Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:01:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
bibyfok

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:41:42 PM

Do you have to plug a screen or a headless hdmi plug to mine at full speed as with RX cards?
Thanks
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:45:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks for all your effort. Once I get everything up and running I hope there is somewhere I can donate.

I need some advice though. I'm trying to flash the image to a 16gb ADATA S102 flash drive (Capacity shows 15.81GB in HDD Raw Copy), but it fails at 99%. is there something I can do, or should I get a bigger flash?

You should get a bigger one. But at times it will still work, so you can test it. If the system boots and starts mining, all is ok. Be patient, booting (depending on number of cards) can take a couple of minutes. Make sure you've read the OP, connect a monitor to GPU0 (not the internal video card) to see the booting process. All is automated, so just wait and see Wink..

The image still works if capacity is over 15.8 as shown in tool. Less..it doesn't work. Fullzero explained it a bit better a few pages ago to me

Yea it doesn't complete the transfer and there's 1gb unallocated space. I'll just get a bigger flash.

I have been trying to find the smallest (actual) size USB that still works; last night I tested one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002U1ZBG0 15.59gb actual capacity

The imaging only gets to 97% but it still works.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:45:58 PM

Do you have to plug a screen or a headless hdmi plug to mine at full speed as with RX cards?
Thanks

Should only need to to plug a screen or a headless hdmi plug during boot with the amd beta.
bibyfok

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:50:07 PM

Thanks

Should only need to to plug a screen or a headless hdmi plug during boot with the amd beta.

What? I think I dont understand: your OS will work with AMD? I was saying that because I have AMD rigs running under windows and I have to plug a screen to get full speed.
I have ordered few 1060 to test your OS bug if you also support AMD it would be AMAZING !

Maybe a stupid question but how do you know what is the first GPU port on the mother board? is it always the top port (pci 1x)?

Thanks, and as the others said, if your OS work as advertised, you deserve more thant just a tip... Smiley
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:51:49 PM

Hi fullzero

After last night's BTC bloodbath... I want to adjust my mining strategy  Shocked

I am positioning my Zotac 1070 minis and some of my entry level 1080ti reference/blower types for ETH mining.... and keep the big guns GA-Aorus and Zotac AMP Extremes for ZEC mining..... how do I modify the onebash for the following?

I copied this cmd string right out off smOS  Grin

-dbg -1  -wd 1 -r 1  -epool  stratum+tcp://eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008  -ewal $walletETH/$rigName -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

Thanks!

ensure you have set your:

ETH_ADDRESS

and

ETH_WORKER

then:

around line 925

Code:
if [ $COIN == "ETH" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64'
ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS/$ETH_WORKER"

if [ $ETHERMINEdotORG == "YES" ]
then
ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS.$ETH_WORKER"
fi

until $HCD -epool $ETH_POOL -ewal $ETHADDR -epsw x -mode 1
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

change this line:

Code:
until $HCD -epool $ETH_POOL -ewal $ETHADDR -epsw x -mode 1

to:

Code:
until $HCD -dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $ETHADDR -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333

so the section looks like:
Code:
if [ $COIN == "ETH" ]
then

then
fi

until $HCD -dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $ETHADDR -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport -3333
   do
   sleep 5
done
fi

Thanks fullzero you da man

btw, v9.5 seems funky on Dwarfpool so I prefer the tried and tested v9.4

is the Claymore ETH build v9.5 -- in nvOC v15 ?

It is not 9.5; I will add that version with a version selector in the next version. 

I am not sure if it is 9.4 or an earlier version; I believe it is 9.4.

Any plans for getting an epool.txt to ensure failover action?

I was thinking of just uploading my current failover pool list to miner app directory

I probably need to test how this actually is intended to work with Claymore. but:

I could have oneBash generate or modifiy one; and have say:

ETH_POOL_1
ETH_POOL_2
ETH_POOL_3

in the settings section; not sure how many fail over pools are generally used.

then later on:

echo -e "$ETH_POOL_1" >> /home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64/epools.txt
echo -e "$ETH_POOL_2" >> /home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64/epools.txt
echo -e "$ETH_POOL_3" >> /home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64/epools.txt

You can actually try this out

by adding this:

Code:

above:

Code:
if [ $COIN == "ETH" ]
then

then
fi

do
   sleep 5
done
fi

so the area looks like:

Code:

if [ $COIN == "ETH" ]
then

then
fi
   do
   sleep 5
done
fi

then go up to the settings section:

Code:
ETH_WORKER="nvOC"
ETH_ADDRESS="0xe12bdd454997e443ec0cae6bebb6bb3c74242aae"
ETH_POOL="eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999"

and add:

Code:
ETH_POOL_1="eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999"
ETH_POOL_2="eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999"
ETH_POOL_3="eth-us-east1.nanopool.org:9999"

with your failover pools

I'll make these changes to the next version or oneBash version

just a brief update before I go to bed....

I have 2 identical 6xZotac-1070-Mini rigs so I have been playing around with the Windows and Claymore ETH v9.5, and also putting the changes in the onebash file as above in the other rig.

I have syntax error for the nvOC build... its going to be more complicated hardcoding to get Dwarpool/ESM 0 to work - maybe you could include in the onebash ETH template the various pools supporting ESM 0, 1, 2, 3 (Nicehash).... like what Claymore does to address all users. However, Nvidia being better in ZEC than ETH.... in my opinion, there are some merits to leverage the 30MH and beyond capabilities of the 1070s and 1080tis simply because there are no AMD cards in sight :-(

I can make whatever presets you want; maybe besides including pool presets: also have the option to use a full set of arguments?

for example:

CLAYMORE_ARGUMENTS="-dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $ETHADDR -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport"-3333

?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:54:34 PM

Thanks

What? I think I dont understand: your OS will work with AMD? I was saying that because I have AMD rigs running under windows and I have to plug a screen to get full speed.
I have ordered few 1060 to test your OS bug if you also support AMD it would be AMAZING !

Maybe a stupid question but how do you know what is the first GPU port on the mother board? is it always the top port (pci 1x)?

Thanks, and as the others said, if your OS work as advertised, you deserve more thant just a tip... Smiley

There is an amd version that supports rx series cards (see the OP), but it is very limited only supports fan speed (on OC implementation). 

With nvOC you don't need to attach anything to your rig; it can be completely headless. 

gpu0 is usually the first 16x (full slot) on the motherboard.
bibyfok

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:56:34 PM

Thanks

There is an amd version that supports rx series cards (see the OP), but it is very limited only supports fan speed (on OC implementation). 

With nvOC you don't need to attach anything to your rig; it can be completely headless. 

Awesome, thanks !!! Will try this tomorrow !!!
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:58:26 PM

for example:

CLAYMORE_ARGUMENTS="-dbg -1 -wd 1 -r 1 -epool stratum+tcp://eth-sg.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal $ETHADDR -esm 0 -epsw x -allpools 1 -mport"-3333

?

I think having this option is best especially for Claymore ETH which has extensive amount of switches

alternatively Claymore also uses config.txt so that could be a way out even for the other dual mining combinations

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Maxximus007

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:59:29 PM

Was tinkering with individual fan speed, but got some error. I'm aware I've changed quite a bit in oneBash, so thought I made a mistake. But I saw cool-bits=24, I thought it should be 28? 4 (fan speed) + 8 (powerMizer) + 16 (overclocking). Anyway, with cool-bits=28 it worked for me.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:15:51 PM

I was messing around with SSH last night and trying to get it to work on an android phone. Didn't have much success. I'm really just looking for a way to monitor the rig remotely. Is there a way to set up SSH to just view the screen, not make changes, from an android phone?

I think Teamviewer and/or VNC functionality would be useful in v0016, OP.  That would help out people like slackert that want to monitor their rigs via smartphone.  

I had Teamviewer installed on v0014, but it won't install on v0015.  I tried VNC on v0015 but receive a security error on the client end when trying to connect (need SSL libs installed maybe?).

At this point you've got 15 GB worth of free space to work with IMO - it seems like most 16GB drives end up being just shy of the total size of the image.  Might as well consider 32GB drives to be the standard and put some more useful stuff on the image!  Just a suggestion.

The problem with going from a rig to your phone via SSH is unless your phone is connected via Wifi (or you have a custom networking setup) you have no way of resolving the NAT properly.

I can install teamviewer and the ubuntu generic VNC application for the next version. 
I tried VNC on v0015 but receive a security error on the client end when trying to connect (need SSL libs installed maybe?).

I believe those are already be installed; might need to be updated or there might be a failed repo update that needs to be cleared before you can install anything (this is the most likely).

At this point you've got 15 GB worth of free space to work with IMO - it seems like most 16GB drives end up being just shy of the total size of the image.  Might as well consider 32GB drives to be the standard and put some more useful stuff on the image!  Just a suggestion.

As a lot of members have had problems with various 16gb USB keys this would solve that problem; although I think I can cut down the size more and ensure it will work with all (claimed) 16gb drives. 

The main reason I don't want to switch to 32 is many users already have 16gb USBs and switching to 32 would force them to buy another USB key. 

I will start recommending only 32gb drives from now on.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:23:24 PM

for example:

?

I think having this option is best especially for Claymore ETH which has extensive amount of switches

alternatively Claymore also uses config.txt so that could be a way out even for the other dual mining combinations

I can either use variables that are set in oneBash and then output to the Claymore config.txt / epools.txt.  Or I can implement everything within oneBash.  Not sure which is the better choice.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:30:38 PM

Was tinkering with individual fan speed, but got some error. I'm aware I've changed quite a bit in oneBash, so thought I made a mistake. But I saw cool-bits=24, I thought it should be 28? 4 (fan speed) + 8 (powerMizer) + 16 (overclocking). Anyway, with cool-bits=28 it worked for me.

You are correct with the cool bits meanings.

That line is not there to set the cool bits number.  The cool bits should be set at 28 unless the xorg.conf has been changed.

It is there for another reason. Try removing it and see what is different. 

Not sure if I resolved the need for it in v0015; it might no longer be needed at all.
f5alcon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:31:31 PM

Thanks

Really want a version that can do both cards in one rig since I have amd cards coming as well.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:33:28 PM

Thanks for the help Fullzero that fixed my issue.  My card gone from 26 to 30 now - very happy  Smiley

Glad its optimized; you might want to try the settings UberDaemon came up with:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19547250#msg19547250

And see if your card can handle them.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 08:36:54 PM

Thanks

Really want a version that can do both cards in one rig since I have amd cards coming as well.

Unless I am mistaken; only Claymore Ethash can support mining with both AMD and Nvidia on the same rig.  This can be implemented, see: 

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19055518#msg19055518

But it will never be as stable as a pure red or green rig.

keepitsane

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:06:50 PM

Thanks for everything and all the help! Quick question for some reason today after I had to restart on boot up rather then going straight to the desktop and starting the miner it goes to a login screen and when I type in the miner1 password it accepts it flashes black and the asks for the password again. Any clue on how to solve this?
UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:10:32 PM

I received my Lexar thumb drives today.  HDD Raw Copy Tool ran at 49MB/sec writing the image to the drive, compared with my old Samsung 32GB that wrote at 25MB/sec.  Thanks for the suggestion, OP.
UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:17:03 PM

Thanks for everything and all the help! Quick question for some reason today after I had to restart on boot up rather then going straight to the desktop and starting the miner it goes to a login screen and when I type in the miner1 password it accepts it flashes black and the asks for the password again. Any clue on how to solve this?

I've also had this happen.  Most recently it was when I shut down and added my newest 2 GPUs to the original 5.  I resorted to re-imaging to fix it.

OP mentioned quite a few pages back that if you're going to make any hardware changes you should start off with a freshly imaged thumb drive.  That was in regards to a BIOS update.  Have you made any hardware changes?
gustavdp

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:59:28 PM
Last edit: June 14, 2017, 10:14:52 PM by gustavdp

Everything is up and running. Thanks so much OP. Do you have a wallet I can donate something to?

One quick question. How can I monitor mining through ssh without closing the mining process and opening on the remote pc. (at least that's how I understand the guide you provided).

I was thinking of something like the last step in this guide, where you use a screen? http://www.cryptobadger.com/2017/04/build-ethereum-mining-rig-linux/

For now I can use nvidia-smi to monitor temps at least.

Nexillus

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:10:06 PM

fullzero,

Is there a way to adjust the dual mining within the claymore?

As if I activate dual mining I loos about 5 MH/s in this mode, when normally I can adjust it via the -dcri when using Claymore on its own. I didn't see anything but could have overlooked it within the Onebash.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: