Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:12:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
cvitanihc0011

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 10:21:24 AM

Have 4 rigs running 7gpu - GTX 1070 Msi...stable for a few days . Tested the SSD also and it works very well.  (core C 100 , mem 1050 , pl -100) 30mh
Today my m.2 adapters should arrive and I'll make the rigs 8gpu

My MB supports 2 of these M.2 adapters...so in theory I could make 9 gpu rigs Smiley. Problem is that my PSU have only 3 cables each (bought some extra cables ) and only 5 outputs - 1 for mb cable and 4 for gpu power .  ( Corsair H850 ) can't find any parts these days ... everything is out of stock .
How can I power up the 9th GPU without a new psu ?
Somebody suggested to try SATA - > 8pin adapters . . . . Haven't tested...doesn't look safe .
Any ideas ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 11:18:19 AM

Have 4 rigs running 7gpu - GTX 1070 Msi...stable for a few days . Tested the SSD also and it works very well.  (core C 100 , mem 1050 , pl -100) 30mh
Today my m.2 adapters should arrive and I'll make the rigs 8gpu

My MB supports 2 of these M.2 adapters...so in theory I could make 9 gpu rigs Smiley. Problem is that my PSU have only 3 cables each (bought some extra cables ) and only 5 outputs - 1 for mb cable and 4 for gpu power .  ( Corsair H850 ) can't find any parts these days ... everything is out of stock .
How can I power up the 9th GPU without a new psu ?
Somebody suggested to try SATA - > 8pin adapters . . . . Haven't tested...doesn't look safe .
Any ideas ?

dual psu or server psu with pico and breakout board, can solve your problems

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
jmooney5115

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 12:44:11 PM

Suggestions:

1 - Be able to edit oneBash from the Linux partition
2 - Stop using expect and modify the sudoers to give m1 passwordless sudo permission
3 - Ability to monitor progress (or use screen by default)

Are there any quick fixes for what I wrote above?
  .nathan.

1 - I can definitely modify the oneBash from nvOC. When opening a new terminal the changes are reflected and mining starts automatically.
3 - You can open up your browser to port 3333 of the nvOC to see what you see in the terminal. I did see many pages back where OP said he was going to work on adding a good remote management solution.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:24:46 PM

Im using an MSI z170 A Gaming pro board. I updated the bios and set the 4g encoding to enable

When i try to boot the nvOC all i get is usb errors.

[  11.819307]  usb 2-6: device not accepting address 2, error -62

there are several lines listing all the usb ports.

at the very bottom of the error message after it lists all my usb ports is (initramfs)

What kind of risers are you using, and how are you powering them?

Hi fullzero,

I only have 2 1070 cards plugged in at the moment so no risers. Cards are in the correct slots according to mother board manual.

What kind of USB key are you using?

Have you tried reimaging the USB?

The usb is a sandisk 32 gb 130mb sec  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-32gb-micro-usb-usb-3-0-flash-drive-black/3530864.p?skuId=3530864
The transfer rate was the same as the one u recommended, i wanted to try your image now not wait on amazon.

I am downloading the image again and i will re-image the USB when i get home. I do not know if something got corrupt or not.

First: did you unzip the image before using it to image the USB?

If you did:

No need to re-download to check the image:

open a cmd prompt:

click the start button and type:  

Code:
cmd

then press enter:

type the following:

Code:
CertUtil -hashfile PATH_TO_IMAGE_ZIP_HERE SHA256

and press enter

if the result is:

Code:
90465b0521590a9e850a84bb1edbc184bac24aba7d309b20adaf106e364b534e

then the ZIP_containing_the_image is good

for example on my windows install:

Note: you can find the file path by right clicking the zip and selecting properties

ill check the hash.

Yes i used winrar and unzipped it to the desktop.

Then used HDDraw to burn to USB. After it was done i opened the image drag and dropped onebash file to look at it.
selected eject and removed it.

then made changes to the BIOs for 4g encoding,  plugged into rig and hit power on.

I just noticed you said you are using the: MSI z170 A Gaming pro

Is this the Motherboard you are using?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130919

If so;

I haven't tested this motherboard and I don't know what bios settings might be needed.

My guess is: you will need to disable the onboard Audio

I am using MSI Performance Gaming Intel Z170A Gaming Pro (the NON Carbon edition) lGA 1151 DDR4 USB 3.1 ATX Motherboard  

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-GAMING-PRO.html#hero-overview

It is similar to the MSI Gaming M5 you have already tested.

So i updated the bios to get the one that allows 4g decoding. I think it was the same one as the M5

I seen the audio disable on another post so i will also try that later when i get home.

I will try some more testing, i have 2 other boards that are also Z170A Gaming Pro, Ill try one of them also.
ill check boot from USB also to see if thats an option i missed

i was able to test a little more.
I switched to a different board still the same model MSI A170A Gaming Pro.
Loaded BIOS E79841MS.1D0
Enabled 4g decoding
disabled audio
Set boot priority to USB key

re flashed the USB

1st attempt to boot was a blank screen, let it sit for about 10 min
2nd boot i got the same errors as before. I dont think i have enough post yet for permissions to add pictures

What CPU are you using?

Maybe this will work:

Ensure the monitor is connected to the primary GPU ( the one in the 16x slot closest to the CPU )

Disconnect the USB or SSD/HHD from the rig. 

Fully power off everything: including the PSU.

Press the power button several times to clear any remaining power in the mobo.

Turn the PSU powerswitch back to | "on".

power on (without the USB attached)

See if the bios posts; if you get nothing in 20 seconds; press ctrl + alt + del repeatedly until the system reboots. 

Wait and see if the bios posts.

If the bios posts attach the USB key to a USB 2.0 port and press ctrl + alt + delete.

CPU is the one required for the board g4400 i think skylake

Instructions followed.
Reflashed the USB.

Bios posted, inserted USB ctrl + alt + delete

rebooted and then hangs blank screen.

This is the same thing i always get.
2nd reboot is all the usb errors

Can you pm me a link to a picture of the rig and a picture of the error screen?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:29:49 PM

fullzero,

Hello.  First, thank you for all your hardwork on nvOC.  Running 7 x zotac 1070 mini with your suggested settings.  It makes everything so easy.

I am having one problem though , which I'm suspecting is a bad PCIE slot, but wanted to run it by you.

On my asus z270-a, the card on PCIE1_4 intermittently shows up.  I've switched a known good card into it and it's still the same.  Any ideas on what else I should try?  Or just a bad board, and get it swapped?

Also, do you have a suggestion for another board that can do 9 gpu with 2xM2 slots?

Thanks again for your time!

Have you also tried swapping out the riser for this card as well?

Is there anything different with how the riser for this card is powered?

Are you using a single sata cable to power 3x risers; one of which is this card?

This mobo will also support up to 9x cards with 2x m2 adapters:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132930

Although personally I like the z270-a more; for aesthetic and $/slot considerations.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 03:36:52 PM

Maxximus007, citronick, jmooney5115; Thanks for helping   Smiley
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 04:09:46 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 04:39:51 PM by citronick

Maxximus007, citronick, jmooney5115; Thanks for helping   Smiley

v0015 has come along way and all my current ZEC NVIDIA builds are on nvOC Linux.

Press on to improve nvOC.... with AMD cards out of reach and NVIDIA breaking into the crypto world with GTX-1060 mining edition, great upside for nvOC especially ZEC, ETH and ccminer forks.

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
jmooney5115

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:33:06 PM

v0015 has come along way and all my current ZEC NVIDIA builds are on nvOC Linux.

Press on to improve nvOC.... with AMD cards out of reach and NVIDIA breaking into the crypto world with GTX-1060 mining edition, great upside for nvOC especially ZEC, ETH and ccminer forks.

Can you help me out? I want to mine ZEC but am worried I will not get the profits. I have the Windows Eleos v0.0.7 wallet installed. ZEC and ZEN both have a sync status of 100%. When I go to receive tab and click new transparent address, an address is shown but it is not listed in my addresses tab. This happens on both ZEN & ZEC. Will this address not be shown until I receive ZEC/ZEN?
jmooney5115

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 06:35:47 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 07:13:13 PM by jmooney5115

Thank you for the great OS! I will send BTC to the address in oneBash on my first payout to thank you. Assuming that is yours.

I asked about the mobo yesterday. I went ahead and ordered it and will post back next week if it works. Currently I'm running the GIGABYTE GA-B250M-Gaming 5 and it works perfectly. I did not find this thread until I ordered the parts, or I would have ordered the Gaming 3 you have in your OP.

I had a heck of a time getting a NiceHash.com DaggerHashimoto (ETH) pool working. All it took was me reading the README.txt on ethdcrminer64 and it worked for me Smiley. The following should work with all pools from NiceHash.com (link of pools).

Note: set COIN="NICE" to use this. If it didn't work it's a typo Smiley.

Code:
if [ $COIN == "NICE" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64'
ADDR='16tbBnNsdxVpwf8ZuUXehv3PG5TEEHn5wV.worker1'
NICE_POOL='stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353'

until $HCD -epool $NICE_POOL -ewal $ADDR -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi
keepitsane

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:06:23 PM

First off thanks for all the help thus far. But I am running in to a problem and would really appreciate it if someone could give me a helping hand.

So initial I had 5x 1070 2 connected via risers and 3 connect directly via the motherboard. I then bought some more risers so I could connect all of them via risers and someone suggested to do a fresh install whenever doing any hardware changes so I did that. However, now regardless of what configuration and the way I setup the gpus either the original with some via the motherboard and some via risers or all of them on risers it is only picking up 4 out of the 5 gpus. Any troubleshooting suggestions I tried look through to see if anyone else had this issue, but couldn't find anything that worked. Also I have tried multiple fresh installs on a few USB drives. Once again thanks in advance!
jmooney5115

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:14:40 PM

First off thanks for all the help thus far. But I am running in to a problem and would really appreciate it if someone could give me a helping hand.

So initial I had 5x 1070 2 connected via risers and 3 connect directly via the motherboard. I then bought some more risers so I could connect all of them via risers and someone suggested to do a fresh install whenever doing any hardware changes so I did that. However, now regardless of what configuration and the way I setup the gpus either the original with some via the motherboard and some via risers or all of them on risers it is only picking up 4 out of the 5 gpus. Any troubleshooting suggestions I tried look through to see if anyone else had this issue, but couldn't find anything that worked. Also I have tried multiple fresh installs on a few USB drives. Once again thanks in advance!

What motherboard are you using?

I am upgrading to a 6x PCIe mobo next week so I hope to not run into this issue?
keepitsane

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:17:13 PM

I am upgrading to a 6x PCIe mobo next week so I hope to not run into this issue?

I am currently using the Asus Prime Z270-A
jmooney5115

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:30:46 PM

1. Will the new cards work if you run 2 old ones with the 2 new ones?
2. Did you follow what is in the OP?

If you are using an ASUS PRIME Z270-A; ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios.  Also ensure PTP aware OS: is set to 'Not PTP Aware' in the bios.  Finally, ensure you 'Clear Secure Boot Keys' in the bios.

Also, I've read that PCIe setting needs to be set to Gen1. It sounds like it could be a simple BIOS issue.
keepitsane

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:39:19 PM

1. Will the new cards work if you run 2 old ones with the 2 new ones?
2. Did you follow what is in the OP?

If you are using an ASUS PRIME Z270-A; ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios.  Also ensure PTP aware OS: is set to 'Not PTP Aware' in the bios.  Finally, ensure you 'Clear Secure Boot Keys' in the bios.

Also, I've read that PCIe setting needs to be set to Gen1. It sounds like it could be a simple BIOS issue.

Thanks! That was it guess it must have reset the changes in the bios when I did the fresh install or something.
osakamines

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 07:52:32 PM

Is anyone here running 1070s with an MSI Z170A SLI motherboard?
I can not seem to get it stable even with only 4 GPUs.

It seems people agree on setting PCIe to Gen1.
What is the consensus on the PCI Latency timer?  I read somewhere to set it to 96, but wanted to get confirmation about this particular setup.
UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:04:19 PM

So my 2nd rig is now running with 6 GPUs. 

Rig 1 https://i.imgur.com/Q6kLeV3.jpg
 • Asus Prime Z270-A Motherboard
 • Corsair HX1200i PSU
 • Celeron G3930 CPU, 4GB RAM
 • (7) Gigabyte GTX 1070 Founders Edition

CC: 200
   MC: 1600 (4608 MHz mclk in nvidia-smi dmon)
   pl: 120W

945W at the wall

~220 MH/sec ETH (31.4 mhs per GPU, 26% over stock)

Rig 2 https://i.imgur.com/SUp7cj4.jpg
 • Asus Prime Z270-AR Motherboard
 • Corsair HX1200i + HX1000i (using Add2PSU)
 • Celeron G3930
 • (4) EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, (2) EVGA GTX 1070 SC

CC: 1
   MC: 1100 (4353 MHz mclk in nvidia-smi dmon)
   pl: 125W

885W at the wall

~180 MH/sec ETH (30 mhs per GPU, 20% over stock)

Rig 1 is nice and stable.  It's been mining consistently for over 62 hours.  Rig 2 is semi-stable: It's been running for just under 24 hours.  It doesn't lock up, but I do get error messages from Claymore randomly that cause Claymore to restart on average of once an hour.  I will try lowering MC to eliminate those.

Both rigs hashing: https://i.imgur.com/vx4hs88.png

nvidia-smi dmon output for both rigs: https://i.imgur.com/xSAoM5T.png

Nanopool: https://i.imgur.com/uFf52Hn.png

I need to get a case built to improve cooling and to ensure these GPUs aren't at risk of falling over like dominoes.  I had planned on working on that last weekend, but then I made the decision to build a 2nd rig so I held off.  What I am thinking of doing is repurposing a 4' wide x 4' deep x 6.5' tall indoor gardening tent (similar to this: https://i.imgur.com/whULDww.jpg)and placing the rigs inside so I can keep the heat output under control and hopefully increase cooling.  I'll have an exhaust fan sucking out air from the top of the tent, and passive intakes at the bottom pulling in cool air.  I'll route a 6" duct from the exhaust fan to a window to blow the heated air outside (until winter time!) so that my central air doesn't have to deal with the extra heat I'm currently introducing.  Rather than build a case/frame out of wood or aluminum I am thinking of using a wire shelving unit.  I like the idea of building a nice aluminum frame, but I'm not 100% sure if I am going to stop at 2 rigs or keep going, so until that clears up I am not going to construct a custom frame.

As I was typing this rig 2 experienced one of the Claymore errors:

GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 0, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 0, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 0, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 1, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 1, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 1, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 2, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 2, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 4, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 4, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 4, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 4, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 2, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 2, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 5, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 5, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 5, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 5, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 3, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 3, GpuMiner kx failed 1
GPU 3, GpuMiner cu_k1 failed 4, unspecified launch failure
GPU 3, GpuMiner kx failed 1

WATCHDOG: GPU error, you need to restart miner Sad

UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:12:57 PM

Which PCI-E slots are you using?  On that board you should use the 3 x16 slots, then use your other slots in order from the one closest to the CPU and moving to the right (if looking at the mobo with the backplate facing you).
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:17:27 PM

Is anyone here running 1070s with an MSI Z170A SLI motherboard?
I can not seem to get it stable even with only 4 GPUs.

It seems people agree on setting PCIe to Gen1.
What is the consensus on the PCI Latency timer?  I read somewhere to set it to 96, but wanted to get confirmation about this particular setup.

I have a biostar z170 motherboard and had to do a bios update to get it to fully work right

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:56:18 PM

Can you help me out? I want to mine ZEC but am worried I will not get the profits. I have the Windows Eleos v0.0.7 wallet installed. ZEC and ZEN both have a sync status of 100%. When I go to receive tab and click new transparent address, an address is shown but it is not listed in my addresses tab. This happens on both ZEN & ZEC. Will this address not be shown until I receive ZEC/ZEN?
I've used it for ZEN, it works like you said. The generated address is yours, but will only be shown in transactions after the first.. transaction. It seems flaky but it works. If you use zenmine.pro, it will send your first payout after 0.1 ZEN, so that can be quite fast. You can also decide to open a deposit address at Bittrex if you don't trust the wallet.
Maxximus007

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 08:58:36 PM

Thank you for the great OS! I will send BTC to the address in oneBash on my first payout to thank you. Assuming that is yours.

I asked about the mobo yesterday. I went ahead and ordered it and will post back next week if it works. Currently I'm running the GIGABYTE GA-B250M-Gaming 5 and it works perfectly. I did not find this thread until I ordered the parts, or I would have ordered the Gaming 3 you have in your OP.

I had a heck of a time getting a NiceHash.com DaggerHashimoto (ETH) pool working. All it took was me reading the README.txt on ethdcrminer64 and it worked for me Smiley. The following should work with all pools from NiceHash.com (link of pools).

Note: set COIN="NICE" to use this. If it didn't work it's a typo Smiley.

Code:
if [ $COIN == "NICE" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/9.0/ethdcrminer64'
ADDR='16tbBnNsdxVpwf8ZuUXehv3PG5TEEHn5wV.worker1'
NICE_POOL='stratum+tcp://daggerhashimoto.eu.nicehash.com:3353'

until $HCD -epool $NICE_POOL -ewal $ADDR -epsw x -esm 3 -allpools 1 -estale 0
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi
Just wanted to say that all the credits have go to fullzero!  Hope V016 is on its way Wink..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: