Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
hatch789

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 01:12:39 PM

Hi @fullzero

when I recently upgraded my rig to run nvOC 0018, it did something nasty to an ssd that was connected to the rig which had a Windows 8.1 install on it. I remember reading something after it booted about how it was doing something to Windows partitions, and now if I remove the USB stick so the BIOs tries to boot from the SSD it says something like "NO OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED".

I do like to be able to swap to Windows to try out different things - do you have any idea how I may be able to repair the SSD so Windows will boot again? Or do I just have to go through the pain of installing it from scratch and unplug it when I use nvOC?

Install from scratch.

Then make sure it is not attached or you will kill it

BUMMER! A warning would have been nice.

Newmz, I had the identical thing happen to me. Most likely what happened is the boot record was wiped out on the hard drive where you had windows installed. I have not tried to recover mine yet but it should be a very simple thing. I would try something before taking philipma1957's advice; I would try putting a windows install disk into your DVD or USB key. Then run a recover. There is also (if I recall) an FSISK /MBR you can run.

I am going to try this myself but your windows partition should be fine, you're just missing an MBR. -No big deal really!

So give that some googling and you'll find it's easy to recover. Otherwise when I get to it this weekend. I will try to recover mine and let you know what I did to hopefully fix the issue.

Thanks,
-Hatch -= http://UbuMiner.com =-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Parallax_

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 02:47:01 PM

The following can be handy for ppl using ssh for their rig. Add to your .bashrc file the following lines:
Code:
#Alias for the screens
alias miner='screen -x miner'
alias temp='screen -x temp'
alias wdog='screen -x wdog'

After the command 'exec bash' or logging out and in again you can type miner / temp / wdog to go to the respective screens directly.

It is better to add in .bash_aliases
salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 03:45:45 PM

Also I have noticed a problem when using both PROFIT_SWITCHING and or WATCHDOG together; I will make changes to the next 1bash to fix it.

Would this happen to be the problem where all the executables disappear, you can't log back in after logging out, etc.?  I noticed that earlier this week when I gave v18 a shot...something would happen after it had been running an hour or two to where it wouldn't respond to anything but either SysRq-B at the keyboard or a reset or power cycle.  Also, the GPUs appeared to still be under full load, but NiceHash reported no activity.  I still had v17 on its stick, so dropping back to it was no problem.

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
_Parallax_

Activity: 12

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 03:48:57 PM

There is an idea how to more standartize the logs of programs for further processing them in scripts, notifications and monitoring:

I propose to do:

1) Create file  .screenrc in /home/m1 with content:
#
acladd root
multiuser on
logfile flush 1
log on
logfile /tmp/miner.output.tmp
caption always
caption string "%{= RW} $STY | host: %H | For return to terminal press: Ctrl+a d | %m/%d/%y %c:%s | go go to the mooooooon Smiley "
#

2) In the 1bash file, replace the line of the
screen -dmS miner $HCD -S $ETH_POOL -O $ETHADDR:x -U
on
/usr/bin/screen -c /home/m1/.screenrc -l -L -dmS miner $HCD -S $ETH_POOL -O $ETHADDR:x -U

For genoil, I use this script:
telegram.sh
#====================
#!/bin/bash

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

/usr/bin/tee /tmp/totalhash.log < /dev/null
/usr/bin/tail -n 1 /tmp/miner.log | awk '{print $2}' >> /tmp/totalhash.log

TOKEN=YOU_TELEGRAM_BOT_TOKEN
TOTALHASH="$(/bin/cat /tmp/totalhash.log)"
TARGET="$(/bin/cat /home/m1/target.log)"

FAN=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=fan.speed --format=csv | awk '{print $1}' | tr '\n' ','|sed -e 's/,/  /g' -e 's/, $/\n/')
WATT=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=power.draw --format=csv | awk '{print $1}' | tr '\n' ','|sed -e 's/,/  /g' -e 's/, $/\n/')
TEMP=$(/usr/bin/nvidia-smi --query-gpu=temperature.gpu --format=csv | awk '{print $1}' | tr '\n' ','|sed -e 's/,/  /g' -e 's/, $/\n/')
UPTIME=$(/usr/bin/uptime -p)
sleep 2

if [[ $TARGET > $TOTALHASH ]]; then
    wget -O /dev/null "http://crierbot.appspot.com/${TOKEN}/send?message=Warning!!!
host $(cat /etc/hostname) too slow hash
ip: $(ifconfig | grep inet | grep -v inet6 | grep -v 127.0.0.1 | cut -d: -f2 | awk '{printf $1}')
$UPTIME
$FAN
$WATT
$TEMP
Total Hash: $TOTALHASH"
    else
        echo > /dev/null
fi

/usr/bin/tee /tmp/miner.log < /dev/null
/usr/bin/tail -n 10 /tmp/miner.output.tmp | grep MH/s | awk '{print $3, $9}' | tr -d MH/s >> /tmp/miner.log
/usr/bin/tee /tmp/miner.output.tmp < /dev/null
#=====================

I created the /home/m1/target.log file and entered the approximate value of HASH for RIG
In crontab, I added the line that is executed every 3 minutes
*/3 *   * * *    m1      /home/m1/telegram.sh

The script compares the value from the /home/m1/target.log file with the value that
the /tmp/totalhash.log receives from the file and if there is a difference, sends me a notification.

I hope that our community optimizes this script and writes more universal, which wil work with all mining programs.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:06:33 PM

Hi Fullzero,

what about extract all the wallet's altcoin address from 1bash and to put them in a specific file named wallet.cabinet ?

this way it would be easier when we want to upgrade the 1bash file for instance

cheers

Maxximus007 and lost_post have been pushing for the separation of settings and implementation, and then further OO breakdown of settings; for a while now.

I have an idea that should make things easier for both users, and powerusers alike.  The first version of it might not meet the OO target Maxximus007 and lost_post are looking to, but one step at a time.

This week I have been distracted by the BTC situation; and helping others remove their coins from exchanges. 

I highly recommend using a Trezor: https://trezor.io/ for a Bitcoin wallet; it is a clever device which allows you to use a paperwallet without exposing your private keys to the computer you are using.  I remember reading its development announcement post; and thinking it was exactly what was needed to enable the average user to have a secure way of holding and using BTC.

salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:10:13 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 05:34:28 PM by salfter

I'm planning to experiment with Salfter's NiceHash switcher, but by reading the relevant code in 1bash and switch, it seems that the individual OC settings (per card) defined in 1bash won't be used at all - only the ones set per coin, applied to all the cards. Since I have a mix of different cards, each one must take different core and mem OC values. I have an initial idea of the code changes needed, but before doing that, I'd like to check if there's another way to do that already implemented (which I missed), or something already being developed in that sense.

I've not gotten around to it yet, but I have an idea for how to enable per-card, per-algorithm settings.

I've updated the switcher to accept either an integer or an array of integers for the various overclocking settings.  If you use arrays, you can provide custom settings to each card.

https://gitlab.com/salfter/nvoc-nicehash-switcher/commit/7480fc8c04622277fb638b46c5337c183908d855

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 04:11:37 PM

Hi Fullzero,

what about extract all the wallet's altcoin address from 1bash and to put them in a specific file named wallet.cabinet ?

this way it would be easier when we want to upgrade the 1bash file for instance

cheers

Maxximus007 and lost_post have been pushing for the separation of settings and implementation, and then further OO breakdown of settings; for a while now.

I have an idea that should make things easier for both users, and powerusers alike.  The first version of it might not meet the OO target Maxximus007 and lost_post are looking to, but one step at a time.

This week I have been distracted by the BTC situation; and helping others remove their coins from exchanges. 

I highly recommend using a Trezor: https://trezor.io/ for a Bitcoin wallet; it is a clever device which allows you to use a paperwallet without exposing your private keys to the computer you are using.  I remember reading its development announcement post; and thinking it was exactly what was needed to enable the average user to have a secure way of holding and using BTC.

U can go to : https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s is really good to Smiley private key never leave the device !

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:12:13 PM

fullzero, can I mine Pascal Lite via NvOc? And can I mine it solo, without pool?

I will add Pascal Lite to the list; in general adding support for solo mining is less important than many other requested changes so I can add things like this to the list; but they are not a priority.  In general when looking to solo mine any COIN should have instructions on how to do so on their OP or website.
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:12:40 PM

I always check the temperature of GPUs, but nvidia-smi shows too many useless infoes, so I create an alias, it's very helpful.

Code:
alias t='nvidia-smi --query-gpu=index,name,temperature.gpu --format=csv,noheader'
output looks like:

0, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 70
1, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 72
2, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 65
3, P106-100, 79
4, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 68
5, P106-100, 77
6, P106-100, 78
7, P106-100, 71
8, P106-100, 73
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:17:01 PM

First off all THANK YOU Fullzero for nvOC v0018!
Simply love it!

I have a question - WhatToMine shows great rev for DGB-Groestl (DGB), but I can not mine DGB with Myriad-Groestl algo
It always trying to mine with Skein algo.
If I'm not mistaken nvOC has this algo for Diamond(DMD)
so, how DGB-Groestl could be mined?

I will add this to the list.
Arek

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:34:04 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to set temperature target for card instead of powerlimit? I have couple gtx 1060 cards that won't go below 97W when running in nvOC, which is 80% power limit, same thing is in windows no matter which tool I use, but when I use power target in windows and set it to ie.65C the cards power usage goes down to 80W. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find if there is a way to control temp target in linux. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 04:52:27 PM

Hi fullzero, I cannot save modified 1bash on Mac because the usb key is formatted as NTFS, do you have a plan to change from NTFS to FAT32 to support Mac?
mraug

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 05:12:02 PM

Does anyone have a problem with SRR?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but my rig keeps reseting every 2 minutes.

I see SRR option was added to the bash script, does it replace the script that I'm suppose to download from the Simple mining website?
neot76

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:21:23 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2017, 06:34:10 PM by neot76

Why did my hash rate mining ETH on Claymore 9.7 go from 23.5 on Windows 7 down to 18.9 on nvOC?  I have the power set to 94 and the mc set to 825.  Is the latest driver that bad for 1060 cards? I am pretty sure I have the latest driver on Windows.
jimmykl

Activity: 349
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 06:21:37 PM

Hi fullzero, I cannot save modified 1bash on Mac because the usb key is formatted as NTFS, do you have a plan to change from NTFS to FAT32 to support Mac?

You could try one of these solutions to read/write NTFS works https://www.howtogeek.com/236055/how-to-write-to-ntfs-drives-on-a-mac/ I have Paragon so I can read/write my BootCamp partition.
gs777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 07:54:54 PM

Simply love it!

I have a question - WhatToMine shows great rev for DGB-Groestl (DGB), but I can not mine DGB with Myriad-Groestl algo

Thank man I will appreciate this!
Can you also add Lbry for claymore dual mining?
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:32:49 PM

Hi @fullzero

when I recently upgraded my rig to run nvOC 0018, it did something nasty to an ssd that was connected to the rig which had a Windows 8.1 install on it. I remember reading something after it booted about how it was doing something to Windows partitions, and now if I remove the USB stick so the BIOs tries to boot from the SSD it says something like "NO OPERATING SYSTEM INSTALLED".

I do like to be able to swap to Windows to try out different things - do you have any idea how I may be able to repair the SSD so Windows will boot again? Or do I just have to go through the pain of installing it from scratch and unplug it when I use nvOC?

Install from scratch.

Then make sure it is not attached or you will kill it

BUMMER! A warning would have been nice.

Newmz, I had the identical thing happen to me. Most likely what happened is the boot record was wiped out on the hard drive where you had windows installed. I have not tried to recover mine yet but it should be a very simple thing. I would try something before taking philipma1957's advice; I would try putting a windows install disk into your DVD or USB key. Then run a recover. There is also (if I recall) an FSISK /MBR you can run.

I am going to try this myself but your windows partition should be fine, you're just missing an MBR. -No big deal really!

So give that some googling and you'll find it's easy to recover. Otherwise when I get to it this weekend. I will try to recover mine and let you know what I did to hopefully fix the issue.

My apologies; I had done a quick test to see if this would happen: but I realize now I needed to do a test with a standard option windows install; as I have used custom partitions will all the windows installs I have.  Embarrassed

I will add a warning to the OP; and add more logic to 2unix for v0019.

hatch789 is correct in that if you used a standard windows partition set; your primary ( C Drive ) partition is still on that SSD.  

A longer way to recover it with minimal risk ( and also make a backup of the primary partition ) You will need 3 additional SSDs of the same or larger capacity to do this:

Get SSD to be used as the primary partition backup ready:

Attach an already 1st booted nvOC USB key (make sure it is one that has already 1st booted so the same thing doesn't happen twice) and

an SSD that is empty or has data / an install you are willing to delete.

Boot the pc; and press the key for the boot menu, select the nvOC usb and boot

when it starts close the mining process and ensure the watchdog isn't running in the guake terminal (if it is select the tab and press ctrl + c to kill it)

go to the top right ( click Ubuntu button ) and type:

Disks

you should see a Disks application; click it to open

you should see the USB key and the SSD populate in the Disks app

select the SSD (its background should become orange)

at the top right of the application there is an icon with 3 horizontal lines

click this icon

and select Format Disk

set Erase to:  Quick

set Partioning to:  MBR / DOS

and Format the ssd

when it is done: underneath the orange horizontal bar that depicts the disk partitions:

click the

+

set Erase to:  Quick

set Partitioning to:  NTFS

click Create

when it is done shutdown the computer.

Make an iso Backup of the primary Windows partition:

Attach an already 1st booted nvOC USB key (make sure it is one that has already 1st booted so the same thing doesn't happen twice) and

the SSD that you just got ready and

the original SSD with the affected windows install.

when it starts close the mining process and ensure the watchdog isn't running in the guake terminal (if it is select the tab and press ctrl + c to kill it)

Disks

you should see the USB key and two SSDs populated in the Disks app

look at its partitions; if there are multiple then it is the affected SSD

if not and you see the single bar; select the other ssd from the list on the left.

select the primary partition: the largest and most likely furtherest to the right (its background should become orange)

underneath the horizontal bar that depicts the disk partitions:

click the

gear

select:

Create Partition Image

enter a title for the partition backup image ( leave the .img extention )

Save in Folder: select the Other SSD we got ready earlier

start imaging / enter password to authorize when prompted.

When imaging is complete power down and remove the affected SSD, the SSD with the created image and the nvOC USB key  ( make sure you mark the SSD with the created image for reference )

Make an new Windows install:

make a new windows install on another SSD which is the same or larger capacity as the one with the lost first partition.

just the initial install (no need to update or anything); ensure the primary partition is same size or larger as the one on the disabled ssd

When this is done, power down the computer

Restore the iso Backup of the primary Windows partition over the new Windows installs Primary partition:

the SSD that you just created the image on

ensure the SSD you just installed Windows on is still attached.

Disks

you should see the USB key and two SSDs populated in the Disks app

look at its partitions; if there are multiple then it is the affected USB

if not and you see the single bar; select the other ssd from the list on the left.

select the primary partition: the largest and most likely furtherest to the right (its background should become orange)

underneath the horizontal bar that depicts the disk partitions:

click the

gear

select:

Restore Partition Image

Select the Created Image from the other SSD

Click:

Start Restoring

and enter password to authorize when prompted.

When restoration is complete power down and remove the SSD with the created image and the nvOC USB key

Boot the windows SSD and see if it is a working version of your original install.

There are faster ways to do this with less SSDs: this way should minimize errors and be safe.

Bibi187

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

https://steemit.com/@bibi187

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2017, 08:35:49 PM

Simply love it!

Thank man I will appreciate this!
Can you also add Lbry for claymore dual mining?

U can dual ETH / LBRY, the coin name of LBRY is LBC, so just use DUAL_ETH_LBC.
Fullzero and the other primary free worker on this put a lot of work and have a lot to do. Read before ask ...

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:47:01 PM

I added logic based on Avarets experience with P106-100 (I don't have any of these so I am going on your report Avarets; let me know if these changes work)

Please let me know if there are any issues with these updates.

The script doesn't seem to start automatically.
If I run it manually there are some errors but mining process starts:

Code:
Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyFailed to connect to Mir: Failed to connect to server socket: No such file or directory
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

ERROR: The control display is undefined; please run `nvidia-settings --help` for usage information.

My guess is X isn't running; or isn't running properly.  
You've probably changed hostname? You have to add the new name to Xorg. If so, see http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2016/06/change-hostname-ubuntu-16-04-without-restart/

No, I didn't.
I reverted previous version of script with my desribed changes and it works again.

Also I can confirm that with updated script overclocking parameters for P106-100 are applied properly.

I will have to get some of these and figure out what is different with them.
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 21, 2017, 08:50:54 PM

The following can be handy for ppl using ssh for their rig. Add to your .bashrc file the following lines:
Code:
#Alias for the screens
alias miner='screen -x miner'
alias temp='screen -x temp'
alias wdog='screen -x wdog'

After the command 'exec bash' or logging out and in again you can type miner / temp / wdog to go to the respective screens directly.

It is better to add in .bash_aliases

There are lots of ways to do things in linux; but yes I agree its putting a square in the rectangle.  Is there any functional difference _Parallax_?
Pages: « 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: