Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:10:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52255 times)
TravelMug

Activity: 2618
Merit: 833

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:35:25 AM

Dealing with loss is hard to swallow specially if you lost big amount of your investment. if will impact your daily lives because its so stressful. The better way to deal with it is just totally forgot it and try to start from scratch. Because if it's always on your mind, you will be out of focus and will just think of recovering your loss.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:42:48 AM

i can deal easy with it because i only invest i can afford to loose of course i would be angry but i knew from beginning that it is a game you can loose
If you already know that you can lose, then what's the point of getting angry? Getting angry means that you can't deal with your losses. Solid traders have one target, and manages to mostly reach that target - making more winning than losing trades. If you make enough winning trades, you'll be able to catch up a losing trade without any problems.

people who think the only option is to win are not clear in mind and shouldnt risk any money. there is always a risk and people should know that.
I have noticed that a lot of the people here, mostly the ones with the lowest form of understanding of how trading works, think that trading is some sort of a joke that involves no risk. It's mind boggling to see how dumb certain people can be. If you don't know what trading is, how much experience is required to understand the complexity of analyzing the market, you are simply a yolo trader aka gamber. People aren't able to calculate the risks they expose themselves to. Only thing this will have as result is loss on top of loss, and that on top of even more losses.
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 11:06:09 AM

Dealing with loss is hard to swallow specially if you lost big amount of your investment. if will impact your daily lives because its so stressful. The better way to deal with it is just totally forgot it and try to start from scratch. Because if it's always on your mind, you will be out of focus and will just think of recovering your loss.
Getting loss and profit are common in all business, so dealing with loss is not a big matter if you know the proper business, Yup in any business sometimes we will get loss we have to manage that otherwise don't enter this kind of business. Controlling your emotions and patience is the only way to deal your loss.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 02:55:48 PM

For me there is only one way to deal with that type of lose and that is to wait for the good time and if there is still fluctuations in the altcoin in which I have invested then I start to sell and buy continuously and remain active in that days so that to grab each and every opportunity.
btcdamnit

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:30:14 PM

This is why you should not put all eggs in one basket. You diversify, somewhere you win, somewhere you lose. All you have to do is to make sure you get a plus a bit more often. If you put everything on one project and it goes bad, you lose everything. If it goes well, and you keep using same strategy, you will lose everything anyway, it's just a matter of time.

I'm not selling anymore if I'm losing, because if I sell - nothing will change, but there is a chance that something good might happen and I will be able to minimize my losses. But now I'm always prepared to lose everything I put on something, but the chances are better if this is not the only project I am involved in
YTBitcoin

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:56:21 PM

If you know that the developer of the coin is a trusted person and he is active to support his coin then it is better to wait for the high price as he will make it a best currency while if you know that the developer is a scammer then it is useless to wait for the price to rise.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:12:47 PM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?
Usually when I invest in any altoin I make in my mind that if a certain price is reached like I bought for 100 satoshi then if the value drops to 30 satoshi or less then surely the coin is just gonna get dumped and hence I sell all the coins I bought. This saves some bitcoins though if the coin climbs back again it teases like nothing else. So there is a risk, there is a reward too. Smiley
A way to play safe is to only stick with well capitalized coins, that way the liquidity will always be there and indefinite dumping wont be a case as buyers and sellers wont be lacking. So what is left is for a trader to buy at a reasonably low price and hold for price to eventually raise and then rinse and repeat to infinity.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:19:28 PM

If you know that the developer of the coin is a trusted person and he is active to support his coin then it is better to wait for the high price as he will make it a best currency while if you know that the developer is a scammer then it is useless to wait for the price to rise.

If you are suggesting or looking for altcoin developer, you can some people in the forum like lutpin, rospinal and some others. you can find the list in Service announcement section. If you are looking a firm to support you create your new coin means you check site like Cryptoclone, ethereum or cryptocoincreator. These people were best in making new altcoin.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 02:25:40 PM

For me there is only one way to deal with that type of lose and that is to wait for the good time and if there is still fluctuations in the altcoin in which I have invested then I start to sell and buy continuously and remain active in that days so that to grab each and every opportunity.

We don't have choice when we experience loss but to wait for the right time and hope that our alt coins will grow suddenly. And I don't want to make myself upset if ever I'm going to lose a lot from it because that can lead me to lose more if I don't manage my emotion to face my losing streaks. When I'm into losing streak, it's better to take some rest.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
fujyo86

Activity: 253
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 04:13:51 PM

if we had lost coin in this case may be unusual, but it should be made useful lessons for us to be more selective again to open trade coins and more thorough in analyzing the movement of coins that can be profitable
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 05:00:36 PM

Getting loss and profit are common in all business, so dealing with loss is not a big matter if you know the proper business, Yup in any business sometimes we will get loss we have to manage that otherwise don't enter this kind of business. Controlling your emotions and patience is the only way to deal your loss.

yes, it is true, if I fail and lose, of course I would really think hard, but I've been several times loss..hhaha..dan I can not easily forget the failures and losses it, but I knew there was a risk and failure in all things ... I just will be more control and regulate the right strategy, more patient, more careful and take advantage of the slightest possibility to gain an advantage, I would not give up and fall off, I will fix my carelessness, people others have different opinions about it, it depends on each person how to overcome their failures. loss is something to be avoided by the business, but it is a risk, and I think the risk very important because you will be more in control of your emotions and be careful in making a decision
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:50:07 PM

Earning with fluctuations is better to earn and you have to start it from the beginning when the drop start as after when the drop reach to bottom then it becomes very hard to get the effective income from what we invested in a falling asset.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:36:43 AM

Earning with fluctuations is better to earn and you have to start it from the beginning when the drop start as after when the drop reach to bottom then it becomes very hard to get the effective income from what we invested in a falling asset.
As quoted earning from the fluctuations is the better way, but for the same we need to be good in making the price prediction and setting of profit margin. If it is made in a perfect manner soon one can flourish in the trading of bitcoin making a stable earning.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:02:50 AM

As quoted earning from the fluctuations is the better way, but for the same we need to be good in making the price prediction and setting of profit margin. If it is made in a perfect manner soon one can flourish in the trading of bitcoin making a stable earning.
Having a stable earning is unecessary in trading since fluctuations go different directions. Also, the volume of the market might altered that would cause trader's profit or target. Althoug we put margin for our trade, it doesn't dictates succession or stable earning.
Nagadota

Activity: 574

ClaimWithMe - the most paying faucet of all times!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 07:12:25 AM

When it's about trading and you're confident with your ability, you don't really need to deal with loss because you'll still have more money.  You wouldn't have put all your eggs in one basket and you'd work on something else and succeed later.  If you can't, you shouldn't have tried in the first place.

Dem-artini

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:57:50 AM

I invest money in different currencies so as not to lose everything and I believe that bitcoin will grow very well with time and will make a big profit.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:27:44 AM

When it's about trading and you're confident with your ability, you don't really need to deal with loss because you'll still have more money.  You wouldn't have put all your eggs in one basket and you'd work on something else and succeed later.  If you can't, you shouldn't have tried in the first place.

I think your statement is not connected with the OP's example how to deal with loss.

Well ,what if you don't have enough money how would you deal on it .Confident is not enough for you to earn ,you need skills and knowledge what to do on those kinds of situation .Although you have more money you should not disregard those lose. If it continues and you always use your money if it lose that was a more bigger problem and its time for you to deal with it .
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:24:05 PM

you can't trade (or gamble) without losses
if you are trading for a long time,of course,losses are an unfortunate but inevitable part of trading
a good trader will always analyze his loss:why did it happen,what could have been done differently
so for me dealing with loss is:sit back and analyze

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
dustboy

Activity: 1022
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:38:20 PM

When I get lost on trading, I wont really care about it very much as I have prepared for it before start trading. No need to think about it further and lets try to recover it with other tradings. Losing in trading should not be a nightmare as long as you are ready to lose, but if you think that you will always get profit on tradind then losing can be the worst nightmare you never seen before.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:46:16 PM

Remember trading not always make profit, sometime you'll loss. so be smart trader. No need to get dishearten with trading on loss. Each loss should give the new courage to come back stronger in next trade.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: