Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:08:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:54:28 PM

I don't do the best job of tracking every coin, and I haven't mined Skein myself. 

If it uses an algorithm supported by ccminer then you should be able to mine it with nvOC.  It most likely has a specific fork which performs better.  If you find me the link to the clients repo and tell me what pool you want to / do use to mine skein, then I can add the client and modify oneBash for the next version.

In windows I use the alexis78 version from nemo's miner and I mine at Z-pool

My batfile looks like this :
Code:
 ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u BTC ADDDRESS -p c=BTC 

https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer

Skein is paying really well atm...$23/1080ti/day

that 1080ti beats a S9 any day

@fullzero

I haven't had time to play much with it yet, will report later.

- I added DGB to onebash (ccminer -a skein). I don't know if the OC works (fan speed is not fixed even if defined), if need to launch instances, or if SPccminer is slow, I get a higher hashrate with this ccminer version for now (https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer).
Could you add this miner or the fastest skein version (alexis maybe)? And the DGB coin option.
You might want to look into skein for your Nv  Wink

- You might want to launch onebash inside a screen to monitor it remotely.
(https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/manual/screen.html)
and a ssh server (disabled by default)

- Maybe Enable automatic security updates

- I got a module error trying to upgrade (kernel)
- I will try to put it on SSD as upgrading is slow

@bentcrypto
Did you get the best results for skein with Alexis?
Do you mine DGB directly with it?

I updated the newest oneBash link on the OP.  It now supports both ETHERMINEdotORG for ETC as well as ETH and I added a DGB coin selection.

I used your pool / options  bentcrypto:  for a DGB address you are actually using a BTC address with zpool.

peonv I tested both the SP and TP forks with DGB and I agree the TP is faster so it is what I set oneBash to use.

I didn't enable updates as they will slow down mining, I have and plan to continute to update nvOC frequently.  I download and install updates for each version.  The last image I made already has:

disabled password lockout
thread number selection option for cpuminer-opt
added screen and openssh-server

I will add the alexis fork to the next version (which will be soon)

In regards to using vanilla methods to update the system; they may not work due to changes I have made.  nvOC is a full install, but has system files for all common chipsets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:59:51 PM

Guys, I have a question regarding the VGA, yesterday I moved my rig to the new location and assemble it again, but stupid me I somehow put the usb riser for the 7th card like this

The small port of usb riser was connected to the wrong port on MOBO, when the wide port of riser connect to nothing.

And then I boot the rig with nvOC, of course it only recognize 6 cards, I checked and saw what I did and I immediately shut down the rig and put the usb riser in the correct port. However from that time my rig can not recognize that specific GPU. I tried to:
- Unplug all others GPU and use only that GPU but the window or linux can not recognize it
- Install driver but it does not help too.
- I plug the HDMI cable from the monitor to the gpu, but it does not help.
- Plug the gpu to another working rig, but it does not help.

The GPU fan and led is still running as normal, there is no smell. But I wonder if I accidentally shorted my card? Sadly it seems the warranty will be voided if the card is fried or shorted.

I know it is not related to nvOc, but I see people here very responsive to any questions, so I really appreciate your help.

The card is Galax 1080ti 11GB

Sucks when things like this happen. 

Your card may still be able to be RMAed. 

Thanks for warning others to ensure pcie connectors are correct before powering on: you are not the first person to do this.

On the plus side it looks like you are using a custom frame.

CryptoMinerToday

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:39:26 PM

Is it possible to enable API?  I'm trying to setup a remote monitoring system but am having trouble figuring out how to enable the API. New to Linux here so please forgive me if this is a very basic Linux solution.
LTCbusiness

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

Guys, I have a question regarding the VGA, yesterday I moved my rig to the new location and assemble it again, but stupid me I somehow put the usb riser for the 7th card like this

https://i.imgur.com/xaRw3nll.jpg

The small port of usb riser was connected to the wrong port on MOBO, when the wide port of riser connect to nothing.

And then I boot the rig with nvOC, of course it only recognize 6 cards, I checked and saw what I did and I immediately shut down the rig and put the usb riser in the correct port. However from that time my rig can not recognize that specific GPU. I tried to:
- Unplug all others GPU and use only that GPU but the window or linux can not recognize it
- Install driver but it does not help too.
- I plug the HDMI cable from the monitor to the gpu, but it does not help.
- Plug the gpu to another working rig, but it does not help.

The GPU fan and led is still running as normal, there is no smell. But I wonder if I accidentally shorted my card? Sadly it seems the warranty will be voided if the card is fried or shorted.

I know it is not related to nvOc, but I see people here very responsive to any questions, so I really appreciate your help.

The card is Galax 1080ti 11GB

Sucks when things like this happen.  

Your card may still be able to be RMAed.  

Thanks for warning others to ensure pcie connectors are correct before powering on: you are not the first person to do this.

On the plus side it looks like you are using a custom frame.

Ya, that is the wooden shoes shelf I bought from the super market, take about some hours to customize it to use as a rig, but it is pretty good and time killing job.

I will bring the card to the retailer tomorrow to see if it can be RMA, I hope they are ok with it. At first I thought the usb 3.0 only transfer the data, the power riser cable will handle the electricity, but I was so wrong, lol.
badboyilprimo

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

I don't do the best job of tracking every coin, and I haven't mined Skein myself. 

If it uses an algorithm supported by ccminer then you should be able to mine it with nvOC.  It most likely has a specific fork which performs better.  If you find me the link to the clients repo and tell me what pool you want to / do use to mine skein, then I can add the client and modify oneBash for the next version.

In windows I use the alexis78 version from nemo's miner and I mine at Z-pool

My batfile looks like this :
Code:
 ccminerAlexis78.exe -r 0 -a skein -o stratum+tcp://skein.mine.zpool.ca:4933 -u BTC ADDDRESS -p c=BTC 

https://github.com/alexis78/ccminer

Skein is paying really well atm...$23/1080ti/day

that 1080ti beats a S9 any day

@fullzero

I haven't had time to play much with it yet, will report later.

- I added DGB to onebash (ccminer -a skein). I don't know if the OC works (fan speed is not fixed even if defined), if need to launch instances, or if SPccminer is slow, I get a higher hashrate with this ccminer version for now (https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer).
Could you add this miner or the fastest skein version (alexis maybe)? And the DGB coin option.
You might want to look into skein for your Nv  Wink

- You might want to launch onebash inside a screen to monitor it remotely.
(https://www.gnu.org/software/screen/manual/screen.html)
and a ssh server (disabled by default)

- Maybe Enable automatic security updates

- I got a module error trying to upgrade (kernel)
- I will try to put it on SSD as upgrading is slow

@bentcrypto
Did you get the best results for skein with Alexis?
Do you mine DGB directly with it?

I updated the newest oneBash link on the OP.  It now supports both ETHERMINEdotORG for ETC as well as ETH and I added a DGB coin selection.

I used your pool / options  bentcrypto:  for a DGB address you are actually using a BTC address with zpool.

peonv I tested both the SP and TP forks with DGB and I agree the TP is faster so it is what I set oneBash to use.

I didn't enable updates as they will slow down mining, I have and plan to continute to update nvOC frequently.  I download and install updates for each version.  The last image I made already has:

disabled password lockout
thread number selection option for cpuminer-opt
added screen and openssh-server

I will add the alexis fork to the next version (which will be soon)

In regards to using vanilla methods to update the system; they may not work due to changes I have made.  nvOC is a full install, but has system files for all common chipsets.

This is the error im getting after just enabling the ETC mine and its options
Code:
/media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash: line 876: ETCADDR: command not found
/home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64: /usr/local/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64)

����������������������������������������������������������������ͻ
�      Claymore's Dual ETH + DCR/SC/LBC/PASC GPU Miner v9.0      �
����������������������������������������������������������������ͼ

This pool (eu1-etc.ethermine.org) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.This pool (eu1-etc.ethermine.org) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
However, you can mine on this pool if you specify "-allpools 1" option, default pools (different from this pool) will be used for devfee.
Please read "Readme" file for details.Pool eu1-etc.ethermine.org removed from the list

and this is after addingg "-allpools 1"
Code:
/home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64: /usr/local/cuda/lib64/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64)

ETH: 1 pool is specified
Main Ethereum pool is eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444
AMD OpenCL platform not found

Driver 368.81 is recommended for best performance and compatibility
Be careful with overclocking, use default clocks for first tests
Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools
CUDA initializing...

NVIDIA Cards available: 1
CUDA Driver Version/Runtime Version: 8.0/8.0
GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6071 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1

Total cards: 1
ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1-etc.ethermine.org' <0.0.0.0> port 4444
ETH: Stratum - Connected (eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444)
ETH: Share rejected!
ETH: Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...
ETHEREUM-ONLY MINING MODE ENABLED (-mode 1)
ETH: eth-proxy stratum mode
"-allpools" option is set, default pools can be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled
Remote management (READ-ONLY MODE) is enabled on port 3333

Thanks in advance
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:24:00 PM

Is it possible to enable API?  I'm trying to setup a remote monitoring system but am having trouble figuring out how to enable the API. New to Linux here so please forgive me if this is a very basic Linux solution.

in the ZEC section of oneBash apx line 811:

if [ $COIN == "ZEC" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/zec/miner'
ZECADDR="$ZEC_ADDRESS.$ZEC_WORKER"
until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT;
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

change this line:

until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT;

to:

until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT --api;

this will for the EWBF default: 127.0.0.1:42000,

to make it for a different listen address use:

until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT --api 0.0.0.0:12345;

where: 0.0.0.0:12345 is desiredIP:desiredPort

IMO the EWBF api is not the greatest; but the client is very stable so api is not really very important. 

If you are not very knowledgeable with linux or in general with networking I would recommend using a pool that gives you stats / notifications as well:

nanopool.org or slushpool.com will do this.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:25:45 PM

Code:

This pool (eu1-etc.ethermine.org) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
Please read "Readme" file for details.This pool (eu1-etc.ethermine.org) does not support Ethereum addresses as login (or requires worker name in "Login.Worker" format) and cannot be used for devfee mining, therefore it is not supported.
Please read "Readme" file for details.Pool eu1-etc.ethermine.org removed from the list

Code:

Press "s" for current statistics, "0".."9" to turn on/off cards, "r" to reload pools
CUDA initializing...

GPU #0: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 6071 MB available, 10 compute units, capability: 6.1

"-allpools" option is set, default pools can be used for devfee, check "Readme" file for details.
Watchdog enabled

Thanks in advance

Sorry about that, I should have tested the ETC coin choices after I modified them; I had left a space in each ... Fail on my part.

I have updated the newest oneBash link and it should work now.

CryptoMinerToday

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 04:32:44 PM

in the ZEC section of oneBash apx line 811:

if [ $COIN == "ZEC" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/zec/miner'
ZECADDR="$ZEC_ADDRESS.$ZEC_WORKER"
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

change this line:

to:

until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT --api;

this will for the EWBF default: 127.0.0.1:42000,

to make it for a different listen address use:

until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEC_POOL --user $ZECADDR --pass z --port $ZEC_PORT --api 0.0.0.0:12345;

where: 0.0.0.0:12345 is desiredIP:desiredPort

IMO the EWBF api is not the greatest; but the client is very stable so api is not really very important. 

If you are not very knowledgeable with linux or in general with networking I would recommend using a pool that gives you stats / notifications as well:

nanopool.org or slushpool.com will do this.

AWESOME!!!! Thank you so much!!!
badboyilprimo

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 04:59:07 PM

Code:

Code:

CUDA initializing...

Watchdog enabled

Thanks in advance

Sorry about that, I should have tested the ETC coin choices after I modified them; I had left a space in each ... Fail on my part.

Just Updated it and tried and still there is another error
Code:

CUDA initializing...

ETH: Stratum - connecting to 'eu1-etc.ethermine.org' <37.187.56.197> port 4444
Watchdog enabled

ETH: Authorized
Setting DAG epoch #128...
Reloading epools.txt
ETH: Connection lost, retry in 20 sec...
Reloading epools.txt
Reloading epools.txt
Setting DAG epoch #128 for GPU #0
Create GPU buffer for GPU #0
GPU 0 DAG creation time - 8686 ms
Setting DAG epoch #128 for GPU #0 done
GPU0 t=54C fan=34%
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 05:38:15 PM

Code:

Code:

CUDA initializing...

Watchdog enabled

Thanks in advance

Code:

CUDA initializing...

Watchdog enabled

Reloading epools.txt
Reloading epools.txt
Reloading epools.txt
GPU0 t=54C fan=34%

I just tested it with your pool:  eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444

worked for me

this error:

will always occur unless I change a link: it is irrelevant.

I am guessing you added:

-allpools 1

as an argument when calling Claymore

this is likely the problem.  It is not needed for ETC, and perhaps (if this is indeed what you changed) makes it not work.

badboyilprimo

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 05:49:17 PM

Code:

Code:

CUDA initializing...

Watchdog enabled

Thanks in advance

Code:

CUDA initializing...

Watchdog enabled

Reloading epools.txt
Reloading epools.txt
Reloading epools.txt
GPU0 t=54C fan=34%

I just tested it with your pool:  eu1-etc.ethermine.org:4444

worked for me

this error:

will always occur unless I change a link: it is irrelevant.

I am guessing you added:

-allpools 1

as an argument when calling Claymore

this is likely the problem.  It is not needed for ETC, and perhaps (if this is indeed what you changed) makes it not work.

just did that and its WORKING , Finally
Thanks a million for your patience and help, the time you put into this to make our life easier and our wallets heavier Cheesy

im using asus dual gtx 1060 6gb
any idea regarding what to put in the overclock part , i dont understand how it calculated or done to be honest
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:04:01 PM

just did that and its WORKING , Finally
Thanks a million for your patience and help, the time you put into this to make our life easier and our wallets heavier Cheesy

im using asus dual gtx 1060 6gb
any idea regarding what to put in the overclock part , i dont understand how it calculated or done to be honest

some 6gb 1060s can handle a core overclock of 150; others can only handle a core overclock of 100

some 6gb 1060s can handle a memory overclock of 900; others can only handle a memory overclock of 600

I would start with:

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"      # YES NO

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=600

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"         # YES NO

and see if it works

if it does try:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=900

and see if it works

if it does try:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=900

and see if it works

if it does then that is opt OC; if it doesn't go back to:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=900

newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:08:36 PM

First of all @fullzero - this is great and you rock! I have been using Ethos for my AMD rig/s for about a year so I've been waiting for something like this for my Nvidia rig - as I said in a post on one of the 1st pages in this thread. I really don't like Windows and always prefer a Linux option if possible. My Linux skills are basic so I am always super grateful when people like you come along and create something like nvOC to make it easy for me to get the Linux stability, etc.

My Nividia rig is currently an Asrock H81 BTC Pro running Windows 8.1 off an SSD, with 2 x Gigabyte GTX1070 G1 gaming and 2 x Galax GTX1060 6GB. I run Claymore (now up to 9.4), and use MSI Afterburner for overclocking. I currently prefer to "single" mine just ETH. I have found that I can underclock all cores to -200 and overclock memory to +750 and reach around 107mh/s for the 4 GPUs, using about 600W for the whole rig. Running all stock clocks gets me around 99-100mh/s.

Unfortunately with my first sucessful run of nvOC it appears that my desired overclocks didn't apply because it was hashing at the stock amount of aroun 99mhs. Here is the relevant (I think) part of my onebash file:

COIN="ETH"

POWERLIMIT="NO"              # YES NO

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=100

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"       # YES NO

MANUAL_FAN="NO"              # YES NO

# Set fan speed if MANUAL_FAN="YES"
FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                   # YES NO

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=100

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=100
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=100

Have I done something incorrectly? My intention was to leave cores at stock frequency (though later I would try reducing them as I do using Windows/Afterburner) and overclock memory to +750 on all cards, which as I said in windows seems to reliably give me 107-108mh/s.
As I said, using the above oneBash entries - it mines fine, but at around 99mh/s so it appears that the overclocks to memory aren't applying. I will keep reading all the thread posts (I have only covered about 1/3 of them and maybe I will find the answer.

Thank you in advance for any help. I am prepared to donate or pay when you are ready to accept payment - just drop in a BTC or ETH address.

Glad you like nvOC.  Smiley

When oneBash starts do you see messages like this:

for each card?

If you want to apply the same OC to all the cards then change this area to:

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

#__CORE_OVERCLOCK=0
#MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=750

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"       # YES NO

If you want to give different OC values to different cards do the following:

make sure:  INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"       # YES NO

When using less than the maximum number of cards with a motherboard, the system may not index the cards in the order you expect.  To see how they are indexed:

press f12 to open the guake terminal.  If you are running cpuminer right click over the terminal and select new tab or press ctrl + c to stop the mining process.  Then type:

nvidia-smi

This will list your cards with index numbers.  Use them to match the card with the correct individual index OC area:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=100

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=100

Let me know.

I really do like the idea of nvOC - I just wish I could get it to work for me!

This time I used this edit of onebash:

COIN="ETH"

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=750

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"       # YES NO

FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=750

I'm not sure why but when the terminal starts it usually asks me for the "miner1" password multiple times. When it does get started this time, GPU1 is disabled completely and the other cards are still running without any of the overclocks I have specified. Also it always seems to fail making the initial connection to the pool and waits for 10 secs then connects fine, I did see the messages you asked about applying values to different things but they just don't seem to "stick".
I tried nvidia-smi after hitting F12 and the GPUs are indexed exactly the same as when I run Windows: GPU0 is 1070 GPU1 is 1060 GPU2 is 1060 GPU3 is 1070

I'm not sure if this makes any difference but I am using an adapter which is a USB 3 adapter/connection to an old 64GB mini SSD card. Will it work better using an actual USB stick? Why does this make any difference?

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 06:44:43 PM

I really do like the idea of nvOC - I just wish I could get it to work for me!

This time I used this edit of onebash:

COIN="ETH"

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=750

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"       # YES NO

FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=-150
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=750

I'm not sure if this makes any difference but I am using an adapter which is a USB 3 adapter/connection to an old 64GB mini SSD card. Will it work better using an actual USB stick? Why does this make any difference?

Your storage device is fine; it is not the problem.

I'm not sure why but when the terminal starts it usually asks me for the "miner1" password multiple times.

When this happens don't enter anything, it will be handled by the script.

When it does get started this time, GPU1 is disabled completely and the other cards are still running without any of the overclocks I have specified. Also it always seems to fail making the initial connection to the pool and waits for 10 secs then connects fine, I did see the messages you asked about applying values to different things but they just don't seem to "stick".
I tried nvidia-smi after hitting F12 and the GPUs are indexed exactly the same as when I run Windows: GPU0 is 1070 GPU1 is 1060 GPU2 is 1060 GPU3 is 1070

Not all cards can handle a negative offset: the -150 cc.  Try these settings and tell me what happens:

Code:
COIN="ETH"

POWERLIMIT="NO"              # YES NO

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"   # YES NO

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=600

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"       # YES NO

MANUAL_FAN="NO"              # YES NO

FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                   # YES NO

Also please tell me if you see the messages like in this picture:

For GPU 0, 1, 2 and 3

dandreark1

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:15:55 AM

Hey fullzero do you have an image for an asrock z97 extreme 4 mobo?

Have a 3 rig setup (2) 6 x MSI rx580's and (1) 6 X  GTX1060 setup.

If you could image me a file that'd be awesome. Very much appreciated.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:35:24 AM

I have messaged you a link to an image that should work for the 6x 1060 rig.  For the 2 6x rx580s you can try my amdOC beta if you want; the link is on the OP in red.
dandreark1

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

out here

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 04:42:22 AM

I have messaged you a link to an image that should work for the 6x 1060 rig.  For the 2 6x rx580s you can try my amdOC beta if you want; the link is on the OP in red.

Great thanks man really much appreciated.
artorres

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 05:46:41 AM

Which image can i use for an  ASUS PRIME Z270-P for 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC cards using 1 M2 PCIE??
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 06:08:34 AM

Which image can i use for an  ASUS PRIME Z270-P for 7 EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC cards using 1 M2 PCIE??

I sent you a link to an image that should work.

yun9999

Activity: 414
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:43:58 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2017, 03:34:45 PM by yun9999

What is the maximum number of NVIDIA 1080 TI cards we can mine using NVOS per rig?  Also what brand and version of the 1080 TI that can do 700-780 sols per 1 viewer's comment?  Have the 1080 regular performance improved at all with the latest mining software or still in the 500s SOL range?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: