Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:08:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 04:30:57 AM

I just want to know how to stop the onebash?

I want to find where is the onebash startup ?

I want to custom this os to ssh os, can anybody help me ?

Deleting the oneBash file in the windows partition or the 2unix file in the home folder will do this for you. 

Also you can ssh with nvOC as it is.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:16:45 AM

I just added a fully compatible image for the:

ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS (in stock, 6x gpu (8x if you use 2x m2 adapters) all OC) Link

It also requires you to flash the bios (but you can do this via the internet) with this motherboard it can be done by connecting an Ethernet cable and entering the EZ Flash 3 Utility. 
Select DHCP (unless all your devices are manually configured  Smiley ) and download then install the update. 

It should look like this. 

After updating ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios. 

The SHA256 hash (for the zip) is:
edf1d67a539e6e56f4ddc1e44df582dd91726fc95905af00212c034421338b1c

Note: you must use 2x m2 adapters to use 8x GPUs with this motherboard.

You can thank rabbitr32 for wanting to try this motherboard.

It is the best $/supported_GPU Motherboard I have tested.  M2 adapters might be hard to find right now.

rabbitr32

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 07:53:52 AM

I just added a fully compatible image for the:

ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS (in stock, 6x gpu (8x if you use 2x m2 adapters) all OC) Link

It also requires you to flash the bios (but you can do this via the internet) with this motherboard it can be done by connecting an Ethernet cable and entering the EZ Flash 3 Utility. 
Select DHCP (unless all your devices are manually configured  Smiley ) and download then install the update. 

It should look like this. 

After updating ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios. 

The SHA256 hash (for the zip) is:
edf1d67a539e6e56f4ddc1e44df582dd91726fc95905af00212c034421338b1c

Note: you must use 2x m2 adapters to use 8x GPUs with this motherboard.

You can thank rabbitr32 for wanting to try this motherboard.

It is the best $/supported_GPU Motherboard I have tested.  M2 adapters might be hard to find right now.

THANKYOU!!! the board is on its way with 10x m.2 to pcie adapters. will test with latest bios and get back review here. good news!!
bentcrypto

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:01:50 AM

Hi fullzero, when do you estimate this image to be available?

Your lucky and Newegg shipped this one to me from NJ so I might get it by tonight.  

If I do I will make an image for it tonight; if it comes tomorrow I will make one tomorrow night.
You're a legend mate Cheesy

It didn't come today, should be tomorrow.

No worries whenever you're free, a couple of my parts didnt make it before the weekend here.

How long does it normally take nvoc to boot?

Also on the Jaxx note, Jaxx is having issues with ZEC Doge and a couple others, personally just switched to exodus for the time being

Yeah the problem was on Jaxx end...I can see the ZEC in my wallet now.

Best not to use Jaxx for mining anyway :

bentcrypto

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:09:22 AM

@fullzero.....Is it possible to mine Skein with nvOC?
badboyilprimo

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2017, 05:28:50 PM

Any idea which image to use for Asrock 970 Extreme , im using it now with simplemining OS with AMD gpu's

but i just started to build an Nvidia Rig and i would like to test the cards first

1 - Which image is suitable ?
2 - Linux Newbie Question here but if its plug and play how i can add the pool and the Wallet id to the miner ?

Thanks in advance

Edit the onebash file with any text editor
I'm using an Asrock z97 extreme 6 with the image for MSi z170

Thanks for the reply , after doing that i got it up and running but getting "Share Rejected"

i didnt change anything on the bash file regarding the OC

Is the pool server you are using geographically close to you?

Yes im already using it with (simplemining OS)
eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444

and im not getting any Hash's at all as well
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 05:34:33 PM

First of all @fullzero - this is great and you rock! I have been using Ethos for my AMD rig/s for about a year so I've been waiting for something like this for my Nvidia rig - as I said in a post on one of the 1st pages in this thread. I really don't like Windows and always prefer a Linux option if possible. My Linux skills are basic so I am always super grateful when people like you come along and create something like nvOC to make it easy for me to get the Linux stability, etc.

My Nividia rig is currently an Asrock H81 BTC Pro running Windows 8.1 off an SSD, with 2 x Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 gaming and 2 x Galax GTX1060 6GB. I run Claymore (now up to 9.4), and use MSI Afterburner for overclocking. I currently prefer to "single" mine just ETH. I have found that I can underclock all cores to -200 and overclock memory to +750 and reach around 107mh/s for the 4 GPUs, using about 600W for the whole rig. Running all stock clocks gets me around 99-100mh/s.

Unfortunately with my first sucessful run of nvOC it appears that my desired overclocks didn't apply because it was hashing at the stock amount of aroun 99mhs. Here is the relevant (I think) part of my onebash file:

COIN="ETH"

POWERLIMIT="NO"              # YES NO

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"       # YES NO

MANUAL_FAN="NO"              # YES NO

# Set fan speed if MANUAL_FAN="YES"
FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                   # YES NO

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=100

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=100

Have I done something incorrectly? My intention was to leave cores at stock frequency (though later I would try reducing them as I do using Windows/Afterburner) and overclock memory to +750 on all cards, which as I said in windows seems to reliably give me 107-108mh/s.
As I said, using the above oneBash entries - it mines fine, but at around 99mh/s so it appears that the overclocks to memory aren't applying. I will keep reading all the thread posts (I have only covered about 1/3 of them and maybe I will find the answer.

Thank you in advance for any help. I am prepared to donate or pay when you are ready to accept payment - just drop in a BTC or ETH address.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
viperman2

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 08:50:04 PM

Hi, overclocking is just not working, either the script is corrupted or some driver version issue.
Both "individual" and "all-cards" are not getting pointed clock settings.

I'm using the image for Z270.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 09:55:15 PM

Hi, overclocking is just not working, either the script is corrupted or some driver version issue.

What GPUs are you running? Overclocking working fine for my 7 Zotac 1070 Minis with Z270F, getting 430 sols at 120-125 watts.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:27:05 PM

To everyone who posted today:

I had a lot of work I had to get done today; and turned off forum notifications so I could focus.

@fullzero.....Is it possible to mine Skein with nvOC?

I don't do the best job of tracking every coin, and I haven't mined Skein myself. 

If it uses an algorithm supported by ccminer then you should be able to mine it with nvOC.  It most likely has a specific fork which performs better.  If you find me the link to the clients repo and tell me what pool you want to / do use to mine skein, then I can add the client and modify oneBash for the next version.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:31:38 PM

Any idea which image to use for Asrock 970 Extreme , im using it now with simplemining OS with AMD gpu's

but i just started to build an Nvidia Rig and i would like to test the cards first

2 - Linux Newbie Question here but if its plug and play how i can add the pool and the Wallet id to the miner ?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply , after doing that i got it up and running but getting "Share Rejected"

ethermine uses a different syntax than other pools which is most likely your problem.  I made a YES / NO switch in the newest oneBash to deal with this problem.

On the OP at the top there is a link to the newest oneBash (on your rig you can open firefox and click the OP link) if you download, configure it with your info ensuring:

ETHERMINEdotORG="YES"

then replace the existing oneBash in the windows partition; you should be ale to mine with ethermine.

Let me know if you have any questions.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:41:26 PM

First of all @fullzero - this is great and you rock! I have been using Ethos for my AMD rig/s for about a year so I've been waiting for something like this for my Nvidia rig - as I said in a post on one of the 1st pages in this thread. I really don't like Windows and always prefer a Linux option if possible. My Linux skills are basic so I am always super grateful when people like you come along and create something like nvOC to make it easy for me to get the Linux stability, etc.

My Nividia rig is currently an Asrock H81 BTC Pro running Windows 8.1 off an SSD, with 2 x Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 gaming and 2 x Galax GTX1060 6GB. I run Claymore (now up to 9.4), and use MSI Afterburner for overclocking. I currently prefer to "single" mine just ETH. I have found that I can underclock all cores to -200 and overclock memory to +750 and reach around 107mh/s for the 4 GPUs, using about 600W for the whole rig. Running all stock clocks gets me around 99-100mh/s.

Unfortunately with my first sucessful run of nvOC it appears that my desired overclocks didn't apply because it was hashing at the stock amount of aroun 99mhs. Here is the relevant (I think) part of my onebash file:

COIN="ETH"

POWERLIMIT="NO"              # YES NO

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"       # YES NO

MANUAL_FAN="NO"              # YES NO

# Set fan speed if MANUAL_FAN="YES"
FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                   # YES NO

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=100

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=100

Have I done something incorrectly? My intention was to leave cores at stock frequency (though later I would try reducing them as I do using Windows/Afterburner) and overclock memory to +750 on all cards, which as I said in windows seems to reliably give me 107-108mh/s.
As I said, using the above oneBash entries - it mines fine, but at around 99mh/s so it appears that the overclocks to memory aren't applying. I will keep reading all the thread posts (I have only covered about 1/3 of them and maybe I will find the answer.

Thank you in advance for any help. I am prepared to donate or pay when you are ready to accept payment - just drop in a BTC or ETH address.

Glad you like nvOC.  Smiley

When oneBash starts do you see messages like this:

for each card?

If you want to apply the same OC to all the cards then change this area to:

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK=0
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=750

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"       # YES NO

If you want to give different OC values to different cards do the following:

make sure:  INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"       # YES NO

When using less than the maximum number of cards with a motherboard, the system may not index the cards in the order you expect.  To see how they are indexed:

press f12 to open the guake terminal.  If you are running cpuminer right click over the terminal and select new tab or press ctrl + c to stop the mining process.  Then type:

nvidia-smi

This will list your cards with index numbers.  Use them to match the card with the correct individual index OC area:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=100

Let me know.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2017, 11:45:22 PM

It is always possible to have a bad image.  To minimize the occurance of this always wait a few seconds after imaging indicates 100% before closing the imaging program, and always ensure you eject the usb before removing it from the build computer.

Which z270 image are you using?  What motherboard and cards are you using?

Let me know.
badboyilprimo

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 01:11:55 AM

Thanks in advance

ethermine uses a different syntax than other pools which is most likely your problem.  I made a YES / NO switch in the newest oneBash to deal with this problem.

On the OP at the top there is a link to the newest oneBash (on your rig you can open firefox and click the OP link) if you download, configure it with your info ensuring:

ETHERMINEdotORG="YES"

then replace the existing oneBash in the windows partition; you should be ale to mine with ethermine.

does the apply to ETC on ethermine as well ?

What do you think is the most suitable image to use with Asrock 970 Extreme 4 / its an old mb

Thanks alot for the effort and the time you have put into this
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:37:28 AM

Thanks in advance

ETHERMINEdotORG="YES"

does the apply to ETC on ethermine as well ?

What do you think is the most suitable image to use with Asrock 970 Extreme 4 / its an old mb

Thanks alot for the effort and the time you have put into this

Glad you like nvOC.   Smiley

I will implement the ETHERMINEdotORG switch to work for ETC as well; currently it only works for ETH: I wasn't aware they also had an ETC pool.

I will post after I have updated the newest oneBash link.  Will not be until tomorrow sometime; I need to sleep.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7764

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 03:46:43 AM

Will pm on Sunday tired now it is late.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
bentcrypto

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:14:21 AM

I don't do the best job of tracking every coin, and I haven't mined Skein myself. 

If it uses an algorithm supported by ccminer then you should be able to mine it with nvOC.  It most likely has a specific fork which performs better.  If you find me the link to the clients repo and tell me what pool you want to / do use to mine skein, then I can add the client and modify oneBash for the next version.

In windows I use the alexis78 version from nemo's miner and I mine at Z-pool : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.0

My batfile looks like this :
Code:
 ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u BTC ADDDRESS -p c=BTC 

https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer

Skein is paying really well atm...$23/1080ti/day

citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:09:46 AM

In windows I use the alexis78 version from nemo's miner and I mine at Z-pool : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1777336.0

My batfile looks like this :
Code:
 ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u BTC ADDDRESS -p c=BTC 

https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer

Skein is paying really well atm...$23/1080ti/day

that 1080ti beats a S9 any day

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
LTCbusiness

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:24:27 AM

Guys, I have a question regarding the VGA, yesterday I moved my rig to the new location and assemble it again, but stupid me I somehow put the usb riser for the 7th card like this

https://i.imgur.com/xaRw3nll.jpg

The small port of usb riser was connected to the wrong port on MOBO, when the wide port of riser connect to nothing.

And then I boot the rig with nvOC, of course it only recognize 6 cards, I checked and saw what I did and I immediately shut down the rig and put the usb riser in the correct port. However from that time my rig can not recognize that specific GPU. I tried to:
- Unplug all others GPU and use only that GPU but the window or linux can not recognize it
- Install driver but it does not help too.
- I plug the HDMI cable from the monitor to the gpu, but it does not help.
- Plug the gpu to another working rig, but it does not help.

The GPU fan and led is still running as normal, there is no smell. But I wonder if I accidentally shorted my card? Sadly it seems the warranty will be voided if the card is fried or shorted.

I know it is not related to nvOc, but I see people here very responsive to any questions, so I really appreciate your help.

The card is Galax 1080ti 11GB
peonv

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:37:18 AM

@fullzero

I haven't had time to play much with it yet, will report later.

- I added DGB to onebash (ccminer -a skein). I don't know if the OC works (fan speed is not fixed even if defined), if need to launch instances, or if SPccminer is slow, I get a higher hashrate with this ccminer version for now (https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer).
Could you add this miner or the fastest skein version (alexis maybe)? And the DGB coin option.
You might want to look into skein for your Nv  Wink

- You might want to launch onebash inside a screen to monitor it remotely.
(https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/manual/screen.html)
and a ssh server (disabled by default)

- Maybe Enable automatic security updates

- I got a module error trying to upgrade (kernel)
- I will try to put it on SSD as upgrading is slow

@bentcrypto
Did you get the best results for skein with Alexis?
Do you mine DGB directly with it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: