Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:19:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] Avalon Batch #2.  (Read 4023 times)
alibert

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:26:07 PM

Because most ppl sell FPGAs or Preorders

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:41:59 PM

Has to be competitive with blades which equiv cost 300.

But I can't buy a blade right now for immediate shipment.

Can I?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 02:57:18 PM

May I ask why you sell it, instead of using it (mine yourself)?

Still open question

Greed
alibert

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:04:41 PM

Can I?

You can

klrgoten

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:05:50 PM

I'd offer 275btc
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:08:24 PM

Can I?

Umm...yes? Johnny...tell me what I've WON!?? Shocked

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204030.0

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 03:37:59 PM

May I ask why you sell it, instead of using it (mine yourself)?

Still open question

Looking to possibly use the funds as a down payment on a new house. It's mining right now and I have no problems keeping that way, just keeping my options open.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2013, 03:40:39 PM

Just for the record, 253 is blade price matched. I have 65 GH worth I purchased for 250.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:33:44 PM

Just for the record, 253 is blade price matched. I have 65 GH worth I purchased for 250.

Is 253 BTC your offer then?

13ghz per blade seems a bit optimistic.  There is a reason 10gh is listed as the baseline for Blades. If everyone could easily get 13gh without risking damage, they would come preconfigured for that rate, and it would be the new baseline. Also, you aren't factoring in the amount of time you have to tinker with overclocks, voltage, setting up a host, managing multiple units, constructing some sort of housing, etc... For a lot of us here, this is no problem. For most people, it's a hassle and way above their head. There is a huge advantage in a self contained 67gh(71-73gh overclocked) unit.

In any case, I'm going to change this listing to auction format running side by side with the eBay auction. I'm assuming the ebay auction is going to end up much higher than the forum auction. eBay is loaded with non-paying buyers and scam artists so in the event the eBay buyer does not pay, I will turn to the highest forum bid. More info soon.

alibert

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:49:30 PM

So you say that you expect the auction on ebay to be higher, invite ppl to make 1+ million bids where they never deliver the money and bid here in the sametime, resulting in ppl buying here at lower prices. Ergo the ebay auction is 99% wasted?

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 05:55:03 PM

So you say that you expect the auction on ebay to be higher, invite ppl to make 1+ million bids where they never deliver the money and bid here in the sametime, resulting in ppl buying here at lower prices. Ergo the ebay auction is 99% wasted?

Well, I'm willing to spend a $3 listing fee for a 1% chance someone will pay 60k. inbox found a 65k buyer(or so he says...) I'm just looking for the same guy.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:02:53 PM

Well, I'm willing to spend a $3 listing fee for a 1% chance someone will pay 60k. inbox found a 65k buyer(or so he says...) I'm just looking for the same guy.

That guy called and said he's broke. He's fully stocked on hookers and blow though. Shocked

as3ard

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 07:50:32 PM

Correct me guys if I'm wrong, but they way I see it the increase in difficulty is the key in pricing something like this and assuming a 10% increase in difficulty per week (which seems fairly accurate at the moment) a batch 2 avalon worth somewhere around 160-180 btc depending power cost, uptime, pool fee, etc.
CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Correct me guys if I'm wrong, but they way I see it the increase in difficulty is the key in pricing something like this and assuming a 10% increase in difficulty per week (which seems fairly accurate at the moment) a batch 2 avalon worth somewhere around 160-180 btc depending power cost, uptime, pool fee, etc.

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Many people thought 20k was a high price for a batch 1 Avalon 2 months ago. If I knew then what I know now, I would have bought a few. There are a few companies saying they are about to put a lot of hashing power on the network. The fact is, no one knows what future difficulty and bitcoin prices will be.

One of the biggest mistakes I made was selling all of my GPUs in October 2012 to prepare for a huge difficulty increase from ASICs. ASICs ended up being further out than expected and BTC value skyrocketed. What may seem predictable now is truly unpredictable, and those who risk the most, make the most(and lose the most).

klrgoten

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:33:26 AM

Didn't know this was going to be converted to an Auction format... I would bid lower than that to start
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 12:49:06 AM

this guy is already making 3 per day, so its really a good deal to make an auction on top of that... damn...
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 02:12:02 AM

13ghz per blade seems a bit optimistic.  There is a reason 10gh is listed as the baseline for Blades. If everyone could easily get 13gh without risking damage, they would come preconfigured for that rate, and it would be the new baseline. Also, you aren't factoring in the amount of time you have to tinker with overclocks, voltage, setting up a host, managing multiple units, constructing some sort of housing, etc... For a lot of us here, this is no problem. For most people, it's a hassle and way above their head. There is a huge advantage in a self contained 67gh(71-73gh overclocked) unit.

In any case, I'm going to change this listing to auction format running side by side with the eBay auction. I'm assuming the ebay auction is going to end up much higher than the forum auction. eBay is loaded with non-paying buyers and scam artists so in the event the eBay buyer does not pay, I will turn to the highest forum bid. More info soon.

No its not my offer.

No its not optimistic, I have 5 running at 13. You press a fucking button and it runs at 13+, its not hard. The setup is actually much easier than on an Avalon. There is a reason 10 is listed as the baseline, because it has 2 operating modes. Some want to the option of using the slower oscillator to save power.

You're greedy, it will bite you in the ass one day.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 02:46:44 AM

13ghz per blade seems a bit optimistic.  There is a reason 10gh is listed as the baseline for Blades. If everyone could easily get 13gh without risking damage, they would come preconfigured for that rate, and it would be the new baseline. Also, you aren't factoring in the amount of time you have to tinker with overclocks, voltage, setting up a host, managing multiple units, constructing some sort of housing, etc... For a lot of us here, this is no problem. For most people, it's a hassle and way above their head. There is a huge advantage in a self contained 67gh(71-73gh overclocked) unit.

No its not my offer.

No its not optimistic, I have 5 running at 13. You press a fucking button and it runs at 13+, its not hard. The setup is actually much easier than on an Avalon. There is a reason 10 is listed as the baseline, because it has 2 operating modes. Some want to the option of using the slower oscillator to save power.

I see, so you have no intention of paying what you think it's worth, you've just come to crap on the sale.

I think a couple of you are confusing greed with opportunity. Greed would be hoarding all of the food in my house while my family starves.  The market determines an in hand Avalon's price, not me. If a buyer wants this in hand device for less than it's worth, that makes them greedy. I took a risk investing in the device when bitcoins were worth $20 and I paid what it was worth then. It's worth much more now and I am taking the opportunity to cash out now, vs waiting to mine the coins over the next year.

Also, I've removed klrgoten's original bid at his request. Auction starting bid is still 275.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 03:52:16 AM

13ghz per blade seems a bit optimistic.  There is a reason 10gh is listed as the baseline for Blades. If everyone could easily get 13gh without risking damage, they would come preconfigured for that rate, and it would be the new baseline. Also, you aren't factoring in the amount of time you have to tinker with overclocks, voltage, setting up a host, managing multiple units, constructing some sort of housing, etc... For a lot of us here, this is no problem. For most people, it's a hassle and way above their head. There is a huge advantage in a self contained 67gh(71-73gh overclocked) unit.

No its not my offer.

I see, so you have no intention of paying what you think it's worth, you've just come to crap on the sale.

I think a couple of you are confusing greed with opportunity. Greed would be hoarding all of the food in my house while my family starves.  The market determines an in hand Avalon's price, not me. If a buyer wants this in hand device for less than it's worth, that makes them greedy. I took a risk investing in the device when bitcoins were worth $20 and I paid what it was worth then. It's worth much more now and I am taking the opportunity to cash out now, vs waiting to mine the coins over the next year.

Also, I've removed klrgoten's original bid at his request. Auction starting bid is still 275.

I've come to prevent you try to make money out of new buyers being taken advantage of. Just because something has a market value doesn't force me to buy it LOL.

CrazyGuy (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 05:01:27 AM

For the record, I've been running stable at 300M chip frequency and 71.5gh/s average for the past 4 hours. All chip temps are the same as they were at the 282M setting. In any case, I've moved back to 282M until I can confirm many batch 1 and 2 units have and can be running at that rate safely for long periods of time.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: