Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:08:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64838 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:55:02 AM

jonald_fyookball you are a moron that speaks about things you know nothing about

You're not the first to think so, and probably won't be the last.  Kiss

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:04:35 AM

With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.
The answer to this question lies in your reply itself,he can choose what he wants with his assets and so is the reason he chooses to leverage his millions to prove a point ,there wont be a substantial response from Roger and he wont accept the challenge because he knows he will loose in the end,but will talk his way out for sure. Cheesy

He still has a nice pair of brass swingers hanging low. I wouldn't even trust any escrow or transfer with that much at once. Knowing my luck, I'd accidentally send the coins out to space or some shit. LOL

notthematrix
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:50:28 AM

ROGER VER are you going to respond to this bet?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

> 24 hr ..... Looks like BU and VER are a joke!

People share this reddit so he cant miss this option of a live time! Smiley

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 01:51:58 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

he already responded earlier in this thread.

epiphy

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:45:25 AM

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. You're stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

Why does anyone with a high net worth continue to work? I'm in it to protect and grow my investment.

I am only entering this from a win-win-win perspective.

A lot of people don't understand this. For most, wealth is not a barrier, it is a gradient. The attitude that comes with 'cashing out' is the opposite attitude needed for growing a large net worth. Almost all of the high wealth individuals I deal with have the exact same obsessive need to keep growing their numbers, and will work until they die. If they didn't, they wouldn't be worth that much.

That said, I do still wonder if there is much more impactful methods to protect and grow your bitcoin net worth that isn't a bet. You are in a unique position to be able to impact bitcoins value. Perhaps, if this goes through, consider re-investing back into bitcoin developer funding programs? Maybe some bitcoin based startups? Even some kind of global marketing endeavor to help improve the worlds perception of bitcoin? All of these could potentially help grow the rest of your stash by a large amount. Bitcoin needs a lot of help, and it should bother everyone that bitcoin isn't surpassing Snapchats market cap.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:59:39 AM

I would not risk that much just to prove a point but hey if both of you feel like it  ... Good luck, the future will tell (soon ?) who was right.  Wink
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:02:02 AM

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. You're stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

Why does anyone with a high net worth continue to work? I'm in it to protect and grow my investment.

I am only entering this from a win-win-win perspective.

A lot of people don't understand this. For most, wealth is not a barrier, it is a gradient. The attitude that comes with 'cashing out' is the opposite attitude needed for growing a large net worth. Almost all of the high wealth individuals I deal with have the exact same obsessive need to keep growing their numbers, and will work until they die. If they didn't, they wouldn't be worth that much.

That said, I do still wonder if there is much more impactful methods to protect and grow your bitcoin net worth that isn't a bet. You are in a unique position to be able to impact bitcoins value. Perhaps, if you win, consider re-investing the winnings back into bitcoin developer funding programs? Maybe some bitcoin based startups? Even some kind of global marketing endeavor to help improve the worlds perception of bitcoin? All of these could potentially help grow the rest of your stash by a large amount. Bitcoin needs a lot of help, and it should bother everyone that bitcoin isn't surpassing Snapchats market cap.

Good post.

The challenges of open source development are formidable.

Everyone complained about the Bitcoin foundation, and they were really weren't that bad.  

You can't even really blame Blockstream for trying to commercialize development
of Bitcoin, (although the way they went about it has been a horror show and is
being rejected by the market)  

I dig your suggestion for developer funding.  

I do think early adopters can get an ROI by 'giving away' funding in order to get a better
product that will lead to greater adoption and thus token appreciation.  The questions
are how to do that intelligently and at what scale.  

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 04:20:57 AM

I think the idea is that they would want to lock the coins in place before any fork happens. Your plan seems like it requires the fork to have already happened.

This is not possible without a replay protection, which BU refuses to include

It is possible to lock your coins in escrow before the fork. It isn't possible to do an atomic swap between the Bitcoin chain and an altcoin chain that doesn't exist yet.

Apparently Loaded doesn't want to trust any escrow for 60k BTC.

And you could solve any problem in a decentralized system with a centralized solution (e.g. escrow). It's just not very interesting.

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 06:57:59 AM

I can also "respond" No signed BTC message......
so he does not put his money were his mouth is Loser BTC-U is a joke....

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:08:44 AM

I can also "respond" No signed BTC message......
so he does not put his money were his mouth is Loser BTC-U is a joke....

Did you not see the terms that loaded is offering? He is basically asking for a free put option on BU.

No one in their right mind would accept the terms loaded is offering regardless of what is being traded.
ThirstyMoon

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 07:58:50 AM

If it pressures BU to make improvements, I reserve the right reevaluate the transaction. Win because at least the combined value will be higher.
I would not take this deal. This clause essentially allows you to back out of the deal if, closer to an actual fork it is clear that BU will be superior to Core, and does not allow Ver a similar out.

You are basically asking for a free put option on BU.

I agree with this concern. Maybe that's what Roger meant in the YouTube video comment as "working out the details". He shouldn't just agree to a lose-lose-lose bet if indeed Loaded wins in all the potential outcomes (win-win-win) as he put it.
jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:01:02 AM

OP, BTU doesn't exist. It's nothing. But I guess that if you indeed own that many coins you know better than me where to put your money Tongue

He is Just betting on the Possible Outcomes. If BTC forks then Rogers sends 130k BTC to loaded & loaded send same amount of BTU. If fork doesnt happen, then there is no BET.

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

jay8291

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:13:22 AM

Here's a way that Roger could change the deal, and try to force Loaded into the "same" position he/she is forcing Roger into....

Roger could say this:

"The thing is, BU is a more valuable system than Bitcoin, so I will only exchange 1 BTU for 0.5 BTC. i.e sell me 65,000 BTU for 130,000 BTC

What's wrong Loaded, can't put your money where your mouth is?"

First Learn Maths & then come here to troll..

████▄▄▀▀███▄▄▄
      ▄▀ █████████▄▄ ▀▀▄▄██
    ▄█▀ ████████▀▀▀▄▄  ▀████
  ▄██▌ ███▀▀▄▄▄▄████▌▐██▄▀██▌
 ▀▀▀   ▄▄▄██████████ █████▄▀█▄
▀███▌ ▄▄▀███████████ ███████▄▀
 ███▌▐███▄ ▀███████▌▐█████████
  ██▌▐██████▄▀▀████ ███████████
   █▌▐█████████▄▀██ ████▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀ ████████████   ▄▄▄▄████
     ██████▀▀▀▄▄▄█▄ ██████
     ▀▀ ▄▄▄████████▌▐███
             ▀▀▀▀▀██ ▀

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 09:21:48 AM

From my perspective at least, this is not a bet, it's a business transaction. My motivations are 90% profit and 10% because I do not foresee BU as it exists today succeeding with the lack of code review and still unsolved EC divergence. Nothing prevents a miner from switching to the Core chain and orphaning the entire BU chain if it becomes profitable to do so.

As for big vs small, I supported 2MB last year when there was no working implementation of LN. Today SegWit + LN appears to be ready to go. I believe that the BU miners are not looking at the bigger picture. On chain fees can continue to rise even while a large number of transactions move to LN. There is no issue paying a $10 fee to open a reusable channel, while the same fee for a single transaction is extreme. SW already offers 2MB, the only difference seems to be where the signatures are stored.

Let me ask you a question just to satisfy my own curiosity and discover the reason for your recent "business transaction" proposition to Ver. You are "loaded". I assume you live in a beautiful home with all the modern appointments. Surely you must have fine automobiles at your disposal and take worldwide vacations with the same frequency that other people change their underwear. In essence, you want for nothing. Your stake in the "business transaction" you're proposing is worth upwards of $60 million. With that kind of money, why would you not simply cash out, retire, and enjoy everything the world has to offer? Instead, you leverage your millions to prove a point? I don't get it.

i'm guessing you don't know many high wealth individuals, because i am yet to meet one that has as you put it, 'cashed out', 'retired'. tis not how they think and in essence the driving force to their high wealth.

(just noticed epiphy above explained it well also)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 10:29:05 AM

Roger Ver thinks he is the ultimate whale of bitcoin when he is a nobody compared to real 2010-2011 tier whales

Pretty sure there are some 500.000 BTC+ cryptopunks out there reading this thread.

Im sure Roger Ver will find some excuse to not make the public deal because he isn't going to dump, he's just bluffing.

Bitcoin Unlimited nodes are crashing again due a bug. There are 0% chances the market will support BTU.

The (small but noisy) segment of the market's economic nodes currently attacking Bitcoin are running Core while signaling BTU support.

No matter.  Roger is a snotty punk (especially) compared to the 500k+ BTC Arcturian Megavoidwhales who frolic in the deep beyond Valhalla, singing to their God, the ultimate whale, Satoshi Himself.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:14:03 PM

lol which tard would trade 1:1 BTC for BTU.
No one, not even Ver

Looks like he is doubling down on it, so yeah I think he may actually do it.  Not mentioned in the video, but in the replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDTNA85rm4

I can make this nice image 2 this means notting... I want to see a signed btc transaction!
Roger & Jihan set you money were your mouth is!!!!

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
notthematrix
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:18:55 PM

The nice thing is no response on ANYTHING...
only trols that can BLAH BLAH
I can mike nice photoshop shit too Smiley
I need A SINGED response on roger vers  btc adresss posted on HIS twitter!
BUT I GUESS BU ,  RV and JH are a joke!
As Trace mayer explains here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuW66xlUW9A

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
.♦♦♦.XSL Labs.♦♦♦.
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|  WHITEPAPER 
  AUDIO WP
|Confidentiality
Authenticity
Integrity
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:20:53 PM

bitcoin-cli signmessage 19Mz2o9RDABT74SA9njZqMtJXKEzj2qUoH '@RogerVer lets make a deal, 1 for 1 trade. At least 60k, possibly up to 130k, my BTU for your BTC.'
H9ed6z5RgdThRxXXqePmtJbaK1pGvoy6e+aiwUPD6pkrJ6d6TBchOu5OQLEbgq/15YRjcOUC+kMrGVfszUXV5Wc=

This game is very serious and is not funny and it will cause some panic later on when ver losses on his bet. If in case ver loses then we can expect a 40k to 60k bitcoins will be dumped on the market and a sudden decrease in bitcoins value will happen. But if he will win the bet then a major increase in bitcoins value will be expected.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

bitcoin-cli signmessage 19Mz2o9RDABT74SA9njZqMtJXKEzj2qUoH '@RogerVer lets make a deal, 1 for 1 trade. At least 60k, possibly up to 130k, my BTU for your BTC.'
H9ed6z5RgdThRxXXqePmtJbaK1pGvoy6e+aiwUPD6pkrJ6d6TBchOu5OQLEbgq/15YRjcOUC+kMrGVfszUXV5Wc=

This game is very serious and is not funny and it will cause some panic later on when ver losses on his bet. If in case ver loses then we can expect a 40k to 60k bitcoins will be dumped on the market and a sudden decrease in bitcoins value will happen. But if he will win the bet then a major increase in bitcoins value will be expected.

Why would OP make this bet (in order to help his bitcoin investment) and then turn around and dump to tank the price.  That would be retarded.

aso118
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 12:31:21 PM

Where is the bet? It is just an offer, which Roger might or might not accept? There is no bet, and there is no winner or losser.
btcbroker is just showing his confidence in bitcoin core, and expects Roger to show his confidence in Bitcoin unlimited.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: