Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Has the hard fork happened?  (Read 1253 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:29:55 AM

Even with 51% of total hash power of the network BU miners will have to produce blocks larger than 1MB and the majority of nodes will have to validate those blocks for up to 2 weeks I imagine to successfully perform a hard fork but they won't do it why? answer is really simple, exchanges won't trade and list that second coin even if it has the majority of hash power behind it unless they show BU the green light there will be no hard fork.
If they manage to reach 51% they will surely get a lot of donations and offers from wealthy investors that will allow them to persuade the owners of some exchanges to list their coin.
This is how it works in capitalism, money can open every door it's just the matter of digits. That said I think they won't reach even 51% with their falling support. No fork this time folks Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
QIAOHEAN

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:16:29 AM

:)In a word, no one can predict the future, although there is a big possibility will be split ends
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:13:15 AM

Ok as a btc hodler i read many topics about the fork
So i want to know is the hard fork gonne happen ore is bu dead meat?
So that we Dont need to worry about it

for now look like BU is doomed to fail, the manority of the vote are undecided and are not in either segwit or BU, likely we will remain with current situation for a long time

you don't need to worry about this, at best BU will be an altcoin listed on exchange with a lower value than bitcoin, pretty much like eth and etc or zcash and zcash classic

Even with 51% of total hash power of the network BU miners will have to produce blocks larger than 1MB and the majority of nodes will have to validate those blocks for up to 2 weeks I imagine to successfully perform a hard fork but they won't do it why? answer is really simple, exchanges won't trade and list that second coin even if it has the majority of hash power behind it unless they show BU the green light there will be no hard fork.
If they manage to reach 51% they will surely get a lot of donations and offers from wealthy investors that will allow them to persuade the owners of some exchanges to list their coin.
This is how it works in capitalism, money can open every door it's just the matter of digits. That said I think they won't reach even 51% with their falling support. No fork this time folks Wink

no because that would kill bitcoin effectively, and destroy the business of those exchange, if bitcoin is at risk i'm sure the exchange won't fall for any corruption

miners aren't stupid they won't do any 51% either, they know it can lead to nothing but less profit for them, because the value would suffer from this action
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 08:23:49 PM

This is quite sad, this only show who is the boss LOL.  So it is not the miner, nor the developers but indeed the exchanges! The consensus of the miners weighs nothing if the exchanges says otherwise. And, the way you said it, all the effort of BU will be in vain because at the end it is the exchanges who will decide what is good for Bitcoin.  Funny isn't it?  This made me think what are BU fighting for?
The role of the users of bitcoin has been minimized on the discussion but at the end of the day we are the ones that decide, if there is a fork and everyone keeps using the original bitcoin then the forked coin will be doomed to failure, it will not matter that most miners backed up the fork, the average user at the end has the last word.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 09:35:00 PM

The role of the users of bitcoin has been minimized on the discussion but at the end of the day we are the ones that decide, if there is a fork and everyone keeps using the original bitcoin then the forked coin will be doomed to failure, it will not matter that most miners backed up the fork, the average user at the end has the last word.

As long as the community stands behind core, BU will be nothing more than an empty fork (empty as in near zero community support). It will then be one of the hundreds of altcoins that there are -- nothing special. That's why it's important to keep supporting core, and thus prevent entities with their poisonous ideology from taking over Bitcoin as we know it. Sure, SegWit isn't a perfect solution, but it will for the coming 1-2 years be a more than capable solution. After that we'll need to evaluate the situation again, but that's not a direct concern.
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:38:53 PM

Is there any platform or site, where we can really see the live stats of voting for BU so that we know where we are heading now ? Will it be only BTC or BTU will take over ?

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
Seansky

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:20:35 AM

For now at the time this post was posted no hard forks has ever happened on bitcoin. I wouldn't say that there wouldn't be a hardfork in the future but I can say that the possible hardfork that will happen in the future will not be BU but im not 100% sure about this statement. It will not be because it is not that clear yet as of now whether it will win against core or not at all but there is a chance that of will be so I won't say that I'm 100% sure to what I have said.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: