Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 88 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you deal with loss?  (Read 52253 times)
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:43:12 AM

I hate this dump , I lost almost my half money from my altcoin invest, I don't have any way to get profit from this except prices will gain again.
I not withdraw my altcoin I am just waiting and waiting

Whether it's with altcoins or with Bitcoin, if the price happens to go down significantly (or ar any other amount), you don't actually lose anything if you don't sell your coins at a loss. In the same way, you don't gain anything if the price happens to go up, and you don't sell your coins above the price you bought them at. Problem with altcoins in recent days is that the majority of them are pumped up badly, and thus significantly increases the chances of these coins to go down in value hard. I am actually glad there is at least someone that isn't dumping his coins out of blind panic. May I know what coins you bought that went down badly?
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:06:56 AM

Thought loses is part of a successful trade you I do study the chart and do research to find out why an Asset is fell in price intead of appreciating? If I find out from the chart that the strongest support level has been broken and macd is showing high volume I need no body to tell me that there is a dump and the only option for me is to sell at loss.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:03:08 AM

Losses is part of trading, there is no perfect trading strategy it is the trader that will set his stop loss to a small fraction of his investment. 2% or 3% of the total investment. A good trading plan of risk to reward ratio 1:2 or more will surely be profitable  despite some losses, It is always advisable to develop a good trading plan.

Agree, losses also serves as a lesson for traders to be aware and be careful next time or next turn of trading. A good trading plan also includes your target, when and where to get out or exit from your trades, or sometimes you also have back up plans incase what will happen if the price becomes lower than expected.
If you want to learn the lessons of trading by using some of our capital, then your lifetime will not be enough to learn all the mistakes of trading along with your capital. Losses will be occurring when we are not good with our technical analysis. Learning lesson from losses will be good but we should be conscious to avoid mistakes and losses.

Dealing with losses should be performed with the high level of conscious so that we will not repeat same type of mistake from next time onward
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:10:26 AM

you have to set aside emotions when you are in trading
when you lose just move on and be positive that you will get enough profit next time enough to cover your loss
 and put in mind that next time you should be wiser
study your coin before trading....

thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:28:01 AM

So in trading how do you deal with loss? For example you've invested in an alt and now it has fallen quite hard and you're on the brink of losing all your bitcoin you invested in it.
How do you actually deal with it? Do you wait and keep on waiting in hope that it will bounce back up and return your investment or you sell and get whatever left of your investment?

I'm just ignoring it, and thinking that I could get it back into another time, because losing money or bitcoin here in the crypto world is just normal, and you could replenish the money that you have lost since I know that you are earning bitcoin per week or maybe per month, depends on what Signature Campaign you are in.

And besides, we couldn't get anything if we are going to think of our loss again and again, but it would be better if we are just going to move on.
ChronoLite

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

www.guestcrew.com

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 08:54:12 AM

I hate this dump , I lost almost my half money from my altcoin invest, I don't have any way to get profit from this except prices will gain again.
Yes me too, because lot of altcoins dumped for more than 30% so if you would like to sell it for cut loss this is not your time because there is still a chance the price recover back. I hope after August 1st, altcoin's price would be back to usual.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         
                ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓     
            ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓   
        ▓██▓▓▓▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓ 
      ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓ 
    ▓█▓▓█▓              ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓
  ░█▓▓▓░      ░░░░░▓▓▓▓█▓░░░▓▓▓▓█░
  █▓▓▓▓      ██████▓▓█▓     ░▓ ░█▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓    ░███░    ▓█▓     ▓█░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓█▓▓▓█░    ░░▓░    ▓▓     ██▓ ▓█▓▓▓▓▓
░█▓▓▓▓▓▓░      ░  ░▓    ▓█▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
  ░█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓  ░█▓▓█▓ ░▓▓▓█░
    ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░  ░▓▓░ ░▓▓▓█▓
      ▓█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓░░░░▓█▓▓█▓ 
        ▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓ 
           ▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓▓   
             ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░       
                  ░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░
GuestCrew||||||ICO Now!
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 09:15:46 AM

I'm dealing loss very hard, I'm not that type of person that can easily move on. It takes time before I will move forward. But loss is loss and there's nothing I can do but to stand up again and face infront and take time to realize that there's no way that I can do but to keep on trading. But I won't be chasing with my losses.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
bitllionaire
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:34:17 PM

I'm dealing loss very hard, I'm not that type of person that can easily move on. It takes time before I will move forward. But loss is loss and there's nothing I can do but to stand up again and face infront and take time to realize that there's no way that I can do but to keep on trading. But I won't be chasing with my losses.
i tried my best to reduce my lost. but some time when it is out of my affording limit then it make me really upset, after that i remain upset for a long time and then try to overview all my planning and strategies about trading.
magmar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 02:32:17 PM

You won't have to deal with any loss if you don't make shitty investments like throwing dice in the first place. Investing in shitcoins has a price. Drink a nice glass of cold water and swallow it with your "lose" pill. It will make you smarter next time.
That's true, you do not want to do some violent reaction if you loss, that's an attitude of a kid. If you loss just deal with is, think what's the reasons why you loss. And you will not loss if you think first before doing something. But it's okay to loss it is a part of our life and with that loss it can make us wiser and smarter the next time.
supandi wiharja

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

Earn crypto for being contacted

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 03:56:07 PM

It may be difficult for everyone to face it but we have to get up and quickly set it up and start again .. but the original rule is not to invest or trade more and must be able to regulate the emotions of our soul ..

knightmairesaint

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

privacy preserving smart contracts and beyond

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:25:44 PM

when you lose just move on and be positive that you will get enough profit next time enough to cover your loss

You are right about that but it is really easier said than done. Controlling emotions is hard when it comes to trading especially if you already know that you are going to lose. Trading is also gambling and it is not a joke, a huge amount of money is on stake, gaining profit is not guaranteed. Traders who are new in the industry make the mistake of not fully understanding what trading is. It will be an advantage and very helpful if he will be studying first and learn the basics before doing trading. Anyways, if you really want to earn through trading, it is just the first step to make, to know what trading is and how it is done.

d█████                      d███████  ,o██████
                   d█████[                    ,█████████ d████████
                   d█████[                   ,██████P'' d█████
                   d█████[                   ██████'   d█████
                   d█████[                  ,██████    d█████
  _▄▄▄████████████bd█████Y██████L     ,█████████████████████[,d▄██▄
 ▄████████████████bd█████ Y██████b   d██████████████████████fY██████
██████P"P██████"""'d█████  ` ██████.d█████ PY█████PPPPP█████[ `▀██▀
█████    `█████[   d█████   ` ███████████ ' ]█████    d█████
█████    ,█████[   d█████     Y█████████P   ]█████    d█████
██████ooo█████P    d█████      Y███████P    ]█████    d█████
 Y███████████P     d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  `"P█████P'       d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
  _oo█████oo_      d█████       d█████P     ]█████    d█████
 d███████████
██████P"Y█████
█████     █████
''''     ,█████
ooooooooo█████
█████████████
█████████▀▀

▬▬▬   is a decentralized internet
   platform delivering anonymous
   asset
transfers and data 
   privacy for smart contracts.

in
OUR SOLUTION : : :

This enables developers to include sensitive data in their
smart-contracts, directly on-chain.

██████████ █▄ 
██████████ ███▄
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████

█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN GLYFF

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
[
Hamphser

Activity: 2464
Merit: 325

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 04:44:31 PM

You are right about that but it is really easier said than done. Controlling emotions is hard when it comes to trading especially if you already know that you are going to lose. Trading is also gambling and it is not a joke, a huge amount of money is on stake, gaining profit is not guaranteed. Traders who are new in the industry make the mistake of not fully understanding what trading is. It will be an advantage and very helpful if he will be studying first and learn the basics before doing trading. Anyways, if you really want to earn through trading, it is just the first step to make, to know what trading is and how it is done.
This is true, its really an easy thing to say to someone but it would be hard to do specially when you are on this situation you will surely panic or getting upset when you do make losing trades. Its just really a normal thing for us to commit mistakes on trading since we do know theres no perfect do exist on this world and even professionals do really commit the same mistake too but on less way than on those beginners.We should really take it as a stepping stone of become a professional later on.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
yesiam6

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

1KoMmKPMG6xaWcqB8CPP3WJ8avRSVRHtP2

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:02:50 PM

i post demented wojaks on the 4chan board /biz/ to deal with loss  Cheesy

___   __    ______     
/__/\ /__/\ /_____/\   
\::\_\\  \ \\:::_ \ \   
 \:. `-\  \ \\:\ \ \ \ 
  \:. _    \ \\:\ \ \ \
   \. \`-\  \ \\:\_\ \ \
    \__\/ \__\/ \_____\/
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:13:14 PM

accepting loss and learning some lessons from that loss the right way to deal with losses in trading. But some people are not ready to accept losses that is the reason they are finding losing in trading is highly frustrating to them.

I believe they will get practice to losses over time and when they are becoming experienced traders, they can also move easily away from their losses more easily how pro traders are doing.
We should move away from our losses but we should not forget to learn lessons from that losses. When you are giving importance to find out why that loss happened then only you will not do same type of mistake so that you can prevent your losses. When we are preventing losses, we can reduce number of occurrence of losses.

All traders should focus on reducing the number of occurrence of losses so that they can find opportunities to protect their capital which must be first and more important step to make profits from trading.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
lukaexpl

Activity: 148
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 05:44:52 PM

Kill yourself!

That way only you will know about the losses, you won't burden the world with your sad stories and your failures will die with you!
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:02:59 PM

You can do anything about this even i made a loss because of this crash i still don't understand why did this even happen and can be the main reason for this dump. I asked few trader friends of mine they told me this is temporary and price will increase soon i just hope what they told me is the truth
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 10:30:29 AM

i tried my best to reduce my lost. but some time when it is out of my affording limit then it make me really upset, after that i remain upset for a long time and then try to overview all my planning and strategies about trading.

My suggestion to you, at first that will be hard. But when time is taking you will be used to it. You just need to understand that there is still another place for recovery and we have to be light and accept the fact that we lost.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
MiXxe

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 12:12:58 PM

My suggestion to you, at first that will be hard. But when time is taking you will be used to it. You just need to understand that there is still another place for recovery and we have to be light and accept the fact that we lost.
Yeah dont focus on the altcoins that let you loss profit. Find some other good altcoins that can recover your loss and you can earn profit. You need to learn and learn the money will cone after that if you dont learn how to manage trading you will only end up holding a coin.

naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:10:29 PM

If you want to learn the lessons of trading by using some of our capital, then your lifetime will not be enough to learn all the mistakes of trading along with your capital. Losses will be occurring when we are not good with our technical analysis. Learning lesson from losses will be good but we should be conscious to avoid mistakes and losses.

Dealing with losses should be performed with the high level of conscious so that we will not repeat same type of mistake from next time onward
But you should not ignore the losses which might be giving you some fine experience which will not be available anywhere else. That is the reason it should be a more precious lesson for the any trader.

I agree dealing with losses should be taken care with a high priority so that we will not repeat same mistakes. But at the same time moving away from the losses also more important because sometimes giving more priority for analysing a losses also lead to mental frustration.
Simss

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:11:56 PM

Many people are handling their losses by way of capital back ups, if you buy an alt coin and get stuck at a high price then we can buy it back at a price far below.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 88 »
  Print  

Jump to: