Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raspberry Pi - A4 - Reboot Issue  (Read 468 times)
Eyedol-X (OP)

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:04:42 PM

So I'm using 2.0.2 of the A4 Software and for whatever reason today my Raspberry Pi has taken to rebooting itself automatically approximately every 5 minutes.

I've started looking at the Pi/Software since I was SSH into it and I got an alert that it was rebooting itself so I know it's not the A4 triggering this.

My First thought is to put a fresh image into the Pi but I would like to edit the interfaces of the image before I write it to an SD card. I'm working out how to do that as that's a bit tricky without a 2nd pi and from Windows. I know where the files are but how I go about editing them inside the image is what I'm working out since the SD card image contains a separate image within it that contains all the files for the Pi.

I'm posting this because I'm looking for someone with maybe some advanced knowledge about the Pi or someone familiar with the A4 image that may be able to give me some things I can try on the current image I have running (remotely)

This image ran fine at my house for over 5 days until today when I transported it to my remote site. After booting it back up is when the problem started.

I know Inno has scripts that are supposed to reboot these things and I'm wondering if something isn't working right to cause it to reboot itself every 5 minutes even though its hashing normally. My guess is some file needs to be cleared.

Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:49:05 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 11:06:23 PM by Eyedol-X

Think I figured it out.

Had to SSH into the PI and clear the tmp directory which contained a cgminer.lock file

Once I cleared that, it appears to be running normally again... almost 10 30 mins now without a reboot and prior it would reboot around 5 minutes like clock work.

Owners of the A4, I recommend you take note of this because if it happened to me, its bound to happen to you Cheesy -- All I did was power it off and move it.
Eyedol-X (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:07:01 PM

Update and FYI,

Still having the reboot issue with 2.0.2, even after this time but hopefully the news below will change that.

Innosilicon released the A4 2.0.3 software update today.

I hope to be testing it this week.

Hi, all

After a time with the guys whom we opened source to, we are honored to announce that v2.0.3 is born! Smiley
Update: add the extranonce patch into the cgminer for Nicehash users
Result: the average hashrate per A4 on Nicehash is 255Mhs after the firmware update

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sis8eoeo6wxoqdv/G5-20-V2.0.3.zip?dl=0

We will keep developing a better software for all users on the main pools. Any update, we will publish here.

Thank you very much! Many thanks to Jarrid and Ricardo!  Kiss

Innosilicon A4 Support Team
zombijs

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:05:45 PM

Please report results
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: