Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:01:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptopia Exchange Safe and Legit?  (Read 49756 times)
luckytimes (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 10:42:44 PM

Hi. I have been browsing coinmarketcap and see some good looking coins that are listed on Cryptopia. But, are they safe to use? I am in the United States and wonder if they follow all of the regulations and rules? Just wondering if anyone in the USA has any experience bitcoin trading on this exchanger? Thanks Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 11:08:10 PM

I don't use it. If you do, be very cautious. There is exactly a 0% chance of them having the credentials you ask about, though

luckytimes (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:23:03 PM

Thanks for the reply. So, do people in the United States use this exchanger and it's all legit? I am just confused on how this all works. I use bittrex and polo so far Smiley I know they are reputable. What is a good reputable exchanger that has a lot of cheap coins listed? I like investing into coins when they are very low priced.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 09:05:58 PM

You can follow their thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1669443.0
I'm not use them yet, I'm still in watching, but sooner I will use their service. Looks like their developer active on this forum, but I can't say it's legit.

Seems like they have already do a regulation: cryptopia limited.
ETCethereum

Activity: 451
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 07:10:36 AM

cryptopia is good exchange and safe exchange in there
iam ussualy selling new altcoin in there if only accepted coin in cryptopia, good service deposit and withdraw is fast

but cryptoipa not major altcoin exchange, if compare poloniex, kraken or bittrex, still under, volume transaction is not big
didzi

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 02:19:19 AM

Hi. I have been browsing coinmarketcap and see some good looking coins that are listed on Cryptopia. But, are they safe to use? I am in the United States and wonder if they follow all of the regulations and rules? Just wondering if anyone in the USA has any experience bitcoin trading on this exchanger? Thanks Smiley

until now , cryptopia is safe and good,, but we don't know what will happend in the future,,  Wink

mylabs01

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:27:58 AM

cryptopia is safe to use. just enable its 2FA. you can choose from having a pin code or google authenticator. i advise to choose google authenticator.. it is safe to use. just be careful in trading, there are so many shitcoins in that site.

have a good day mate.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
PDATA
TOKEN
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
H
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:07:47 AM

until now , cryptopia is safe and good,, but we don't know what will happend in the future,,  Wink

Yes. I have used cryptopia and the graphics are good and user friendly. I would also suggest to look out for https://yo-ex.com/. A new exchange but have good features. The speed is marvelous in yo-ex. Trusted and better.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 06:22:55 PM

i have been use cryptopia several times and i would share my experience using this exchange that my latest bitcoin and altcoin withdraw are went smoothly and i think they're trustworthy enough for me
Emoclaw

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:56:45 PM

It's legit, but not very big. Good for coins that are not listed on Poloniex, Kraken, Bittrex, Bitfinex etc.
Safe? For exchanging yes, but never store your coins on an exchange.
ice18

Activity: 2492
Merit: 542

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:45:54 AM

Crytopia is a good exchange site been using it for almost 9 months amounting almost 4 btc, All my deposit and withdrawals works fine no issues for now, many coins listed, I haven't heard any scam accusations up to now so far so good exchange site no worries on your deposit, support is very responsive according to my own experience when I got some very minor issues regarding confirmations very legit site.

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:56:45 AM

I've used them before. No issues. I agree with the post above which states not to leave coins on ANY exchange any longer than needed. Good advice.

jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:02:47 AM

I have only used cryptopia once and I never had any issue with it. Deposits are fast the same as withdrawals are processed instantly. Security is also fine but I don't like trading in it. The coins in there are not that good to trade and the volume is not at all good.
stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:31:55 AM

I have only used cryptopia once and I never had any issue with it. Deposits are fast the same as withdrawals are processed instantly. Security is also fine but I don't like trading in it. The coins in there are not that good to trade and the volume is not at all good.

The volume is not good because not enough people trade there. If more people would give them a chance and do some trading there then the volume will increase. And true, there are a ton of crap coins on there, just like with most other smaller exchanges. But there are some of the big names in there too like BTC, LTC, DOGE, DASH, Monero, and DECRED. And come on, they also have Titcoin and Sexcoin! What more can we ask for?

wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:44:01 PM

I have never heard of any big complaints about them ? That needs to worth something if you ask me.
However they have low volume compared to bigger ones, if you want to try something new and fresh try liquo they are a lot more active and have a decent coin numbers and has decent volume too.
LBX

Activity: 1025
Merit: 534

A

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 07:59:11 PM

I tell you something
Actually I've tried this site
By 3 months
I tried to deposit money and withdraw money;buy&sell 100$
The result was good

marketingtiger

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2017, 09:30:40 PM

Just used it with Dash; love it. Easy. Looking forward to using it more.

-mt

Accipe potestatem
MySeriousFaceIsOn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:06:00 AM

Cryptopia is legit - I work there as an employee, not an owner, not a shareholder, not a volunteer.

While we don't have massive volume at the moment, it's not something we're too concerned about either. We're profitable, liquid, and growing about as fast as we can without it getting uncomfortable. I'm pretty confident that our platform and customer support are both industry leading at present, I mean - you actually have to look pretty hard around these forums to find any complaints about us or our service at all.

Sorry for the necro, but I've been told to go be our presence here Smiley
Easteregg69

Activity: 1416
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:27:32 PM

If you use the chat you can be certain some moderator ego will take it as a personal insult and ban you. I hope the don't let traders do the moderating. Or "insider tip-beggars".

Still to much "ego" on that exchange. Like it's owned or something.. Don't mess with the owners or we are gonna kick your sorry ass of the chat buhu. Please hold my hat types.

And for the constant "read the rules!" comments: They make you look like loosers that don't wan't to loose again!

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
Easteregg69

Activity: 1416
Merit: 264

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:38:37 PM

The volume is not good because not enough people trade there. If more people would give them a chance and do some trading there then the volume will increase. And true, there are a ton of crap coins on there, just like with most other smaller exchanges. But there are some of the big names in there too like BTC, LTC, DOGE, DASH, Monero, and DECRED. And come on, they also have Titcoin and Sexcoin! What more can we ask for?

How about a gaycoin under your legendary badge ?

Throw some "shit" and see what sticks.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: