Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chickening?  (Read 2274 times)
monsanto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:44:48 PM

Could we be witnessing the beginning of The Flippening Chickening? Litecoin already sitting on a $350 million market cap.  If things go sour with BTC/BTU then litecoin could offer the most similar alternative that is waiting for development.  I mean this thing was at $48 once as I recall. How ironic would it be if everyone's favorite punching bag LTC eventually ended up with the #1 market cap.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:31:16 PM

Last thursday of that kind has been the 9th of july 2015, and the whole show lasted for weeks. Preceding weeks for building up - something we are missing here?
This will not even come close to 25 $ as been the level following ATH of 2013.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:49:57 PM

Could we be witnessing the beginning of The Flippening Chickening? Litecoin already sitting on a $350 million market cap.  If things go sour with BTC/BTU then litecoin could offer the most similar alternative that is waiting for development.  I mean this thing was at $48 once as I recall. How ironic would it be if everyone's favorite punching bag LTC eventually ended up with the #1 market cap.

It will become the silver to Bitcoin's gold, so at most 1/5 of Bitcoin's market. Probably top out at 1/10 or roughly $100.

Don't be late.
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:01:34 PM

BTC Community has been conflicted and not fixed a issue, that has been going on for a year.

It would Serve them right , if LTC became Gold, and Doge Silver and BTC just became Rust.    Wink

Cool
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:42:18 PM

I quite like litecoin the name, I really think changing the name this far in would be pointless.

I do agree however that it really could come swooping in as a major contender to bitcoin, it's already on it's way to adding segregated witness which bitcoin has been stuck arguing over for a long time, litecoin could be the light at the end of the tunnel.
sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:48:04 AM

Litecoin is just a good lab, that's all
JariKriting

Activity: 994
Merit: 518

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Gamem

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 11:32:27 AM

I think if litecoin segwit success and without problem
litecoin price can incraese high to 0.05 - 0.1 bitcoin/litecoin, but not extreme incraese same DASH, litecoin price incraese is slowly

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
wdc4693

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:47:48 PM

It will become the silver to Bitcoin's gold, so at most 1/5 of Bitcoin's market. Probably top out at 1/10 or roughly $100.

Don't be late.

According to your other posts you have turned your back on LTC now?
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 05:40:38 PM

I don't see Litecoin surpassing Bitcoin in marketcap, Litecoin development is based on copying new features on Bitcoin and when Bitcoin stall who is going to actually develop Litecoin
dannon

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:42:25 PM

I doubt it. LTC doesn't do much besides be a test ground for Bitcoin. It's not used any where

Sad Sad Anyone else sick of trying to join signature campaigns and being denied after you have worn their signature for a week? Sad Sad
Instamined

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 07:53:44 PM

I think we will see the big rise after segwit confirms in another 2+ weeks but until then I don't think large whales are willing to buy up the huge sell walls with the risk that segwit could be blocked.

We've seen a huge rise but there might be more consolidation in the near future.

Most of the volume behind today's rise seems more like fomo.

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:08:12 PM

I think if the developers can wake up to their responsibility and build on SegWit success because SW is going to allow second layer applications to be built on the platform, LTC may go toe to toe with Ethereum for number 2 on coin marketcap but can't succeed unless something out of this world happens
monsanto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:39:31 PM

I think if the developers can wake up to their responsibility and build on SegWit success because SW is going to allow second layer applications to be built on the platform, LTC may go toe to toe with Ethereum for number 2 on coin marketcap but can't succeed unless something out of this world happens

You could be right about segwit.  It is starting to look like an old chicken can learn new tricks after all...

https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:59:55 PM

I am still not convinced by Litecoin bull run. It seems miners can easily manipulate the price with their actions and this will cause the price to go up or down drastically. I notice that Litecoin price will always go sideway or downwards after a big pump before another pump brings the coin to a newer coin. Now its price is increasing and I believe that price will not go up for a while.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:33:06 PM

I am still not convinced by Litecoin bull run. It seems miners can easily manipulate the price with their actions and this will cause the price to go up or down drastically. I notice that Litecoin price will always go sideway or downwards after a big pump before another pump brings the coin to a newer coin. Now its price is increasing and I believe that price will not go up for a while.

ok so you mean you sold already  Roll Eyes

i take the chinese miners agree to coblee's plan as a sign they've gone long (after weeks of openly admitting shorts). so guess they'll keep it pumping.
plus plenty of news upcoming to back continued rise eg coinbase listing, segwit getting across the line, etc etc etc.

sandiman

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:24:32 PM

ok so you mean you sold already  Roll Eyes

i take the chinese miners agree to coblee's plan as a sign they've gone long (after weeks of openly admitting shorts). so guess they'll keep it pumping.
plus plenty of news upcoming to back continued rise eg coinbase listing, segwit getting across the line, etc etc etc.

Price variation is money earning, not news  Wink
Robben123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:38:14 PM

I'm sitting and hodling ... Lol
Don't care about price manipulation or anything. Will go up in the future for sure.
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:24:52 PM

selfMod thread?

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
monsanto (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:54:39 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2017, 11:13:38 PM by monsanto

selfMod thread?

Looks like a forum mod deleted some of my, and others, posts about litecoin.  Strange, I'm not shilling for litecoin, just was honestly curious what the future might hold (for all I know LTC price will crash into the ground again).  I don't think the posts needed to be deleted but I guess it is out of my hands.  Huh
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:40:40 PM

Litecoin development is based on copying new features on Bitcoin and when Bitcoin stall who is going to actually develop Litecoin

not any more. more and more developers say they'll be rolling stuff out on litecoin that they can't with bitcoin. and when segwit is running there'll be more interesting stuff that develops from there.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: