Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:24:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: @RogerVer lets make a deal. At least 60k, my BTU for your BTC.  (Read 64838 times)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:32:50 PM

I have yet to receive any contact. Will be on vacation with spotty internet until Monday.

It's been more than a month now and still no reply. Roger on the other hand is still here and true to his word.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:05:02 PM

Maybe he got cold feet. 40k BTC is not a small chunk.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 01:45:29 PM

If the fork happens then all your bitcoins recorded in pre-fork blocks will exist in both blockchains, i.e. all of a sudden you will own the same amount of BTU as you have BTC (that is, as long as you hold your private keys so that you can import them into the BTU wallet).

Now if Loaded says that he doesn't care for BTU then it makes perfect sense for him to take all those 60k-130k free BTU that will magically appear out of nowhere in his BTU wallet and sell them asap for BTC. It might seem a bit risky that he wants to make the deal so much in advance before anybody can possibly know what the actual value of BTC vs BTU will turn out to be, but given his strong sentiment it's understandable and after all he won't be losing any of his (and his clients') BTC anyway.

On the other hand, Roger Ver's behavior, who allegedly owns 300k BTC and thus may also out of a thin air become the owner of 300k BTU totally free of change, is not that clear. Why would he even bother thinking about changing his 300k BTC + 300k BTU into 240k BTC + 360 BTU? It's merely a 20% shift. It seems more likely that the kid (a convicted felon who has been to federal prison, btw) either doesn't know how fork actually works or he doesn't own his private keys. Either way, an amusing example of self-ridicule.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:20:10 PM

If the fork happens then all your bitcoins recorded in pre-fork blocks will exist in both blockchains, i.e. all of a sudden you will own the same amount of BTU as you have BTC (that is, as long as you hold your private keys so that you can import them into the BTU wallet).

Now if Loaded says that he doesn't care for BTU then it makes perfect sense for him to take all those 60k-130k free BTU that will magically appear out of nowhere in his BTU wallet and sell them asap for BTC. It might seem a bit risky that he wants to make the deal so much in advance before anybody can possibly know what the actual value of BTC vs BTU will turn out to be, but given his strong sentiment it's understandable and after all he won't be losing any of his (and his clients') BTC anyway.

On the other hand, Roger Ver's behavior, who allegedly owns 300k BTC and thus may also out of a thin air become the owner of 300k BTU totally free of change, is not that clear. Why would he even bother thinking about changing his 300k BTC + 300k BTU into 240k BTC + 360 BTU? It's merely a 20% shift. It seems more likely that the kid (a convicted felon who has been to federal prison, btw) either doesn't know how fork actually works or he doesn't own his private keys. Either way, an amusing example of self-ridicule.

This is the most intelligent post in this thread to date.

687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:45:52 AM

This is the most intelligent post in this thread to date.

I would have expected this very vocal minority to attempt their fork by now. Maybe the recent price increase has people thinking twice about making huge gambles with their wealth in exchange for a relatively tiny feature request.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 06:59:21 AM

Welp. Lots of whales starting fights... I really hope that if we make a move to BU, they don't try and force a split. That would be horrible, jeez.

Turns out Bitcoin is more than a small community of people with lots of power. It's a community of people that will use this power to hurt themselves and others.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 08:46:26 AM

Welp. Lots of whales starting fights... I really hope that if we make a move to BU, they don't try and force a split. That would be horrible, jeez.

Turns out Bitcoin is more than a small community of people with lots of power. It's a community of people that will use this power to hurt themselves and others.

The BU might not be activated this year, but bitcoin will have bigger block in the future.
U2

Activity: 676
Merit: 503

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not sure...

View Profile
May 13, 2017, 03:41:45 PM

You guys let Ver troll the shit out of you.

Plain and simple....

You look like guppies, being strung around behind the curtain.

Who cares about BTU...

Like 2 BTC in VOL?

Wasting your time here don't you think?

Lames.

Um, what? You drunk bro? BU isn't a real coin/altcoin/fork at this point. So they have 0 volume. They don't exist. Maybe you're looking at futures which OBVIOUSLY would have almost 0 volume because they probably will never even exist! Throw your penny into the wishing well and hope it turns into a grand. It's not going to happen though.
stonecoldpat_

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:59:41 AM

Reddit seems to have caught that post in a spam filter, it shows up when I'm logged in. I lost the password to my other reddit account.

60K is personal holdings, possibly up to an additional 70K in client funds depending on their sentiment, which pretty strongly leans Core.

Escrow wise, I would hope someone could come up with an atomic swap method.

No split, no transaction. If there is a split, I'd love to double up.

Hi,

http://hackingdistributed.com/2017/07/11/atomic-transfer/

http://homepages.cs.ncl.ac.uk/patrick.mc-corry/atomically-trading-roger.pdf
hashmoon

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 01:03:14 PM

I have yet to receive any contact. Will be on vacation with spotty internet until Monday.

It's been more than a month now and still no reply. Roger on the other hand is still here and true to his word.

Grin
ArthurY

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

I love BTC

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:03:21 PM

Haha, BTC for BTU
Who cares about BTU?lol

Sophisticated Investor
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 06:20:50 AM

Ver, why that smile on your face? https://medium.com/@rextar4444/wright-has-satoshi-key-s-and-ver-has-your-mt-gox-coins-5ec0cf80a358
BTCLuke

Activity: 526
Merit: 508

My other Avatar is also Scrooge McDuck

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 03:50:36 AM

BUMP!  Time to bring this up again, this time for BCC!

Loaded - You around buddy? Roger's supporting the sad BCC altcoin now that will fork off of bitcoin on Aug 1.

Batter up!

Luke Parker
Bank Abolitionist
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2017, 05:25:10 PM

I'm also bumping this to call Loaded the lying scumbag that he is.
I contacted him multiple times,  provided him with all of my personal contact details including personal cell phone number so we could move ahead, and he never contacted me, and never even logged into the forum again.
I'm sick of the dishonest lying, cheating, and censorship tactics being employed by some (not all) of the Blockstream supporters.
It is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.  (Especially Theymos)

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:29:29 PM

I contacted him multiple times,  provided him with all of my personal contact details including personal cell phone number so we could move ahead, and he never contacted me, and never even logged into the forum again.
I'm sick of the dishonest lying, cheating, and censorship tactics being employed by some (not all) of the Blockstream supporters.
It is disgusting, and you should be ashamed of yourselves.  (Especially Theymos)

i don´t get the part where theymos gets bashed because loaded did not contact you. are they one person?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2017, 06:43:57 PM

i don´t get the part where theymos gets bashed because loaded did not contact you. are they one person?

Roger Ver seems to hate Theymos for life because Theymos registered /r/bitcoin before Roger Ver and he doesn't like his administration policy. Ver wants everyone to talk about all the different Bitcoin forks and client proposals but Theymos isn't as free about it.

This in practice seems like a bad thing, but I was there since the begining, I saw the Bitcoin XT thing develop, and what was once naive discussion turned into a clear shilling fest of Bitcoin clients.

Im sure there are things wrong with /r/bitcoin but you are delusional if you don't think there are massive amounts of bullshit being posted daily on /r/btc.

Having said that, I would like to see another whale battle with a BCC vs BTC bet.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:07:19 AM

I don't like Theymos because of his censorhip, manipulation and lies:  https://medium.com/@johnblocke/a-brief-and-incomplete-history-of-censorship-in-r-bitcoin-c85a290fe43

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 08:23:10 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 10:53:52 AM by hv_

WTF?

I initially thought Satoshis Bitcoin was about economic, tech and game theory... -> perfect eCash for ALL.

Now I see here its rather about people and soap opera?

Looks like that many 'users' are mostly active in posting nonsense and horsing around, rather not in directing all our power and brains in a better solution, community and most important Bitcoin's REPUTATION to the inner and outer side this entire opera is seen in the end ...?

Back to work! Make Bitcoin great again - not soapy!

Wink

My work here is to do pure analysis of WHY we have this opera:

Its all about a single line of the protocol

Where many would agree about, it is not a consensus pillar

Rather a user specific setting to allow free optimization and adjustments to market reactions

Such a minor param, that even Satoshi lost not much brain upon, rather sth like, it needs to be lifted when time is near and Moores law helps for the rest.

And due to growth and work scaling issues Satoshi resigned, not to be seen as a person, a king like leader, not to be a single point of failure and he diversified himself to a bunch of new dev persons. Carrying the responsibilities to next levels.

Now we need to do the next level, which is clearly diversifying TEAMs to spread responsibilites.

If core does like Satioshi did and showed it works, they need to step back (from behaving like a king) and lets diversify ideas, work and responsibilities through many, but friendly competing teams.

This is the big future for Satoshi Bitcoin!

Satoshi showed us all and we know, he will never come back as Satoshi, or this diversification mechanics will be obsolete.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:24:30 PM

WTF?

I initially thought Satoshis Bitcoin was about economic, tech and game theory... -> perfect eCash for ALL.

Looks like that many 'users' are mostly active in posting nonsense and horsing around, rather not in directing all our power and brains in a better solution, community and most important Bitcoin's REPUTATION to the inner and outer side this entire opera is seen in the end ...?

Wink

Rather a user specific setting to allow free optimization and adjustments to market reactions

Such a minor param, that even Satoshi lost not much brain upon, rather sth like, it needs to be lifted when time is near and Moores law helps for the rest.

And due to growth and work scaling issues Satoshi resigned, not to be seen as a person, a king like leader, not to be a single point of failure and he diversified himself to a bunch of new dev persons. Carrying the responsibilities to next levels.

Now we need to do the next level, which is clearly diversifying TEAMs to spread responsibilites.

If core does like Satioshi did and showed it works, they need to step back (from behaving like a king) and lets diversify ideas, work and responsibilities through many, but friendly competing teams.

Satoshi showed us all and we know, he will never come back as Satoshi, or this diversification mechanics will be obsolete.

Satoshi clearly said he didn't want his software forked and he didn't believe in several implementations of bitcoin:

I don't believe a second, compatible implementation of Bitcoin will ever be a good idea.  So much of the design depends on all nodes getting exactly identical results in lockstep that a second implementation would be a menace to the network.  The MIT license is compatible with all other licenses and commercial uses, so there is no need to rewrite it from a licensing standpoint.

Why are we even still disusing this? It's clear that the game theory behind how bitcoin works does not benefit from "several competing bitcoins".

If your ideas don't make the cut in the main branch it's because they aren't good enough. If you want to compete, then make your own altcoin and if people think it's better than the existing Bitcoin, then people will sell their Bitcoins for your supposed "better-than-current-Bitcoin" altcoin, but don't pretend to cause this hardfork drama every now an then thinking you are doing a favor to anyone, because you are just making the price crash, all for nothing because at the end of the day, people aren't going to trust hardforking amateurs with their money.

Im still waiting for a clear statement of Roger Ver claiming that he will sell all of his BTC for BCC. If he really thinks BCC is better than BTC, he surely will dump them right?
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2017, 06:46:48 PM

WTF?

Wink

Satoshi clearly said he didn't want his software forked and he didn't believe in several implementations of bitcoin:

I don't believe a second, compatible implementation of Bitcoin will ever be a good idea.  So much of the design depends on all nodes getting exactly identical results in lockstep that a second implementation would be a menace to the network.  The MIT license is compatible with all other licenses and commercial uses, so there is no need to rewrite it from a licensing standpoint.

Why are we even still disusing this? It's clear that the game theory behind how bitcoin works does not benefit from "several competing bitcoins".

If your ideas don't make the cut in the main branch it's because they aren't good enough. If you want to compete, then make your own altcoin and if people think it's better than the existing Bitcoin, then people will sell their Bitcoins for your supposed "better-than-current-Bitcoin" altcoin, but don't pretend to cause this hardfork drama every now an then thinking you are doing a favor to anyone, because you are just making the price crash, all for nothing because at the end of the day, people aren't going to trust hardforking amateurs with their money.

Im still waiting for a clear statement of Roger Ver claiming that he will sell all of his BTC for BCC. If he really thinks BCC is better than BTC, he surely will dump them right?

I said nothing about different Bitcoins. Only about different teams.

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: