Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Lending on Poloniex and other sites.  (Read 551 times)
Atij (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

poker player

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:40:40 AM

Tell me please where it is possible to put bitcoin on lending besides poloniex and bitfinex?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:57:45 AM

Tell me please where it is possible to put bitcoin on lending besides poloniex and bitfinex?

I'm personally against P2P lending on the bitcoin world unless It's done on the forums, the other sites tend to ask you for linking your Social media account, Github, PayPal, Coinbase accounts, In addition to providing ID, proof of income etc...

I know they are trying to reduce the risks of lenders being scammed but this is not working because anyone could buy those accounts online and link them, documents can also be bought and faked so If you don't really want to get scammed, I don't suggest using them.

If you still insist though, then: https://bitlendingclub.com/ or https://www.bitbond.com/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Atij (OP)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

poker player

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:18:51 PM

i know about bitbond and bitlending.

also i think that it is wrong to compare lending for margin trade and 2p2 lending.

ThatRandom8543

Activity: 1330
Merit: 307

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 12:32:59 PM

I'm personally against P2P lending on the bitcoin world unless It's done on the forums, the other sites tend to ask you for linking your Social media account, Github, PayPal, Coinbase accounts, In addition to providing ID, proof of income etc...

I know they are trying to reduce the risks of lenders being scammed but this is not working because anyone could buy those accounts online and link them, documents can also be bought and faked so If you don't really want to get scammed, I don't suggest using them.

If you still insist though, then: https://bitlendingclub.com/ or https://www.bitbond.com/

I agree. Its now pointless to ask for IDs and other documents. Thats what have happened on btcjam. People would submit fake documents and once they default, it been shown that btcjam failed to really validate the user, and who knows what other sites are doing to validate and verify such information once the lenders are given the borrower information. There are ways to improve such services but thats a different story and probably never will be done due to it being time consuming.

To OP, if you are serious about lending, you can try what Omega told you. You could also try here, but I would suggest that you make sure to read the stickies and have a understanding of risk you are taking, what you can do to reduce the risk, etc. Due to your status, make sure you use an trusted escrow here to secure any collateral.

Good luck
Coinster

Activity: 222
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:27:23 PM

I think you're right about people buying accounts, but I don't think that's useless to guard against scams. It depends on the type of account. Higher quality accounts (very long history, etc) probably are not on the market by some users for any price. If that's combined with other factors like proper ID etc. this can give a clue to a person's trustworthiness. Our entire business model is based on this. We believe a majority of people are not scammers, so we only need to weed out the few bad ones that come by.

To put our model to the test I'll soon be making a post for small loans which hopefully the community finds helpful.  Smiley

I agree. Its now pointless to ask for IDs and other documents. Thats what have happened on btcjam. People would submit fake documents and once they default, it been shown that btcjam failed to really validate the user, and who knows what other sites are doing to validate and verify such information once the lenders are given the borrower information. There are ways to improve such services but thats a different story and probably never will be done due to it being time consuming.

Properly validating users is exactly what we plan to do! Smiley

There may be ways to reduce the time required.
very_452001

Activity: 1056
Merit: 270

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:56:57 PM

I also like to know about lending on Poloniex. Is it safe to lend btc there or easy for borrowers to default there?
Hatcher

Activity: 369
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:07:25 PM

It's pretty good, but they make no guarantees against defaults. So there is some risk involved.
Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:13:43 AM

Well outside those two exchange i doubt you will be able to lend your coins with safety, sure you can give a try here at the forum, but there are always some risks while dealing here, ask for colateral and you will have no problem.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: