Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 05:18:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It could be worse than this SegWit/Unlimited cold war ..!  (Read 403 times)
yogg (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 07:56:49 AM

You want to hear about something worse than what's happening recently ?
What if ... Satoshi's lurking from far, notices something and starts to dump his 1M BTC ? That'd start some insane chaos. (yayh cheap coins !)

Bitcoin will go through. What doesn't kill it makes it stronger.
Ultimately, the majority will chose. We're going through exciting times guys Smiley

Anyway, when time for Bitcoin comes, I expect Satoshi to come out of his cave.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
quake313

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:58:45 AM

What if ... Satoshi's lurking from far, notices something and starts to dump his 1M BTC ? That'd start some insane chaos. (yayh cheap coins !)

Ultimately, the majority will chose. We're going through exciting times guys Smiley

I think the real "Satoshi" may be dead  Cry

I wouldn't worry about that.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:03:07 AM

dead or alive.. all thats going to happen is, if satoshi was to move his coins.. the core devs will proclaim that its some doomsday D-wave machine that has hacked the satoshi keys. and core will get pools to not accept the tx's into blocks and instead core will enable their satoshi stash prunning event.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:06:23 AM

dead or alive.. all thats going to happen is, if satoshi was to move his coins.. the core devs will proclaim that its some doomsday D-wave machine that has hacked the satoshi keys. and core will get pools to not accept the tx's into blocks and instead core will enable their satoshi stash prunning event.

Are you serious? Is that really a thing?

I say if Satoshi wants to dump his coins let him, even encourage him.. He deserves them..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:18:03 AM

I read somewhere ... oh here

There is another very good reason to use the hash-of-public-key address construction: quantum cryptography. Quantum computers are capable of breaking elliptic curve DSA (ie. given a public key, a quantum computer can very quickly find the private key), but they cannot similarly reverse hash algorithms (or rather, they can, but it would take one 280 computational steps to crack a Bitcoin address, which is still very much impractical). Thus, if your Bitcoin funds are stored in an address that you have not spent from (so the public key is unknown), they are safe against a quantum computer - at least until you try to spend them.

Source: https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/satoshis-genius-unexpected-ways-in-which-bitcoin-dodged-some-cryptographic-bullet-1382996984/

perhaps he is trading his bitcoins off-chain (person-to-person) ?

Patent1number: ****-****
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:25:05 AM

Someone posted this link about Satoshi being a guy named David Kleiman who passed away from natural causes.

https://seebitcoin.com/2016/05/everything-makes-sense-if-david-kleiman-was-satoshi-nakamoto-heres-why/

Its probably the best theory for who Satoshi is I have seen.
Andre_Goldman

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:36:12 AM

Someone posted this link about Satoshi being a guy named David Kleiman who passed away from natural causes.

https://seebitcoin.com/2016/05/everything-makes-sense-if-david-kleiman-was-satoshi-nakamoto-heres-why/

Its probably the best theory for who Satoshi is I have seen.

Btw who remember Six Degree of Separation Puzzle Game *Find Satoshi* https://findsatoshi.wordpress.com/the-facts/ ...

Is it possible to locate a man given only his photograph and first name?

... well last time the bomb exploded on Finney's neighbour ...poor Dorian.. but in the end of the day was funny thought ... Cheesy

Patent1number: ****-****
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 09:17:47 AM

Why would he? What he'll most probably do is hope for 2 blockchains at the end of this so he could have 2M BTC in the process. Theres nothing in it for him if he dumps all his BTC.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: