Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:28:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
Nexillus

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:02:49 PM

Same question as before but with pictures, miner is hashing away when suddenly the whole OS slows down to a snail pace where i have to wait for 20 seconds for every action to go through and the hash rate is cut by 50% with the GPUs doing this strange hashing pattern:

Please advise, this happens on any pool i try, in both dual mining and ETH only mode, across multiple overclocks..

This is a soft crash; if you have already tried lower OC; it is most likely being caused by too low of a powerlimit.

What GPUs / clocks / powerlimits are you using?

7 x gigabyte 1070 FE, each at 120 pl and clocked +200/+1600, turns out this also happens in ETH only mode, not just dual mining.

any suggestions?

If you want to keep that OC, you will need more power. 120 is not enough to maintain that OC (based on from my experience with my 1070s) I had to give them at least 135-145 to do +200/1600 solo mining ETH.

i see, i was going by UberDaemon's settings since i ended up getting the same parts as his build.

Right now it should be more profitable to use genoil (which unless I am mistaken;  can only single mine) as you should be able to net at least +5% from Claymore single mode (with outright higher hashrate and no 2% fee).

I am not sure at all what the best way to avoid soft crashes is with genoil; if anyone can find OPT settings that are stable with high memory clocks let me know.

Currently testing it, but am noticing that it does not have the nice web API to connect too like claymore lol. I will get back with you later today with my settings.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nexillus

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:42:29 PM

Anyone else have problems with Nanopool right now? It seems to be calculating the hash but not getting a reported hash. It is also still receiving shares and going over to genoil it is also saying accepted shares.

https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xdc04faa92bb8fa95ed93a4a48bb72554985a97f2 to see what I'm talking about.
OverEasy

Activity: 301
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:52:48 PM

Clock speeds not working on second card.

Attribute 'GPUGraphicsClockOffset' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 100.

Attribute 'GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 350.

Where is gpu:1 ?

My oneBash -

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"         # YES NO

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=350

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=800

Thought maybe my USB was too slow so I changed oneBash to "slow" usb.
Same thing is happening. Clocks only getting set on GPU:0

Can't set fan manually at all.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Had this once and it was a bad image on the USB. Just re-flashed and was fixed. Was kinda weird but hasn't happened since.

You are not the first member to report this happening:  if you still have this image which produces this one GPU not setting its fan: please make these changes to oneBash and let me know what happens.

in the implementation section most likely line 483:

Code:
GPUS=$(nvidia-smi --query-gpu=count --format=csv,noheader,nounits | tail -1)

change this to:
Code:
GPUS=14

save, restart the mining process

If the problem is an indexing error: then the second GPU should have its fan properly set: however if you are using 2 GPUs; you should also see error messages for each cmd for 12 GPUs that you don't have.

If the second GPU does set the fans properly note its index number.

Let me know the result; and hopefully it will only take a new oneBash to fix this.

I made the change and here is my result. GPU:1 clocks still not setting

dos2unix: converting file /media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash to Unix format ...

workername: 136

rig IP: 10.0.0.136
Power limit for GPU 0000:04:00.0 was set to 125.00 W from 125.00 W.

Warning: persistence mode is disabled on this device. This settings will go back to default as soon as driver unloads (e.g. last application like nvidia-smi or cuda application terminates). Run with [--help | -h] switch to get more information on how to enable persistence mode.

All done.
Power limit for GPU 0000:22:00.0 was set to 125.00 W from 125.00 W.

Warning: persistence mode is disabled on this device. This settings will go back to default as soon as driver unloads (e.g. last application like nvidia-smi or cuda application terminates). Run with [--help | -h] switch to get more information on how to enable persistence mode.

All done.
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found

Wed Jun 28 16:48:42 EDT 2017
Action: Installing daemon (12.0.76279) for 'systemd' ...
installing /etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service (/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service)
Try: systemctl enable teamviewerd.service
systemctl start teamviewerd.service

Attribute 'GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 350.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:2' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:2]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:2' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:2]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:3' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:3]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:3' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:3]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:4' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:4]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:4' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:4]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:5' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:5]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:5' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:5]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:6' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:6]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:6' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:6]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:7' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:7]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:7' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:7]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:8' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:8]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:8' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:8]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:9' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:9]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:9' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:9]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:10' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:10]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:10' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:10]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:11' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:11]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:11' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:11]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:12' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:12]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:12' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:12]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:13' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:13]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

ERROR: Error resolving target specification 'gpu:13' (No targets match target specification), specified in assignment
       '[gpu:13]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

Attribute 'GPUFanControlState' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 0.

'[gpu:2]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:3]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:4]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:5]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:6]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:7]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:8]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:9]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:10]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:11]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:12]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:13]/GPUFanControlState=0'.
OverEasy

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 08:58:38 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 09:23:50 PM by OverEasy

You know I have that 1060 plugged directly into the MoBo. Let me get it on a riser...I'll let ya know if that's it. I just thought of that lol...

Nope. On a riser now. Same issue.

Now let me switch slots on the MoBo...brb..  Nope same issue..

HEY! Just made a change to MoBo bios. Had some alternate pcie slot setting that was checked.

Damn that wasnt it. It just skips right over GPU:1 (GPU:1 is mining btw, just cannot control anything)

Nexillus

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:36:42 PM

When running GENOIL is there a way to see card temperatures? I cant find any setting?
If there is no settings, is there any app that we can install ?
Thanks

GENOIL seems does not have a way to put it on screen like claymore however can do it manually by hitting F12 to open guake then typing "nvidia-smi" should show you all the GPUs watts, temps and loads
tempgoga

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:40:49 PM

Same question as before but with pictures, miner is hashing away when suddenly the whole OS slows down to a snail pace where i have to wait for 20 seconds for every action to go through and the hash rate is cut by 50% with the GPUs doing this strange hashing pattern:
https://i.imgur.com/wts4CgG.jpg

Please advise, this happens on any pool i try, in both dual mining and ETH only mode, across multiple overclocks..

This is a soft crash; if you have already tried lower OC; it is most likely being caused by too low of a powerlimit.

7 x gigabyte 1070 FE, each at 120 pl and clocked +200/+1600, turns out this also happens in ETH only mode, not just dual mining.

any suggestions?

If you want to keep that OC, you will need more power. 120 is not enough to maintain that OC (based on from my experience with my 1070s) I had to give them at least 135-145 to do +200/1600 solo mining ETH.

i see, i was going by UberDaemon's settings since i ended up getting the same parts as his build.

Right now it should be more profitable to use genoil (which unless I am mistaken;  can only single mine) as you should be able to net at least +5% from Claymore single mode (with outright higher hashrate and no 2% fee).

I am not sure at all what the best way to avoid soft crashes is with genoil; if anyone can find OPT settings that are stable with high memory clocks let me know.

Currently testing it, but am noticing that it does not have the nice web API to connect too like claymore lol. I will get back with you later today with my settings.

Thanks man,
I just finished testing and for some reason the same overclock (200/1600) @ 125 pl while still soft crashes with genoil, it doesnt cripple the whole system to the point where i have to restart the rig, and for the same clocks it does hash around 10Mh/s faster.

BUT, i've noticed something else, Claymore now hashes SLOWER with CUDA 8 then with the previous version (218Mh/s vs 222Mh/s), and i was planning on dual mining, and now its slower?
OverEasy

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 09:52:55 PM

Ok I think I am on to something now. While on nvOC I opened the Nvidia tools and noticed that my 1070 was fully editable while the 1060 was not.

I had this card in another rig (NOT nvOC) and was able to control it with EVGA Precision so I know it CAN be done.

This is a very popular card right now, the 3gb 1060, so would be nice if we can figure out how to set clocks in nvOC

Thanks!
UberDaemon

Activity: 51

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 10:52:19 PM

any suggestions?

I have dialed my 1070 FE cards back a bit in order to find higher stability.  My current settings below have been running on my 1070 FE rig for 121 hours (for ETH-only mining):

core OC: 0 (I see absolutely no hashrate increase when mining ETH and OCing core speed)
Mem OC: 1450

Power Limit: 120W

Fan speed 90% (these Founders Ed. cards run very hot compared to my EVGA and MSI cards.  I had one die on me a few days ago after running avg temps of 62C.  I don't know if it was heat-related, but I bumped up my fan speeds after that just in case).

tempgoga

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:12:28 PM

any suggestions?

I have dialed my 1070 FE cards back a bit in order to find higher stability.  My current settings below have been running on my 1070 FE rig for 121 hours (for ETH-only mining):

core OC: 0 (I see absolutely no hashrate increase when mining ETH and OCing core speed)
Mem OC: 1450

Power Limit: 120W

Fan speed 90% (these Founders Ed. cards run very hot compared to my EVGA and MSI cards.  I had one die on me a few days ago after running avg temps of 62C.  I don't know if it was heat-related, but I bumped up my fan speeds after that just in case).

One died with avg temps of 62?!? holy hell i've been running these fuckers at 70c round the clock! these are an overheating nightmare indeed, i've been planing on buying 4 140mm case fans and slapping them on the intake side of the rid, cant hurt...
achalmersman

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:35:15 PM

You guys running reference style 1070s and mentioning 1400-1600 mem OC is this with only Samsung memory?  I cant seem to go much beyond 1150 on 5 MSI AERO cards with Micron memory which gets me about 30.1 MH/s.  Funny thing is on my desktop with an EVEGA SC 1070 with Micron memory I was able to push it higher in Afterburner and break over 32 MH/s.  It is now being used as my primary with 3 monitors so I dialed it back to 30.3 MH/s to keep from getting memory artifact.  Right now I am running 0 / 1200 in Genoil v17.  Seems to be holding.  I also havent noticed any improvement in core oc other than some slight improvements with 1060s in Windows using Claymore.  nvOC v17 is my first experience with Genoil.  Seems to be running good and the total hashrate seems to be higher.  But I miss seeing the individual card hash rate.  

Edit: I really wish I was smarter in Linux and was able to figure out how to overclock my gtx 970.  Its running in nvOC around 18.5 MH/s and I feel like I am giving up around 4 MH/s while pulling the most power of any GPU I have including the 1070s
tempgoga

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:49:18 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 11:59:54 PM by tempgoga

You guys running reference style 1070s and mentioning 1400-1600 mem OC is this with only Samsung memory?  I cant seem to go much beyond 1150 on 5 MSI AERO cards with Micron memory which gets me about 30.1 MH/s.  Funny thing is on my desktop with an EVEGA SC 1070 with Micron memory I was able to push it higher in Afterburner and break over 32 MH/s.  It is now being used as my primary with 3 monitors so I dialed it back to 30.3 MH/s to keep from getting memory artifact.  Right now I am running 0 / 1200 in Genoil v17.  Seems to be holding.  I also havent noticed any improvement in core oc other than some slight improvements with 1060s in Windows using Claymore.  nvOC v17 is my first experience with Genoil.  Seems to be running good and the total hashrate seems to be higher.  But I miss seeing the individual card hash rate.  

Edit: I really wish I was smarter in Linux and was able to figure out how to overclock my gtx 970.  Its running in nvOC around 18.5 MH/s and I feel like I am giving up around 4 MH/s while pulling the most power of any GPU I have including the 1070s

I honestly have no clue how to check for samsung/micron in ubuntu..
WarwickNZ

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:31:19 AM

Hi,

Great work on the new release Smiley

Couple of things...just testing on a small 3 card EVGA SC 1070 rig with a Z270-AR, getting great results with genoil on ETH, solid 95.94 MH/s @ 102W -200 core +1400 mem, 12 hours so far see how it goes.

Had an issue where it clearly didn't like the IPName config as it wouldn't connect to stratum till I changed it to another worker name on ethermine.

Request
Would it be possible to preconfigure team viewer for LAN only unattended access? This for me at least would make deployments much easier as the configuration of teamviewer is the only step where I am required to manually attach a screen. It would brilliant if I could do all configuration before hand then go drop it on a rack and connect remotely. It could then be as simple as setting DHCP reservations and upon identifying an issue on the mining pool, punch in the worker name on teamviewer (IP address) and away you go.

Request
Any scope to add a proxy to the image with a switch in onebash? I don't have much experience on the best one to choose but to me it just makes sense to try and build networks this way.  

If the release cycles continue to be short i'm not going to be able to keep up by lugging a screen to all the rigs, if you have an alternate solution you might be able to recommend instead of Request 1 that would be great too Smiley

Many thanks for the hard work as always.  
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 01:58:24 AM

Anyone else have problems with Nanopool right now? It seems to be calculating the hash but not getting a reported hash. It is also still receiving shares and going over to genoil it is also saying accepted shares.

https://eth.nanopool.org/account/0xdc04faa92bb8fa95ed93a4a48bb72554985a97f2 to see what I'm talking about.

I have seen this type of front end fail before: should resolve itself if it hasn't already.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:06:12 AM

Clock speeds not working on second card.

Where is gpu:1 ?

My oneBash -

INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"         # YES NO

# Set individual clocks here if INDIVIDUAL_CLOCKS="YES"
__CORE_OVERCLOCK_0=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_0=350

__CORE_OVERCLOCK_1=100
MEMORY_OVERCLOCK_1=800

Thought maybe my USB was too slow so I changed oneBash to "slow" usb.
Same thing is happening. Clocks only getting set on GPU:0

Can't set fan manually at all.

Anyone have any ideas here?

Had this once and it was a bad image on the USB. Just re-flashed and was fixed. Was kinda weird but hasn't happened since.

You are not the first member to report this happening:  if you still have this image which produces this one GPU not setting its fan: please make these changes to oneBash and let me know what happens.

in the implementation section most likely line 483:

Code:
GPUS=$(nvidia-smi --query-gpu=count --format=csv,noheader,nounits | tail -1)

change this to:
Code:
GPUS=14

save, restart the mining process

If the problem is an indexing error: then the second GPU should have its fan properly set: however if you are using 2 GPUs; you should also see error messages for each cmd for 12 GPUs that you don't have.

If the second GPU does set the fans properly note its index number.

Let me know the result; and hopefully it will only take a new oneBash to fix this.

I made the change and here is my result. GPU:1 clocks still not setting

dos2unix: converting file /media/m1/1263-A96E/oneBash to Unix format ...

workername: 136

rig IP: 10.0.0.136
Power limit for GPU 0000:04:00.0 was set to 125.00 W from 125.00 W.

All done.
Power limit for GPU 0000:22:00.0 was set to 125.00 W from 125.00 W.

All done.
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found
No devices were found

Wed Jun 28 16:48:42 EDT 2017
Action: Installing daemon (12.0.76279) for 'systemd' ...
installing /etc/systemd/system/teamviewerd.service (/opt/teamviewer/tv_bin/script/teamviewerd.service)
Try: systemctl enable teamviewerd.service
systemctl start teamviewerd.service

'[gpu:3]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:3]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:4]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:4]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:5]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:5]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:6]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:6]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:7]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:7]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:8]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:8]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:9]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:9]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:10]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:10]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:11]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:11]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:12]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:12]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:13]/GPUGraphicsClockOffset[3]=100'.

'[gpu:13]/GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset[3]=100'.

Attribute 'GPUFanControlState' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:0]) assigned value 0.

'[gpu:2]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:3]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:4]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:5]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:6]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:7]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:8]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:9]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:10]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:11]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:12]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

'[gpu:13]/GPUFanControlState=0'.

Looks like the problem is with crazy indexing; not sure how that is happening with 2 GPUs.

Try this:

open the guake terminal (f12) and enter:
Code:
gksu gedit '/etc/X11/xorg.conf'

then select all with
Code:
ctrl + a

and delete; then:

copy this code and paste it into the xorg.conf:

Code:
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 1920 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" 3840 0
    Screen      2  "Screen2" 5760 0
    Screen      3  "Screen3" 7680 0
    Screen      4  "Screen4" 9600 0
    Screen      5  "Screen5" 11520 0
    Screen      6  "Screen6" 13440 0
    Screen      7  "Screen7" 15360 0
    Screen      8  "Screen8" 17280 0
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "CLB  fit Headless"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 83.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 76.0
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor1"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor2"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor3"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor4"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor5"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor6"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor7"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor8"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTX 1050 Ti"
    BusID          "PCI:01:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device1"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:02:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device2"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:03:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device3"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:04:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device4"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:22:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device5"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:06:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device6"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:07:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device7"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:08:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device8"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:09:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" "True"
    Option         "Coolbits" "31"
    Option         "Stereo" "0"
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-1"
    Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
    Option         "SLI" "Off"
    Option         "MultiGPU" "Off"
    Option         "BaseMosaic" "off"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen1"
    Device         "Device1"
    Monitor        "Monitor1"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen2"
    Device         "Device2"
    Monitor        "Monitor2"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "nvidiaXineramaInfoOrder" "DFP-3"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen3"
    Device         "Device3"
    Monitor        "Monitor3"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen4"
    Device         "Device4"
    Monitor        "Monitor4"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen5"
    Device         "Device5"
    Monitor        "Monitor5"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen6"
    Device         "Device6"
    Monitor        "Monitor6"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen7"
    Device         "Device7"
    Monitor        "Monitor7"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen8"
    Device         "Device8"
    Monitor        "Monitor8"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 1920 0
    Screen      1  "Screen1" 3840 0
    Screen      2  "Screen2" 5760 0
    Screen      3  "Screen3" 7680 0
    Screen      4  "Screen4" 9600 0
    Screen      5  "Screen5" 11520 0
    Screen      6  "Screen6" 13440 0
    Screen      7  "Screen7" 15360 0
    Screen      8  "Screen8" 17280 0
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
    Identifier     "Mouse0"
    Driver         "mouse"
    Option         "Protocol" "auto"
    Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
    Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# generated from default
    Identifier     "Keyboard0"
    Driver         "kbd"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor1"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor2"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor3"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor4"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor5"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor6"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor7"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    Identifier     "Monitor8"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:01:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device1"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:02:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device2"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:03:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device3"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:04:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device4"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:22:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device5"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:06:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device6"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:07:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device7"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:08:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device8"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    BusID          "PCI:09:00:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen1"
    Device         "Device1"
    Monitor        "Monitor1"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen2"
    Device         "Device2"
    Monitor        "Monitor2"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen3"
    Device         "Device3"
    Monitor        "Monitor3"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen4"
    Device         "Device4"
    Monitor        "Monitor4"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen5"
    Device         "Device5"
    Monitor        "Monitor5"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen6"
    Device         "Device6"
    Monitor        "Monitor6"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen7"
    Device         "Device7"
    Monitor        "Monitor7"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen8"
    Device         "Device8"
    Monitor        "Monitor8"
    DefaultDepth    24
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

Then save

Logout

login

Tell me if this works
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:12:05 AM

When running GENOIL is there a way to see card temperatures? I cant find any setting?
If there is no settings, is there any app that we can install ?
Thanks

GENOIL seems does not have a way to put it on screen like claymore however can do it manually by hitting F12 to open guake then typing "nvidia-smi" should show you all the GPUs watts, temps and loads

these are all the additional arguments that can be used with genoil:

Usage ethminer [OPTIONS]
Options:

Work farming mode:
    -F,--farm <url>  Put into mining farm mode with the work server at URL (default: http://127.0.0.1:8545)
    -FF,-FO, --farm-failover, --stratum-failover <url> Failover getwork/stratum URL (default: disabled)
   --farm-retries <n> Number of retries until switch to failover (default: 3)
   -S, --stratum <host:port>  Put into stratum mode with the stratum server at host:port
   -FS, --failover-stratum <host:port>  Failover stratum server at host:port
    -O, --userpass <username.workername:password> Stratum login credentials
    -FO, --failover-userpass <username.workername:password> Failover stratum login credentials (optional, will use normal credentials when omitted)
    --work-timeout <n> reconnect/failover after n seconds of working on the same (stratum) job. Defaults to 180. Don't set lower than max. avg. block time
    -SC, --stratum-client <n>  Stratum client version. Defaults to 1 (async client). Use 2 to use the new synchronous client.
    -SP, --stratum-protocol <n> Choose which stratum protocol to use:
        0: official stratum spec: ethpool, ethermine, coinotron, mph, nanopool (default)
        1: eth-proxy compatible: dwarfpool, f2pool, nanopool
        2: EthereumStratum/1.0.0: nicehash
    -SE, --stratum-email <s> Email address used in eth-proxy (optional)
    --farm-recheck <n>  Leave n ms between checks for changed work (default: 500). When using stratum, use a high value (i.e. 2000) to get more stable hashrate output

Benchmarking mode:
    -M [<n>],--benchmark [<n>] Benchmark for mining and exit; Optionally specify block number to benchmark against specific DAG.
    --benchmark-warmup <seconds>  Set the duration of warmup for the benchmark tests (default: 3).
    --benchmark-trial <seconds>  Set the duration for each trial for the benchmark tests (default: 3).
    --benchmark-trials <n>  Set the duration of warmup for the benchmark tests (default: 5).
Simulation mode:
    -Z [<n>],--simulation [<n>] Mining test mode. Used to validate kernel optimizations. Optionally specify block number.
Mining configuration:
    -G,--opencl  When mining use the GPU via OpenCL.
    -U,--cuda  When mining use the GPU via CUDA.
    -X,--cuda-opencl Use OpenCL + CUDA in a system with mixed AMD/Nvidia cards. May require setting --opencl-platform 1
    --opencl-platform <n>  When mining using -G/--opencl use OpenCL platform n (default: 0).
    --opencl-device <n>  When mining using -G/--opencl use OpenCL device n (default: 0).
    --opencl-devices <0 1 ..n> Select which OpenCL devices to mine on. Default is to use all
    -t, --mining-threads <n> Limit number of CPU/GPU miners to n (default: use everything available on selected platform)
    --allow-opencl-cpu Allows CPU to be considered as an OpenCL device if the OpenCL platform supports it.
    --list-devices List the detected OpenCL/CUDA devices and exit. Should be combined with -G or -U flag
    -L, --dag-load-mode <mode> DAG generation mode.
        parallel    - load DAG on all GPUs at the same time (default)
        sequential  - load DAG on GPUs one after another. Use this when the miner crashes during DAG generation
        single <n>  - generate DAG on device n, then copy to other devices
    --cl-extragpu-mem Set the memory (in MB) you believe your GPU requires for stuff other than mining. default: 0
    --cl-local-work Set the OpenCL local work size. Default is 64
    --cl-global-work Set the OpenCL global work size as a multiple of the local work size. Default is 4096 * 64
    --cuda-extragpu-mem Set the memory (in MB) you believe your GPU requires for stuff other than mining. Windows rendering e.t.c..
    --cuda-block-size Set the CUDA block work size. Default is 128
    --cuda-grid-size Set the CUDA grid size. Default is 8192
    --cuda-streams Set the number of CUDA streams. Default is 2
    --cuda-schedule <mode> Set the schedule mode for CUDA threads waiting for CUDA devices to finish work. Default is 'sync'. Possible values are:
        auto  - Uses a heuristic based on the number of active CUDA contexts in the process C and the number of logical processors in the system P. If C > P, then yield else spin.
        spin  - Instruct CUDA to actively spin when waiting for results from the device.
        yield - Instruct CUDA to yield its thread when waiting for results from the device.
        sync  - Instruct CUDA to block the CPU thread on a synchronization primitive when waiting for the results from the device.
    --cuda-devices <0 1 ..n> Select which CUDA GPUs to mine on. Default is to use all
General Options:
    -v,--verbosity <0 - 9>  Set the log verbosity from 0 to 9 (default: Cool.
    -V,--version  Show the version and exit.
    -h,--help  Show this help message and exit.

You can enter additional arguments after a space in the workername; for example if I was mining ETH, I would change:
Code:
ETH_WORKER="$IP_AS_WORKER"

to:

ETH_WORKER="$IP_AS_WORKER -v 9"

to set the log verbosity to 9

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:17:08 AM

any suggestions?

Right now it should be more profitable to use genoil (which unless I am mistaken;  can only single mine) as you should be able to net at least +5% from Claymore single mode (with outright higher hashrate and no 2% fee).

Thanks man,
I just finished testing and for some reason the same overclock (200/1600) @ 125 pl while still soft crashes with genoil, it doesnt cripple the whole system to the point where i have to restart the rig, and for the same clocks it does hash around 10Mh/s faster.

BUT, i've noticed something else, Claymore now hashes SLOWER with CUDA 8 then with the previous version (218Mh/s vs 222Mh/s), and i was planning on dual mining, and now its slower?

Nothing with CUDA for Claymore has been changed.  I have had CUDA 8.0 since v0013.  Any changes in Claymore performance are due to your pool or the Network as a whole.

When compiling genoil with the new CUDA implementation you modify 3 files (the new implementation) then compile the mining client.

I have had almost all soft crashes as well when trying to OC too much.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:19:30 AM

Ok I think I am on to something now. While on nvOC I opened the Nvidia tools and noticed that my 1070 was fully editable while the 1060 was not.

I had this card in another rig (NOT nvOC) and was able to control it with EVGA Precision so I know it CAN be done.

This is a very popular card right now, the 3gb 1060, so would be nice if we can figure out how to set clocks in nvOC

Thanks!

I have some of these cards / they OC fine; the problem you are having is with the driver recognizing your card for OC; I believe this is due to an abnormal indexing by your mobo.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:22:09 AM

Edit: I really wish I was smarter in Linux and was able to figure out how to overclock my gtx 970.  Its running in nvOC around 18.5 MH/s and I feel like I am giving up around 4 MH/s while pulling the most power of any GPU I have including the 1070s

I haven't really looked into genoil's arguments; it might be possible to get more info.

Maxwell OC support is not a priority for me; but I will add it to the list.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 02:33:12 AM

Hi,

Great work on the new release Smiley

Couple of things...just testing on a small 3 card EVGA SC 1070 rig with a Z270-AR, getting great results with genoil on ETH, solid 95.94 MH/s @ 102W -200 core +1400 mem, 12 hours so far see how it goes.

Had an issue where it clearly didn't like the IPName config as it wouldn't connect to stratum till I changed it to another worker name on ethermine.

Request
Would it be possible to preconfigure team viewer for LAN only unattended access? This for me at least would make deployments much easier as the configuration of teamviewer is the only step where I am required to manually attach a screen. It would brilliant if I could do all configuration before hand then go drop it on a rack and connect remotely. It could then be as simple as setting DHCP reservations and upon identifying an issue on the mining pool, punch in the worker name on teamviewer (IP address) and away you go.

Request
Any scope to add a proxy to the image with a switch in onebash? I don't have much experience on the best one to choose but to me it just makes sense to try and build networks this way.  

If the release cycles continue to be short i'm not going to be able to keep up by lugging a screen to all the rigs, if you have an alternate solution you might be able to recommend instead of Request 1 that would be great too Smiley

Many thanks for the hard work as always.  

I am working on a solution that will make all of these networking tools unnecessary; but there has been a lot of sidetracking.

For now this is the best solution for large deployments; even those without manual changes like yours:

get one rig working the way you want; configured how you want:

attach this usb to a windows pc and use hddrawcopy to create an image of that usb:

use this image to image all the rest of your USB keys.

Proxy capability can be added to the (future release) control application.

jmooney5115

Activity: 38

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 03:17:01 AM

I never could get my EVGA 1070 SC to OC. Is there a trick to this? I've tried every combination of OC posted here over the past 2 weeks and the speed never changed.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: