Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:09:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trust Issues  (Read 1210 times)
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:04:16 PM

Op, most of the problems you were talking about will disappear when you will reach higher member status.
These are just restrictions put on newbie accounts and not something related to TOR network.
If you value your privacy above else stick to TOR, but AFAIK every TOR IP is burdened with units of evil.
I would personally switch to VPN provider instead of TOR, it will give you sufficient privacy options (at least for my standards).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

So I do most of my activity behind TOR.
When I signed up here, I had to pay a fee as I signed up behind TOR as no doubt some numpties scammed some people or something. I had no problem paying the fees as they were tiny.
Now I find that I can't post a lot of the time as people are posting from the same IP as me which means I have to wait like 5 minutes... However 'this lessens with more trust'.
So I don't want to move away from TOR - yes I know there are some VPNs out there which have no logs policy, and my actual set up is TOR over no logs VPN.
How do I get more of this trust? It's getting annoying trying to post, not being able to and having to try and wait it out or reload TOR.
As I go to post this thread, I wonder how many times I will need to reload TOR before I can post.
You have trust issues in the first place. I mean why to use tor for posting on public forum? I mean its not guns & murder forum, its a bitcoin forum man Cheesy.
So you have more problems than flood limits on this forum, TOR is known from slow loading page speeds depends on nodes you get in your path.

Yeah, if you want to be anonymous here in the forum, you can just avoid linking any important infos in your account, because people here do really not care about you, unless you got many bitcoins in your wallet.
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:05:48 PM

Op, most of the problems you were talking about will disappear when you will reach higher member status.
These are just restrictions put on newbie accounts and not something related to TOR network.
If you value your privacy above else stick to TOR, but AFAIK every TOR IP is burdened with units of evil.
I would personally switch to VPN provider instead of TOR, it will give you sufficient privacy options (at least for my standards).

Well for is really another layer of protection you are ment to use vpn with it. I myself use a VPN and DNS. The reason is quite simple. I don't like the idea of my isp having access to what I do online. What I do is my business. You don't need people snooping around to try get you into trouble. I also use it to bypass blocked website and circumvent Hulu or Netflix. But using all that stuff here for a forum is over kill. If you must a VPN is fine. My VPN is on always. Though if you use dsn it's faster since VPN encrypts everything.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: