Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Voting closed: March 18, 2018, 04:16:00 PM)
https://byteball.org/ - 48 (37.2%)
https://ico.ethbits.com/ - 10 (7.8%)
http://www.sphre.co/ - 1 (0.8%)
https://mybit.io/ - 2 (1.6%)
http://matchpool.co/ - 16 (12.4%)
http://www.aeternity.com/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://www.wetrust.io/ - 8 (6.2%)
https://www.boscoin.io/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://mobilego.io/ - 12 (9.3%)
http://www.iotatoken.com/ - 24 (18.6%)
Total Voters: 129

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Read 14146 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:05:03 PM

You guys are missing out on this one...

http://cryptokingdom.me

In the first 50 hours since the announcement, the markets look as follows:

CK/XMR bid, in Crypto Kingdom Ultima: 27,175 (+288%, it was 7,000 at the start)
XMR/USD, in Coinmarketcap: 20.45 (-2.6%, it was 21.03 at the start)

So the announcement seems to have benefited CK and not hurt XMR (excessively), which of course is as intended.

CK item marketcap is now $5.80 million.*

XMR marketcap is $290 million.

Dash marketcap is $692 million.

Crypto Kingdom has declared its digital sovereignty and is unpegging itself from any other cryptocurrency. Exchanges into and out of the CK universe will be done on the basis of freely floating exchange rates, and any cryptocurrency representatives are welcome to establish their own crypto-to-CK gateways. I even hear talks that a BTC exchange channel is on the way!

In the humble Marquess's opinion, this is a great opportunity for those invested in altcoins with no discernible reason for existence (i.e., most of them!) to establish a relationship with a digital kingdom that has over 3 years of engaged play by some of the most notable luminaries in crypto (as merely business-minded, the Marquess excludes himself from this illustrious group). By engaging your altcoin in the CK ecosystem, at least those heavy loads of unremarkable cryptocoins can at least provide some fun for their bagholders. Of couse, more "remarkable" cryptocurrencies are welcome to participate as well Grin      

As part of this change, the current game ownership token CK is going to become the defacto in-game currency, necessary for all marketplace transactions. During recent days (in the real world) and months (in CK), CK has risen from lows of 4k to highs of 50k+ and now currently stands at roughly 33k. Over 3.5k XMR (roughly $70k in "green money") from the CK Office stands at the ready purchasing and burning platform tokens. This is in addition to the roughly $70k that has already been spent and burned.

And the price will not stop rising! In fact, with newly unlocked wealth entering the kingdom, the Marquess predicts a general infux of purchasing power and rising asset and consumables prices throughout the land.

If you could get listed on coinmarketcap, and get listed on some exchange where speculators can trade it with BTC. Then I think you'd see an even faster surge of money, especially right now there seems to be a focus on finding small fast moving marketcaps to speculate on.

Once you elevate the marketcap to $100m and make it into the Top 10, then everything changesTM.

So, therefore:

1) Office will dispose of the bulk of its moneretos (6,000,000,000*M) by purchasing CK with them;

2) The purchases will be consummated in the next 30 real-hours, approximately linearly, so that 200,000,000 M will be spent on average each hour;

3) The CK thus purchased will be consumed to effect a decrease of number of CK outstanding;

4) Let the decision to be proclaimed to the four corners of the Earth by the loving and submissive people in the Kingdom.

Hi. It is some time since I registered (it was when money was free). and I am just totally lost, I want to be rich and happy and don't know what to do. Please help me with ideas etc. I am Eili 1033 in game and live in Stonehaven. I have 27 mil, is it good to invest or what?? Please help. Blessings to all good people in the kingdom (and bad also) <3

CK is a quality investment. It's a share of the game, so if the game does well, the ck price and its dividends will reflect its value. As for other investments, I would watch the markets, learn about the items through players, and figure which are most attractive to you as far as style of play and potential roi.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 06:44:31 AM

We are holding an ICO to help develop Ethbits iTrade and as a reward for token holders we will be sharing 40% of the site profit from both platforms. so if you hold Ethbit tokens you will be paid quarterly dividends in Ether.

this is really interesting...
here there are two major people..
users..
and investors... who put money to eventually get a rewar..
goin to telegram to deep inside this tip!!!
thank you

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 09:16:07 AM

...and coming with unique ideas.

ok.. here you got my attention :-)
can you share with us, in a few word,
what are this unique ideas??
just a small description..
then i can study in deep by myself!!

thank you

Yes you can do that
iamnotback

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:53:16 PM

The fundamental reason that giving away tokens without proof-of-burn makes it impossible for that token to compete with Bitcoin:

And realize that the whales' can kill the fork because they already own tokens in both forks from the inception.

And that is what makes it different from launching an altcoin.

The whales of Bitcoin get free tokens to dump on your coin so they can buy Bitcoins.

However in Byteball's case looks like Tony could have made deals with the exchanges to kickback some of the tokens to him in exchange for his scheme. It certainly could be a scam, as @cryptohunter alleged. Who knows? Where there is honey, there are usually flies.
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 11:30:31 PM

thank you

Yes you can do that
6 pages of posts and not a single mentin to stratis??
also icn will be a very good investment but slower i guess

italianMiner72 (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 09:58:03 AM

thank you

Yes you can do that
6 pages of posts and not a single mentin to stratis??
also icn will be a very good investment but slower i guess
hi cerejobastos .
the thread it's focused to new coins and project.
Stratis is an old one coin...
but if you want to explay what are the strenght of stratis, you can of course!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
cerejobastos

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:15:39 PM

ah ok sorry, that detail escaped me.
Still, interesting thread, I am looking forward to get more info on some of these coins aswell.

Odrak

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:25:53 PM

The fundamental reason that giving away tokens without proof-of-burn makes it impossible for that token to compete with Bitcoin:

And realize that the whales' can kill the fork because they already own tokens in both forks from the inception.

And that is what makes it different from launching an altcoin.

The whales of Bitcoin get free tokens to dump on your coin so they can buy Bitcoins.

However in Byteball's case looks like Tony could have made deals with the exchanges to kickback some of the tokens to him in exchange for his scheme. It certainly could be a scam, as @cryptohunter alleged. Who knows? Where there is honey, there are usually flies.

What are you implying? Not quite getting the point you're making.

First of all, I believe Byteball took the free distribution route with Metcalfe's law in mind, think it's even mentioned in the OP...

Metcalfe's law states that the value of a telecommunications network is proportional to the square of the number of connected users of the system (n2).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metcalfe's_law

Second, regarding the exchanges, there's currently only one active exchange (cryptox.pl), they have provided all holders of byteball with their interest be it against a small fee.

You are effectively implying Byteball is a well-thought out scam because there's 'honey', without any constructive arguments. Probably how you got that many posts, huh. By the way I am guessing there's more honey in developing the project further looking at the progress they've been making. Personally I think the odds of it being a 'scam' are very limited, besides you can get in for free anyway..

- I am not affiliated with the project itself, always do your own due diligence Smiley

---

Regarding the topic on hand, I find Ubiq a very interesting fork of Ethereum.
JammyDodger

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:45:57 PM

I can see Gamecredits blowing up in the future, anyone with any knowledge of the gaming industry knows how big ingame purchases can be (multi billion industry).  It looks like they have a great team behind the project and real passion for it.  Hopefully this will succeed and go onto great things, its 1 of my bigger investments.

hankyulpark

Activity: 70

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

I vote BOScoin  Grin

Main aspects of this decision without going too far with tech stuff:

Trusted contracts:
The possibility to the general public to be able to write contracts. Trust contracts separate the contents of the contract into a human-readable language and the code needed to run it.

Congress network:
The Congress Network is the decision making body in the BOScoin network which improves governance issues arising in decentralized organizations and helps the system continuously evolve into a more robust ecosystem. The Congress is composed of nodes that are live on the network. Only full-node operators have the voting rights to participate in decision-making process. This means BOScoin will be led by the peers who contribute to the BOScoin network.

source: https://www.boscoin.io/en/faq/

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 06:50:22 PM

It depends on your understanding of what “big thing” is, if you are talking about something like litecoin or eth than there will be one eventually, these altcoins are just temporary, for example litecoin was the biggest coin after bitcoin but eth passed them, there will be another coin who will eventually pass eth one day. However if you are talking about “big thing” like bitcoin than I am afraid nothing will be another bitcoin or at least close to being as big as bitcoin.
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:32:58 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 09:29:16 PM by monsanto

The next "BIG THING" will probably be BIG increments.  This is technology designed for rich, lazy, and mentally challenged people. Imagine if bitcoin could only be transferred in $1 or $5 increments. Call this invention BlobCoin if you will.  BlobCoin is a coin that is only transferable in large value increments.  

So say you go to the BlobCoin store.. well everything is priced in Blobs in around $3 increments.  So now you don't have to think.. hmm should I buy this sandwich for $7.82 or this one for $10.23.. instead they're both just 1 BlobCoin each.  A rich person doesn't care if that drink is $4 or $7, and they will pay to not have to waste their time on that by using BlobCoin.  Same with a lazy guy who doesn't want to balance his checkbook with all these numbers.. now he can just take a glance.. yep.. around 100 Blobs deposit, and 100 Blobs payed out this month.. everything checks out.  Maybe some guy is in a motorcycle accident without a helmet.. he'd rather not do have to look and compare a bunch of numbers.. just put all the food at the supermarket in 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 (for organic) Blobs to make it easier.

The variance increases but over time it averages out plus the utility gain in time saved.

Blobcoin = Bitcoin - Variance + Time

Therefore Blobcoin > Bitcoin so long as the utility balance of Time$saved > Variance$lost Wink
hellsingfan

Activity: 258

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:15:06 PM

IOTA.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:22:06 PM

A significant upward revaluation is happening right now:

CK worth in relation to XMR

It is cheap because almost no one knows about it yet. Originally it was backed with XMR, but now the XMR has been sold and reinvested in the now independent CK monetary unit.

Some better charts and quotes are apparently coming soon. I don't know if it will be listed on coinmarketcap because it is an unusual in game currency.

I heard the Bitcoin exchange is coming soon. So that should bring in much more liquidity which should I guess in theory could cause another significant revaluation higher in price.

What should I be doing with it?  Sell it?  Consume it?

Consider holding it, no one actually knows what is an utility of this gem.

Indeed for many reasons, one small but unbounded potential of which the King and one of his elder Knights (who might also be a King in the federation of another very valuable dimension) have reestablished their mutual commitments.

There are several things you can do [i.e. what is this about?]

CK broadens the participation in the game of finance and WoT, a game of life, history, tradition, imagination, reality, and fiction, and thus I think it overlaps also the knowledge creation economy. There is unbounded unexplored territory to stake out for the kingdom.

Thinking $100m CK marketcap is orders-of-magnitude too small. It is a first step.

Can we recruit the King of the NBA and storytelling, Kobe Byrant to his rightful place in our kingdom! Why not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YG0KKlkgCLQ
https://youtu.be/sPYKSovj1lM?t=236
italianMiner72 (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 10:59:21 AM

ah ok sorry, that detail escaped me.
Still, interesting thread, I am looking forward to get more info on some of these coins aswell.

no problem!!!
 you are welcome.
if you have any tip about new coins...
plz contribute here, posting some info about it.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 11:12:37 AM
Last edit: March 29, 2017, 11:34:24 AM by unsoindovo

A significant upward revaluation is happening right now:

CK worth in relation to XMR

It is cheap because almost no one knows about it yet. Originally it was backed with XMR, but now the XMR has been sold and reinvested in the now independent CK monetary unit.

Some better charts and quotes are apparently coming soon. I don't know if it will be listed on coinmarketcap because it is an unusual in game currency.

I heard the Bitcoin exchange is coming soon. So that should bring in much more liquidity which should I guess in theory could cause another significant revaluation higher in price.

but is listed in some exchange?
i mean CK, cryptho Kingdom, is tradable???
searching aroud trex, polo and worldcoinindex but i have found nothig..

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:25:36 AM
Last edit: June 27, 2019, 10:37:22 PM by hansen.ng

I am optimist about:
Komodo and it's decentralize exchange

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
innergy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 07:54:33 PM

Version 1.7.0 released https://github.com/byteball/byteball/releases

This version enables prediction markets based on P2P smart contracts. See https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-episode-iii-prediction-markets-f40d49c0abab

Now you can bet on (or hedge against) any events and get paid if the event happens.  One type of events that is already working today is events based on exchange rates of crypto coins and major fiat currencies. 

You are welcome to add new oracles that post other real-world events and enable prediction markets based on these events.

Other updates:
* New translations thanks to community members: Hungarian, Swedish, Polish.  Dutch translation improved.
* Multiple small improvements and bugfixes

If you are running a full wallet, the upgrade is mandatory.  The new version extends the smart contract language.  As soon as the new language constructs are used for the fist time, old nodes will not recognize them and will be stuck until upgraded.

https://medium.com/byteball/making-p2p-great-again-episode-iii-prediction-markets-f40d49c0abab
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 03:52:28 AM

I am optimist about:
1. Komodo and it's decentralize exchange
2.#minexcoin because It seems promising. Imagine owning a piece of a central bank (but without the emission of new money) that's governed by algorithm instead of human. Promising 33.6% annual growth,It worth a shot for me. Here is a link to their whitepaper: https://minexcoin.com/html/download/wpeng.pdf

A lot of groups seem to be working to bring a decentralized exchange that actually has some functionality... one that people actually want to use. I'm still skeptical because lag issues, etc, will always make it an inferior user experience than with a centralized well. I'm also having a hard time understanding how a decentralized exchange will ever have fiat on/off ramps that work consistently. Of course the big selling point with dex is security and anonymity.  So it seems the future of these decentralized exchanges may rest on what regulators ultimately decide to do.  If there's some huge crackdown by the feds at some point maybe the dex will catch on.  Or if Polo went down mt gox style.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2017, 04:45:59 AM

Large group of cryptocurrencies were found here and there with specific targeted​ token value. Among them only very few moves forward to the next level. Most of the altcoins are based on the same blockchain platform and only few experience growth. Most due to lack of funding and deficit in the development team causes a downfall. Recent days XMR seems to move potentially.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀