Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:59:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex  (Read 629 times)
parames3010 (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:54:46 PM

how legit is poloniex?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:57:55 PM

how legit is poloniex?

Polionex is one of the bigger more established exchanges but never trust any exchange no matter how big.

Dont leave large amounts just sitting there just encase they get hacked or go tits up.

raoulsergia

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:00:24 PM

how legit is poloniex?

Polionex is one of the bigger more established exchanges but never trust any exchange no matter how big.

Dont leave large amounts just sitting there just encase they get hacked or go tits up.

This. Ive always had good luck on Polo, they really are one of the better sites around. Atleast the support is awesome and helps you out incase something terrible happens
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:03:09 PM

Pretty legit.

They had a hack back in 2014, but they paid all the users back.

As always be cautious, and don't keep lots of coins on exchanges. They shouldn't be used as wallets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
iamTom123

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:06:49 PM

Pretty legit. They had a hack back in 2014, but they paid all the users back. As always be cautious, and don't keep lots of coins on exchanges. They shouldn't be used as wallets.

I always love companies who are so willing to protect their customers as the main source of revenues. Poloniex has been tried and tested to be true to their words plus they got a good people as support too. I am now a member of Poloneix and hopefully I can be able to do trading soon in some nice cryptocurrencies. However, as always, we have to be careful in dealing with exchanges and not get complacent. Smiley
coinporch

Activity: 1036
Merit: 252

Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 12:35:53 AM

how legit is poloniex?

poloniex is good exchanges for cryptocurrencies
this have a good reputation too..
and as i know this exchanges doesn't accept all cryptocurrencies,, they only accept a good coin  Wink

zippidy

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 01:37:13 AM

Poloniex has a serious problem with lag which can cause you to lose money on their margin trading as well as regular buying and selling.

What will happen is you'll try to close your margin position, or sell your coins, and you'll just get a spinning loading circle gif forever. Meanwhile, all your money is getting lost as the market moves.

Numerous people complain about this yet people still use Polo. I'm officially done using them after losing money for the last time.

BEWARE!
malcovixeffect

Activity: 714
Merit: 266

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

Poloniex has a serious problem with lag which can cause you to lose money on their margin trading as well as regular buying and selling.

What will happen is you'll try to close your margin position, or sell your coins, and you'll just get a spinning loading circle gif forever. Meanwhile, all your money is getting lost as the market moves.

Numerous people complain about this yet people still use Polo. I'm officially done using them after losing money for the last time.

BEWARE!

Blame the bots for causing the lag. i am pretty surprised that their servers can keep up with the traffic happening especially when most of the volumes go up.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:42:08 AM

BEWARE!

Blame the bots for causing the lag. i am pretty surprised that their servers can keep up with the traffic happening especially when most of the volumes go up.
I don't think the root cause of the lag really matters from a customer's perspective, especially if it happens over long periods of time as it has on poloinex.

At the end of the day customers want to be able to quickly trade and get into and out of positions. If you cannot get out of a position then you should not trade there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: