Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417953 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 08:06:15 PM

Any chance ccminer can be updated from 1.8.2 in the current 19-1.3 release to the current 2.2.2 release?  I tried mining MONA, but on my 1080Ti rigs, they just keep falling over after a couple of minutes.  I'm thinking it is due to the ancient version of ccminer that is packaged with 19-1.3.  Rigs running 1070s work fine with the 1.8.2 version.  Not even 190W Core at 0 and mem at -1200 can I get a rigs with 1080Ti's stable on MONA.

I tried downloaded the source code for 2.2.2 from github, but I was unable to compile it to work with 19-1.3.  Kept complaining about a missing Cuda Toolkit version 6.5 or some such nonsense.  Maybe someone smarter than me can whip up a pre-built image for linux of ccminer 2.2.2 that we can use?

Thanks!

I was able to get stable hashrate by changing SPCCminer to TPCCminer per thread below from 1080Ti and 1070s, but the real problem is you get 1/2 of estimated payouts shown on the pool side (Suprnova). After mining for 2 days and mining less than the estimated payouts, I am back to ZEC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg22907544#msg22907544
Try Alexis ccminer in ASccminer
I got best results for lyra2REv2 with it, I use intensity 21 for 1070 and get 34-35 MH/s with mild OC

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:18:23 PM

Some ideas for WTM Auto Switch :
WTM AUTO SWITCH is best to set for current profit and current difficulty in whattomine.com as the other 3 whattomine.com options are only show what was in the past.
It is looking for top profitable coin at the moment which usually is the coin with most drop in difficulty.

First of all dont use too many coins as it will make too many switches and you lose time,
WTM auto switch has the option to compare the top coin with current mining coin with the given difference in percent to avoid too many switches for small profits shown.
switching to better coin is good but too many switches means too many miner restarts and each miner get some time to get to optimum speed some thing from 10 to 30 seconds.

So We have some options here.
I tried these 3 combos, each has their own pros and cons, you should try and see which one you like more.

1- Two top coins with no jumpers (10-15 % difference)
This one is the most stable option with least switches as top 10 coins usually dont change too much.

2- Two top coins with 1 jumper (10-15 % difference)
In this strategy jumper is use as a helper to switch between the 2 top coins, because usually those 2 dont get more than 10% difference
so when jumper goes to top from buttom it helps switcher pick the higher coin with less than 10% difference

3- One top coin with 1, 2 or 3 jumpers (20-40% difference)
In this scenario you mine your favorite top coin but when a jumper coin goes hot and drop big difficulty your miner start mining it until its difficulty goes high and become no more profitable
the high difference percent is to avoid jumpers to switch with each other too many times.

I'm sure there are lots of more combos to use, so please share with us your strategies and thoughts .

P.S: Latest WTM Auto Switch does not support multi algo specific overclock (damNmad awesome work) For Now, I'm Workin on to find a workaround for it.
So set damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO" and find a mid level OC to cover all the coins you chose to mine.

In the early days of my mining, I always thought that having a WTM switch kind of thing will be suffice to get better yield, but the trouble is WTM json covers only very minimum (probably the famous) on their site when you request for json result.

If the whole purpose is to mine coins at low difficulty (or when difficulty dropped)! why can't we just mine and gamble the very new coins? HODL them until they get big? (don't need to completely mine them for days, a day or two should be fine).

For eg; PIRL is another ethash coin where the yield by the time of writing this message is 130 odd coins per 100 MH (nearly $10 in fiat currency)
           B2B is another upcoming coin based on cryptonight, which is also a underrated coin!

I know these may get famous or may be scrapped, but my point is even ETH/BTC/XMR also started just like the new coins, if we mine new coins for a day or two and hodl them, i think it would be a best bet on its day.

This is just my opinion guys, please feel free to add your thoughts Smiley

I would like to agree, but I'm feeling a little burned by SIGT right now.  I am the proud owner of 10,000 SIGT, and they are not worth anything right now.  Hope they come back some how.

So I'm still skeptical as well... for one, switching just based on difficulty drop is not directly proportional to bitcoin yield (how I tend to measure).
I don't see the point of mining something 15% more efficiently if 90% of it is worthless. Your yield is not increased by 15% at all, but more like reduced 88.5% (this is with the 90% worthless assumption) - SIGT is a nice illustration (which I exchanged all for bitcoin during the last days of the feeding frenzy - but that was luck, not foresight).
Another point is that btc itself appreciates as well so you get secondary appreciation from your lower WTM/Nicehash yield.
I see the difficulty drop strategy only working in the context of established coins like eth, zec, xmr and a few others, taking less yield but at least having all your cycles count for something.
it's similar to passive investing where you distribute your resources to a few sectors which change in a cyclical fashion (and re-balancing periodically). In this analogy you're mining a 2-3 favourite coins with minimal switching - the switch threshold has to be a function of the diff drop AND bitcoin yield. When difficulty of coin X  goes down, I am already mining before everyone piles in - and if it's worth it, I can re-assign resources from coin Y to mining more of X.

My gut tells me this is the way to go, but I don't have a way to quantify it yet so it's just speculation at this point. Some sort of benchmark test would be good to set up over a month or so, but only when we have fully formulated strategies and a way to implement both.

In any case, I'm grateful for papampi for working on this, sharing his findings and clarifying his approach for all of us to absorb and comment.
It's easy to give opinions, he's actually doing the coding on this, so thank you! (even if I'm still skeptical Wink

In any case, I'm grateful for papampi for working on this, sharing his findings and clarifying his approach for all of us to absorb and comment.
It's easy to give opinions, he's actually doing the coding on this, so thank you! (even if I'm still skeptical Wink

Yep, @papampi is doing awesome job and @hurvajs77 as well, there is no doubt about it. I'm not completely denying the fact of using WTM, my whole point is not to just rely completely on WTM json coin list, as it is not just covering the whole bunch of coins which are mineable.

Like I said before, I was very much interested in mining the highest difficulty drop coins based on WTM (purely based on difficulty drop not the profit), so I had that smartMiner, but when looking into the new ANN pages, I have seen lot of upcoming potential coins (can't see them in the json)

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
MentalNomad

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:32:25 PM

Like I said before, I was very much interested in mining the highest difficulty drop coins based on WTM (purely based on difficulty drop not the profit), so I had that smartMiner, but when looking into the new ANN pages, I have seen lot of upcoming potential coins (can't see them in the json)

I think the strategy of mining alt-altcoins and then holding until they gain some traction has a lot of merit. Sure, you collect a bunch of losers, but a small number of big winners should rule the roost.

Important note, though: many alt-alt-coins get started before they are listed on an exchange, right? If that's the case, you'll never see them on a site like WTM, which pulls pricing from exchanges! If so, we must choose to mine them directly, and without a price reference. A large number of coins is the reward for supporting a project before everyone knows it has succeeded.

For recently-listed altcoins on exchanges, we also have the option of simply trading into them on the exchanges, which is probably quicker and easier than adding support from them in nvOC. Quite honestly, as time goes by, many of those coins will become deprecated garbage in 1bash... it's a bit inevitable, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to build the ecosystem around them. So adding these alt-altcoins, especially those that aren't listed on exchanges, seems like a waste of effort and the creation of future bloat.

Perhaps this is a good case for a "sidebash..." a file just for short-term speculative coin inclusion. Coins could be dated on entry, and after 90 or 180 days or something, a coin gets migrated into 1bash as a going concern, or gets dropped as a pointless coin.
kk003

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:39:30 PM

Some ideas for WTM Auto Switch :
WTM AUTO SWITCH is best to set for current profit and current difficulty in whattomine.com as the other 3 whattomine.com options are only show what was in the past.
It is looking for top profitable coin at the moment which usually is the coin with most drop in difficulty.

First of all dont use too many coins as it will make too many switches and you lose time,
WTM auto switch has the option to compare the top coin with current mining coin with the given difference in percent to avoid too many switches for small profits shown.
switching to better coin is good but too many switches means too many miner restarts and each miner get some time to get to optimum speed some thing from 10 to 30 seconds.

So We have some options here.
I tried these 3 combos, each has their own pros and cons, you should try and see which one you like more.

1- Two top coins with no jumpers (10-15 % difference)
This one is the most stable option with least switches as top 10 coins usually dont change too much.

2- Two top coins with 1 jumper (10-15 % difference)
In this strategy jumper is use as a helper to switch between the 2 top coins, because usually those 2 dont get more than 10% difference
so when jumper goes to top from buttom it helps switcher pick the higher coin with less than 10% difference

3- One top coin with 1, 2 or 3 jumpers (20-40% difference)
In this scenario you mine your favorite top coin but when a jumper coin goes hot and drop big difficulty your miner start mining it until its difficulty goes high and become no more profitable
the high difference percent is to avoid jumpers to switch with each other too many times.

I'm sure there are lots of more combos to use, so please share with us your strategies and thoughts .

P.S: Latest WTM Auto Switch does not support multi algo specific overclock (damNmad awesome work) For Now, I'm Workin on to find a workaround for it.
So set damNmad_ALGO_SPECIFIC_OC="NO" and find a mid level OC to cover all the coins you chose to mine.

In the early days of my mining, I always thought that having a WTM switch kind of thing will be suffice to get better yield, but the trouble is WTM json covers only very minimum (probably the famous) on their site when you request for json result.

If the whole purpose is to mine coins at low difficulty (or when difficulty dropped)! why can't we just mine and gamble the very new coins? HODL them until they get big? (don't need to completely mine them for days, a day or two should be fine).

For eg; PIRL is another ethash coin where the yield by the time of writing this message is 130 odd coins per 100 MH (nearly $10 in fiat currency)
           B2B is another upcoming coin based on cryptonight, which is also a underrated coin!

I know these may get famous or may be scrapped, but my point is even ETH/BTC/XMR also started just like the new coins, if we mine new coins for a day or two and hodl them, i think it would be a best bet on its day.

This is just my opinion guys, please feel free to add your thoughts Smiley

I would like to agree, but I'm feeling a little burned by SIGT right now.  I am the proud owner of 10,000 SIGT, and they are not worth anything right now.  Hope they come back some how.

So I'm still skeptical as well... for one, switching just based on difficulty drop is not directly proportional to bitcoin yield (how I tend to measure).
I don't see the point of mining something 15% more efficiently if 90% of it is worthless. Your yield is not increased by 15% at all, but more like reduced 88.5% (this is with the 90% worthless assumption) - SIGT is a nice illustration (which I exchanged all for bitcoin during the last days of the feeding frenzy - but that was luck, not foresight).
Another point is that btc itself appreciates as well so you get secondary appreciation from your lower WTM/Nicehash yield.
I see the difficulty drop strategy only working in the context of established coins like eth, zec, xmr and a few others, taking less yield but at least having all your cycles count for something.
it's similar to passive investing where you distribute your resources to a few sectors which change in a cyclical fashion (and re-balancing periodically). In this analogy you're mining a 2-3 favourite coins with minimal switching - the switch threshold has to be a function of the diff drop AND bitcoin yield. When difficulty of coin X  goes down, I am already mining before everyone piles in - and if it's worth it, I can re-assign resources from coin Y to mining more of X.

My gut tells me this is the way to go, but I don't have a way to quantify it yet so it's just speculation at this point. Some sort of benchmark test would be good to set up over a month or so, but only when we have fully formulated strategies and a way to implement both.

Yep, @papampi is doing awesome job and @hurvajs77 as well, there is no doubt about it. I'm not completely denying the fact of using WTM, my whole point is not to just rely completely on WTM json coin list, as it is not just covering the whole bunch of coins which are mineable.

@damNmad can you explain how you find  "the highest difficulty drop coins" in WTM.
I thought that the difficulty always kept or rose, never that it would come down.
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:40:34 PM

Important note, though: many alt-alt-coins get started before they are listed on an exchange, right? If that's the case, you'll never see them on a site like WTM, which pulls pricing from exchanges! If so, we must choose to mine them directly, and without a price reference. A large number of coins is the reward for supporting a project before everyone knows it has succeeded.

Yeah, I know they are not on WTM because they are not on exchanges; even in case of SIGT, while it was on ATH, it wasn't listed on WTM until more than a week or so. Many miners (myself) who depend on WTM has missed the opportunity to mine SIGT during that period.

For recently-listed altcoins on exchanges, we also have the option of simply trading into them on the exchanges, which is probably quicker and easier than adding support from them in nvOC. Quite honestly, as time goes by, many of those coins will become deprecated garbage in 1bash... it's a bit inevitable, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to build the ecosystem around them. So adding these alt-altcoins, especially those that aren't listed on exchanges, seems like a waste of effort and the creation of future bloat.

Perhaps this is a good case for a "sidebash..." a file just for short-term speculative coin inclusion. Coins could be dated on entry, and after 90 or 180 days or something, a coin gets migrated into 1bash as a going concern, or gets dropped as a pointless coin.

You are right, you can buy those coins on exchanges (only if they are listed on exchanges, if not they are just a pile of garbage). But how can someone judge whether a new alt coin will go to exchanges/garbage?  

Coming to 1bash, yeah lots of coins gets deprecated (like going POS or project being dumped/scrapped), not sure how to handle "sidebash", perhaps fullzero will have an answer maybe!

Well, if not many miners are interested in mining new ALT coins, I should put an end to this topic  Grin Grin Grin

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:47:57 PM

Any chance ccminer can be updated from 1.8.2 in the current 19-1.3 release to the current 2.2.2 release?  I tried mining MONA, but on my 1080Ti rigs, they just keep falling over after a couple of minutes.  I'm thinking it is due to the ancient version of ccminer that is packaged with 19-1.3.  Rigs running 1070s work fine with the 1.8.2 version.  Not even 190W Core at 0 and mem at -1200 can I get a rigs with 1080Ti's stable on MONA.

I tried downloaded the source code for 2.2.2 from github, but I was unable to compile it to work with 19-1.3.  Kept complaining about a missing Cuda Toolkit version 6.5 or some such nonsense.  Maybe someone smarter than me can whip up a pre-built image for linux of ccminer 2.2.2 that we can use?

Thanks!

I was able to get stable hashrate by changing SPCCminer to TPCCminer per thread below from 1080Ti and 1070s, but the real problem is you get 1/2 of estimated payouts shown on the pool side (Suprnova). After mining for 2 days and mining less than the estimated payouts, I am back to ZEC.

I got best results for lyra2REv2 with it, I use intensity 21 for 1070 and get 34-35 MH/s with mild OC

How do you setup intensity? Thanks for the suggestion, 1080Ti is hitting 63 MH with ASccminer where 50 MH with SC or TP ccminers.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
papampi

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 09:56:24 PM

Thanks!

How do you setup intensity? Thanks for the suggestion, 1080Ti is hitting 63 MH with ASccminer where 50 MH with SC or TP ccminers.

There is an option in 1bash

Code:
MONA_WORKER="$WORKERNAME"
MONA_ADDRESS="papampi"
MONA_POOL="stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:20593"
MONA_INTENSITY="21"

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:56:30 PM

...only if they are listed on exchanges, if not they are just a pile of garbage...
Seems to me, that comment missed the entire point of crypto (unless I'm misreading it). Does a currency have to be purchased through 3rd, 4th, and 5th parties to have value? Doesn't that make it more of a stricter commodity asset and not an actual currency? Do you purchase your daily-use currency (i.e, USD, Euro, etc.) on an exchange or do you trade goods, services, and/or work in order to receive it?

Think of yourself as the "treasury department" issuing the currency that people are going to want rather than the "wolf of Wall Street" chasing after "the next big thing" that others already have, and not only are you likely to have a more enjoyable experience mining, but a more successful and profitable experience as well.

If you fear speculation mining, then you've already lost more than you'll ever gain.  Wink

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
MentalNomad

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:27:10 PM

@damNmad can you explain how you find  "the highest difficulty drop coins" in WTM.
I thought that the difficulty always kept or rose, never that it would come down.

Big, well-established coins like ETH and BTC only go up over time, but that's because there is more and more mining power joining the pool. If people were leaving the pool, the pool's total hash rate can go down, and when it goes down, the time between blocks will get too large, and then the code will respond by lowering the hash rate. The lower hash rate raises mining profitability, enticing miners to return.

If you look at WTM, the third column, labelled Difficulty/Nethash, has three figures for each coin. From top to bottom, they are:

1. Current difficulty.
2. Total network hashrate.
3. Change in percent (probably relative to 24 hours ago; I'm not certain whether this is change in hash or change in difficulty.)

Scroll down the list, and you'll find that there are a couple of coins who have had their nethash go way down; if the list is sorted by current profitability, you'll often find that some of the top coins (other than ETH and ETC) have recently had their hash or difficulty go down significantly.
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:27:22 PM

@damNmad can you explain how you find  "the highest difficulty drop coins" in WTM.

Sure, let me tell you this thing first 'Difficulty increases based on number of miners mining a particular coin'.

So, for lets consider KMD coin for an illustration :

For my configuration (8 x 1060G) WTM says I can earn 8.31 KMD and 0.00254 because the current difficulty has dropped 57.9% compared with 24h difficulty, but if difficulty reaches back to 24h value I can only mine 3.50 KMD or so, similarly if the difficulty increase may only get less coins

This thing only happens if the big farm holders switches to another coin (that's my assumption), so during that time if other miners try to mine they (may) get more yield with same electricity. The difficulty may not stay low for long time but its good to mine when it is low (24h low we should call).

Papampi's WTM switch also does the same thing but it doesn't look for difficulty drop, it looks for current high BTC revenue from the selected coins and switches to mine that coin.

Hope i explained it clearly, please do ask if you have any questions.

MentalNomad

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:35:21 PM

...only if they are listed on exchanges, if not they are just a pile of garbage...
Seems to me, that comment missed the entire point of crypto (unless I'm misreading it). Does a currency have to be purchased through 3rd, 4th, and 5th parties to have value? Doesn't that make it more of a stricter commodity asset and not an actual currency? Do you purchase your daily-use currency (i.e, USD, Euro, etc.) on an exchange or do you trade goods, services, and/or work in order to receive it?

No, it doesn't have to be purchased on a formal exchange to have value... but if it does have value a couple months into its lifetime, then it will be on an exchange, because people want the convenience of a formal exchange.

So it's a good indicator.

I don't purchase my daily-use currency on an exchange... but it is traded on exchanges, as are nearly all daily-use currencies. And whenever I trade goods/services/work with others who use different daily-use currencies, our interactions always go through one or more exchanges, whether we're directly involved, or not. I don't want to limit my interactions to only those employers/merchants/partners who use my preferred currency.
kk003

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:50:40 PM

@damNmad can you explain how you find  "the highest difficulty drop coins" in WTM.

Sure, let me tell you this thing first 'Difficulty increases based on number of miners mining a particular coin'.

So, for lets consider KMD coin for an illustration :

For my configuration (8 x 1060G) WTM says I can earn 8.31 KMD and 0.00254 because the current difficulty has dropped 57.9% compared with 24h difficulty, but if difficulty reaches back to 24h value I can only mine 3.50 KMD or so, similarly if the difficulty increase may only get less coins

This thing only happens if the big farm holders switches to another coin (that's my assumption), so during that time if other miners try to mine they (may) get more yield with same electricity. The difficulty may not stay low for long time but its good to mine when it is low (24h low we should call).

Papampi's WTM switch also does the same thing but it doesn't look for difficulty drop, it looks for current high BTC revenue from the selected coins and switches to mine that coin.

Hope i explained it clearly, please do ask if you have any questions.

Perfect explanation. Thx both @MentalNomad and @damNmad   Cool
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:10:17 PM

Think of yourself as the "treasury department" issuing the currency that people are going to want rather than the "wolf of Wall Street" chasing after "the next big thing" that others already have, and not only are you likely to have a more enjoyable experience mining, but a more successful and profitable experience as well.

If you fear speculation mining, then you've already lost more than you'll ever gain.  Wink

Not sure how you took just that line, I was just answering @MentalNomad about mining new coins (which are not on exchange yet) as @MentalNomad suggesting that instead of adding support to those coins in nvOC its better to get them when they hit exchanges. I'm trying to say that mining them when they are new and HODL them till they hit exchanges, if they get listed on exchanges well & good, if they didn't (if the coin gets scrapped) then they are just pile of garbage!

Hope it makes sense?

CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 03:21:23 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 03:34:03 AM by CryptAtomeTrader44

Hi papami,

I downloaded the new fullzero image (1-3) and applied your scripts that recently post here and I can not get your WTM_SWITCH script to run correctly.

I simply added my list of coins like this in the 1bash:
Code:
	WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="[ 'ZEC', 'ETH', 'VTC', 'HUSH','ZEN', 'ZCL', 'FTC', 'KMD','ETC',  ]"

changed the time between queries to 9 minutes:
Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_SYNC_INTERVAL = "9" # Time to sync with WTM for best coins

Added my URL from whattomine.com like this:
Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL = "https://whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=3&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=2&adapt_1070=true&adapt_q_1080=0&adapt_q_1080Ti=0&eth= true & factor% 5Beth_hr% 5D = 60.0 & factor% 5Beth_p% 5D = 240.0 & grof = true & factor% 5Bgro_hr% 5D = 71.0 & factor% 5Bgro_p% 5D = 260.0 & x11gf = true & factor% 5Bx11g_hr% 5D = 23.0 & factor% 5Bx11g_p% 5D = 240.0 & cn = true & factor% 5Bcn_hr% 5D = 1000.0 & factor% 5Bcn_p% 5D = 200.0 & eq = true & factor% 5Beq_hr% 5D = 860.0 & factor% 5Beq_p% 5D = 240.0 & Ist = true & factor% 5Blrev2_hr% 5D = 71000.0 & factor% 5Blrev2_p% 5D = 260.0 & ns = true & factor% 5Bns_hr% 5D = 2100.0 & factor% 5Bns_p% 5D = 310.0 & lbry = true & factor% 5Blbry_hr% 5D = 540.0 & factor% 5Blbry_p% 5D = 240.0 & bk2bf = true & factor% 5Bbk2b_hr% 5D = 3200.0 & factor% 5Bbk2b_p% 5D = 240.0 & BK14 = true & factor% 5Bbk14_hr% 5D = 5000.0 & factor% 5Bbk14_p% 5D = 250.0 & no = true & factor% 5Bpas_hr% 5D = 1880.0 & factor% 5Bpas_p% 5D = 240.0 & skh = true & factor% 5Bskh_hr% 5D = 53.0 & factor% 5Bskh_p% 5D = 240.0 & factor% 5Bl2z_hr% 5D = 420.0 & f actor% 5Bl2z_p% 5D = 300.0 & Factor% 5Bcost% 5D = 0196 & sort = Revenue & volume = 0 & back = current & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bittrex & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bleutrade & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bter & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = c_cex & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = cryptopia & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = hitbtc & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = poloniex & 5Bexchanges factor%% 5D% 5B% 5D = & yobit dataset = Main & commit = Calculate "

Then I saw in your files 1bash-edit and 3main-edit that it was necessary to add things in these two files,
then I added this in the 1bash:

Code:
# Mininumum difference in percentage to switch too many switches
WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE = "10"
and that in the 3rd:
if [$ PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH == "YES"]
Then
Bitcoin = "theground"
# Creating a log file to record corner switch
LOG_FILE = "/ home / m1 / 8_wtmautoswitchlog"
if [-e "$ LOG_FILE"]; Then
  #Limit the logfile, just keep the last 2K
  LASTLOG = $ (tail -n 1K $ LOG_FILE)
  echo "$ LASTLOG"
  echo ""
fi
echo "LAUNCHING: PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH"
echo ""

# = $ WTM_URL WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL
# = $ WTM_COINS WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS
# = $ WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE "
#export WTM_URL
#export WTM_COINS
#export WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE "

cat << EOF> /home/m1/WTM.json
{
 "WTM_URL": "$ WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL",
 "WTM_COINS": "$ WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS",
 "WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE": "$ WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE"
}
EOF

HCD = '/ home / m1 / PAPAMPI_WTM'
running = $ (ps -ef | awk '$ NF ~ "PAPAMPI_WTM" {print $ 2}')
if ["$ running" == ""]
Then
guake -n $ HCD -r PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH -e "bash / home / m1 / PAPAMPI_WTM"
Running = ""
fi
fi
at the location you indicate.

But first I had a line error 19 script WTM_AUTO_SWITCH, which I have corrected by going into the file wtm.json where I modified line 3 to put back the list of coins that I had already listed in 1bash:
Code:
 "WTM_COINS": "ZEC; ETH; VTC; HUSH; ZEN; ZCL; FTC; KMD; ETC";

Now I still have an error at line 81 of WTM_AUTO_SWITCH:
Code:
python WTM_AUTO_SWITCH
Currently mining coin: ZEC, profit: 265
New profits
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "WTM_AUTO_SWITCH", line 81, in <module>
    if newProfits [0] [0] == topCoin [0]:
IndexError: list index out of range

and I do not understand what I see in the files WTM_top_coin and WTM_current_Profit because these selections of coins do not match mine and the scrambled does not correspond to what I can read on the site WTM

So I go back with my nvOC v19 image and mining on MPH.
Time of testing and mining loss: 3h.

can be that the stable and definitive version is not yet ready for a beginner like me ... or so I need more explanations on the operating mode, yet I thought I read your posts about this script and put the updates correctly.
So either the operating mode is too vague and then you have to reduce the number of intermediate stages so that limit the possibilities of errors, or there are still bugs in the scripts.

No doubt the last post of sharing your files updated has misled me too ... I should have done a backup before overwriting those in the image.
thaelin

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 04:17:34 AM

Just a curious here, I have a ASUS Prime Z270A M/B with 4 EVGA GTX 1060 SSC on it and decided to add another one. All
I accomplished was for one of the other cards to stop working. Running V19 1.2 and is doing great. Heading for a rack of 3
13 slot boards soon so would like to get an idea of what has to change to make it see all seven slots.
   Typical MB settings already done. This is the same situation that Win7 did to me except it would drop out to only 2 cards.

Ideas?

thay
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:23:07 AM

hey fullzero, after upgrading to 19-1.3 I noticed that watchdog and temp_control are writing to logs very often, especially the watchdog created 20k log in about 10-15 min...

I see that you implemented this for the web stats script but it is not a great idea to constantly write to USB sticks for longevity reason, slow-downs and running out of space very soon for those that use 16 GB sticks. We might need to find another solution to feed the web stats, maybe write output into few variables and recycle them after 10-15 entries?

Another problem I noticed is screen randomly not attaching to console in LOCAL and throws different errors, like screen terminated, screen miner not existing, multiple instances... I haven't had chance to dig in yet and see what's causing this, but there's definetely some bug here. I think few people reported similar problems.

For those that haven't upgraded to 19-1.3 I suggest not upgrading yet until new update is released to address these issues.

papampi

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 07:36:01 AM
Last edit: October 15, 2017, 08:02:27 AM by papampi

Hi papami,

I downloaded the new fullzero image (1-3) and applied your scripts that recently post here and I can not get your WTM_SWITCH script to run correctly.

I simply added my list of coins like this in the 1bash:
Code:
	WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS="[ 'ZEC', 'ETH', 'VTC', 'HUSH','ZEN', 'ZCL', 'FTC', 'KMD','ETC',  ]"

changed the time between queries to 9 minutes:
Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_SYNC_INTERVAL = "9" # Time to sync with WTM for best coins

Added my URL from whattomine.com like this:
Code:
WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL = "https://whattomine.com/coins.json?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=3&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=2&adapt_1070=true&adapt_q_1080=0&adapt_q_1080Ti=0&eth= true & factor% 5Beth_hr% 5D = 60.0 & factor% 5Beth_p% 5D = 240.0 & grof = true & factor% 5Bgro_hr% 5D = 71.0 & factor% 5Bgro_p% 5D = 260.0 & x11gf = true & factor% 5Bx11g_hr% 5D = 23.0 & factor% 5Bx11g_p% 5D = 240.0 & cn = true & factor% 5Bcn_hr% 5D = 1000.0 & factor% 5Bcn_p% 5D = 200.0 & eq = true & factor% 5Beq_hr% 5D = 860.0 & factor% 5Beq_p% 5D = 240.0 & Ist = true & factor% 5Blrev2_hr% 5D = 71000.0 & factor% 5Blrev2_p% 5D = 260.0 & ns = true & factor% 5Bns_hr% 5D = 2100.0 & factor% 5Bns_p% 5D = 310.0 & lbry = true & factor% 5Blbry_hr% 5D = 540.0 & factor% 5Blbry_p% 5D = 240.0 & bk2bf = true & factor% 5Bbk2b_hr% 5D = 3200.0 & factor% 5Bbk2b_p% 5D = 240.0 & BK14 = true & factor% 5Bbk14_hr% 5D = 5000.0 & factor% 5Bbk14_p% 5D = 250.0 & no = true & factor% 5Bpas_hr% 5D = 1880.0 & factor% 5Bpas_p% 5D = 240.0 & skh = true & factor% 5Bskh_hr% 5D = 53.0 & factor% 5Bskh_p% 5D = 240.0 & factor% 5Bl2z_hr% 5D = 420.0 & f actor% 5Bl2z_p% 5D = 300.0 & Factor% 5Bcost% 5D = 0196 & sort = Revenue & volume = 0 & back = current & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bittrex & Factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bleutrade & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = bter & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = c_cex & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = cryptopia & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = hitbtc & factor% 5Bexchanges% 5D% 5B% 5D = poloniex & 5Bexchanges factor%% 5D% 5B% 5D = & yobit dataset = Main & commit = Calculate "

Then I saw in your files 1bash-edit and 3main-edit that it was necessary to add things in these two files,
then I added this in the 1bash:

Code:
# Mininumum difference in percentage to switch too many switches
WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE = "10"
and that in the 3rd:
if [$ PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH == "YES"]
Then
Bitcoin = "theground"
# Creating a log file to record corner switch
LOG_FILE = "/ home / m1 / 8_wtmautoswitchlog"
if [-e "$ LOG_FILE"]; Then
  #Limit the logfile, just keep the last 2K
  LASTLOG = $ (tail -n 1K $ LOG_FILE)
  echo "$ LASTLOG"
  echo ""
fi
echo "LAUNCHING: PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH"
echo ""

# = $ WTM_URL WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL
# = $ WTM_COINS WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS
# = $ WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE "
#export WTM_URL
#export WTM_COINS
#export WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE "

cat << EOF> /home/m1/WTM.json
{
 "WTM_URL": "$ WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_URL",
 "WTM_COINS": "$ WTM_AUTO_SWITCH_COINS",
 "WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE": "$ WTM_MIN_DIFFERENCE"
}
EOF

HCD = '/ home / m1 / PAPAMPI_WTM'
running = $ (ps -ef | awk '$ NF ~ "PAPAMPI_WTM" {print $ 2}')
if ["$ running" == ""]
Then
guake -n $ HCD -r PAPAMPI_WTM_AUTO_SWITCH -e "bash / home / m1 / PAPAMPI_WTM"
Running = ""
fi
fi
at the location you indicate.

But first I had a line error 19 script WTM_AUTO_SWITCH, which I have corrected by going into the file wtm.json where I modified line 3 to put back the list of coins that I had already listed in 1bash:
Code:
 "WTM_COINS": "ZEC; ETH; VTC; HUSH; ZEN; ZCL; FTC; KMD; ETC";

Now I still have an error at line 81 of WTM_AUTO_SWITCH:
Code:
python WTM_AUTO_SWITCH
Currently mining coin: ZEC, profit: 265
New profits
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "WTM_AUTO_SWITCH", line 81, in <module>
    if newProfits [0] [0] == topCoin [0]:
IndexError: list index out of range

and I do not understand what I see in the files WTM_top_coin and WTM_current_Profit because these selections of coins do not match mine and the scrambled does not correspond to what I can read on the site WTM

So I go back with my nvOC v19 image and mining on MPH.
Time of testing and mining loss: 3h.

can be that the stable and definitive version is not yet ready for a beginner like me ... or so I need more explanations on the operating mode, yet I thought I read your posts about this script and put the updates correctly.
So either the operating mode is too vague and then you have to reduce the number of intermediate stages so that limit the possibilities of errors, or there are still bugs in the scripts.

No doubt the last post of sharing your files updated has misled me too ... I should have done a backup before overwriting those in the image.

Please  first check your wtm url
I see too many spaces in url, there should be none and I can not open it in browser, gives me a blank page
Test script with default url :
Code:
https://whattomine.com/coins.json

Alienbert

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:04:24 AM

Hi guys!

Is it possible to downgrade to V19 1.2?Huh  Huh

I think 1.2 is more stabil than 1.3
Also i think the 4.5 ZM miner got a better hash on pool than 5.1

Nice greets!!!
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:52:12 PM

Please  first check your wtm url
I see too many spaces in url, there should be none and I can not open it in browser, gives me a blank page
Test script with default url :
Code:
https://whattomine.com/coins.json

In fact, it's only the copy on my post at this forum that has spaces, that in my 1bash file does not,  and if I copy it to another browser, everything works fine :

Without ".json"
https://whattomine.com/coins?utf8=%E2%9C%93&adapt_q_280x=0&adapt_q_380=0&adapt_q_fury=0&adapt_q_470=0&adapt_q_480=3&adapt_q_570=0&adapt_q_580=0&adapt_q_750Ti=0&adapt_q_10606=0&adapt_q_1070=2&adapt_1070=true&adapt_q_1080=0&adapt_q_1080Ti=0&eth=true&factor%5Beth_hr%5D=60.0&factor%5Beth_p%5D=240.0&grof=true&factor%5Bgro_hr%5D=71.0&factor%5Bgro_p%5D=260.0&x11gf=true&factor%5Bx11g_hr%5D=23.0&factor%5Bx11g_p%5D=240.0&cn=true&factor%5Bcn_hr%5D=1000.0&factor%5Bcn_p%5D=200.0&eq=true&factor%5Beq_hr%5D=860.0&factor%5Beq_p%5D=240.0&lre=true&factor%5Blrev2_hr%5D=71000.0&factor%5Blrev2_p%5D=260.0&ns=true&factor%5Bns_hr%5D=2100.0&factor%5Bns_p%5D=310.0&lbry=true&factor%5Blbry_hr%5D=540.0&factor%5Blbry_p%5D=240.0&bk2bf=true&factor%5Bbk2b_hr%5D=3200.0&factor%5Bbk2b_p%5D=240.0&bk14=true&factor%5Bbk14_hr%5D=5000.0&factor%5Bbk14_p%5D=250.0&pas=true&factor%5Bpas_hr%5D=1880.0&factor%5Bpas_p%5D=240.0&skh=true&factor%5Bskh_hr%5D=53.0&factor%5Bskh_p%5D=240.0&factor%5Bl2z_hr%5D=420.0&factor%5Bl2z_p%5D=300.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.196&sort=Revenue&volume=0&revenue=current&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bleutrade&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bter&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=c_cex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=hitbtc&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=Main&commit=Calculate
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:32:47 PM

Hi !
i have the following problem with Asus 250ME - 19GPU  OC does not work
Cards are ASUS P106-100 6bg
Thank you in advance.

"OC Does Not Work" is not a pre-diagnostic.

Please give us your operating mode for your tests.
Please, give more details than "Does Not Work"

Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 ... 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: