Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64837 times)
Loaded (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 113

whale eater

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:23:25 PM
Merited by Stunna (6), ebliever (5), Coin_trader (2)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/60ozkh/rogerver_lets_make_a_deal_1_for_1_trade_at_least/

bitcoin-cli signmessage 19Mz2o9RDABT74SA9njZqMtJXKEzj2qUoH '@RogerVer lets make a deal, 1 for 1 trade. At least 60k, possibly up to 130k, my BTU for your BTC.'
H9ed6z5RgdThRxXXqePmtJbaK1pGvoy6e+aiwUPD6pkrJ6d6TBchOu5OQLEbgq/15YRjcOUC+kMrGVfszUXV5Wc=

Bitcoin multimillionaire, broker, and asset manager.
bitcoind signmessage 1BqcwhKevdBKeos72b8E32Swjrp4iDVnjP "I am 'Loaded' of bitcointalk.org."
Hw6QbEy+Z5BNwiv0kPTyizzgU5T1H88RnPRvk7730VoGTReJndKzZ4Jnn1JjIkNiVwBIXsx19RwXQWVfWrZjW+M=
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 06:26:09 PM

I bet he won't take it.. Some sportsbetting place should put odds on it..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 07:52:42 PM

This is shocking (folks, he means 60,000 BTC, not $60,000).

I wonder what the terms would be -- we might not even get a split.
At what point is it considered a split.

This is certainly putting your money where your mouth is (unless its a bluff).  
Maybe OP will explain his sentiment.  Tongue

Does OP anticipate we'll actually get a split?

AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:01:08 PM

Does OP anticipate we'll actually get a split?

Yes, the person wants to exchange the split coins and hold and see which will be more valuable in time.
Ver gets this persons BTU coins, and Ver hands over his BTC coins. There will be no dumping.

Depending on which chain survives (long term), determines who the winner of this bet is.

Obviously, parties should use escrow to exchange the coins.  Cheesy

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4409

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:05:22 PM

post removed
post made by btc_broker not roger
= roger not even making a bet

im guessing in 2 minutes the reddit trolls will make some big deal about how roger made a bet and the renigged
or how roger instigated a bet
or how roger asked for a bet

any troll can make a post asking for a free house and a asian wife.. doesnt mean they will get it.
making this topic pointless

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

post removed

im guessing in 2 minutes the reddit trolls will make some big deal about how roger made a bet and the renigged

any troll can make a post asking for a free house and a asian wife.. doesnt mean they will get it.

i thought it was made by loaded.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:11:48 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2017, 08:29:59 PM by AgentofCoin

post removed

This may not matter anyway, I'm having trouble verifying the signature.
So likely troll fake.

EDIT: I was wrong, it does verify.
So might still be a troll, but atleast this person controls the funds.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4409

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:14:23 PM

post removed

the origin (reddit post)
@RogerVer lets make a deal, 1 for 1 trade. At least 60k, possibly up to 130k, my BTU for your BTC. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 2 hours ago by btc_brokerredditor
[removed]
    comment

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:22:11 PM

This may not matter anyway, I'm having trouble verifying the signature.
So likely troll fake.

Addy holds aprox 40k BTC..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:41:03 PM

pretty sure this is 'loaded' or else why is he re-posting it here.

I'm glad they are not dumping

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:43:18 PM

I was under the impression that Mr Loaded only procured and controlled funds on behalf of others. If that is the case then I hope they all agree.

The odds of this being taken up are nil but it would be very cool to witness.
elebit

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:54:22 PM

This sums up my feelings very well indeed about the rumored 300k BTC dump that threatens to tank the price!

Roger Ver may own a sh*tload of coins, but there must be sooo many more early adopters that want to keep BTC rather than the forkcoins. 300 early adopters with 1k each could out-dump Ver. Especially considering the BTU order books would be very thin come fork day, with a much lower intial price to boot.

So if Ver really made good on his threat to tank the price, that could very well kill BTU dead, while BTC at least has a chance to recover (as it did the FBI dump). And with loaded's stash fewer people are required than I initially thought...
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:03:33 PM

There is almost no point to dump right now. Holding bitcoin right now is probably the way of getting extra money. I dont know what value will btu hold later however he will have the same amount of btu matched with his btc. If it is only 1$ then he has extra 40k grand right now ( thats probably why the price is getting higher because of the buy pressure now )
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:05:25 PM

Loaded is just trying to get a good deal for his BUtcoins because he expects he won't get 1:1 on the market post fork.

If Roger truly believes that BUtcoins are the future he would be wise to jump on this deal.

Granted there are other difficulties that make this deal cumbersome. You'd have to either rely on escrow (and lose control of your coins) or a legally biding contract (and all the things which that entails).

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Loaded (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 113

whale eater

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:33:42 PM

Reddit seems to have caught that post in a spam filter, it shows up when I'm logged in. I lost the password to my other reddit account.

60K is personal holdings, possibly up to an additional 70K in client funds depending on their sentiment, which pretty strongly leans Core.

Escrow wise, I would hope someone could come up with an atomic swap method.

No split, no transaction. If there is a split, I'd love to double up.

Bitcoin multimillionaire, broker, and asset manager.
bitcoind signmessage 1BqcwhKevdBKeos72b8E32Swjrp4iDVnjP "I am 'Loaded' of bitcointalk.org."
Hw6QbEy+Z5BNwiv0kPTyizzgU5T1H88RnPRvk7730VoGTReJndKzZ4Jnn1JjIkNiVwBIXsx19RwXQWVfWrZjW+M=
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1102

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:36:20 PM

So the topic is still there? Any response from Roger?
I wonder who gives up. If Mr. Ver doesn't take it, the topic will give him some bad publicity. (coward not supporting his own project?)
Anyway If I had an option to choose the same cash prize in BU and BTC I'd choose BTC in an instant. BU still has a long way to go.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:38:42 PM

Reddit seems to have caught that post in a spam filter, it shows up when I'm logged in. I lost the password to my other reddit account.

60K is personal holdings, possibly up to an additional 70K in client funds depending on their sentiment, which pretty strongly leans Core.

Have Ver fly out to meet you in person and live stream it with an a respected
semi-independent Bitcoiner there as a real time witness and the escrow agent.
You and Ver split the cost of flying out this respected Bitcoiner.

Make it a good old fashion Pay-Per-View event. Major Bitcoin history right there.
Like boxers getting weighed-in before the fight. Glorious.

sana98212

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:49:32 PM

BitcoinUnlimited can end costing more than Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin core will end costing 1/10 of BU price and will be renamed to Bitcoin classic just like Ethereum-
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:52:53 PM

BitcoinUnlimited can end costing more than Bitcoin Core, Bitcoin core will end costing 1/10 of BU price and will be renamed to Bitcoin classic just like Ethereum-

In which case Ver would be insane not to take this deal. Wink

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Hatcher

Activity: 369
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 09:55:46 PM

In which case Ver would be insane not to take this deal. Wink

Exactly, that's why the proposition exists in the first place. If it was guaranteed that BTC would be move valuable, then of course it wouldn't get taken.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: