Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2017, 05:18:19 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.14.2  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who likes pod miners?  (Read 15495 times)
qctechno

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:19:27 PM

I'd stick with using a header.
The general public being what they are you just know someone would try to power the pod using a USB jack if it has one...

I second that, at least a header pad/hole behind the USB jack if you go for it. Tongue

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 09:29:07 PM

Not enough room for both. It's an either/or. This thing is already super busy.

Selling seconds 2Pacs for a friend's med bills - PM for details
Currently in development - 20-120GH USB stick; 700GH 75W pod; 4TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
in2tactics

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 11:25:27 PM

Sounds like things are going well. Not that it matters at this point, but I like the USB A option.

Active... 2x AntMiner S7-LN and 5x AntMiner U1
Collecting Dust... 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Coin Interests... BTC, LTC, DOGE
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:10:03 PM

Hopefully that image is visible.

So I've verified that all the hashing parts of the current version board still work, which is good because I moved basically everything around.

In the front left corner you can see holes for a 4-position header. That's where 5V comes out to power a Pi, and it'll be replaced with some kind of USB jack.

You can also see the empty pads for the 8-SOIC where the microcontroller would go if I hadn't bypassed it on this one. That guy would control fan speed and automatically power-cycle the chips if the string locks up or overheats.

Free space on the board is getting pretty tight so it'll be fun figuring out the last few tweaks. All the jacks and such are final positions, and the board is final size, so this is a decent representation of the form-factor. The future Bitfury pod will be mechanically compatible.

I'll be sending a few out to established resellers and my coders as samples, working up about a dozen more that'll probably be for sale on here in a few weeks. Whenever I have time, things are pretty backed up here.

But that's the present state of things.

Currently in development - 20-120GH USB stick; 700GH 75W pod; 4TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
leowonderful

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 12:54:11 AM

Image isn't visible, but thanks for trying (I assume that is a pic of the miner?). Better having a lot on the miner and effort than the low-quality crap most big miner manufacturers put out nowadays. I like the heat failsafe, hopefully it actually works unlike some Antminers that don't stop the miner above the set temperature 50% of the time  Smiley

The link is here for all of you guys that want to view it: (http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu202/sidehack128/Terminus_R808_V0_2.jpg
Still doesn't work for some reason, saying you need to upgrade your account for third party viewing. Maybe it's just me?

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:09:41 AM

Weird, it was never a problem before. Including four months ago when I started this thread. Had that account for the better part of a decade, rarely gets used, but my upload at the shop is low enough that if I host photos on my own server they don't load right on here half the time. Guess I'll go back to doing that. Grumble grumble free service grumble grumble.

The temp sensor on this miner is right in the center of the board, underneath the heatsink with the chips, so it should read more accurately than, say, the S5 temp sensor. The cutoff is also imiplemented in microcontroller firmware on the board, certainly more failure-proof than a check box on a cgi webconfig jumping through various loops to an OS interfacing with half a dozen hardware something-or-others.

Vertikar

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:46:57 AM

The link is here for all of you guys that want to view it: (http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu202/sidehack128/Terminus_R808_V0_2.jpg
Still doesn't work for some reason, saying you need to upgrade your account for third party viewing. Maybe it's just me?

The link seems to work if you copy and paste it..
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 04:26:02 AM

Photobucket has turned to shit,don't use em anymore............imgur is more stable  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
AJRGale

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 11:38:31 PM

photobucket wants you to pay $499/year to share photos to 3rd parties/hotlink them.

Because of this, 85% of the forums/internet now have "please upgrade your account for 3rd party hosting" image.
to bad if they were images from 15 years ago, that person may not be alive to "upgrade your account"

which really help a lot when you need images to show what screw/bolt/wire you need to budge

upload the image to here, or use imgur... till they sell out like photobucket.. I don't think Sarah and Alan (both owners of imgur) will drop their baby, but money dose change minds..
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 08:17:36 AM

postimg.org is also a good free site I've used for years. You can either open an account and manage your images or just upload and get a link with no account. Clean interface without intrusive ads.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.