Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: f2pool starts signaling segwit for Litecoin. Will LTC enable segwit before BTC?  (Read 2787 times)
cellard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:33:34 PM

Just saw this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/62nuwq/f2pool_just_signalled_for_segwit/

It's actually real.

Will we get segwit for LTC soon? It only requires 75%, BTC 95%

f2pool signaling segwit made the price go up in seconds. Cant this make miners see that segwit is good and valued in the market and then we can finally get segwit?

What does this all mean for BTC?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:38:21 PM

Good news for Litecoin.

IMO this is what it should be used for; trialling new features and innovating. It can road test and iron out problems in new tech ready for Bitcoin to implement.

Although, imagine if Bitcoin becomes so stagnant that the Core devs move to Litecoin Wink

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:56:20 AM

might be a Duplicate. but atleast not censored (self-mod) by the blockstream fanboy with no C++ reading ability

lets leave Lauda's self-mod topic for the core fans to live in their cabin fever, and dream up their own stories

anyway i feel discus (f2pool) has a open pool of varied opinions from a variety of miners. so they will have a variety of flags.
though april fools may play into it.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:14:15 AM

Doesn't seem like a dupe, this thread is focused to the matter of Litecoin's segwit, and what happens if its reached, to Bitcoin.

I think it's great for Litecoin holders, I don't see how it can't go up in price, considering how all those altcoins pumped, LTC hasn't properly pumped yet.

Bitcoin miners may signal for segwit too, once they see the Litecoin beast awaken.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:23:19 AM

This is hilarious, everyone on Reddit is having a great laugh over it (cf https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/62o1ws/for_litecoin_f2pool_signaling_segwit/)

Best Bitcoin April Fools joke ever.

https://www.blocktrail.com/BTC/block/459816

:-)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
centralbanksequalsbombs

Activity: 378
Merit: 278

Bitcoin :open immutable decentralized global fair

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:14:41 AM

Doesn't seem like a dupe, this thread is focused to the matter of Litecoin's segwit, and what happens if its reached, to Bitcoin.

I think it's great for Litecoin holders, I don't see how it can't go up in price, considering how all those altcoins pumped, LTC hasn't properly pumped yet.

Bitcoin miners may signal for segwit too, once they see the Litecoin beast awaken.

Scaling would actually destroy Bitcoin's store of value so you'd see its price trend towards <$5 within years basically nothing. But it wont happen directly with bitcoin as theres a million ways for scaling to be applied indirectly to bitcoin. Anyways, nothing will happen with Bitcoin and as each month passes and as more and more alts get scaling...it will be apparent that it matters not as bitcoin will not only remain KING of cryptos but become more dominant in price/market cap. The real store of value asset.

N00Bitcoin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:46:16 AM

It may, if f2pool starts signaling segwit for bitcoin, bitcoin may have a SW first.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:18:21 AM

miners dont want segwit, or offchain scaling because they wont fees.

its time to cut them off by changing the algo
brace the mace

Activity: 37

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:24:23 AM

Great April Fool's joke from what it seems.
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:44:02 AM

On objective wear, LTC is easier to accept than BTC, it only needs a low 75% support, it's a lot lower than bitcoin, so I suppose LTC can decentralize, and LTC will deliver Grows a lot when that happens. LTC has been around for a long time, but it's not as popular with other currencies. Segwit is a good thing for LTC, it will help LTC to grow strongly in the future. I support segwit for LTC. However, it is too early to talk about that, I think we should check the accuracy of this news.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:18:47 PM

Holy smokes, Litecoin's segwit is already at more than 48 percent:

can litecoin do what bitcoin failed to? I guess its time to buy some LTC.

Ps: Pic is not photoshopped!

http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:34:53 PM

it is photoshopped because the site shows 49.31% Cheesy

but joking aside this April Fool joke and F2Pool is the hot topic of the day today. all over reddit they are talking about this, and it is not clear if they really signaled it or is it like their bitcoin signalling all the proposals at once!!

in any case i hope it is real and others join in too, we only have 25.69% to go.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Genedarner123

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:17:25 PM

dint roger ver convienced f2pools to mine BTU?
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 02:51:20 PM

but joking aside this April Fool joke and F2Pool is the hot topic of the day today. all over reddit they are talking about this, and it is not clear if they really signaled it or is it like their bitcoin signalling all the proposals at once!!

in any case i hope it is real and others join in too, we only have 25.69% to go.

I doubt miners are that stupid to play around with such a serious matter, this has to be real, at least for litecoin. Miners would see nothing but a lot of profits by activating segwit since the would explode (btw is already going up)
Sniper44

Activity: 714
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:06:01 PM

this has been great, ever since i heard the news i was buying litecoin again and now it is about 20% up and the volume seems to be picking up too.

i have been saying all month that if litecoin moves towards SegWit the price of it will go to the moon and right after we will see it activate on bitcoin and that goes to the moon too. hope some people listened at the very least.

to the moon with bitcoin...
cellard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:25:53 PM

this has been great, ever since i heard the news i was buying litecoin again and now it is about 20% up and the volume seems to be picking up too.

i have been saying all month that if litecoin moves towards SegWit the price of it will go to the moon and right after we will see it activate on bitcoin and that goes to the moon too. hope some people listened at the very least.

I hope the price rises make miners see how market majority wants segwit activated.

I think litecoin's segwit activation is real, but im not sure if tomorrow f2pool will continue with bitcoin's segwit signaling. If they are fucking stupid they should.
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:04:24 PM

Agreed, Charlie Lee wants Segwit, users want Segwit, it's good for Bitcoin to trial Segwit, it's good for miners if price is higher if Segwit activates. I think there's a lot of momentum there at the moment and it would be a shame to see that wasted. If it's an April Fool it's just going to be pretty sad, really, and might kill the mood like a Cliff Richard song.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4414

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 05:09:38 PM

Agreed, Charlie Lee wants Segwit, users want Segwit, it's good for Bitcoin to trial Segwit, it's good for miners if price is higher if Segwit activates. I think there's a lot of momentum there at the moment and it would be a shame to see that wasted. If it's an April Fool it's just going to be pretty sad, really, and might kill the mood like a Cliff Richard song.

charlie wants segwit, due to him and his bro being funded by DCG

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:01:16 PM

April fools is already over in China, the joke would be going too far if he switched off now, it would make a lot of people invested in LTC lose a lot of money. Apparently people has invested in scrypt mining gear too. If he pulls out now he's asking to get shot. Those kind of jokes have real life consequences.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:05:02 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 10:24:28 PM by iamnotback

April fools is already over in China, the joke would be going too far if he switched off now, it would make a lot of people invested in LTC lose a lot of money. Apparently people has invested in scrypt mining gear too. If he pulls out now he's asking to get shot. Those kind of jokes have real life consequences.

The economics are not a joke. This is virtually a sure thing. Anyone not buying LTC right now is going to be butthurt and have less BTC than those who did. However, SegWit signaling has stalled at 58% for the past hour or two.

The economics are such that which ever miners have a vested interest in keeping the LTC price down thus not signaling SegWit will gradually be debased within the hashrate because those who are buying up the old model A4 Scrypt miners are only profitable at this higher price. So they will signal SegWit as the supply of A4s becomes sold out.The new models which are twice as efficient are monopolized by those who want the price to go higher. This economics seems inevitable.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: