Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:04:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:27:52 PM

I should probably rephrase. I have all 6 GPUs on risers, the only time it does not post is when I have 2 of the x16 slots with the risers in them. I will double check and make sure they are all the same gen type. I had it on auto first but when I did, it wouldn't even boot past one card. I'm to the point I may just reset the MB bios via cmos and start fresh.

Use all 3 of the x16 slots, then begin populating the x1 slots beginning with the one closest to the CPU and moving away from it.

I did not try this but I did get it working.

Motherboard changes to get it to post:
DMI max gen 2
pciex16_1 link gen 2
pciex16_2 link gen 2
pcie spread spectrum clock disable
pcei speed gen 2
restore ac power on
hd audio controler disable
post delay time 0 sec
above 4g decoding enable

Current slots in use (check MB manual)
PCIEX1_1
PCIEX16_1
PCIEX1_2
PCIEX1_3
PCIEX1_4
PCIEX16_3

If I use the PCIEX16_2 slot claymore miner will not detect the GPU in that slot, skipping it posts and all 6 are registered.

Link to the stats
CC: 100
Mem: 1275
dcri: 20
Watt: 115 per card
802 watts from the wall

Just wanted to say thanks for making this! Happy to donate if you have an address to send it to. I initially planned on running Windows but was having sporadic hashing rates. I switched over to this and it's been running perfectly.

Also wanted to say that I was able to run 8 1070 GPUs with no issues on ASUS PRIME Z270-P motherboard. To get the additional 2 GPUs on this board, I'm using two m.2 to PCI-e adapters.

I BEG YOU, what are your BIOS settings and version?* PLEASE!!

I cant get my 5th gpu to work. I use all GTX 1070 and Ubuntu 16.04 desktop-

I also have Asus Z270-P but simply something is done wrong Sad

Basically either i cannot enter ubuntu, i am stuck after bios screen or i manage to get in but system doesn't show 5th gpu

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xleejohnx

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:35:14 PM

Is there any plan to add a remote management ? Either a webportal or a teamviewer?

Thanks !

Yes teamviewer will already be installed in the next version (you can install it yourself in v0015), management app is under dev.

hi fullzero,

thats great if TV is added by default into the image.

can you add the ssh function too?

looking forward to your dashboard feature too.

I have now 6 rigs on nvoc and 1 on windows.

thanks

for v0016 I was planning on having ssh server be enabled by default

do you have a list of things to come over the next few weeks or months?

As I see a super coin as the super highway and alt coins as taxis and trucks needed to move transactions. ~philipma1957
Fenir

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:38:44 PM

Trying to set up my first rig with the Asus z270 series board, Ubuntu 16.04, and 7 1060's.  Updated the bios, did all of the gen 2 switching ect yet still can't get more than 5 cards operating at once (It's random each time I reboot whether 4 or 5 seem to work). At first it was the cards with which I had individual sata riser power cables daisy chained (2 cards on each cable) but after unhooking everything and setting it back up that does not seem to be the issue.  I have also tried swapping out risers in order to see if one had gone bad also with no luck, ditto with the graphics cards.  I am kind of at a loss as what to try at this point in order to get all 7 operational at once.  
lbrasi

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 11:56:03 PM

Hi All,

I have decided to give nvOC a go, I am using an older Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P (Socket LGA1366) board and an i7 920 CPU.  I have two EVGA GTX 1080ti on risers in both PCI-E x16 slots.
I am able to boot fine but things just are not stable, I can run for about 15 hours but later GPU0 drops to about 150-170w and SOLs are suffering, I can reboot and get it working but it seems to happen again.

I have no idea if any BIOS changes need to be made to get this running stable or not, does anyone have any idea what I can try?

Also if I kill the mining process and make changes to the onebash config it doesn't seem to accept the changes, more specially the fan speed.  I attempt to launch the miner again and get the below error but the process does start;

Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help`
       for usage information.

When the mining process starts do you see OC messages like this?

https://ip.bitcointalk.org/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs13.postimg.org%2Fq08huqnyv%2FIMG_0270.jpg%26t%3D577%26c%3Dyq0szP4ICxv47w&t=577&c=q_tbQ_FaeljjYQ

If you don't:

At any point did you boot with the monitor connected to the motherboard?

Did you at anytime boot with only one GPU attached?

If either of these is the case: ensure the monitor is attached to the primary GPU ( the one connected to the 16x slot closest to the CPU )

then follow this process:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg19449945#msg19449945

I only booted with a monitor connected the first time, now it is completely headless.
Yes I might have booted with only one GPU attached at one point.
Thank you I will follow that process.  If I re-image the USB key and boot completely headless should I be seeing the OC messages via SSH as well?

I recreated USB key from scratch, connect monitor to primary GPU.  I immediately enabled SSH, connect via SSH and started the miner and still get the error message.

Failed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help`
       for usage information.

Any other ideas?

achalmersman

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:24:44 AM

Thanks for the prior replies and help a few days ago.  My nvOC rig has been running for a few days now and I keep playing with it / etc.  Once I get it all dialed in I am going to move some more 1070s from my Win10 machine and move them over to the dedicated mining rig (nvOC).  Currently the nvOC rig has 3 gtx 1070s and 1 gtx 970.  The fan speed seems to be working on all cards but can anybody tell me if they have gotten GTX 970 cards to overclock?  The cards say they overclock in the startup but the hashrate does not actually increase.  It stays rock solid at 18-18.5 MH/s which is stock speeds for a GTX970.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks
weareken

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 12:41:53 AM

Looking for advice about motherboards

I'm thinking about consolidating my 4x GPU rigs into 7 or 8 GPU rigs.

1) Is either of these better than the other? ASUS PRIME H270-PLUS -or- MSI Z270-A PRO

2) How reliable are the m.2 to pci-e adapters?  Are there some that are better than others?
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:27:41 AM
Last edit: June 21, 2017, 01:41:00 AM by Nexillus

I should probably rephrase. I have all 6 GPUs on risers, the only time it does not post is when I have 2 of the x16 slots with the risers in them. I will double check and make sure they are all the same gen type. I had it on auto first but when I did, it wouldn't even boot past one card. I'm to the point I may just reset the MB bios via cmos and start fresh.

Use all 3 of the x16 slots, then begin populating the x1 slots beginning with the one closest to the CPU and moving away from it.

I did not try this but I did get it working.

Motherboard changes to get it to post:
DMI max gen 2
pciex16_1 link gen 2
pciex16_2 link gen 2
pcie spread spectrum clock disable
pcei speed gen 2
restore ac power on
hd audio controler disable
post delay time 0 sec
above 4g decoding enable

Current slots in use (check MB manual)
PCIEX1_1
PCIEX16_1
PCIEX1_2
PCIEX1_3
PCIEX1_4
PCIEX16_3

If I use the PCIEX16_2 slot claymore miner will not detect the GPU in that slot, skipping it posts and all 6 are registered.

Link to the stats
CC: 100
Mem: 1275
dcri: 20
Watt: 115 per card
802 watts from the wall

Just wanted to say thanks for making this! Happy to donate if you have an address to send it to. I initially planned on running Windows but was having sporadic hashing rates. I switched over to this and it's been running perfectly.

Also wanted to say that I was able to run 8 1070 GPUs with no issues on ASUS PRIME Z270-P motherboard. To get the additional 2 GPUs on this board, I'm using two m.2 to PCI-e adapters.

I BEG YOU, what are your BIOS settings and version?* PLEASE!!

I cant get my 5th gpu to work. I use all GTX 1070 and Ubuntu 16.04 desktop-

I also have Asus Z270-P but simply something is done wrong Sad

Basically either i cannot enter ubuntu, i am stuck after bios screen or i manage to get in but system doesn't show 5th gpu

I am currently running Asus PRIME Z270-A BIOS 0906 on my board. I updated via the Ez update through the internet.

Also check out this youtube video on step by step for all the changes I made. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-FkpU2KfI

Also according to several others may need to fill all your x16 slots (in my case I did not and it has booted fine with 6 GPUs)

Also forgot to add, I unplugged power, unplugged all risers,removed cmos battery to reset BIOS before applying the above changes. Then I plugged it all in after changes and booted.
Nexillus

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:49:07 AM

Trying to set up my first rig with the Asus z270 series board, Ubuntu 16.04, and 7 1060's.  Updated the bios, did all of the gen 2 switching ect yet still can't get more than 5 cards operating at once (It's random each time I reboot whether 4 or 5 seem to work). At first it was the cards with which I had individual sata riser power cables daisy chained (2 cards on each cable) but after unhooking everything and setting it back up that does not seem to be the issue.  I have also tried swapping out risers in order to see if one had gone bad also with no luck, ditto with the graphics cards.  I am kind of at a loss as what to try at this point in order to get all 7 operational at once.  

Which Asus z270 board?
Fenir

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 01:57:26 AM

Which Asus z270 board?

Sorry, Prime Asus z270-A.  The only slot that consistently does not seem to work is the GPU6.  The others have varying degrees of success.  Sometimes GPU3 gives issues, other times GPU5.  Seems to happen almost at random except for GPU6.
Nexillus

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:00:54 AM

Which Asus z270 board?

Sorry, Prime Asus z270-A.

We have the same board, if you see above that is my exact setup including which PCI lanes I am using along with a video with step by step instructions.
Fenir

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:09:01 AM

Which Asus z270 board?

We have the same board, if you see above that is my exact setup including which PCI lanes I am using along with a video with step by step instructions.

Checked out that video earlier and made all of the bios changes (on 2 separate boards just in case one was failing) still the same issues.  Kind of at a loss.
Nexillus

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:15:19 AM

Which Asus z270 board?

Checked out that video earlier and made all of the bios changes (on 2 separate boards just in case one was failing) still the same issues.  Kind of at a loss.

Have you changed your PCI lanes you are using? And have your monitor output to the closest x16 to your CPU?
Fenir

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 02:32:23 AM

Which Asus z270 board?

Checked out that video earlier and made all of the bios changes (on 2 separate boards just in case one was failing) still the same issues.  Kind of at a loss.

Have you changed your PCI lanes you are using? And have your monitor output to the closest x16 to your CPU?

I switched the PCI-Lanes to 2.0, and I actually forgot I had taken my monitor out of GPU1 and hooked it directly the Motherboard earlier .... but when I put it back on GPU1 and rebooted that Card stopped working and I still only have 5 GPU's running.  GPU 5 which was not working on my previous boot started working this time in it's place.
engineerking

Activity: 19

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:49:09 AM

Fantastic work. Really liking the build.

I ran into the problem where my over clocks were not getting set, but your fix seemed to correct that (started with one gpu before putting more in). After the fix, the gpufan error messages (I saw others were having that) are still showing up. Not a big issue since it looks like the fans are dynamic and should adjust up.

One suggestion for the next build, can you add ZEN cash to the list of available coins?
BaliMiner

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 05:33:45 AM

I have old Mobo GA-770T-D3L with AM770 chipset and amd processor, is it supported by nvOC to do multi-gpu? currently i'm using windows 10, and it cannot detect my other NV1060 vga card.

thanks
Maxximus007

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:09:01 AM

I ran into the problem where my over clocks were not getting set, but your fix seemed to correct that (started with one gpu before putting more in). After the fix, the gpufan error messages (I saw others were having that) are still showing up. Not a big issue since it looks like the fans are dynamic and should adjust up.

One suggestion for the next build, can you add ZEN cash to the list of available coins?
You can add it to oneBash yourself if you want to mine ZEN now:
Add your ZEN pool and address around line 86 the following:
Code:
ZEN_WORKER="nvOC"
ZEN_ADDRESS="your_address"
ZEN_POOL="mining.miningspeed.com"
ZEN_PORT="3063"

Add around line 815 the following block:
Code:
if [ $COIN == "ZEN" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/zec/miner'
ZENADDR="$ZEN_ADDRESS.$ZEN_WORKER"
until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEN_POOL --user $ZENADDR --pass z --port $ZEN_PORT;
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

Set COIN="ZEN" on line 22 and there you go.

Maxximus007

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:11:39 AM

I have old Mobo GA-770T-D3L with AM770 chipset and amd processor, is it supported by nvOC to do multi-gpu? currently i'm using windows 10, and it cannot detect my other NV1060 vga card.

thanks
ATM the nvOC is for Intel chipsets and processors. I think your chance of success is quite low.
Coin++

Activity: 810
Merit: 444

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 07:17:45 AM

You can add it to oneBash yourself if you want to mine ZEN now:
Add your ZEN pool and address around line 86 the following:
Code:
ZEN_WORKER="nvOC"
ZEN_ADDRESS="your_address"
ZEN_POOL="mining.miningspeed.com"
ZEN_PORT="3063"

Add around line 815 the following block:
Code:
if [ $COIN == "ZEN" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/zec/miner'
ZENADDR="$ZEN_ADDRESS.$ZEN_WORKER"
until $HCD --eexit 3 --fee $EWBF_PERCENT --pec --server $ZEN_POOL --user $ZENADDR --pass z --port $ZEN_PORT;
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

Set COIN="ZEN" on line 22 and there you go.
Good tuning : thank you.

My favorite faucets to earn real free bitcoins/satoshis : Moon BitCoin and Bit Fun.
You want some free AltCoins ? It's here : BCH (Bitcoin Cash) Moon BitCoinCash - DASH (Dash) Moon Dash - DOGE (DogeCoin) Moon DogeCoin - LTC (LiteCoin) Moon LiteCoin.
You want some free LBC (Lbry Credits) ? My LBC invite : Lbry.tv - LBC (Lbry Credits).
fyl88

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 08:26:40 AM

Anyone knows if EWBF will be updated to 0.3.4b ? Any reasons to do so ? I see 2% dev fee was added though but hashrate suppose to also increase by 2%.

Thanks
Maxximus007

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 09:29:58 AM

Anyone knows if EWBF will be updated to 0.3.4b ? Any reasons to do so ? I see 2% dev fee was added though but hashrate suppose to also increase by 2%.

Thanks
You can do it yourself if you want, see some pages back. It's about 1-2% faster but dev fee is a fixed 2%. Currently the only reason I see is that you'd want the new monitoring page. Personally I keep 3.3b running.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: