Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:22:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Voting closed: March 18, 2018, 04:16:00 PM)
https://byteball.org/ - 48 (37.2%)
https://ico.ethbits.com/ - 10 (7.8%)
http://www.sphre.co/ - 1 (0.8%)
https://mybit.io/ - 2 (1.6%)
http://matchpool.co/ - 16 (12.4%)
http://www.aeternity.com/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://www.wetrust.io/ - 8 (6.2%)
https://www.boscoin.io/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://mobilego.io/ - 12 (9.3%)
http://www.iotatoken.com/ - 24 (18.6%)
Total Voters: 129

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Read 14146 times)
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:49:03 AM

Most of the popular altcoin are on ETHereum contract. THE "Ethereum" thing is something that adds the quality of a coin. Something a plus factor and even StorjX coin is adopting or migrating into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:51:41 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 01:13:00 AM by iamnotback

I am getting ready to go to sleep, and I might forget to come back to this thread. Actually I hope I don't. Should move on.

So I will post this thought a bit too prematurely just because I might otherwise forget.

I messaged @tonych and his initial reply did not deny my allegation. I asked for further clarification because his reply seemed to be worded as an admission but it was still somewhat ambiguous. So if there aren't any further updates, then perhaps you can presume the obvious implication.

I replied to @tonych that I would apologize if I end up having the wrong interpretation.

Also I want to say that IMO there is nothing ethically wrong with a 7% or 14% premine[1], as long as the developer states it clearly upfront.

IMHO, attempts at deception reflect a lack of long-term commitment and pride in a project, because I believe no developer who is serious/sincere would want his project maligned by (even subtle) attempts at deception.

[1] Note I actually believe > 5% is excessive unless the money supply continues to increase indefinitely, in which case that premine is continually diminishing over time, which is not the case for Byteball.

Edit: @tonych replied and the 1% of 1,000,000 GB is confirmed which is 7% of the current 137,000 issuance (and issuance is unlikely to increase much in future rounds). I had the correct interpretation. Note he refused to reply about the wallet signups, so form your own conclusion on that one. I am not quoting him because I didn't ask his permission to do so. And I don't want to annoy him further by asking him.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:56:20 AM

But for me, the next big THING, means something which could really change the world and grow into something formidable. Then I don't think it is Byteball.

See my other thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1840142.msg18310329#msg18310329
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:19:11 AM

TBH i think byteball sounds funny..i mean just like monero. It just sounds like a joke. I never took monero seriously because of it's name. I know i'm shallow, but you can never tell anyone you buy/own/use monero. It'd be awkward.
Odrak

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:50:24 AM

I am getting ready to go to sleep, and I might forget to come back to this thread. Actually I hope I don't. Should move on.

So I will post this thought a bit too prematurely just because I might otherwise forget.

I messaged @tonych and his initial reply did not deny my allegation. I asked for further clarification because his reply seemed to be worded as an admission but it was still somewhat ambiguous. So if there aren't any further updates, then perhaps you can presume the obvious implication.

I replied to @tonych that I would apologize if I end up having the wrong interpretation.

Also I want to say that IMO there is nothing ethically wrong with a 7% or 14% premine[1], as long as the developer states it clearly upfront.

IMHO, attempts at deception reflect a lack of long-term commitment and pride in a project, because I believe no developer who is serious/sincere would want his project maligned by (even subtle) attempts at deception.

[1] Note I actually believe > 5% is excessive unless the money supply continues to increase indefinitely, in which case that premine is continually diminishing over time, which is not the case for Byteball.

Edit: @tonych replied and the 1% of 1,000,000 GB is confirmed which is 7% of the current 137,000 issuance (and issuance is unlikely to increase much in future rounds). I had the correct interpretation. Note he refused to reply about the wallet signups, so form your own conclusion on that one. I am not quoting him because I didn't ask his permission to do so. And I don't want to annoy him further by asking him.

Have you taken no time reading the OP?

The snapshots for the 4th round will be taken on the Full Moon of April, on Apr 11, 2017 at 06:08 UTC.  This is what you receive:
BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB)
BTC to blackbytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 2.1111 * 62.5 million blackbytes (money supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times more than that of bytes)
Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes

Distribution consists of bytes per proven BTC balance as well as 10% interest on all existing bytes. Distribution might be slow but 100% will be distributed in a timely manner. What you are implying is nonsense
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1019

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:01:48 AM

TBH i think byteball sounds funny..i mean just like monero. It just sounds like a joke. I never took monero seriously because of it's name. I know i'm shallow, but you can never tell anyone you buy/own/use monero. It'd be awkward.
Same as yours i do found monero on the first place sounds very awkward but i do regret it and now im too behind on buying one.From the options above i chose byteball because its better compared to those alts mentioned on the poll and also Vslice does really have the potential too.I wont miss another opportunity again.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:07:30 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 03:36:56 AM by iamnotback

Have you taken no time reading the OP?

The snapshots for the 4th round will be taken on the Full Moon of April, on Apr 11, 2017 at 06:08 UTC.  This is what you receive:
BTC to bytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 62.5 MB (0.0625 GB)
BTC to blackbytes: 1 BTC of proven balance gives you 2.1111 * 62.5 million blackbytes (money supply of blackbytes is 2.1111 times more than that of bytes)
Bytes to bytes: 1 byte on any Byteball address gives you 0.1 new bytes
Bytes to blackbytes: 1 byte on linked Byteball address gives you 0.21111 blackbytes

Distribution consists of bytes per proven BTC balance as well as 10% interest on all existing bytes. Distribution might be slow but 100% will be distributed in a timely manner. What you are implying is nonsense

Have you even used your brain?

Who is going to bother going through the hassle of linking their BTC on the 4th round when the 0.0625 GB they will receive is only worth $4 per BTC they link. And it will only get more unfavorable on future rounds. The planned issuance will never be achieved (okay maybe mathematically we can maybe argue that asymptotically it would eventually be fully issued some 100+ years from now, but that it isn't relevant because Tony will have sold his 7 - 14% long before that). Realize that afaik Tony apparently awarded his 10,000 GB to himself at launch day. So his coins are worth $670,000 on a $9 million market cap as we speak.

The 10% interest only increases the existing 137,000 to 150,700. That is only an overall increase of only 1.4% of the planned issuance.

I don't have any problem with him doing that. I just want people to understand that the "1%" is a mathematical deception. And you damn well know it.

I wont miss another opportunity again.

FOMO.

Same as yours i do found monero on the first place sounds very awkward but i do regret it

I also thought it was strange that someone who is invested in Ethereum would complain about names. Smoke the ether dude.

(I've complained about the Monero name, but I also posted at the precisely correct time to buy it, that it was going to rocket up, so if I had wanted to speculate the name wouldn't have stopped me. What stopped me is that I didn't have any money to speculate with and I still don't so I need to remain conservative. Never speculate with money you can't afford to lose)

Byteball is has a reasonable likelihood to be the next big PUMP. But I am reasonably certain it will not be the next THING in crypto, as in massive adoption or practical use. But that shouldn't stop you from speculating on the PUMP. I would too if my opportunity cost wasn't so much higher than yours. If it wasn't a pita to buy, I'd probably buy 1 or 2 BTC of Byteball (except now that I see Tony is deceptive then I ethically don't want to buy it). But for that small amount, it isn't worth my time to figure out to buy it, since it isn't listed on Poloneix. And then I also have to figure out where to store the damn wallet. I don't have time for that over such a small amount of money involved. I have bigger fish to fry.

Btw, I been telling people to buy a little Byteball for the past months. So that is what is very strange when their supporters attack one of their former supporters. Just because I pointed out the truth.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:24:33 AM

I have a good feeling Monero will be the next big things, maybe ethereum got a chance to become big and I don't think there will be any other alt coin will become big than these 2 coins, and ICO wont become big in a short time, if ICO become big in a short time, it will bounce back again like zcash last time

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
metropolia

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:25:53 AM

People like byteball very much, but the free distribution may prevent it being the top coins, because people who got free coins need to dump it for free money. I prefer aeternity is the next big thing.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:30:06 AM

People like byteball very much, but the free distribution may prevent it being the top coins, because people who got free coins need to dump it for free money.

That was my original claim several months ago in the official thread. But I thought it will be open to all BTC holders until the supply was fulfilled. I didn't realize they were going to do this more unfavorable later rounds. I should have realized that would be the gimick the insiders would use to get 10X more supply than everyone thought they would get.

But because the issuance is to exclusive to those who participated in the very favorable first round, I think maybe they think they should hold on. So far they only have a 10% gain on their BTC. They probably feel Byteball is going to be the next great THING in crypto.

But they better do the pump soon. Because other coins are coming, and Byteball's features won't seem so unique later in the year.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:43:42 AM

I like Monero and Siacoin, they'll be big IMO.
Civil

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:45:38 AM

@OP you mean the "BIG THING" about the price or about technical features?
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:29:14 AM

Just took a closer look at Byteball's distribution scheme (because someone posted and ask me to) and realized the developer did a sneaky form of premine (he wasn't totally honest and transparent):

The first round of Byteball was awarding 1 GB for each 0.7 BTC. The 4th round is only awarding 0.0625 GB for each 1 BTC. So apparently the distribution is nearly completed.

So the developer/creator of Byteball (named Tony) was very sneaky. He said his premine for himself was only 2%, but in effect it will be more than 10% (currently 14.6%) because less than 20% of the total planned supply will ever be issued.
Tony never claimed 2%, he only claimed 1%, and that is still valid, 1% is kept for him, the rest is distributed, just because it went form 0.7BTC to 0.0625 doesnt mean he will retain more, it means there will be more distribution rounds.
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:33:32 AM

@OP you mean the "BIG THING" about the price or about technical features?

I mean the "BIG THING" about the technical features.. of course!!!
high price, i mean hundreds of $ for 1 coin,  it's a consequence, if the project it's a good project...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:25:44 AM

winter is coming.
for most ICOs.

next big thing ... a repeat of
GEMZ
DAO
SWARM
STEEM!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
york780

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:26:16 AM

Easy. The ethereum moon trip.  Grin
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:27:52 AM

iamnotback is the only one that answer the OP question ... arcrilic block chain techono-babble

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
zuqka

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:36:52 AM

Well look at all the massive innovation going on the Ethereum platform!

What innovation? Since you are so well informed about eth and bash all other platforms!

nxt: NXT-2V7G-C8BY-KTYY-CAHNU * btc: 19UcQHepGvXb2fDcAMBJo1a3iduqBNXaGw * byte: XJBP46RQ7OZ6KKY4IXKL73VQBDKRIYJ4
cryptonia

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:58:06 AM

The next big thing will be Evan Duffield revealing himself to be an alien who has come to earth to enslave us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcUHQYhPTE
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:44:12 AM

So first choices are Byteball and Iota, at this stage.

I totally agree, they can disrupt the market, because they make blockchains obsolete.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: