Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:50:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Long-term trend is up  (Read 2281 times)
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:31:29 PM

Am I supposed to take that troll attempt seriously?

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:44:11 PM

If it looks like a bull trap, smells like a bull trap it is probably a bull trap.

History does not repeat itself, but it rhymes.

Last burst, most people expected Bitcoin to die and never to come back. This time, everyone expects a 3rd, and much bigger bubble than the previous 2. If this really is a dead cat bounce you may loose 60% on the way down. But if you sell off right now and tomorrow Cyprus 2.0 happens in Malta, or possibly in Spain, you miss the train.

I rather risk a loosing half of my gains so far before I watch Bitcoin racing into 4-digit land without me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Gordonium

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:49:11 PM

I rather risk a loosing half of my gains so far before I watch Bitcoin racing into 4-digit land without me.

This.
pinger
Legendary

Activity: 1512

Bitcoin - Resistance is futile

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 07:55:44 PM

If it looks like a bull trap, smells like a bull trap it is probably a bull trap.

Last burst, most people expected Bitcoin to die and never to come back. This time, everyone expects a 3rd, and much bigger bubble than the previous 2. If this really is a dead cat bounce you may loose 60% on the way down. But if you sell off right now and tomorrow Cyprus 2.0 happens in Malta, or possibly in Spain, you miss the train.

Lets see what news have for us our "beloved leader", Mariano, el corto, Rajoy in the next few days. Spain maybe wake up and move money to Bitcoin.

For rent
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:55:57 PM

This sentiment is a great example of why bubbles take so long to completely collapse. Losing positions refuse to sell because of fear! Its only when that last willing seller gives up that the bottom is reached. So would you risk 90% of your gains - because that was the situation in bitcoin bubble 1. Traders bought at $17 on the way down to $2.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 08:00:42 PM

Am I supposed to take that troll attempt seriously?

So you are taking the easy way out: Instead of tackling my arguments you accuse me of trolling.
Cool bro, not that this is anything new.  Roll Eyes
Gatekeeper

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:04:08 PM

accuse you of trolling?

every single person who reads this forum knows all you do is troll all day long, you have nothing better to do with your time.

(1470) <KLYE> But I was far too drunk to fuck a midget
(1470) <KLYE> I will fuck a chicken for 250 btc
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:05:24 PM

This sentiment is a great example of why bubbles take so long to completely collapse. Losing positions refuse to sell because of fear! Its only when that last willing seller gives up that the bottom is reached. So would you risk 90% of your gains - because that was the situation in bitcoin bubble 1. Traders bought at $17 on the way down to $2.

Is it? Indeed, I bought exactly as you say. My first 10 Bitcoin at 17 and my last 5000 at 2. As you can imagine, I am quite happy with my strategy. Thanks to some good selling and buying decisions in bubble 2, I am quite willing to repeat that.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:06:52 PM

Bitcoin at $1000 is not a bubble. There are 7B people and only 11M Bitcoins now. If 1% of people (70,000,000) will invest ($1,000 USD small part of salary) then price will go far over $6,364 USD/BTC.

And still very good speculation. There are more money invested in Facebook ($70B) ... stupid chat. :-)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 08:09:05 PM

Cyprus didn't have any effect except making the already existing buyers buy more because they expected new buyers, which didn't happen. There are plenty of articles which already debunk this.

You are right that there is a certain level of harmony in those pump & dump cycles. But that is not something that can be analyzed with intuition.
The expectations in this forum are much different than the one the public has. And ultimately that is what matters for a bull market to re-establish itself. Potential new speculative growth potential is near nil, only the cheerleaders and the sheep which follow them are buying at these prices.
Every body else is waiting for the dead cat to stop spinning in mid air and hit the ground again.

You are on your own.
amencon

Activity: 410

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 08:22:24 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF_xdvn52As
ElectricMucus
Legendary