Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:00:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:24:59 PM

Have you connected the monitor to the motherboard?

If so:

powerdown; connect the monitor the the GPU connected to the first 16x pcie slot

and power on

Comes back with the same errors.

try this again:

lspci | grep VGA

if it shows only 4x GPUs then do this again:

press f12 to open the guake terminal, if cpuminer is running press ctrl + c to close it or open a new tab and enter:

Code:
cd /etc/X11

then:

Code:
ls

you should see a file that looks something like: '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.06082017'  but most likely with a different date number at the end maybe 06092017? (it will be from the first day you launched nvOC so it should start with a 06 )

anyway note what the date is on that file and change the following code to match it:

Code:
sudo cp '/etc/X11/xorg.conf.06082017' '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'

and enter the password: miner1 when prompted.

then logout

and log back in

and tell me if you see the OC messages.

Yes, I only see the 4 NVIDIA GPUs. Copied, logged out, logged in, don't see the OC messages (also still get an error from nvidia-settings).

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know.

That made it work! Thanks so much!

Glad its working; the next rig should be easier  Smiley
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:27:16 PM

I can not get the individual power setting to work. How do I manually override the onebatch setting?

OK, got it to work after a few reboots. Is there a way to adjust the powerlimit of the individual gpus while they're running?

Yes, there are two ways. You need to open another terminal window and pass these commands

(This one does all GPU's currently under the system and xxx equal power amount) sudo nvidia-smi -pl xxx

(This one will do each individual power setting, just change the X to 0-12 and then pass power limit on xxx) sudo nvidia-smi -i X -pl xxx

Thanks for helping Nexillus.

slackert:  let me know if your still having problems with the powerlimits.

nuanicaj

Activity: 178
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

I tried to use it with 2 1060 cards, I could not log into the termintal M1:  I kept putting  miner1 as the password and it would not work.?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:48:09 PM

I tried to use it with 2 1060 cards, I could not log into the termintal M1:  I kept putting  miner1 as the password and it would not work.?

I don't understand what you mean by log into the terminal?

If you are refering to what is displayed at the top of the gnome-terminal when it auto launches at boot?

If so; don't enter anything: this is normal, the expect program will enter these automatically

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 06:56:59 PM

Hi @fullzero,

I have been watching this space and trying nvOC because I would so much rather use Linux if possible. I've probably already said this but my experience with EthOS on AMD rigs has been great - awesome stability, remote monitoring, better ETH hash-rate than Claymore with no fee (by using sgminer-gm).... So I REALLY want nvOC to work at least as well on my Windows 8.1 rig, as Windows does.

Unfortunately I just can't seem to get the overclocks to stick! I'm mining ETH so in Windows using Afterburner I lower the core clock or leave it at factory and I overclock the memory to +750 on all 4 of my Nvidia cards (2 x 1070, 2 x 1060 6GB). This gives me a reported hash-rate in Claymore of around 107mh/s and uses around 600W for the whole rig.

When I use nvOC a couple of strange things happen (or maybe they aren't strange - you tell me?). When the terminal auto-starts I have to put in the miner1 password 3 times  before Claymore starts. For whatever reason, I always see the message "GPU#1 disabled". If I hit the "1" key it says "GPU#1 enabled and works. Also it usually seems to take 2 or 3 attempts before it successfully connects me to nanopool, i.e. it can't connect the first 1 or 2 times and then it does connect. In Windows it always connects 1st try. And finally - it's reported hash-rate mines at around 99mh/s which is the hash-rate I get when the GPUs are at factory settings. Another strange thing about this is that it appears to be using almost the same amount of power - 580W, but seemingly without the overclocking.

When the terminal runs I see it apply the numbers - 0 to core and 750 to memory, but the GPUs seem to be ignoring this for some reason. They are different branded GPUs - the 1070s are Gigabyte and the 1060s are Galax and they all seem to respond to Afterburner in Windows.

Here is a paste of the relevant parts of my onebash:

COIN="ETH"

POWERLIMIT="NO"                 # YES NO

INDIVIDUAL_POWERLIMIT="NO"      # YES NO

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=750

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"         # YES NO

MANUAL_FAN="YES"                # YES NO

# Set fan speed if MANUAL_FAN="YES"
FAN_SPEED=75

# Mine XMR with CPU
plusCPU="NO"                   # YES NO

# Number of threads for plusCPU
threadCOUNT="1"                    # varies per CPU

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_2=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_3=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_3=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_4=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_4=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_5=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_5=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_6=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_6=750

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_7=0
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_7=750

I will next try it with individual clocks set to "YES" but I did try that with version 0014 of nvOC and it didn't work. it doesn't need a "+" symbol does it it?  Like "MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_2=+750"?

Any help from OP or anyone else would be appreciated. I know it's only 8mh/s difference but I really want to be hashing as high as possible because I live in a country with VERY expensive power so highest hash per watt is important to me.

When the terminal auto-starts I have to put in the miner1 password 3 times  before Claymore starts

don't enter anything: this is normal: the expect program will enter these automatically

Also it usually seems to take 2 or 3 attempts before it successfully connects me to nanopool, i.e. it can't connect the first 1 or 2 times and then it does connect.

Where are you geographically located?  The default nanopool setting in oneBash is for the US east coast; there may be a closer server to you.

Another strange thing about this is that it appears to be using almost the same amount of power - 580W, but seemingly without the overclocking.

your settings don't include a powerlimit so that is to be expected.

to use a powerlimit you need to change: POWERLIMIT="NO"    to     POWERLIMIT="YES"

(I recommend watching the demo videos on the OP to get a better idea of setting up oneBash)

to use individual clocks you need to change: INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="NO"   to   INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"

If the usb you are using is slow and the powerlimit isn't implementing; I recommend manually entering one by opening the guake terminal

press f12 and enter the following:

sudo nvidia-smi -pl xxx

where xxx is the desired powerlimit in watts.

Hi @fullzero,

just a suggestion - could you add the ability to mine UBQ? I'm pretty sure claymore can do it if you set allcoins to -1.

I'm saying this because it has recently jumped to the top of the whattomine.com list for dagger-hashimoto coins a few times.

If claymore has the ability to mine this coin then all you have to do is change come setting in claymore command line in the onebash file very simple!! Don't be scared to try it

xleejohnx is correct about modding oneBash; but I can make an explicit coin option for UBQ as well and update the newest oneBash with it: but I need to know what pool you use.

Also when oneBash starts do you see OC messages such as:

for each GPU?

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:04:13 PM

Firstly many thanks for creating this masterpeice it reminds me of other great works from the likes of Bach, Mozart and Picaso.

Wink

I tried searching this thread for the answer so apologies if it was answered already, I also scrolled through the first 15 pages.

Question 1 :

I have 2x ASUS Nvidia GTX-1070s running ( soon to be 9 ) but I cant seem to optimize the MHs for ETH mining.

On stock settings I get 26 MHs a card but I have seen windows users achieve 30-33 by changing the card frequency.  I am the first to admit I am a bit of a tech noob and I am sure the answer is obvious.

I tried various global CC and Memory overclocking but it didnt seem to make any difference.  ( i.e 120/400 , 150/600 , 200/600 )  

Essentially I closed the terminal, updated the details on onebssh ( while in Linux ) and then re ran the terminal  but no change to MHs from stock 100/100 settings.

Question 2 :

Also is it possible to start all GPUS when running the terminal?  GPU 0 always starts but then I need to hit "1" to fire up GPU 2.

Question 3 :

Has anyone found a good fan speed and power limit setting for these cards?

Question 4 : Is it normal to have to enter "miner1" 3x at the start?  It looks like the config file is supposed to auto populate it but on the image I downloaded 2 days ago this is not the case.

Any other tips alpreciated, and again apologies if these questions were already answered.

Answer 1 : i know eth is high right now and you want to mine it but nvidia cards are not as good as rx cards on mining eth so i would stick with zec thats my option tho
i only use nicehash pools for mining or selling how ever you want to look at it. and a 1070 farm will make more on zec than eth selling to nicehash.

Answer 2 : in the onebash file at the bottom there is the command line for claymore eth miner. try adding in the detect gpu settings see if it auto start them that way

Answer 3 : i have mine is a room with a temp of 95-105F and keep fan speeds at 75 and the cards stay around 68-71C

Answer 4 : you dont even have to have a screen or keyboard for this OS to work out of the box. i know it does say enter password but you dont have to do anything at all

Tips : i run my 1070s zotecs with a CC of +200 and MC of +900 with a PL of 125. ALSO linux is slower than windows when it comes to mining. But linux is more stable than windows
you will have a ton of more up time on linux then on windows. So you can ask yourself this. More up time or faster speeds...

Thanks for helping xleejohnx   Smiley

To add:

with Q1

You may want to try the settings Nexillus came up with:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19498283#msg19498283

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 07:10:56 PM

Is anyone heaving issues with ZEC miner? I have 4 cards in one of my rigs: 1050ti, 1060 6G and 2x 1070 and it's running at full speed and after few minutes the mining speed drops to like 40% and after 2-3 minutes it's back to full speed and it's doing that over and over again...
I have all cards with around 70% tdp +140 clock and memory at stock.

I have tested a mixed 1070 and 1080ti rig; and a mixed 1050ti and 1060 rig.  I haven't tested a triple mixed: 1050ti, 1060, 1070.

To help isolate if this problem is EWBF related:  can you try mining a coin that doesn't use EWBF. 

Say:  DUAL_ETC_SC

(ensure you update your ETC and SC (SIA) addresses if you do this)

and tell me if you have the same problem.

It's only EWBF, ccminer and Claymores do not have this drop in hashing power.

In that case I think the problem is with EWBF not being able to handle the spread of cards properly.

I will release an updated version with the new EWBF + choice for EWBF version and other changes in a few days; which may have solved this problem.

For now you can try it on your rig by downloading it on the rig and replacing the miner application currently in the '/home/m1/zec' directory with the new one.

note new EWBF linux link:  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9EPp8NdigFibDl2MmdXaTFjWDQ

Let me know if the new version solved this problem.  If it didn't; there is another way I will probably implement for next version.

UberDaemon

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 08:45:20 PM

Glad to see people are hooking OP up with some hashes as thanks for his time and hard work! 

https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xe12bdd454997e443ec0cae6bebb6bb3c74242aae

If you're running nvOC and it's working out well for you consider running your rig for a while (even if it's only an hour!) with his address to encourage him to continue developing this highly useful platform.  You rock, OP!  We appreciate you.

Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:36:53 PM

Glad to see people are hooking OP up with some hashes as thanks for his time and hard work! 

https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xe12bdd454997e443ec0cae6bebb6bb3c74242aae

If you're running nvOC and it's working out well for you consider running your rig for a while (even if it's only an hour!) with his address to encourage him to continue developing this highly useful platform.  You rock, OP!  We appreciate you.

I completely agree! Once I get this next 6 GPU rig up, was thinking of pointing it to him for a bit Smiley
Heguli97

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 09:51:05 PM

Hello,

just wanted to ask, is there a way to change voltage like you can in Msi afterburner by pressing CTRL+F to get to "Voltage/Frequency curve editor", and if not is there an alternate solution or could it be implemented in the future?

Thanks!  Smiley

slackert

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 10:22:24 PM

Does changing the GPU settings using the Nvidia X Server Settings window happen in real time? I was trying to make some core and mem adjustments using this method. It seems to work but not for the fan settings. I'm just not 100% sure on this.
UberDaemon

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:00:29 PM

Question: After going into screen mode is there a command I can drop on to the end of the bash command (with a pipe) that would let me log terminal output to an ascii log file in addition to monitoring live via SSH?  Anyway to use an environment variable for the output .log file to have the filename begin with YYYY-MM-DD?

TIA  Grin

UberDaemon

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:25:11 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2017, 11:48:45 PM by UberDaemon

Re: 1070 Founders Edition OCing

I think I've found numbers I'm pretty happy with on my 1070 FEs.  I'm running 5 of these on these settings and it's been very stable.  Along the way of dialing this in I tried various power settings, and my observation has been that additional power had no discernible effect on hashrate, at least with the config I am running (I experienced my first OC pushback/limit at cc 200 mc 1700 and pl 145W.

My stable config is:

__CORE_OVERCLOCK=200
     MEMORY_OVERCLOCK=1700

pl: 110W

31.6 MH/s average per gpu over the past 12 hours.  620W at the wall.

GPU0 t=53C fan=90%, GPU1 t=55C fan=90%, GPU2 t=58C fan=90%, GPU3 t=54C fan=90%, GPU4 t=52C fan=90%  (ambient room temp is 80F).
smokinggun46

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:47:34 PM

Total noob here:  I have a new rig just built and i'm trying to decide which OS to boot onto it. 

Given i have no OS right now, does nvOC also serve as the OS?  Or do i have to DL ubunto first?

I'm asking because i went ahead and imaged nvOC anyways, booted it onto the rig, saw a lot of critical core errors, saw the ubunto loading screen and now its asking for m1-desktop-login. 
UberDaemon

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:54:57 PM

Total noob here:  I have a new rig just built and i'm trying to decide which OS to boot onto it. 

Given i have no OS right now, does nvOC also serve as the OS?  Or do i have to DL ubunto first?

I'm asking because i went ahead and imaged nvOC anyways, booted it onto the rig, saw a lot of critical core errors, saw the ubunto loading screen and now its asking for m1-desktop-login. 

The image already has ubuntu 14.04 desktop on it.  Before you use it you need to edit the 'OneBash' file your nvOC flash drive will place onto a small windows partition.  Once that config file has been changed to point towards your address and to change OC/etc settings you don't need to touch anything when it boots - any prompts for passwords will be filled in automatically by the script, so don't interrupt it.  Mine goes from cold boot to mining in ~2.5 minutes.
smokinggun46

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 12, 2017, 11:58:05 PM

The image already has ubuntu 14.04 desktop on it.  Before you use it you need to edit the 'OneBash' file your nvOC flash drive will place onto a small windows partition.  Once that config file has been changed to point towards your address and to change OC/etc settings you don't need to touch anything when it boots - any prompts for passwords will be filled in automatically by the script, so don't interrupt it.  Mine goes from cold boot to mining in ~2.5 minutes.

Gotcha.  Since I'm mining ZEC, but currently havent set up an address yet, i guess the obvious is to wait until I have a ZEC address before booting ?

also, if i want to change the onebash file later on, do I have to change it on windows ( my laptop) or can i do it directly in ubunto?  Thanks again =)
jmooney5115

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:01:17 AM

Gotcha.  Since I'm mining ZEC, but currently havent set up an address yet, i guess the obvious is to wait until I have a ZEC address before booting ?

also, if i want to change the onebash file later on, do I have to change it on windows ( my laptop) or can i do it directly in ubunto?  Thanks again =)

I was able to modify the oneBash file in Ubuntu after it booted up. First, close the terminal. Then modify one bash. The open terminal. The script will take off.

On ZEC. I'm very new to ZEC. I'm using Eleos in Windows. Is this program all there is to get ZEC, ZCL, and ZEN? It just seems to easy.

Hi. Thank you for this OS! I spend hours trying to get Windows working so I could use NiceHash but I couldn't get Windows 7 working. Then I found a 16GB flash drive I had hidden in a drawer.

How can I modify the pool address to enter a username/password so I can monitor on the pools website.

Ex: I'm mining ZCL on coinmine.pl. I just registered and want to see what my rates are from there.

Note: I'm averaging 433 sol/s mining ZCL on EVGA 1070 SuperClocked. And 26 Mh/s on ETH.
UberDaemon

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:07:21 AM

I wouldn't wait, let it run on the default address so you can get things tuned until you're able to update your address.

Quote from: smokinggun46

You don't have to change it on windows.  I would suggest starting that way and first making sure your hardware is good to go by letting it boot all the way and see if mining commences.  Once you're good there then you can search back 1-2 pages looking for the posts regarding SSH and screen.  Once OpenSSH is enabled you can make your changes using the Putty client from another PC on your LAN and remote control it and even make config changes without always having to reboot.
jmooney5115

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 12:10:28 AM

Once OpenSSH is enabled you can make your changes using the Putty client from another PC on your LAN and remote control it and even make config changes without always having to reboot.

How do you restart the mining after modifying the config through SSH?
UberDaemon

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 01:11:51 AM

Once OpenSSH is enabled you can make your changes using the Putty client from another PC on your LAN and remote control it and even make config changes without always having to reboot.

How do you restart the mining after modifying the config through SSH?

ctrl+c a few times until the miner stops, then type:

Code:
bash '/media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash'

If any of your settings don't apply and/or you just feel it needs a soft reboot then

Code:
sudo reboot

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: