Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:20:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hold or Sell  (Read 72340 times)
Ctn

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:00:09 AM

If you loosing money then that's the point where you kick start selling your bitcoins or whatever investment you have gotten. Always be at break even point even though you think you have invested lots of money. Holding is opportunity when the price is rising but the reverse is not. People keep saying that you should hold even though you are in loss because the prices recovers as the time will pass. For me that's not comfortable and I usually sell before it's too late.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:39:30 AM

I don't really know what to do now. The price is dropping fast and we are still quite far from the 1st August. I think the price will continue to fall, since a lot of people are "panicking" right now and selling all their bitcoins, and probably going to buy again, if things go well after the split.

Dontme

Activity: 798
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:06:08 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
But what is your process in this? How do you go about hold and sell timings?
Im not sure about selling it in short-term but it is much better and it is so sure in long-term. It is nice to wait patiently, wait until the highest possible peak.
That's how trading works it maybe go in the bad situation or maybe go in good situation. If you want to earn more profit then you must know how to use the pattern in trading. You must always look how's the condition of price for you to get the perfect timing.
basesaw

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:15:21 PM

In trading how do you know if it is time to still hold or is it the right time to sell? Do you go buy your profit margin  or actually wait for the highest possible peak?
For example if you're earning like 10% of your investment, would you just sell or would you be interested in waiting and seeing if it goes more up so you could earn more, in doing that its possible that it may go down and you then earn like 5-8%
Im not sure about selling it in short-term but it is much better and it is so sure in long-term. It is nice to wait patiently, wait until the highest possible peak.
That's how trading works it maybe go in the bad situation or maybe go in good situation. If you want to earn more profit then you must know how to use the pattern in trading. You must always look how's the condition of price for you to get the perfect timing.
I agree. It is much better if you hold it for a long-term then sell it if you are already satisfied with the profit that you can get. But, if you really need money as soon as possible, selling it in short-term is recommended. Hold for a while then sell if it reaches your expected value.
dan4354

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:23:10 PM

If you are talking about bitcoin i will always hold. But if you are trading altcoins, i would always sell in a beginning bear market.
I made that mistake to listen to people the say "hodl" "hodl". I went in with 1k to get into cryptocurrency trading and lost almost 50 % because i was holding my altcoins to long. If i had traded them into bitcoins the my loss would be just 20 %.

I know the market is bad now and almost everyone lost money, but you loose a lot less when you trade your more unknown altcoins into bitcoin or eth when the market begins to "crash"
just my opinion
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 01:44:03 PM

This time holding bitcoin is very good.Whether bitcoin price is going up and down.Especially to those holder of many bitcoins that I know in coming time bitcoin will be on expensive increase price.I know that time will be the launching of bitcoin is the famous and powerful currency  to all the world.But on the other side they are panic selling most of the needy one they are selling now because price now is high.
Holding your bitcoin for a long time is good as what you have told, bitcoin is stable so many try to hold it even small amount. Every decimal in Bitcoin was very important. It has value to own a bitcoin. Once you sell your bitcoins, nothing in return in your future. Bitcoin is still volatile so keeping your bitcoin in your wallet, your children or even you might thank you in the future.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2926
Merit: 597

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 08:42:44 PM

I think that bitcoin will fall even lower. So maybe now it needs to be sold, then to buy even more bitcoins cheaper.

I don't think so, I believe bitcoin will become even stronger these days. The price is quite good already and as long it will remain good at $2,00 there's no need to sell or think that it will go lower. Maybe it can go lower, there will always be a chance but I'm not think about it because I'm always being optimistic when it comes to crypto.
After all theres nothing to worry about ,bitcoins will bounce back and possible to have a new ATH price .Hold your bitcoins and keep safe your private keys . Holding in the future if you have a good amount of bitcoins can make you rich .

It is going to bounce back for sure, we don't have to panic and do the hype of selling our bitcoins. We are just giving those whales more time to buy a lot of bitcoins from their early profit when the price was at peak and they just sold. Most of the people that are panicking now are the newbies or new investors that has a thought of fear for this upcoming fork.

Right, I also believe in bitcoin and even if its price go down I will take it as an advantage to buy bitcoin. I have been saving in case something like this happen. These news and announcements about the split really got me worried for days. I was torn between deciding if I am going to hold or sell all of it. In the end, I decided that I’ll divide it and I have converted some in to fiat money. In case the split bring unlikely happenings. I still have cash and I still have bitcoin.

In the meantime, I decided to withdraw some of the fiat, not because of the split but because I needed some money.

All of us worried about this thing as most of the people starting to cause some panic. And we did have the same decision, I divided most of my bitcoins. But the bigger portion goes into selling as there's a need for my parents to buy something. But I still have some remaining on my cold storage and getting ready for this split.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:28:26 PM

Bitcoin price was continuously declining, maybe this is the right time to sell bitcoin. I think segwit has a large impact to the exchange of crytocurrencies in the market. Hoping that after segwit formally back to the normal the price of bitcoin.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 09:48:15 PM

Bitcoin price was continuously declining, maybe this is the right time to sell bitcoin. I think segwit has a large impact to the exchange of crytocurrencies in the market. Hoping that after segwit formally back to the normal the price of bitcoin.

On the contrary, when we see the price of bitcoin decreasing. It's much better to buy now and accumulate more. So hold and buy more instead of selling. Because of you sell now, there is a possibility that you may lost your investment. Personally, I don't sell when I seeing the price goes down. I just try to be patience and just hold.
Eminem23

Activity: 394
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 10:06:58 PM

On the contrary, when we see the price of bitcoin decreasing. It's much better to buy now and accumulate more. So hold and buy more instead of selling. Because of you sell now, there is a possibility that you may lost your investment. Personally, I don't sell when I seeing the price goes down. I just try to be patience and just hold.

I fully agree with you. Now is not the time to sell - the price is low. But now is a very good time to buy bitcoin. I'm sure that the purchase will pay off in just a few weeks
chineseprancing

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:13:57 PM

I fully agree with you. Now is not the time to sell - the price is low. But now is a very good time to buy bitcoin. I'm sure that the purchase will pay off in just a few weeks
Yeah your right man it's time to buy and hold bitcoin as investment, because in the future I believe that bitcoin increasing again. Moreover segwit is not a big deal because I was sure more investors want to steals their position in bitcoin.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 11:20:28 PM

Yeah your right man it's time to buy and hold bitcoin as investment, because in the future I believe that bitcoin increasing again. Moreover segwit is not a big deal because I was sure more investors want to steals their position in bitcoin.
Okay just hold your bitcoin until you see diminishing little by little your investment. However, maybe there's a chance to increase bitcoin amount in the future but I believe they can't reach again the $2500 .
Sponsoredby15

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 04:20:22 AM

Okay just hold your bitcoin until you see diminishing little by little your investment. However, maybe there's a chance to increase bitcoin amount in the future but I believe they can't reach again the $2500 .
Agree. Hold your bitcoin and just get an amount from it little by little. Don't get too much unless it's really needed. As much as possible, hold it until you can because there is a big possibility that its prices will get high.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 05:03:52 AM

Yes you are right. Now sell your bitcoin,  and wait until bitcoin price down. When the price down, its time to buy bitcoin and hold it. Iam sure after segwit bitcoin price can be hit the high price.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:03:13 AM

Yes you are right. Now sell your bitcoin,  and wait until bitcoin price down. When the price down, its time to buy bitcoin and hold it. Iam sure after segwit bitcoin price can be hit the high price.

this is another option for traders which want to buy in lower price. with selling right now, we can have usdt and wait until bitcoin reach lower price and then we can buy it. but if you don't want to sell right now, you can hold it like many traders do because the price in the end will be back normal and reach the high price like above me said.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
tecciztecatl

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2017, 09:14:36 AM

Sales are already the second month.
New peaks are not coming soon.
https://ibb.co/g0GV5F
HR
Legendary

Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:28:39 AM

This is something from a few days ago, but still very current.

https://steemit.com/trading/@cryptographic/crypto-in-freefall

DarkIT

Merit: 252

View Profile
July 16, 2017, 09:35:33 AM

this is another option for traders which want to buy in lower price. with selling right now, we can have usdt and wait until bitcoin reach lower price and then we can buy it. but if you don't want to sell right now, you can hold it like many traders do because the price in the end will be back normal and reach the high price like above me said.
Currently the price is continues down , I think the price will continue to fall until the time to segwit implemented. I prefer sold now and continue to buy later if the price has already hit the lowest price

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 02:32:18 AM

That’s a great piece of advice. Crypto trading undoubtedly requires too much patience. Currently, prices have dumped but soon they will pump. In addition to control emotions, it would be a great step to learn crypto trading in detail from YouTube and other sources.
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 04:00:48 AM

it depends on the coin and it depends on the timing and it also depends on how much i have at stake.
if it is bitcoin we are talking about, i hold and even if i am trading and miss the selling target i never worry since it will be reached sooner or later.

but about altcoins i usually dump them as fast as i get the profit. for some coins it is 10% and for some of them it is 70% to 100% but if i see the rise is still going i can always buy back in one of the dips and get more profit. but i never wait around if i get the feeling that dump is nearing i will dump faster than anybody else can. and so far i have been successful to make profit.
The decision is always depend on how you are going g to manage your tradings because there are different target price on every individual. One may sell bitcoin because it much better for them to earn a little or enough for an everday. But if you are going to invest much more time or a long scale trading its better to hold and to trust the development of bitcoin. There are many factors to sell or to buy bitcoin. And the changes of price is the common reason. So it's better to always monitor the price so you can have a better trading.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: