Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:50:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need to Pasword Protect My Windows Mining Rig  (Read 715 times)
killerelite (OP)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:21:41 PM

Guy I want my windows pc to auto start miners on reboot but also want to password protect it so no one can stop them
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2017, 08:18:03 PM

put them somewhere no one screws with them.  Everyone knows that even if my machine was on fire to leave them alone.

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
killerelite (OP)

Activity: 205

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:11:08 AM

Well I cant do that for now ;
I need some software that asks for a password or pin on startup but still run the startup apps in the background
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:13:17 AM

Assuming you already have the computer setup with a password and autologin what you need is to lock it.  So set a scheduled task to run a couple minutes after startup to run a batch file.  The batch file runs a visual basic script.

Code:
Start cscript LockComputer.vbs

This vbs script will lock the computer.

Code:
Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
objShell.Run "%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation"

I haven't tested this but theoretically as long as you started the miner program first then it should still run on the locked workstation.
jwarren81

Activity: 211

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 03:26:15 AM

VBScript or Powershell are your best bet.  Set a login script to run that starts up your mining software, makes sure it's running, then locks the computer.  You may need to add pauses in after starting the mining software as I'm not sure if you can start up interactive applications while a computer is locked.  You would need to do some testing.
chup

Activity: 736
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 06:14:00 AM

Assuming You know how to set autologin Windows with user/pass, one bat - file in startup folder that is starting screensaver (previously set up screensaver to ask for password) and miners. Works for me.

slim87

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:03:27 PM

just create a windows service for your mining software and you don't need to login anymore at all Wink There are a couple of software out where you can convert a normal exe to a windows service (yes also with paramters)
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 07:52:00 AM

just create a windows service for your mining software and you don't need to login anymore at all Wink There are a couple of software out where you can convert a normal exe to a windows service (yes also with paramters)

Most GPU miners do not work when started as a service.

slim87

Activity: 53
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 09:02:30 AM

Claymore does pretty well, as well as sgminer. This is not a matter of which miner, its more which software u are using to create a service.
chup

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 02:40:20 PM

Claymore does pretty well, as well as sgminer. This is not a matter of which miner, its more which software u are using to create a service.

Well, what is the name of "the software for creating service", because with windows task scheduler I did not have success in creating services with GPU miners?

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 06:39:27 PM

Well, what is the name of "the software for creating service", because with windows task scheduler I did not have success in creating services with GPU miners?

Never tried this with a GPU miner but I have used this to setup a service for an exe.

https://nssm.cc/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: