Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:57:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else buying Feathercoin?  (Read 1678 times)
Justaguy (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:23:57 AM

I just have a good feeling about Feathercoin lately.
Anyone else that shares similar emotions?
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:53:50 AM

i had all my good feelings about FTC when it was 400-500 satoshi ish and sold them happily on 1100 satoshi and made a nice amount of profit, apart from other short term trades i have been doing in FTC on bittrex Smiley

but to be honest i was holding FTC for 20K-50K price pump (and it can happen with this coin) but i decided against holding it for that long so got my profit and got out.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
badenglishtea

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:59:03 PM

Big fan of FTC. I guess I have always been.

I built up a big supply in 2015, and held most of it until the spike in 2016. Dumped at the right time.

I am not sure FTC is that special except that it has had fair distribution and still exists. In a space where there is a new ICO scam daily, I think this may be enough to make something of FTC. I recall transactions were super fast, but I guess PIVX/Dash and some other cryptos have caught up.

I just bought in @ a relatively large stake at 1k SATs. I didn't realize, but I was actually still holding a decent amount (ha just checked my wallet).

Yea, I am getting back in FTC. I just have this feeling that there is potential here (if only for someone to pump). But the craziness of the markets right now; anything is possible.

My take is decent high-risk/return bet.
Justaguy (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 08:36:09 AM

I used to mine them a lot a few years back. With the current neoscrypt algo, its one of the few coins worth mining with a gpu farm (or even with a good rig at home).

Very good returns in general!
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 09:32:17 AM

@Justaguy and @badenglishtea maybe some hard numbers for us? Development of current hashrate in comparison to remembrance of years ago, or connection count of the wallet while syncing blockchain. That could help to estimate its current acceptance out there.
The mood point is most of the trade volume originates from https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/19800/ which is market as a zero fees site, just a third originates from Bittrex at all! Small warning sign.
Justaguy (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2017, 06:28:16 PM

@Justaguy and @badenglishtea maybe some hard numbers for us? Development of current hashrate in comparison to remembrance of years ago, or connection count of the wallet while syncing blockchain. That could help to estimate its current acceptance out there.
The mood point is most of the trade volume originates from https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/19800/ which is market as a zero fees site, just a third originates from Bittrex at all! Small warning sign.

I think the volume of that exchange is to be dismissed for that reason (coinmarketcap listed it under *no fee exclusion for the past month or two- eventually they included it).

Regarding hashrate, there are lots of crypto sites out there with that info. But in general it had a huge dip upon switching algo, has a nice stable rise since then.
w@p

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:43:17 AM

Feathercoin looks like it's about to skyrocket right now. A lot of the other old coins of the 2013 bull market just had a big rise as well (infinitecoin for example). FTC looks like a decent buy..
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:35:30 PM

Yes, I am thinking of adding to my 41k position. This coin has numerous positives

1) $10m market cap and 6 cents average price, and suggests we can still get a multi bagger if the whales decide to get on board
2) Broad support for the price, see the exchanges where it is traded are both US and Chinese https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/feathercoin/#markets
3) The coin has over 1,000 transactions per day which means the coin is used, and is not a dying junk coin. https://bitinfocharts.com/feathercoin/
4) The coin had a large price pump in 2014 where the market cap was briefly $31m, This will attract value investors looking to buy an asset that may be undervalued versus a previous benchmark

In general alt coins have had a tremendous run, but feel there are still a few values in the junior coins   

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:43:16 PM

I lost all my feathers on cryptsy  Cheesy
so I hope its not going up too much
Alexeishirov

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:28:00 AM

yes am holding. FTC halving next month, so expect a pump.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:45:15 AM

Yes, holding it for the runup going into halving. Also, it is one of the coins that have not
run up so far.
Richard Branson

Activity: 515
Merit: 506

Screw It, Let's Do It

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 10:53:38 AM

Because it has 0 value.
It was a clone in 2013 and nothing special. I have some left from early mining, but there is no development.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: