Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:29:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "An output is already spent in" error?  (Read 582 times)
topsyturvy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:42:11 PM

I am trying to send Bitcoin from my wallet, but I am constantly being presented with the following error:
"
An output is already spent in 1d7d983b43b49f2d4663c4da04faa1891a395bf95a7d1f8deaf1dxxxxxxxxxxx
"

I have searched the TXID only to be confused that this TXID doesn't represent any of my wallet activity or transactions. I have searched online and I can't seem to find anything to suggest why I'm receiving this error. All previous transactions have been confirmed to my wallet and I have already sent Bitcoin from my wallet. I am confused and worried that something has gone wrong. Any assistance is more than appreciated. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ionicle

Activity: 34

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:50:48 PM

I assume you mean "an outpoint is already spent in", not "output", right?
ChildishG

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:51:16 PM

Same issue, blockchain wallet.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:51:41 PM

Your wallet is trying to spend from an already spent output for some reason. This is usually a bug in your wallet software. You really should stop using blockchain.info.
topsyturvy (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 03:57:04 PM

ChildishG - You have the same issue ?

My coins are held in cold storage and blockchain is used as a medium to view the addresses for balance purposes.

And it does say "output", not "input".
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:03:00 PM

I am trying to send Bitcoin from my wallet
- snip -

- snip -
stop using blockchain.info.

- snip -
My coins are held in cold storage and blockchain is used as a medium to view the addresses for balance purposes.
- snip -

Make up your mind.  Which is it?  Are you using blockchain.info as a wallet to send bitcoins?
(In which case you really should stop using blockchain.info)

Or are your coins in cold storage and you are only using blockchain.info to view the addresses for balance purposes?
(In which case you STILL should stop using blockchain.info, but ALSO need to explain how you are seeing this error if you are not sending a transaction)

topsyturvy (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:17:32 PM

Blockchain support responded:
Hello, and sorry for the inconvenience. This issue should be resolved now. Try sending again.

Checked and everything is fine. Anybody who has the same issue should open a support ticket with Blockchain.info for a resolution.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:23:40 PM

Anybody who has the same issue should open a support ticket with Blockchain.info for a resolution.

And should stop using blockchain.info.

They have a reputation for buggy software and issues.  If they suddenly shut down or have a major outage, you won't have access to your bitcoins at all (unless you are one of the very few that bother to keep a secure backup).

Consider a desktop wallet or mobile wallet instead.
topsyturvy (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:24:12 PM

Do you have any personal recommendations Danny ?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:52:35 PM

Do you have any personal recommendations Danny ?

Which are you using?

Windows? (which version)
Linux?
OSX?
iOS?
Android?

Do you send and receive transactions regularly, or just store in cold storage?

Do you do most of your transactions from home/office/etc where you'd have access to a computer, or do you do most of your transactions while you're out at a bar/restaurant/store/etc where you'd need to use a mobile phone?

Do you want to participate in enforcing the consensus rules?  Do you want to participate in distributing the blockchain?

Asking for a recommendation without any info is a bit like asking what vehicle would be best for me without knowing where I live, what my commute is like, how big my family is, and what I do for a career and hobby.  Do I need a big car? small one? truck? 2 seats? 7 seats? bicycle?

Everyone's situation is unique and there are a variety of wallets for a variety of personal situations.  Blockchain.info is fine (and VERY convenient) for very small amounts of bitcoin that you want to be able to access from BOTH a computer AND a mobile device simultaneously. Just expect there to be frequent issues and be prepared to permanently lose whatever you have there.  Have most of your bitcoins somewhere else so you can quickly access bitcoins even when blockchain.info is having one of their many problems.

I typically keep about $20 or so worth of bitcoins on blockchain.info.  I use it to pay friends (or receive payments from friends) when we split a lunch or dinner bill.

Think about your non-bitcoin money...

Do you store ALL of your money in one place?  Most people have some cash in their wallet in their pocket.  Some more cash stored safely at home (that they can use to re-load their wallet without needing to go to the bank).  Some money stored in an account at the bank.  Some money invested long term for retirement.

Why would you store all your bitcoins in one place (unless you have VERY little bitcoins).  The bitcoins that you want to spend while you are out of the house today (if any) should be on your mobile device.  Then your computer at home (or some paper wallets at home) can store what you'd use to reload your wallet on a daily or weekly basis as needed.  Then paper wallets in a secure location (Safe, saftey deposit box, etc) can hold your long term savings.  You may even want a little bit of cash and bitcoins stored on an exchange where you can quickly buy or sell if you see a market opportunity.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: