Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:48:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: http://ripplescam.org/  (Read 6433 times)
Stampbit (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:44:31 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2013, 03:57:12 AM by Stampbit

I found this linked in someones signature, its brings up some valid points, but maybe the pre-mine is necessary for a concept like ripple. I sure hope it isnt a scam, that would irreparably hurt the image of decentralized exchanges.

http://ripplescam.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stampbit (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:08:53 PM

Judging from last years investment scam, all it takes is a really good PR machine to make alot of money.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:25:26 PM

The arguments seems to be very logical and I hope nobody will loose very much.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
Stampbit (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 03:57:53 AM

We have to remember why 80% of email traffic is spam, its just too profitable not to.
joanofarc

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:27:27 AM

It's probably not fair to call it a scam. I trust the developers believe in the idea.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:45:09 AM

I think it's been fairly conclusive that Ripple is a closed source scam 'currency'.
Stampbit (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 02:18:32 AM

I wonder why there isnt more debate about this.
danyy

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:03:06 AM

yeah i tiink is an scam, i dont know how the people are spending BTC on it, soon there will be worthless

Bro

Activity: 218

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:24:09 AM

you can't prove that it's not a scam
danyy

Activity: 145

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:34:58 AM

and the price will drop in the next massive giveaway. sell them before its too late

Alex Zee

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 08:40:26 AM

yeah i tiink is an scam, i dont know how the people are spending BTC on it, soon there will be worthless

Oh, hi, danyy. You've been  banned on two forums, but I see you're still here.
I am sure, not for long.

BTC Monitor - systray price ticker
RipTalk.org - new Ripple forum
BitcoinFlush

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

No longer satoshipoker.org - Can't change avatar

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 08:47:44 AM

I believe Ripple will be a big player in the near future

Let's color the MOON: Y1Dxt2kmHoRRWPBEeKv9rzCfcA7EvrWv82
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 08:57:32 AM

There isn't a lot of debate because a lot of people here have been paid off. (there are a lot of accounts in this forum that advocate a centralized closed source pre-mined coin/network, as long as they are in on it)

I have voiced the same complaints about ripple but no one really listens.

A question I have asked many times, but never answered is how many ripples have the core team sold for Bitcoin?? No one ever gives me a answer. I think the friends and core development team are actively selling ripples for Bitcoin. 1 Developer alone was granted a billion ripples. I really want to know how many have exchanged these ripples for Bitcoins.

If none of the developers have exchanged ripples for Bitcoin then the whole thing will be a lot less scam like.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:12:23 AM

There isn't a lot of debate because a lot of people here have been paid off.

There isn't a lot of debate, because there is nothing to debate.

There are people who are envious of somebody else's money, so they hate Ripple.
That's what it boils down to. And no amount of arguments will change their closed mind.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:22:14 AM

From http://ripplescam.org:

Every cryptocurrency is subject to a 51% attack.

It's a wrong statement. No need to read further, coz the site content is obviously biased.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:31:16 AM

There isn't a lot of debate because a lot of people here have been paid off.

There isn't a lot of debate, because there is nothing to debate.

There are people who are envious of somebody else's money, so they hate Ripple.
That's what it boils down to. And no amount of arguments will change their closed mind.

Even if ripple is not a scam coin, people should sill be educated that ripple is pre-mine to a worse extent than any other coin in history, and when they hand over a Bitcoin for some ripples they really need to know how worthless those ripples really are.
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:35:41 AM

You really have no idea who this guys are, what they've done, or why do you?

1. These are P2P veterans, long term members of this site, and guy who built the foundations for what bitcoin is.

2. They've built the reference implementation (code base) for BitCoin 2.0. Moving all the transaction data and rules for BitCoin to the Ripple codebase will make everything about using BTC better, faster, and cheaper. And have no doubt they will release the server code open source. It's in their trust model for the entire P2P system. The highest level of trust is "I built the server from source".

3. They don't want XRP to be the next "coin". They want Ripple to be the next PayPal and MtGox combined. They built for scale and for speed. The code is brilliant. Buying XRP will NEVER be a get rich quick scheme for speculators. But that is pretty much the point. Sure you can try to use it as a "store of value" but that's not what its for. That's what BitCoins are for.

Ripple will make BitCoins better. Easier and faster to use. It's servers cheaper to run. Make the data that needs to be stored smaller.

And it will increase BitCoin's accessibility. People will BE ABLE to buy/sell BitCoins in every neighborhood corner store. Now, you just have to come up with a REASON for people to WANT BitCoins.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:40:12 AM

A question I have asked many times, but never answered is how many ripples have the core team sold for Bitcoin??

http://riptalk.org/index.php?topic=36.0

drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:46:58 AM

You really have no idea who this guys are, what they've done, or why do you?

1. These are P2P veterans, long term members of this site, and guy who built the foundations for what bitcoin is.

2. They've built the reference implementation (code base) for BitCoin 2.0. Moving all the transaction data and rules for BitCoin to the Ripple codebase will make everything about using BTC better, faster, and cheaper. And have no doubt they will release the server code open source. It's in their trust model for the entire P2P system. The highest level of trust is "I built the server from source".

3. They don't want XRP to be the next "coin". They want Ripple to be the next PayPal and MtGox combined. They built for scale and for speed. The code is brilliant. Buying XRP will NEVER be a get rich quick scheme for speculators. But that is pretty much the point. Sure you can try to use it as a "store of value" but that's not what its for. That's what BitCoins are for.

Ripple will make BitCoins better. Easier and faster to use. It's servers cheaper to run. Make the data that needs to be stored smaller.

And it will increase BitCoin's accessibility. People will BE ABLE to buy/sell BitCoins in every neighborhood corner store. Now, you just have to come up with a REASON for people to WANT BitCoins.

Hey its all good i'm just raising awareness. Smiley

All I know is that the founder of Gox is behind ripple and that the ripple company is backed by venture capital. They seem like shady people that have made no effort to open source the entire network. They conveniently release ripples and allow for a exchange of ripples for Bitcoin even before their network is up and ready.

Also they have stated they intend to fund their company and development by selling their stash of ripples (XRP), so in that way it is a store of value.

Just smells bad.

Gox is shady and so is ripple, let them prove that they are not.

Open source the network already.
Alex Zee

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2013, 09:56:02 AM

Open source the network already.

That's another thing I don't understand. Why are you so anxious for them to open the source ASAP?

They opened most of it and gave damn good reasons not to open the server yet. So what's your hurry?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: