Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:37:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: small fee makes transactions faster  (Read 5084 times)
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:29:06 PM

For me no fee doesnt make the transaction faster or reverse i think it just take time making a confirmation in the transactions.
Maybe it depend in what bitcoin wallet you are using and there system the transaction depend on them when it connect in blockchain.
Taking an hour receiving transactions are just normal so better just be patient.
You have mistaken, the fee that you put up on your transactions determines how fast your  bitcoins will get confirmed.
It is because the "mining fee" is a reward for people, who are confirming your transactions, obviously not for free.
You can get confirmations even very quick, but you need to spend some money for that, because last months, the commision for miners is pretty high.

For example, you may put up 0.002 fee on 0.3 transaction ( one input ), which will result that the money sent by you are going to be confirmed very fast.
I recommend you using https://bitcoinfees.21.co/ website.

Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:42:47 PM

It also seems that if your Bitcoin address has several deposits, it takes a higher fees to cosolidate and send to another address. There are apparently a few reasons why fees can be larger. Regardless, the fees aren't huge yet, but they seem to be getting bigger.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:38:50 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 02:15:37 AM by andrei56

used 0.0001 fee a couple of days ago and it took quite a while, but it went through eventually, confirmed the next day (don't know exactly how many hours, but I had made payment the day before morning, and was confirmed the next morning). Very cheap in my opinion.
But as from now one will use mainly 0.001, don't mind paying up to a buck per transaction if it goes faster, although still haven't measured the speed compared to the smaller fee
Using that small of a fee will make your transaction to take forever to get confirmed, but if that is what you can afford or if you refuse to get on the train of the ever raising fees that the miners seems to want to put us through then good for you.
not forever but few days, or the network will reject it for you and give you chance to increase the fee, bitcoin is now expensive.
It was hyperbole, but I get your point, if we don’t have any rush for our transaction to be confirmed by the miners then we can add a minimum fee and be happy when it goes through but if wee want fast confirmation because we need the money to arrive at its destination as fast as possible then a good fee is necessary for that.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:44:38 PM

why bitcoin transfer fee when most people give it in large quantities, but it will slow down the transaction itself, rather than using a bitcoin transfer fee sathosi 1000 it could be?

What is your opinion with bitcoin transfer with a large fee?

*facepalm*Is this real ? I feel bad even replying. Why are you saying things like this ?You are almost a full member and you say things like this ? What you are saying is the same as saying that if I put more fuel in my car i will go further because its lighter....

Much logic.
Harry Callahan

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:18:15 PM

It also seems that if your Bitcoin address has several deposits, it takes a higher fees to cosolidate and send to another address. There are apparently a few reasons why fees can be larger. Regardless, the fees aren't huge yet, but they seem to be getting bigger.
The fees are getting larger without any doubt and with the increase in fees micro transactions are not possible with bitcoin and if the trend continues like this there will be a time when the transactions fees will be so huge that it will drive people away from bitcoin and you need to have a solution to counter the problem.
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:18:53 PM

The fees are getting larger without any doubt and with the increase in fees micro transactions are not possible with bitcoin and if the trend continues like this there will be a time when the transactions fees will be so huge that it will drive people away from bitcoin and you need to have a solution to counter the problem.

More people are now using bitcoin, and with that many transactions are made everyday. As we all know the price are really high and small amount transactions are inevitable. But it always make a traffic in the network, so it is better to send a bitcoin with multiple receivers so the traffic can be minimized. I think it is goid if we can avoid transacting small amounts.
BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:31:32 PM

For me no fee doesnt make the transaction faster or reverse i think it just take time making a confirmation in the transactions.
Maybe it depend in what bitcoin wallet you are using and there system the transaction depend on them when it connect in blockchain.
Taking an hour receiving transactions are just normal so better just be patient.

Well it is true that there is no fee that makes the transaction faster, it is fast as it is but the problem is the confirmation time.  You know, people who make transaction, "bid" so that miners will pick their transaction first to be confirmed.  Now there is where fee comes in.  Higher fee will  attract miners to accept your transaction to be included on the mined block.

Definitely this is wrong.

And an hour of receiving transaction is not normal, transaction is instant and even confirmation should not go beyond an hour to be confirmed.
klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:56:49 PM

Yes, if fees go high and higher than for smaller transactions people may find some other potential alt-coins because there is no meaning in providing such a high prices for smaller amounts. But if you're sending big amounts then still current fees are not that high. Bitcoins are no more suitable for micro transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: