Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:37:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICBOOST Aftermath: What Now Must Be Done?  (Read 3784 times)
Alex.BTC

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:34:58 PM

Let me rephrase:

I personally have never said or accused or agreed to any accusation that BITMAIN is employing ASICBOOST for any purpose. Please do not accuse me of being a shill.

I am just chiming in to express my opinion on how divided the bitcoin community is, nothing else.

Let me rephrase:
Anyone who've followed Bitcoin news for longer than a week and still can't see this ASICBoost non-issue is just the same regurgitated half digested bullshit Blockstream pulled out off their collective ass, is either intentionally dishonest or just a complete dumb fuck.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:44:21 PM

I still think that we should work towards those goals, and not create a civil war amongst ourselves. I think we all want Bitcoin to thrive and suceed.

I try every day to have civil discussions based on facts.  I don't always succeed, sometimes I lose my cool.

I don't know if its paid shilling, non-paid shilling or brainwashing, but its very frustrating to try
to have the dialogue.

For example, the Lightening Network still requires large blocks (it says that in the whitepaper).
But you have people arguing against bigger blocks and for LN, and just repeating the
same thing over and over like Alex is talking about.

There's a few people that I disagree with but I can still have a conversation
with and then there's a lot of shills/idiots.

That's fine. I completely understand that, and I don't doubt that there are shills trying to promote one side or the other.

Let me rephrase:
Anyone who've followed Bitcoin news for longer than a week and still can't see this ASICBoost non-issue is just the same regurgitated half digested bullshit Blockstream pulled out off their collective ass, is either intentionally dishonest or just a complete dumb fuck.

Anyone who has a different opinion than yours, or that doesn't have an opinion, is either intentionally dishonest or just a complete dumb fuck. Got it.
Alex.BTC

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:46:00 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 09:08:28 PM by Alex.BTC

If you are referring to my proposal to decentralize mining again, I'm not in ANY way connected with Blockstream, or Core or anything. Not so much as a single PM shared with a Core dev ever, for example. You are just railing against an average member of the bitcoin community with your tirade.

No, I was simply referring to your fucking idiotic 'summary'.

Your side has lost, and is just digging a deeper hole for itself with every new denial, lie and obfuscation. I encourage newbies and those who have not followed this issue closely to read all that BU has to say - and also what the rest of us have to say, the reporting in the media and so forth. I rather doubt you'll be happy with their reaction once "Joe Average" digests it all.

What side? What the fuck are you even on about? Have you even read my earlier posts?
Even if you haven't, I am just pointing out facts here, but you're against facts that's why you think I am on the other 'side'.

See, this is the kind of scripted shilling bullshit that are just too fucking obvious.

Let's look at your bullshit 'summary' again:

Summary of the situation: Bitmain has been producing and mining with ASICs using an exploit that gives them a dramatic advantage over competing miners. This exploit is incompatible with Segwit, so Bitcoin Unlimited was created to gin up the appearance of public opposition to Core and place monopoly control over bitcoin mining and the protocol in the hands of Bitmain and associates.

Tell me genius, if the ASICBoost is incompatible to both SegWit and Ext Block, and Bitmain supported SegWit and now supports Ext Block, then how the fuck could you possibly jump to that idiotic conclusion base on 'This exploit is incompatible with Segwit'?

How the fuck does your mind even work?

andron8383

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:51:10 PM

Hahaha... fucking yea.
Gettin out of busnes companies that not use assic boost tech to cheat is bullshit.
With those miners hmm one asic company that they profit depend on not including segwit technology is joke. They don't want activate segwit to not lose profit same time they won't make any good progress and bug fixes because they want keep patented asics going.
Whole situation is in deep shit at end i have more respect to Core/Blockstreem than for Jihad miner company. Etherum will eat those big blockers without any knowledge about codding.
Whole fight about crypto scene will end faster than it start. Whole bullshit how BU devs are is joke.
Bitcoin won't go forward without good DEVs and Core are much better than BU for sure.
Give Jihad year more of trolling and he will get less than ETH gpu miners.

I don't give a fuck to miners that they all wasn't is $$$ at all cost even reckting industry.
Yea today we have 2 asics companies. One control 70% of market this is BTC problem and BTC fell that shit in price even. Every time Jihad open mouths price is getting down Cheesy
Only way to get rid of this cancer is USAF and like 51% activation. Then let BU have their own fork and lets move forward. Jihad will have own unlimited coin without devs without any progress...
Yea he can copy from CORE something... they not making patents.
Alex.BTC

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:56:11 PM

Hahaha... fucking yea.
Gettin out of busnes companies that not use assic boost tech to cheat is bullshit.
With those miners hmm one asic company that they profit depend on not including segwit technology is joke. They don't want activate segwit to not lose profit same time they won't make any good progress and bug fixes because they want keep patented asics going.
Whole situation is in deep shit at end i have more respect to Core/Blockstreem than for Jihad miner company. Etherum will eat those big blockers without any knowledge about codding.
Whole fight about crypto scene will end faster than it start. Whole bullshit how BU devs are is joke.
Bitcoin won't go forward without good DEVs and Core are much better than BU for sure.
Give Jihad year more of trolling and he will get less than ETH gpu miners.

Here is another shining example of a shill, when the shill can't refute the facts you posted, they just quote you anyway and repeat the same bullshit.

Watch how he even began his reply by "Fucking yea" hoping people is so fucking stupid they'd actually think I was agreeing with the bullshit that follows.

Again, the shilling is too fucking stupid and too fucking obvious.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:57:19 PM

Let's look at your bullshit 'summary' again:

Summary of the situation: Bitmain has been producing and mining with ASICs using an exploit that gives them a dramatic advantage over competing miners. This exploit is incompatible with Segwit, so Bitcoin Unlimited was created to gin up the appearance of public opposition to Core and place monopoly control over bitcoin mining and the protocol in the hands of Bitmain and associates.

Tell me genius, if the ASICBoost is incompatible to both SegWit and Ext Block, and Bitmain supported SegWit and now support Ext Block, then how the fuck could you possibly jump to that idiotic conclusion base on 'This exploit is incompatible with Segwit'?

How the fuck does your mind even work?

ebeliever right now:

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:11:38 AM

Bitcoin has just been diagnosed with ass cancer we need to be ready to take cemo.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4469

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:18:30 AM

Bitcoin has just been diagnosed with ass cancer we need to be ready to take cemo.

hardware efficiency has been around for 2 years+
segwit for 6 months

and one month ago Gmaxwell realises that going soft has setbacks that can only be remedied by giving in and finally doing a node consensus upgrade (allowing an opportunity to add features properly)
OR
pretend the hardware manufacturers went back in time and created segwit cancer.. before segwit was part of bitcoin, before segwit was even planned to go soft.
and then decide to not do a node consensus to add features properly and that would include dynamics... but do a node consensus to mandatorily add soft segwit with its glitches and a pool asic nuke..

it just makes no sense!!

but i am laughing at gmaxwells illogic to try playing the victim card rather than man up and do something the whole community would finally want

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:19:29 AM

Everyone knows what you are  Franky

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:21:31 AM

Everyone knows what you are  Franky

im much more informed and actually able to add content to a topic
your just mad that i am frank about how i say it..
yep im frank

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:53:21 AM

ASICBOOST is evil, it will result in a 100% China controlled Bitcoin once activated.

There is no more choice between BU and Segwit now, Segwit is ASICBOOST killer

So to answer OPs question: go for Segwit, unless BU is also fixing the ASICBOOST exploit Grin

Truth is the new hatespeech.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:55:13 AM

ASICBOOST is evil, it will result in a 100% China controlled Bitcoin once activated.

So to answer OPs question: go for Segwit, unless BU is also fixing the ASICBOOST exploit Grin

Just curious, are you open to other scaling proposals than Core's roadmap, or that's the only one you support?

Darkbot

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:55:35 AM

yep im frank, the biggest noob, troll and ***rolling-drums*** the ultimate paid shill at Bitcointalk!

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 01:59:43 AM

yep im the biggest noob, troll and ***rolling-drums*** the ultimate paid shill at Bitcointalk!

noob, lol i have been here longer then you and know more about bitcoin than you. yep i have seen your post history and had a chuckle

leopard2
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:01:05 AM

Just curious, are you open to other scaling proposals than Core's roadmap, or that's the only one you support?

At the moment I am open to anything that is incompatible with Asicboost

I was not smart enough to tell whether BU or Segwit was the better option, but I am also not dumb enough to fail to realize what Asicboost can do.  Wink

kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:02:24 AM

If the asshats know as BTC core had just done a hard fork , the decision would have already been made.
Instead they pick  the stupid soft fork option, which after all of these months is just wasting everyone's time.
Soft Fork = Stupid waste of time

So here is the Challenge to G.Maxwell & Core,

Release a Hard Fork of whatever Segwit Crap you are pushing to give the Banking Cartels control.
And lets really get this party started.

Enough of this bullshit banter between people speaking the truth and your lying ass shills.

Release a Segwit Hard Fork and let's take this Battle to the Next Level.

Cool
ebliever (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:02:50 AM

Leopard2, I wouldn't trust anything BU is saying right now, nor for them to follow through on any promises given their track record.

More fun reading:

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/850050651614715904

This is Bitmain's response to what they call a "smear campaign" (as the black pot would call it). But as you can see what the Twitter responses, no one is buying it.

Note that BitMain also whines about an army of paid trolls. Let's see.... their twitter feed shows everyone criticizing them, and every poll and survey shows them in a huge minority in terms of human beings (not hashrate). Yet the forums are filled with a handful of overactive zealots fighting tooth and nail on behalf of BU. Yet we're expected to believe that it is Core that has the troll army and not BU?

If that's the case, where are the economic majority that keeps voting via the BTC price (which spikes every time BU screws up), shows up on twitter and in surveys and every other medium the trolls can't dominate? Bitmain just can't help constantly projecting their own faults (https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/63qaps/a_list_of_all_the_bu_supporter_concocted/)

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:04:19 AM

At the moment I am open to anything that is incompatible with Asicboost

How about extension blocks?

Killerpotleaf

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:07:43 AM

I can spot the paid trolls so easily.
I've been here way to long....

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
leopard2
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 02:10:27 AM

Leopard2, I wouldn't trust anything BU is saying right now, nor for them to follow through on any promises given their track record.

More fun reading:

https://twitter.com/BITMAINtech/status/850050651614715904

Asicboost is like Ice-9 for Bitcoin

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ice-Nine

I do not care if they are honest or not, good or bad, I do not wish that anyone possesses the power to destroy Bitcoin.

If we go for BU now, there is no turning back, that is a final decision, it is like handing a chip of Ice-9 to Bitmain...

Thanks but no thanks  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: