Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:07:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CHBTC.COM HALTS WITHDRAWALS –BEWARE DON'T DEPOSIT–  (Read 811 times)
dalovar (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:10:26 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 05:42:46 PM by dalovar

I want to raise a red flag on CHBTC with this post as my experience with them has been horrible.

I have Ethereum stuck in CHBTC for over a week now, I'm getting all sorts of requirements and excuses that don't let me withdraw any of my ETH. It seems that others have Bitcoin and Ethereum stuck for over a month now. In February 9, they announced that they would halt withdrawals for a month. In a week and a half from now it will be 2 months.

The interface for withdrawals isn't working. This is what is happening:

1st.  As soon as I click withdrawal I receive a prompt that says that they will call me before authorizing the withdrawal

2nd. Then when I type in the amounts and address I want to withdraw to I have to request an SMS AND type in my Authy code (2FA).
            The problem is that the button to request SMS authentication codes isn't working, the submit button to withdraw is also inactive.

3rd. The Ethereum price vs Yen (CNY) is way below the international price on this exchange.
            I'm guessing this is because Yen withdrawals are working and people are cashing out this way since withdrawing cryptocurrency isn't possible.

4th. Calling their numbers isn't working. They recently updated their number to a new one. None of them are working.
            The customer support via email has told me that the withdrawals are suspended until there is an "announcement".
            They haven't given me a date for the announcement and they haven't responded any of my emails after this response.

I am not Chinese I just happened to have some Ethereum for arbitrage here. This exact same signs began to happen before Mtgox went down. I warn anyone out there reading this DO NOT DEPOSIT YOUR COINS to any Chinese exchange. The hostility and uncertainty that the Chinese government has created around this industry combined with the subpar service that these exchange offer make me believe that if there is going to be an Mtgox event soon, it's going to come from China.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dalovar (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:39:31 PM

BUMP
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:18:21 PM

Thank you for the heads up regarding this but it seems that you are the only one who is using the site for trading because even me, I have not heard about this site before and just reading it now. I hope you are able to withdraw your fund from the site and as also a note of warning to always patronise only sites that have proven themselves worthy over the years.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:07:57 PM

all china exchanger, and major exchanger is not recomended trade in there
because until now still investigation from PBOC and thern withdraw still not normal
if you want trade in china exchanger must wait PBOC clear and with statement withdraw all china exchanger open, and china exchanger clean without problem
dalovar (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:06:07 AM

There isn't an ETA of the PBOC announcement. And I shouldn't wait in the first place, I'm an international customer not Chinese and not bound by PBOC regulations. This is quite outrageous
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: