We absolutely love projects like BarterDEX that adopt a cooperative rather than competitive approach to crypto Smiley
Glauc0n

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:09:13 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 07:59:07 PM by Glauc0n

who will use your marketplace if i.e. ebay will introduce something like universal crypto payment gateway?

p.s. imo stupid to just to compare tech part, when coint is trying to give some business value

Why is it stupid? Particl is a privacy platform which has a native privacy coin, PART. It only makes sense to compare it to other privacy coins as well to see what features it has and what features it doesn't have. I agree part of a research into crypto projects is about determining what "business value" the project has, but another important aspect is to study the technology as well.

As for the core of your question, who will use the marketplace if eBay introduces crypto payment...here's my personal opinion.

Particl is an open-source and decentralized privacy platform designed to work with almost any coin. The end goal of the platform is to create a brand new decentralized economy independent from exchanges and the fiat system. In a way, this is taking Satoshi's initial vision and pushing it a bit further. Whereas Bitcoin is a decentralized currency that, in most cases, still requires services from centralized parties such as exchanges, Particl aims to bring the entire ecosystem within a decentralized, natively private framework.

Again, Particl is a platform, not just a marketplace or a coin. The Particl marketplace will only be the first Dapp of many more to come, all with the end goal of furthering our vision of a completely decentralized and alternative economy independent from the fiat system.

So to understand why people would use our decentralized marketplace, you have to understand the bigger picture of Particl being a decentralized platform. We want users from all crypto communities to be able to do whatever they need in a decentralized and private fashion. We want everyone to be "freed" from centralized services and be part of an alternative economy.

I think the recent rumors from South Korea and China regarding banning centralized trading exchanges and how much of an effect these centralized parties have over crypto couldn't be a better example of why we need these services to be decentralized. Does it make sense to you to be trading your decentralized currencies on centralized exchanges? For me personally, it does not, the same way it doesn't make sense for me to have to cash out of crypto or use third-parties to purchase stuff online.

I'm sorry for this long ramble, but I'm trying to put into words the importance of creating an ENTIRE decentralized ecosystem rather than just a decentralized currency. Decentralized currencies are just not enough to truly break free from the centralized banking cartel economy, you need the whole ecosystem to be decentralized. The privacy marketplace we are building is the first step in that direction.
Don't you think it is disingenuous to call it a "privacy platform" when privacy is not mandatory? Anonymity should not be optional. Not to even mention RingCT is not implemented yet, and nobody knows when it will be implemented.
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 10:10:54 PM

Don't you think it is disingenuous to call it a "privacy platform" when privacy is not mandatory? Anonymity should not be optional. Not to even mention RingCT is not implemented yet, and nobody knows when it will be implemented.

Our marketplace Dapp is natively private (private by default with no way to opt out), meaning that it is fully fungible. RingCT is implemented as we speak, but only on the testnet network. It is currently being audited at the NJIT Department of Technology to make sure it is as secure as possible. But to be clear, RingCT is already integrated both on top of the latest BTC codebase (0.15.1) and on top of Segwit as well.
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:39:48 PM

Don't miss our new AMA/Interactive FAQ thread on Reddit which will be summarized by a livestream/video session every 2 weeks on Friday!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7s6csv/ama_faq_a_place_for_questions_about_anything/

Come ask your questions!

Selebrity1

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 10:42:56 PM

New Video on Part!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc9PZXgCJiI
valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:31:07 AM

Hey guys

Some questions  Smiley

1. Is it normal that everytime I open the wallet (desktop one) my wallet sync with the network but always start from the beginning ? I always have to wait 18-19 min.
2. Im not able to create a address ?? I feel stupid but when I create a new address and they ask me for a label, when I press Add new, nothing happen ?

Thanks

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
SativaL.

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:06:14 AM

part is available on coinswitch now..

https://blog.coinswitch.co/how-to-buy-particl-part-bab0f2251779
NastyaSilvera

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:03:00 PM

Each new project needs a little more time and Particl also has to grow by all means, it is even built on the intellectual contract of BTC. Why do we even need broadcasting?
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:55:44 PM

Don't miss our livestream in two hours on our Facebook page!  Cheesy
cryptoguard

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:34:36 AM

You can now buy Particl on Bittrex without actually registering an account with them using CoinSwitch!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Particl/comments/7twkhx/how_to_buy_parts_on_bittrex_without_registering/

So for anyone that wanted to buy but couldn't, now is your chance!
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 12:14:04 PM

what platforms do you use on your token?

Platform? Do you mean codebase?

If yes, Particl is built on the latest Bitcoin protocol 0.15.1 https://particl.news/release-particl-core-0-15-1-0-fbeddf20ae5

Originally we forked off 0.14.2 and upgraded to 0.15.0.1 within a week of release and 0.15.1 within a week of release. As far as I know Particl is the most complete, up-to-date Bitcoin fork besides the recent ugly-step-sister forks from Bitcoin defectors.

Plus we've enhanced it with privacy cryptography from Greg Maxwell (Confidential Transactions-CT), Shen Noether (Ring Signature Confidential Transactions-RingCT) and a couple Bitcoin Smart Contracts (yes Bitcoin does smart contracts too!) in our 2-person trustless escrow (MAD) as well as Cold Staking for quantum resistant staking.

So if some joker says we're forking Bitcoin to make Bitcoin Private, you'll know it's already here and it's called Particl

As you bring up atomic swaps, how close are you to make atomic swaps seamlessly possible? Is that very close or a long term goal? Would that then be possible for any digital currency?

For now we only have atomic swaps natively compatible with BTC, LTC, DCR and VTC. You can see this on our Github. Using them isn't intuitive and we'll be creating an interface that makes it easy to understand and simple to navigate. This won't be available in the Alpha release and may not be available in the Beta. FWiW

We'll rely on 3rd party apps like shapeshift and changelly to allow token holders of major coins to use the marketplace without needing PART. Atomic Swaps integration will rely on how many projects are preparing their coins for it and where it falls in next year's roadmap.

Ok that means we are still quite far away from atomic swaps between the majority of digital currencies. What does it require for a coin that is not ready to be used for atomic swaps to actually prepare it for that function? Is that a lot of complicated dev work or should most of the decent coins' teams be able to implement it?

Actually I think not. There is a new Shapeshift/Changelly exchange (but using Atomic Swaps rather than centralized order book) that has been announced recently, and they have confirmed they are in contact with the Particl team and plan on adding the coin to its exchange. I suppose they would make available simple APIs that Particl could then easily integrate into its wallet the same way they plan on integrating Changelly and Shapeshift!

Here's how it could look like: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQJSdUaVoAAwBmI.jpg:large

Is this still relevant and does anybody something about actual progress regarding that potential partnership?

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
cryptoguard

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 09:16:12 PM

I can confirm this is still relevant and we are still in contact with them! As with all other exchanges though, they and only they will decide when they want to add us to their platform, thus making it futile to give any kind of listing ETA.

I am personally VERY excited to eventually get altcoins.io as an in-wallet integration. I believe January and the start of February clearly shows the importance of having means to trade coins outside the very regulated and manipulated KYC/AML exchanges. Bonus points for trade execution through atomic swaps Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: