Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:27:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:11:07 PM

Do you mean you used HDDRawCopy and it didn't have this problem?  If so then there may be an issue with etcher.

I never used HDDRawCopy. seems like etcher is the problem although I am doin nothing else since flashing 0017 wich flashed flawlessly

I changed the format of the windows partition for v0018 which possibly is causing problems with etcher.  I will try to replicate this problem with etcher; for now with windows I would try HDDRawCopy and see if it works as intended.

I also am not sure if there is a problem with the resulting image; regardless of if etcher cannot properly eject the image afterwards.

I tested it again with flashing with etcher but without the ejecting tic. No luck with unmounting so shutdown windows. I've found the 1bash file but it takes like forever to navigate or nano into it. Cant mine musicoin right now but that is new to me so I will try to mine eth to see if this works as usual. never had musicoin config running so this might be my fault. but as said partition seems to be incredibly slow since 0018 you should check and maybe fix that.

HHDRawCopy seems to be linux only so I can't use that atm, the only linux I have is on the rig

e: executing bash also sloooow. please provide 0017 temporary
e2: oh i mistaken hddrawcopy is for win will try gimme a min...

HHDRawCopy is for windows only: its an exe: download it here  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ra23kLdr5lcWE0a1hHY0dnaEU/view

v0017 is still on MEGA:

https://mega.nz/#!w6JQ0aZY!jSY5KGuSeEm9Hzw_EtkMICNfMSlRBhaoocrXUf7Vkxc

What USB key are you using?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fk1

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:22:05 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2017, 08:43:23 PM by fk1

I tried with hddrawcopy and things are speedy again. I am using a 32gb usb 3.0 stick. you need the exact vendor/model/FW?

edit: terminated terminal process and restarted 1bash manually. this thing stops after setting up GPU Clocks. like freeze.

e: MEGA download limit and hassle aint cool
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 08:24:34 PM

saflter your newest version of switch was causing problems when run with a monitor connected (LOCAL); I would recommend relying on the:

IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG

to handle miner crashes / 0 hashrates. 

I spent a couple hours testing this, and it is very effective; it is worth noting that it currently only works when the mining process is launched in a screen ( I will make it work for all the clients even when run locally soon: so don't spend a lot of time upgrading rigs with this)

I've been laying low the past few days, doing stability checks.  Unloading/reloading the driver while switching hasn't completely eliminated crashes, so I'm thinking that a watchdog process would work better.

My latest commit comments out the GPU-resetting code, and also logs whenever it switches coins to algo-log.  I definitely need to look into the existing watchdog code, as it seems that avoiding crashes is nearly impossible.  I'm not even overclocking my cards, except for one algo (daggerhashimoto) where the GPU is underclocked and the memory is overclocked.  It seems that if a GPU is going to hang, it nearly always does so right after an algo switch.  If it doesn't hang then, it'll most likely run indefinitely.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Nexillus

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:43:24 PM

Fullzero, IAmNotAJeep or Maxximus007,

Have a question on the watchdog script. I noticed it has triggered twice in the last 24 hours but not sure why as it seems there is not much information within the logs to try to troubleshoot.

The one I am getting is: utilization is too low; reviving did not work so restarting system in 10 seconds. With the restart knocks the miner out for about 20 minutes. I am trying to figure out what is going on and only started having this happen when I went to VER18. I changed the utilization under the script to 80 instead of 90 today to see if that helps.

I appreciate any help or insight into the possible problem, as with the restarts wipes out the other logs.

I have noticed a problem when using both PROFIT_SWITCHING and or WATCHDOG together; I will make changes to the next 1bash to fix it.

It is also possible that the timeouts between checks in the WATCHDOG should be relaxed when mining Ethash COINs.  Or relaxed in general.

If the timing is right; PROFIT_SWITCHING will switch close to the WATCHDOG check and a low utilization will be detected. 

I will make a flag for both IN-SWITCHING and DAG-BUILDING to prevent this in the next 1bash.

What COIN selection are you using or are you using SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING?

I am not currently using SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING since Ethash is so close with the profit switching right now.
DJ ACK

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:08:07 PM

just a quick one

ASUS PRIME Z270-A (7x gpu: 9x if you use 2x m2 adapters) Link

does not work with 9 GPUs even though it has 2x m2 slots

unless someone knows some magical trick?

Did you change the bios settings as directed by the OP?

If you are using an ASUS PRIME Z270-A;

ensure 'Above 4G Decoding' is enabled in the bios.

Also ensure PTP aware OS: is set to 'Not PTP Aware' in the bios. 

Finally, ensure you 'Clear Secure Boot Keys' in the bios.

I am running 5 of these boards and do not have any issues.  This board appears to have the most PCI lane management features I have ever seen on a motherboard.  Be sure your M.2 slots are configured for PCI and not SATA.  Also, if you are using a SSD/HDD for nvOC, be sure you are not using a SATA slot that might be conflicting with the M.2 slot.   There is a chart for this in the mobo manual.  My 2 cents.
Deki1904

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:18:06 PM

Hi i added DeepOnion Mining in v17 without a Problem, but i cant get it working in v18

This is from v17:

ONION_ADDRESS="DijjrA5hMtFxuqt2U3BiF5gZ1sejxVQBFi"
ONION_POOL="localhost:3633"

if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/TPccminer/ccminer'
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

until $HCD -a x13 -o $ONION_POOL -u $ADDR -p c=ONION
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

and this here v18 are not working

ONION_WORKER="nv$IP_AS_WORKER"
ONION_POOL="stratum+tcp://kawaiipool.party:3633"

if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a x13 -o $ONION_POOL -u $ADDR -p c=ONION

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

also how could i Solo mining this coin by changing here the Parameters?
Just set localhost as Pool, but wehere to add the conf. for ccminer?

ccminer config for Onion?!
testnet=0
listen=1
maxconnections=30
server=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=18580
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

cheers

try:
Code:

Code:
if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

and let me know if it works

conf should be in the

'/home/m1/TPccminer'

directory

Working. How to set up solo mining for this coin over bath?

Thank you cheers
Nexillus

Activity: 169

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:22:05 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2017, 12:23:05 AM by Nexillus

Have a question on the watchdog script. I noticed it has triggered twice in the last 24 hours but not sure why as it seems there is not much information within the logs to try to troubleshoot.

The one I am getting is: utilization is too low; reviving did not work so restarting system in 10 seconds. With the restart knocks the miner out for about 20 minutes. I am trying to figure out what is going on and only started having this happen when I went to VER18. I changed the utilization under the script to 80 instead of 90 today to see if that helps.

I appreciate any help or insight into the possible problem, as with the restarts wipes out the other logs.

I have noticed a problem when using both PROFIT_SWITCHING and or WATCHDOG together; I will make changes to the next 1bash to fix it.

It is also possible that the timeouts between checks in the WATCHDOG should be relaxed when mining Ethash COINs.  Or relaxed in general.

If the timing is right; PROFIT_SWITCHING will switch close to the WATCHDOG check and a low utilization will be detected.  

I will make a flag for both IN-SWITCHING and DAG-BUILDING to prevent this in the next 1bash.

What COIN selection are you using or are you using SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING?

I am not currently using SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING since Ethash is so close with the profit switching right now.

Not sure what it is but I am rolling back to VER17 on this rig, as it just restarted again and then hard locked up after initial start-up showing a black screen then the flash drive was corrupted and refused to boot.

Just found out it may have been the flash drive the last 48 hours as it just died. LOL write errors all over it. I am testing now with a new flash drive.
marco89nish

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 10:05:42 AM

I've flashed image on USB stick but my rig wont boot to it, is says bootable drive not found. Same rig with same USB drive flashed with SMOS worked, any ideas why this wont?
fk1

Activity: 216

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 11:46:51 AM

ftr: Intenso Speed Line 32gb usb 3.0 v1.0

I flashed 0017 again today and unmounting was possible again so you definetly might reconsider using the previous filesystem.
flminer

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 02:55:35 PM

Just tried nvOC v0017 on an ASROCK X370 Gaming K4 motherboard and it does not recognize the hardware.

I don't have a x370 mobo and haven't added support for the chipset. 

You can do this by:

Click Ubuntu button on top left and type:

u

Click on software updater

Install updates

If you can't get ubuntu to boot:

If the bios posts; you can access the grub loader menu by pressing

esc

continuously while booting (note holding it down doesn't usually work), then select boot in recovery mode. 

in recovery mode:

Enable networking

then install updates from the cmd prompt:
Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade --yes

and reboot

this should ensure your build has all known system files for your system.

After booting in recovery mode (not even sure it is booting completely) get (initramfs) which I am not sure is the command prompt. Type help and and nothing there to enable networking. Try the sudo apt-get command line and says sudo: not found. Have not messed with since 1989 and do not remember any of it so will need a bit more help. Appreciate it
mraug

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:52:09 PM

Guys,

description on V0013 says:

"  dummy plug is no longer required "

Yet when I connect to my rig via team viewer I get a very tiny window (if no screen is connected to the GPU). Is there a workaround to this problem?

pixelizedchaos

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 03:56:43 PM

So when editing the coin sections I found out that you also have the alexis cc miner, I am curious, how do I go about calling the files for Alexis CCminer?

Currently I have it on the TPCCminer:

eppy

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:24:56 PM

Hi fullzero,

thank you for keeping this project alive and the constant updates.
I've been running 017 version on z270-hd3p gigabyte motherboard + 3 x 1080TI and a 1070 for almost 2 weeks now with no issues.

meanwhile does anyone have the issue with 018 version not working at all? ewbf does not even start. Most settings have been the same as from the onebash file in 017. Turned off most of the new additional features like watchdog and auto temp.
I've tried booting from an ssd as well as a 32gb sandisk ultra flair thumbdrive; I keep getting the error [Screen is terminating] at the end.

I understand the issue is most likely a configuration somewhere gone wrong, therefore it terminated before even trying to load ewbf miner, but was there such a drastic change from 017 to 018 that I missed out?

Would really like to find out if anyone faced a similar issue, so I iron it out and run ver 018.
Thanks!
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:42:18 PM

Hi fullzero,

thank you for keeping this project alive and the constant updates.
I've been running 017 version on z270-hd3p gigabyte motherboard + 3 x 1080TI and a 1070 for almost 2 weeks now with no issues.

meanwhile does anyone have the issue with 018 version not working at all? ewbf does not even start. Most settings have been the same as from the onebash file in 017. Turned off most of the new additional features like watchdog and auto temp.
I've tried booting from an ssd as well as a 32gb sandisk ultra flair thumbdrive; I keep getting the error [Screen is terminating] at the end.

I understand the issue is most likely a configuration somewhere gone wrong, therefore it terminated before even trying to load ewbf miner, but was there such a drastic change from 017 to 018 that I missed out?

Would really like to find out if anyone faced a similar issue, so I iron it out and run ver 018.
Thanks!

I have received many pm's with similar questions.

I think 2 things may be the case when members have such an experience:

LOCALorREMOTE has been set to:

Code:
LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"

When this is the case; the miner launches in a screen which is a background process and is not automatically attached to a local terminal. 

The purpose of this is to save time when SSHing in (mining process will not need to be restarted; it can just be attached).

If you are using a monitor always ensure:

Code:
LOCALorREMOTE="LOCAL"

or else you will have to manually enter:
Code:
screen -r miner

to attach the mining process to a terminal.

SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING has been set to:
Code:
SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING="YES"

When this is the case; the mining process launches in the guake terminal (press f12 to open) 

when:

Code:
LOCALorREMOTE="LOCAL"

If:

Code:
LOCALorREMOTE="REMOTE"

When this is the case; the miner launches in a screen which is a background process and is not automatically attached to a local terminal. 

Let me know if '1' is the case; if it not: please post your settings for:

Code:
COIN="ZEC"

SALFTER_NICEHASH_PROFIT_SWITCHING="NO"

Maxximus007_AUTO_TEMPERATURE_CONTROL="YES"

IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG="YES"

LOCALorREMOTE="LOCAL"
Deki1904

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:45:27 PM

Hi,

im trying to set up my miners for solo mining DeepOnion Coin.
On NVOC OS Ubuntu.

Is it possible to set up my Notebook Win10 for Solomining without Mining over my Notenbook, but as an instance?

Config?

rpcuser=user   
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.25
rpcallowip=10.0.0.45
rpcallowip=208.253.161.x
rpcallowip=173.77.148.x
rpcallowip=ANYOTHERMINERS
rpcport=3633
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

miner.bat:
Code:
ccminer.exe --algo=x13 -o localhost:3633 -u user -p x

And on ubuntu each miner?

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a x13 -o $MYWIN10Notebook_IP -u User -p x

Cheers
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:46:09 PM

I tried with hddrawcopy and things are speedy again. I am using a 32gb usb 3.0 stick. you need the exact vendor/model/FW?

edit: terminated terminal process and restarted 1bash manually. this thing stops after setting up GPU Clocks. like freeze.

e: MEGA download limit and hassle aint cool

I have tested etcher on windows and confirmed it is as you describe. 

For now I recommend only using hddrawcopy when imaging on Windows.

see:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg20172271#msg20172271

for what is most likely happening with your edit.

Let me know if this is not the problem.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:51:01 PM

saflter your newest version of switch was causing problems when run with a monitor connected (LOCAL); I would recommend relying on the:

IAmNotAJeep_and_Maxximus007_WATCHDOG

to handle miner crashes / 0 hashrates. 

I spent a couple hours testing this, and it is very effective; it is worth noting that it currently only works when the mining process is launched in a screen ( I will make it work for all the clients even when run locally soon: so don't spend a lot of time upgrading rigs with this)

I've been laying low the past few days, doing stability checks.  Unloading/reloading the driver while switching hasn't completely eliminated crashes, so I'm thinking that a watchdog process would work better.

My latest commit comments out the GPU-resetting code, and also logs whenever it switches coins to algo-log.  I definitely need to look into the existing watchdog code, as it seems that avoiding crashes is nearly impossible.  I'm not even overclocking my cards, except for one algo (daggerhashimoto) where the GPU is underclocked and the memory is overclocked.  It seems that if a GPU is going to hang, it nearly always does so right after an algo switch.  If it doesn't hang then, it'll most likely run indefinitely.

I have been testing different values / versions of the watchdog; and have found that the version on v0018 needs to be relaxed / slightly modified.  When this is done; the watchdog and your switcher work together well.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:01:53 PM

Hi i added DeepOnion Mining in v17 without a Problem, but i cant get it working in v18

This is from v17:

ONION_POOL="localhost:3633"

if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

until $HCD -a x13 -o $ONION_POOL -u $ADDR -p c=ONION
   do
   echo "FAILURE; reinit in 5" >&2
   sleep 5
done
fi

and this here v18 are not working

ONION_WORKER="nv$IP_AS_WORKER"

if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

then
screen -r miner
fi

also how could i Solo mining this coin by changing here the Parameters?
Just set localhost as Pool, but wehere to add the conf. for ccminer?

ccminer config for Onion?!
testnet=0
listen=1
maxconnections=30
server=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=pass
rpcport=18580
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1

cheers

try:
Code:

Code:
if [ $COIN == "ONION" ]
then
ADDR="$ONION_ADDRESS"

then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

and let me know if it works

conf should be in the

'/home/m1/TPccminer'

directory

Working. How to set up solo mining for this coin over bath?

Thank you cheers

Hi,

im trying to set up my miners for solo mining DeepOnion Coin.
On NVOC OS Ubuntu.

Is it possible to set up my Notebook Win10 for Solomining without Mining over my Notenbook, but as an instance?

Config?

rpcuser=user   
rpcpassword=x
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.25
rpcallowip=10.0.0.45
rpcallowip=208.253.161.x
rpcallowip=173.77.148.x
rpcallowip=ANYOTHERMINERS
rpcport=3633
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1

miner.bat:
Code:
ccminer.exe --algo=x13 -o localhost:3633 -u user -p x

And on ubuntu each miner?

screen -dmS miner $HCD -a x13 -o $MYWIN10Notebook_IP -u User -p x

Cheers

I am not familiar with this COIN; if you look at the website or OP they should have instructions on how to setup a full client with solo mining. 

Depending on how the dev's have setup their client; you may also need to setup a proxy server to get / send work from your full client.

If the COIN dev's don't have instructions for all of this; they should.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:03:50 PM

It is also possible that the timeouts between checks in the WATCHDOG should be relaxed when mining Ethash COINs.  Or relaxed in general.

Not sure what it is but I am rolling back to VER17 on this rig, as it just restarted again and then hard locked up after initial start-up showing a black screen then the flash drive was corrupted and refused to boot.

Just found out it may have been the flash drive the last 48 hours as it just died. LOL write errors all over it. I am testing now with a new flash drive.

What program are you using to image you USB key?

If your using a Windows build computer; I would use hddrawcopy for v0018.

Let me know if this is working with your new USB key.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:05:33 PM

ftr: Intenso Speed Line 32gb usb 3.0 v1.0

I flashed 0017 again today and unmounting was possible again so you definetly might reconsider using the previous filesystem.

I will most likely switch back to FAT after these problems with NTFS
Pages: « 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: