Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:51:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Noob help pls: How do i edit the command line/ where do i even find it?  (Read 515 times)
7dwarve (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:17:33 PM

1st-day mining (or trying too at least!) I'm using Claymore's Dual Ethereum+Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner v8.1 and I got most of it setup correctly in the config.txt but I learned that the config is ignored by the miner if there is anything in the command line. How do you edit the command line? In my log it doesn't show my correct wallet address, even though I've changed it in the config fig file. Do you edit the EthDcrMiner application? If so how? Huh  Undecided
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:27:11 PM

Welcome! If you use the file EthDcrMiner64.exe, it will use whichever settings you have included in the config.txt file

However, you'll probably want also to run the global variables that Claymore recommends, so I suggest you to create a .bat file that sets that variables and then runs the miner. Then just double-click the bat file every time you want to mine. Something like this:

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe
7dwarve (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 01:49:26 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Smiley this whole time I was running the start.bat and I was getting so frustrated. what do the global variables do and why do I need them? do I open up the new .bat that contains the files before I start mining or after and how would I make sure that the .bat is affecting the mining and working? Thanks so much! you're a life saver! Grin
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 02:52:37 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Smiley this whole time I was running the start.bat and I was getting so frustrated. what do the global variables do and why do I need them? do I open up the new .bat that contains the files before I start mining or after and how would I make sure that the .bat is affecting the mining and working? Thanks so much! you're a life saver! Grin

You are most welcome! The global variables are just optimizations for the GPUs during mining, and we should run them before running the Claymore miner every time we launch it. In my experience, everything goes ok without them too, but just in case it doesn't hurt to run them.

A .bat (batch) file is simply a list of tasks you want to run in the Windows command line in a specific order. If you create a file like the one I mentioned before in the claymore miner folder (simply open the notepad programm, paste it and save it as .bat instead of .txt) it will run the 5 optimizations and then it will run the Claymore miner. When using it, you will see a typical black window with those commands you wrote and after each one some "success!" message, and then the claymore miner will run immediately (actually, it will be less than a second before the miner starts).

Oh!! and if you paste a shortcut to the bat file on your Startup folder of Windows, the miner will run automatically when turning on the computer :-)
7dwarve (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 07:38:09 PM

Wow! thats awesome! thank you so much! Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: