Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
car1999

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:09:35 PM

I built djm34's ccminer with Cuda9 and found that it was faster than tp ccminer on ZCOIN. If you can confirm that, use djm34's as default zcoin miner.

Would you be willing to share how you compiled?  I got a bunch of "BIGNUM" errors when I tried to use -make.
How do we upgrade to CUDA9?  The instructions on their website didn't work for me:
Installation Instructions:
`sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-ubuntu1604_9.0.176-1_amd64.deb`
`sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1604/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub`
`sudo apt-get update`
`sudo apt-get install cuda`

Thanks for your help.

download openssl v1.0.2f from the offical website (look archive)
then copy the file bn.h (from crypto directory) to /usr/local/include/openssl
then try your last command (make or build) again.
yes, fix bignum issue this way.
for upgradibg to cuda9, I followed the guide in nvidia official website, it worked well, but took very long times.

you also need to modify Makefile.am by hand, replace _20 and _21 with _30.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbolivar

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:35:42 PM

Attribute 'GPUMemoryTransferRateOffset' (m1-desktop:0[gpu:12]) assigned value 300.

There is no screen to be resumed matching miner.

What coin are you trying to mine, with which miner? In v0019-1.3, the ZM miner (ZEC) points to an invalid path in 3main. I manually fixed that in the script (or you can fix the actual path). Or switch to EWBF which works out of the box.
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:06:47 AM

Some ideas for WTM Auto Switch :
WTM AUTO SWITCH is best to set for current profit and current difficulty in whattomine.com as the other 3 whattomine.com options are only show what was in the past.
It is looking for top profitable coin at the moment which usually is the coin with most drop in difficulty.

First of all dont use too many coins as it will make too many switches and you lose time,
WTM auto switch has the option to compare the top coin with current mining coin with the given difference in percent to avoid too many switches for small profits shown.
switching to better coin is good but too many switches means too many miner restarts and each miner get some time to get to optimum speed some thing from 10 to 30 seconds.

So We have some options here.
I tried these 3 combos, each has their own pros and cons, you should try and see which one you like more.

1- Two top coins with no jumpers (10-15 % difference)
This one is the most stable option with least switches as top 10 coins usually dont change too much.

2- Two top coins with 1 jumper (10-15 % difference)
In this strategy jumper is use as a helper to switch between the 2 top coins, because usually those 2 dont get more than 10% difference
so when jumper goes to top from buttom it helps switcher pick the higher coin with less than 10% difference

3- One top coin with 1, 2 or 3 jumpers (20-40% difference)
In this scenario you mine your favorite top coin but when a jumper coin goes hot and drop big difficulty your miner start mining it until its difficulty goes high and become no more profitable
the high difference percent is to avoid jumpers to switch with each other too many times.

I'm sure there are lots of more combos to use, so please share with us your strategies and thoughts .

P.S: Latest WTM Auto Switch does not support multi algo specific overclock (damNmad awesome work) For Now, I'm Workin on to find a workaround for it.
So set damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO" and find a mid level OC to cover all the coins you chose to mine.

In the early days of my mining, I always thought that having a WTM switch kind of thing will be suffice to get better yield, but the trouble is WTM json covers only very minimum (probably the famous) on their site when you request for json result.

If the whole purpose is to mine coins at low difficulty (or when difficulty dropped)! why can't we just mine and gamble the very new coins? HODL them until they get big? (don't need to completely mine them for days, a day or two should be fine).

For eg; PIRL is another ethash coin where the yield by the time of writing this message is 130 odd coins per 100 MH (nearly $10 in fiat currency)
           B2B is another upcoming coin based on cryptonight, which is also a underrated coin!

I know these may get famous or may be scrapped, but my point is even ETH/BTC/XMR also started just like the new coins, if we mine new coins for a day or two and hodl them, i think it would be a best bet on its day.

This is just my opinion guys, please feel free to add your thoughts Smiley

I have already added almost more than 10 coins after 19.1 update, if anyone thing there is a new coin in the market which is worth of mining for a day or two please do let me know, i will add it to 1bash as well.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
jlbaseball11

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:10:49 AM

WTM AUTO SWITCH is best to set for current profit and current difficulty in whattomine.com as the other 3 whattomine.com options are only show what was in the past.
It is looking for top profitable coin at the moment which usually is the coin with most drop in difficulty.

First of all dont use too many coins as it will make too many switches and you lose time,
WTM auto switch has the option to compare the top coin with current mining coin with the given difference in percent to avoid too many switches for small profits shown.
switching to better coin is good but too many switches means too many miner restarts and each miner get some time to get to optimum speed some thing from 10 to 30 seconds.

I tried these 3 combos, each has their own pros and cons, you should try and see which one you like more.

This one is the most stable option with least switches as top 10 coins usually dont change too much.

In this strategy jumper is use as a helper to switch between the 2 top coins, because usually those 2 dont get more than 10% difference
so when jumper goes to top from buttom it helps switcher pick the higher coin with less than 10% difference

In this scenario you mine your favorite top coin but when a jumper coin goes hot and drop big difficulty your miner start mining it until its difficulty goes high and become no more profitable
the high difference percent is to avoid jumpers to switch with each other too many times.

I'm sure there are lots of more combos to use, so please share with us your strategies and thoughts .

P.S: Latest WTM Auto Switch does not support multi algo specific overclock (damNmad awesome work) For Now, I'm Workin on to find a workaround for it.
So set damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO" and find a mid level OC to cover all the coins you chose to mine.

In the early days of my mining, I always thought that having a WTM switch kind of thing will be suffice to get better yield, but the trouble is WTM json covers only very minimum (probably the famous) on their site when you request for json result.

If the whole purpose is to mine coins at low difficulty (or when difficulty dropped)! why can't we just mine and gamble the very new coins? HODL them until they get big? (don't need to completely mine them for days, a day or two should be fine).

For eg; PIRL is another ethash coin where the yield by the time of writing this message is 130 odd coins per 100 MH (nearly $10 in fiat currency)
           B2B is another upcoming coin based on cryptonight, which is also a underrated coin!

I know these may get famous or may be scrapped, but my point is even ETH/BTC/XMR also started just like the new coins, if we mine new coins for a day or two and hodl them, i think it would be a best bet on its day.

I would like to agree, but I'm feeling a little burned by SIGT right now.  I am the proud owner of 10,000 SIGT, and they are not worth anything right now.  Hope they come back some how.
jlbaseball11

Activity: 66

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:01:39 AM

I built djm34's ccminer with Cuda9 and found that it was faster than tp ccminer on ZCOIN. If you can confirm that, use djm34's as default zcoin miner.

Would you be willing to share how you compiled?  I got a bunch of "BIGNUM" errors when I tried to use -make.
How do we upgrade to CUDA9?  The instructions on their website didn't work for me:
`sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu1604/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub`
`sudo apt-get update`

Thanks for your help.

for upgradibg to cuda9, I followed the guide in nvidia official website, it worked well, but took very long times.

Thanks that fixed the bignum error. 

I'm still getting errors though:
nvcc fatal   : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_60'

Is that because of not having Cuda9?

IAmNotAJeep

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:48:13 AM

I would like to agree, but I'm feeling a little burned by SIGT right now.  I am the proud owner of 10,000 SIGT, and they are not worth anything right now.  Hope they come back some how.

So I'm still skeptical as well... for one, switching just based on difficulty drop is not directly proportional to bitcoin yield (how I tend to measure).
I don't see the point of mining something 15% more efficiently if 90% of it is worthless. Your yield is not increased by 15% at all, but more like reduced 88.5% (this is with the 90% worthless assumption) - SIGT is a nice illustration (which I exchanged all for bitcoin during the last days of the feeding frenzy - but that was luck, not foresight).
Another point is that btc itself appreciates as well so you get secondary appreciation from your lower WTM/Nicehash yield.
I see the difficulty drop strategy only working in the context of established coins like eth, zec, xmr and a few others, taking less yield but at least having all your cycles count for something.
it's similar to passive investing where you distribute your resources to a few sectors which change in a cyclical fashion (and re-balancing periodically). In this analogy you're mining a 2-3 favourite coins with minimal switching - the switch threshold has to be a function of the diff drop AND bitcoin yield. When difficulty of coin X  goes down, I am already mining before everyone piles in - and if it's worth it, I can re-assign resources from coin Y to mining more of X.

My gut tells me this is the way to go, but I don't have a way to quantify it yet so it's just speculation at this point. Some sort of benchmark test would be good to set up over a month or so, but only when we have fully formulated strategies and a way to implement both.

In any case, I'm grateful for papampi for working on this, sharing his findings and clarifying his approach for all of us to absorb and comment.
It's easy to give opinions, he's actually doing the coding on this, so thank you! (even if I'm still skeptical Wink

car1999

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:01:06 AM

`sudo apt-get update`

Thanks for your help.

Thanks that fixed the bignum error. 

I'm still getting errors though:
nvcc fatal   : Unsupported gpu architecture 'compute_60'

Is that because of not having Cuda9?

edit Makefile.am, replace _60 with  _61
car1999

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:03:57 AM

I have already added almost more than 10 coins after 19.1 update, if anyone thing there is a new coin in the market which is worth of mining for a day or two please do let me know, i will add it to 1bash as well.

agree, mine shitcoins and sell them daily.
hurvajs77

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

Hi guys, I've a problem with changing coin. When change it and restart miners, so always got
Code:
GPU UTILIZATION:  Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:0C:00.0: GPU is lost. Reboot the system to recover this GPU
Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:0C:00.0: GPU is lost.  Reboot the system to recover this GPU

I must turn rig for a few minutes. After it is all ok and miner running...

8x 1080Ti
PL: 210W
OC Core: +20
OC Mem: -100
helpme85

Activity: 31

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:38:03 AM

Please give me 1bash version v0019-13. Thanks a lot.
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 11:04:05 AM

Hi guys, I've a problem with changing coin. When change it and restart miners, so always got
Code:
GPU UTILIZATION:  Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:0C:00.0: GPU is lost. Reboot the system to recover this GPU
Unable to determine the device handle for GPU 0000:0C:00.0: GPU is lost.  Reboot the system to recover this GPU

I must turn rig for a few minutes. After it is all ok and miner running...

8x 1080Ti
PL: 210W
OC Core: +20
OC Mem: -100
How do you restart miner ?
Do it this way :

Code:
pkill e screen
pkill -f 3main

papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 11:13:59 AM

Please give me 1bash version v0019-13. Thanks a lot.

1bash v19-1.3 default

FFI2013

Activity: 906
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:58:21 AM

I want to give nvOC a try but wondering if anyone is running asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard or do I need to change any bios settings thanks
Temporel

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:34:49 PM

I want to give nvOC a try but wondering if anyone is running asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard or do I need to change any bios settings thanks

if you are already mining with Windows 10 then it will probably work fine with nvOC.

Create a USB drive with the .img (16GB minimum and USB 3.0 recommended, the Sandisk is $15.00 on Amazon), unplug your ssd or HDD and boot with the USB drive after editing the 1bash file .

Cheap, easy and a really fast way to know if nvOC is for you.
djliss

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:34:57 PM

Hi all,

pretty new to this, got mining working great on windows mining zec on slushpool

searched vhigh and low and cannot find an answer on mining on a pool with nvoc any ideas on the config in 1bash for slush pool?

i'm using stratum+tcp://eu.zec.slushpool.com:4444

thanks in advance
Alienbert

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:35:13 PM

I have also provlems with 1.3

Same problem as user 123sss with screen terminated. No restart nothing.

On 1.2 all runs great.

Have someone a link for 1.2? I want to downgrade now.
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:51:52 PM

Any chance ccminer can be updated from 1.8.2 in the current 19-1.3 release to the current 2.2.2 release?  I tried mining MONA, but on my 1080Ti rigs, they just keep falling over after a couple of minutes.  I'm thinking it is due to the ancient version of ccminer that is packaged with 19-1.3.  Rigs running 1070s work fine with the 1.8.2 version.  Not even 190W Core at 0 and mem at -1200 can I get a rigs with 1080Ti's stable on MONA.

I tried downloaded the source code for 2.2.2 from github, but I was unable to compile it to work with 19-1.3.  Kept complaining about a missing Cuda Toolkit version 6.5 or some such nonsense.  Maybe someone smarter than me can whip up a pre-built image for linux of ccminer 2.2.2 that we can use?

Thanks!
mikespax

Activity: 362
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

What exactly is headless mode for? I notice my miner starts up WAY faster when I have this on in terms of setting the overclock settings.
Headless mode is for p106 gpu when you have no monitor attched,
But thats a good question

@fullzero
is it ok to use full headless with other gpus if we dont want to use monitor ?

I noticed individual OC settings don't work with headless mode on, so I've stopped using it.

Bitrated user: mikespax.
cryptooutlaw

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 06:56:14 PM

New version of nvoc on H110, terminal launches ewbf but ends with screen terminated?

Last version I used was 17 but I dont think 17 works with H110 boards as it only sees 4 GPU's.

Anyone else get this message, ver 17 you can see the miner working.

Thanks
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:06:41 PM

Any chance ccminer can be updated from 1.8.2 in the current 19-1.3 release to the current 2.2.2 release?  I tried mining MONA, but on my 1080Ti rigs, they just keep falling over after a couple of minutes.  I'm thinking it is due to the ancient version of ccminer that is packaged with 19-1.3.  Rigs running 1070s work fine with the 1.8.2 version.  Not even 190W Core at 0 and mem at -1200 can I get a rigs with 1080Ti's stable on MONA.

I tried downloaded the source code for 2.2.2 from github, but I was unable to compile it to work with 19-1.3.  Kept complaining about a missing Cuda Toolkit version 6.5 or some such nonsense.  Maybe someone smarter than me can whip up a pre-built image for linux of ccminer 2.2.2 that we can use?

Thanks!

I was able to get stable hashrate by changing SPCCminer to TPCCminer per thread below from 1080Ti and 1070s, but the real problem is you get 1/2 of estimated payouts shown on the pool side (Suprnova). After mining for 2 days and mining less than the estimated payouts, I am back to ZEC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg22907544#msg22907544

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Pages: « 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 [226] 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: