Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FORTUNE] The clock is ticking on Bitcoin  (Read 10824 times)
Desu

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 05:34:37 AM

Writers, sometimes its hard to tell if It's Fiction or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
charliesheen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2011, 08:28:20 AM

This is inaccurate. You use Tor. You enter the address. You enter your login and password. It's not some double hopscotch know the secret code game. As for me I would rather have people actually using bitcoin to buy regulated substances than using it to speculate with. Half this forum wants bitcoin to be a get rich quick scheme rather than a viable means of exchange.

A non regular computer hobbyist would find the steps you listed to be double hopscotch know the secret code game.

Nescio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 12:36:37 PM

But for the sake of brevity, the way I phrased it was:  No one I know has used Silk Road.

With a side dish of hyperbole: "It's blatantly misleading to imply that ANYONE uses Bitcoin for such things." - that's like a substance abuser in denial Smiley It's obvious that at least a few people have done this, otherwise the whole thing wouldn't exist. Unless it's something like an HBGary false flag operation of course, but I doubt it (even if it is, this kind of thing is bound to happen sooner or later). 0.0000000001% would equal around 0.01 dollarcent total BTW (@15 USD/BTC).

Quote from: Bruce Wagner
The fact that people use it, is irrelevant to the fact that no one I know has ever told me they've used Silk Road.

Actually, it makes it irrelevant what you think about the number of people having used it, since if you have talked to many many people, then either many many people is much smaller than a significant enough sample, or it isn't but noone is admitting to having used Silk Road. This boils down to defending your earlier position, instead of validating it.
Nescio

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 03:07:29 PM

BTW, a good defense against Silk Road arguments would be to highlight that the majority of cash has traces of cocaine on it. Although I'm not sure they aren't working on that as we speak with Quantitative Easing..
humble

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 06:05:21 PM

We need a section of this forum entirely dedicated to Public Relations

There, we can discuss media articles about Bitcoin, identify where the biggest dangers and misconceptions lie, deconstruct these misconceptions and come up with some snappy rebuttals.

Count me in for that. I've done a lot of work in PR.
finnthecelt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 06:08:25 PM

BTW, a good defense against Silk Road arguments would be to highlight that the majority of cash has traces of cocaine on it. Although I'm not sure they aren't working on that as we speak with Quantitative Easing..

Hard currency, 95%. The Fed are enablers and should be ashamed.
humble

Activity: 91
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 07:10:05 PM

I've gone ahead and setup some new tools to help with public relations.

1) A new sub-reddit devoted to the topic.

2) A #bitcoin-PR channel on freenode.

3) Requested the creation of a new forum here that would be devoted to media monitoring and public and media relations for the Bitcoin project. Please support this idea if you feel this is needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: