Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:38:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people become homeless especially American Soldiers?  (Read 136 times)
Applechild (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 08:31:24 PM

I don’t understand but I keep seeing homeless people on Television especially in America. Is it the fault of the government, society, family, age or just about the individuals? As an adult I feel at a appoint we all should have plans for life and not just one but like it is usually said, Plan 'A' and plan 'B'. So that if plan 'A' does not work out, you fall back to plan 'B'. As much as I feel sorry for them, I don’t pray such on anyone. I just can’t imagine how it feels being homeless and depending on charity before you can have a meal. To such people, living in an apartment of your own is a treat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 09:10:04 PM

I don’t understand but I keep seeing homeless people on Television especially in America. Is it the fault of the government, society, family, age or just about the individuals? As an adult I feel at a appoint we all should have plans for life and not just one but like it is usually said, Plan 'A' and plan 'B'. So that if plan 'A' does not work out, you fall back to plan 'B'. As much as I feel sorry for them, I don’t pray such on anyone. I just can’t imagine how it feels being homeless and depending on charity before you can have a meal. To such people, living in an apartment of your own is a treat.

american soldiers arent banksters that print money, they run out of funds.

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:35:08 PM

Veterans usually vote Republican so obviously illegal aliens are more important than veterans, to those who love them some welfare..

Veterans also are often mentally wounded by what they have had to do and see, so many are mentally ill..
Those who hand out welfare may not see their healthcare as important as say, a good left voting illegal alien..

The military often does not leave you with the most useful skills for civilian life..
What they have been learning in their prime years is no economical match against a civilian who has been studying for a STEM degree, while the veteran ran 10 miles a day in his prime..
One of the many sacrifices they make..

It is Politically Correct to hate on veterans but adore some illegal aliens..

Veterans have it rough..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2018, 10:53:14 PM

Veterans usually vote Republican so obviously illegal aliens are more important than veterans, to those who love them some welfare..

Veterans also are often mentally wounded by what they have had to do and see, so many are mentally ill..
Those who hand out welfare may not see their healthcare as important as say, a good left voting illegal alien..

The military often does not leave you with the most useful skills for civilian life..
What they have been learning in their prime years is no economical match against a civilian who has been studying for a STEM degree, while the veteran ran 10 miles a day in his prime..
One of the many sacrifices they make..

It is Politically Correct to hate on veterans but adore some illegal aliens..

Veterans have it rough..
illegal aliens often support the economy that later is able to pay social security to those soldiers

Rumor

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 11:05:00 PM

It can be for a variety of reasons... Poor financial planning, Post-Deployment Trauma, etc. Soldiers go through and see so much that it can change the way they think/act which can lead to making poor decisions, etc.
adamantasaurus

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:48:50 AM

IMHO anyone that makes the conscious decision to join an organization that promotes killing and violence will only leave with the karmic result for that, that is why there are a lot of people that are homeless and have very rough lives because they made a choice and now they have to live with that choice I feel pretty bad for a lot of them (many are friends of mine (not homeless) ) but you really gotta be kinda messed up in the head to begin with to give your life over completely to a government and possibly die for it. It is just crazy IMO. Also the US govn't does a horrible job at taking care of veterans after they have used and abused them they no longer need them so they no longer really care.
SoiledDove

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 08:56:43 AM

I think people living alone are vulnerable. If there are two of you, you can always pool your resources and come up with the money to rent a small place. But if you're alone it's that much harder. There's a breakdown in the family after a certain time. Relatives don't necessarily live together and children separate from their parents by choice after a certain age, whether they break away to start their own family or not.  In economies where there are strong family ties, you can always shift in with a relative or make some semi-temporary arrangement. It's quite acceptable. It's not so common in the more advanced economies. So-called advanced economies, I suppose you can call them. Young people sometimes break with the family because of parental divorce or maybe abuse or alcoholism on the parents part. It's hard for them to get the finance to make a home. I think that there should be some rethinking of social housing schemes. There should be more units built for people living alone. In a strong economy, there should be a good, cheap public transport system and a social housing system which means that someone should be able to afford  a basic place to live, even if it's not very big. Some people may not approve of my views but when people are in a vulnerable stage of life, especially too young or too old, they should be able to have food and shelter at least.
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 12:05:13 PM

No money ..
Shaftdel

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:27:35 PM

This seems to be as a result of inadequate preparation toward such person(s). Government should raise up to such challenges in the society no only in America but the world at large

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌
The Exchange for the EOS Community!
ICO: 15th October - 20th November
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 02:33:59 PM

I think it is not that easy for soldiers to just come back and integrate to normal society after living in constant fear and war. That said, it won't be easy for them to have jobs especially when the only thing they have in their work experience is killing people off.
WRONG..Some real facts for you..

Where i live a civilian will be in more danger than a British soldier FACT..

We have more chance of getting shot.
We have more chance of getting knocked over by a car
we have more chance of getting robbed then stabbed
we have more chance of getting acid in our faces
we have more chance of getting blew up in a concert
we have more chance of getting our children raped and murdered
we have more chance of our homes getting robbed..

integrate to normal society after living in constant fear and war.   WAIT TILL THEY GET HOME   that's the real fear   trying to make a living Wink..
Soldier you get paid for being a soldier < how hard to be a soldier ?  not hard at all  as in it's not hard to find a job as a soldier  Wink..

Civilian you need to hunt for a job  and a good paying one or your working just to live with no fun in your life just BILLS Cry Cry..

a SOLDIERS LIFE is easy compared to a civilians   trust me you get fed in the army not as a civilian   you need to feed yourself..
That's why most soldiers find it hard after the army     no steady army pay or food civilian life and it's hard for some..

My friends went in the army come out and said where will i find a job in public life to drive a tank Cheesy..
He ended up learning the gas fitting trade  he said the army was a waste of time for him anyways  ..

I do respect a soldier though for giving his life for a few pounds..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: