Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:06:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: *New User* *Discord Marketplace*  (Read 471 times)
WhiteMarket (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 07:52:41 PM

*Disclaimer* I don't care how much rep you've got. What I do care about is trust. If you think I'm giving you a $800 phone at half the price isn't good enough and you want me to SHIP it to you before I even receive payment, you can go ahead and exit this thread. If you're reasonably sane and want to help a new user build up some rep and a good 1on1 relationship, I can always send you requested photos, videos or whatever you want of the item as long as I receive the payment first. I am aware of how cautious you will be around me because that I'm a new user and all, but I want to first prove to you guys that I'm legit and want to go somewhere on this forum so, if you may, please give me a chance. tl;dr I don't care how much rep you have, I'm not sending you anything headfirst. *End of disclaimer*

I've recently started a marketplace on Discord. The reason I've started it is to help people out by giving them the best deals I can obtain on certain products.
I, of course, have my sources and I'm sure it won't be long until others discover them. So, while they're still getting slept on, I feel I should start selling as soon as I can.
Anyways, I suppose you'd want me to shut up and see some examples of the kind of stuff I sell.
My shop contains but is not limited to:

Apple - Macbook Pro - 2016, 15" - Touch Bar - Space Grey - BTC3.05. Selling@: BTC2.25
Apple - iPhone 6 - 128GB - Space Grey - Unlocked - BTC0.87. Selling@: BTC0.43
Steam Account - BTC 1.27 worth of games. Selling@: BTC0.42
Apple - iPad Mini 3 - 64GB - Comes with Apple Smart Cover 'Navy Leather.' - BTC0.42. Selling@: BTC0.34
Nintendo - Nintendo Switch - Neon - 32GB - BTC0.36. Selling@: BTC0.26

Also, please do keep in mind that, for a little fee (usually BTC 0.015 or so), I'll ship products to myself, for my own personal inspection before I send it off to you so you can always have my guarantee. Additionally, I ENCOURAGE you to challenge me to find you a deal on a certain product; I always enjoy a challenge.
If you would like the Discord invite link, just PM me.
Happy shopping!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 10:20:27 PM

You mention that you won't send first but you make no mention of whether or not you would accept a trusted escrow for the transaction.
I'd be interested if you could clarify on that.
You said you won't be comfortable sending any goods without receiving payment, many others won't feel comfortable with sending payment without using an escrow...
WhiteMarket (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:00:13 PM

You mention that you won't send first but you make no mention of whether or not you would accept a trusted escrow for the transaction.
I'd be interested if you could clarify on that.
You said you won't be comfortable sending any goods without receiving payment, many others won't feel comfortable with sending payment without using an escrow...

Sorry I didn't mention anything about escrow, because I'm quite new here and don't know how it works on this site.
If you would be willing to explain, that'd be just amazing.
Also, keep in mind, I'm selling a wide range of items, not just the ones you see on display.

Thanks, I guess.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:00:50 PM

Sure. No problem at all.
The way escrow work is as follows. Both members involved in the sale mutually agree on another forum member who would act as the escrow.
The buyer would then send the payment to the escrow and once the escrow receives the funds, the seller then ships the item to the buyer. Once the buyer receives the goods, the escrow released the funds to the seller.
In other words, the escrow acts as a middle man protecting both the buyer and seller by ensuring they both get their part of the agreed deal. 
WhiteMarket (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 02:49:40 PM

Ooh. That's cool. Only one problem with it:
Before I ship the item to you, I need to buy the item myself. And there's really no way I can pay for the item with no funds. I also, as mentioned in my post, will not be sending you anything headfirst.
Maybe, ask me for something reasonably cheap, so if you're convinced I scam, you wouldn't lose much. Then, send the funds to the wallet I provide, after confirming the funds I will buy & ship the item with you. It is understandable if you're not willing to do so because I'm a new member and not even trust and whatever, but as of now that's the only method I will use because it's the only one that succesfully works. With escrow, the escrow will infinitely hold the money because the item will never arrive because I will not have any money to buy the item in the first place.
AT101ET
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:44:40 PM

Well if that's the case then I doubt you'd be able to make any sales here. Nobody will be prepared to risk any BTC with you considering your lack of credibility. The fact that you don't have the items but would only be ordering them from elsewhere using the funds given to you would only make buyers more sceptical. In general buyers tend to go for items that the seller has in hand.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:50:13 AM

Well if that's the case then I doubt you'd be able to make any sales here. Nobody will be prepared to risk any BTC with you considering your lack of credibility. The fact that you don't have the items but would only be ordering them from elsewhere using the funds given to you would only make buyers more sceptical. In general buyers tend to go for items that the seller has in hand.

This right here. If he was willing to go first I'd likely take a Switch but there's no way I'd pay someone in advance when they're new here and I have a great reputation, have been around 4 years, etc. That's an asinine request.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
btrash

Activity: 25

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:38:39 AM

LOL - Newbie with cash upfront on ridiculous deals
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: