Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:32:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethical issue about ignoring hacked account  (Read 2348 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 08:53:03 PM

I have been in touch with the hacker. He has assured me he has just now returned your password to ashapasa account.
Please confirm.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 14, 2017, 04:04:24 AM

Guys, sorry if I am asking a too basic question..

If someone still controls the email used for opening the BCT account, isn't it a breeze to recover the access by just resetting the password via email? Am I missing something?

Do all of these problems arise when the person lost access both to BCT account and email address?

@mellon, I am sorry to hear this happened to you. Unfortunately I am not sure how I can help. Just tell me if you think I can help somehow. As far as I know, such issues take a lot of time and effort to be resolved here on BCT. Lets hope it gets resolved soon though.

... this space is not for rent ...
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3074

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2017, 07:05:49 AM

If someone still controls the email used for opening the BCT account, isn't it a breeze to recover the access by just resetting the password via email? Am I missing something?

Do all of these problems arise when the person lost access both to BCT account and email address?

When someone hacks a BCT account, they change the email address.

You can see this on the trust page.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:03:11 PM

I have been in touch with the hacker. He has assured me he has just now returned your password to ashapasa account.
Please confirm.

Yes account has been returned, thank you so much for your help. He apologized and said he bought the account and that he is not a hacker.

Again thanks a lot.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2017, 06:14:04 PM

Yes account has been returned, thank you so much for your help. He apologized and said he bought the account and that he is not a hacker.
Again thanks a lot.
Would it be possible for you to post something similar from the Justice11 account? Just to know that this isn't the hacker trying to take attention away from the case.
VeryFunnny

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 06:47:15 PM

@mellon, I am sorry to hear this happened to you. Unfortunately I am not sure how I can help. Just tell me if you think I can help somehow. As far as I know, such issues take a lot of time and effort to be resolved here on BCT. Lets hope it gets resolved soon though.
Hi mate. Ty for your attention to my problem,glad to see you,at this stage only theymos or Cyrus can solve my problem(exactly in my situation waas changed email address and password  in less than  one minute time when im reset my Wi Fi router),but anyway separate thanks for support and if you are needs any help or etc., you know now as to find me now,just PM me and im do all that i can to do for help you mate. Best of all to you and good luck.
Justice11 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 08:48:15 PM

Again thanks a lot.
Would it be possible for you to post something similar from the Justice11 account? Just to know that this isn't the hacker trying to take attention away from the case.

Cheesy thanks for your concern. I really did get my account back. Thanks a lot you guys, people like you restore my faith in basic human kindness.  Smiley
VeryFunnny

Activity: 120
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 15, 2017, 09:57:09 PM

Again thanks a lot.

Cheesy thanks for your concern. I really did get my account back. Thanks a lot you guys, people like you restore my faith in basic human kindness.  Smiley
Congrats mate and wellcome back Smiley
JGoRed

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 03:18:55 AM

ashapasa is now a slave account on the same rota as these other "reactivated" accounts.

So, if you don't mind elaborating; what's a slave account?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 06:18:00 AM

Please confirm.

Again thanks a lot.

Could be anyone claiming this. In order to avoid potential ethical issues I better leave a negative rating. Just to make sure.

For thos not getting it: Its a hyperbole in the hopes that OP will understand the problems with what they are asking for.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: