Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beginning with 8xAntminer S9 {Project}  (Read 922 times)
Bourguiba (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:57:37 PM

Hello world.
I am a blockchain enthousiast who ordered 8 antminers from bitmain, they came this week to the customs of my country. In about 2 weeks i m finally gonna install my equipement (the place is all set up).
As i am new to all this, i would really like to have some advices. I even may do a full report with pics and all of the overall process of mounting this little operation.
So the 2 main questions that ask themselves are :
1. The miners costed a little fortune, so the primary objective naturally is to get back the invested money, right? How to do that? SHould i mine BTC or any other altcoin with SHA256 alogo?
2. If it s btc (which i prefer) - which pool to choose and why? I am not a fan of the chinese, nor of the whole "unlimited" thing. But i m open to all thoughts.

I hope that you guys won t be so harsh on me on my first post, and i m sorry for my bad english.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markasoftware

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 02:17:04 AM

1. You might want to look into a merged pool such as https://mergemining.com/ because they allow you to mine multiple sha256 based coins at once without any real cost to it. But, I don't really know how well they work.
2. If you do not choose a merge mining pool, only difference really is the small fees, so just choose something which signals what you support...if you like Unlimited, then do ViaBTC or something, if you do not like it, then choose something else, etc.

Check out MarkaPool.
Also check out my open source projects.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:43:32 AM

don't mine in the biggest pool myne in somehow the average good pool or p2pool which i find to be the best

and yes you shuld keep mining bitcoin, last tiem i checked other sha256 are inferior in terms of profit, you can maybe give a try from time to time to some new one but leave the old one behind they are not worth it

the roi time, depend on how much you payed, should be very long now, like 200 days, if diff remain the same and if electricity is zero, none of these are tue of course
LittleBitFunny

Activity: 1428
Merit: 129

The first decentralized crypto betting platform

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 10:29:28 AM

Hello world.
I am a blockchain enthousiast who ordered 8 antminers from bitmain, they came this week to the customs of my country. In about 2 weeks i m finally gonna install my equipement (the place is all set up).
As i am new to all this, i would really like to have some advices. I even may do a full report with pics and all of the overall process of mounting this little operation.
So the 2 main questions that ask themselves are :
1. The miners costed a little fortune, so the primary objective naturally is to get back the invested money, right? How to do that? SHould i mine BTC or any other altcoin with SHA256 alogo?
2. If it s btc (which i prefer) - which pool to choose and why? I am not a fan of the chinese, nor of the whole "unlimited" thing. But i m open to all thoughts.

I hope that you guys won t be so harsh on me on my first post, and i m sorry for my bad english.
Your English is fine.

You should mine Bitcoin or you could merge mine (but ideally Bitcoin, always good for decentralisation of the network).  If you don't like BU, I would suggest avoiding Bitmain pools (BTC.com, Antpool, ConnectBTC) and going for either a neutral pool or SegWit signalling pool.  I think Kano.is is neutral (might be wrong on that) and it's quite popular on the forum as it has low fees and only controls about 1% of the hashrate so it's not a monopoly.

You could look at Blockchain's pool hashrate distribution chart and check on a block explorer whether it's signalling SegWit.

As for making ROI, it's all about your electricity costs.  If you have no costs, some miners can get you ROI within 6 months, but that's unlikely.  If you have really high costs you might never ROI, and if you have moderately low or average costs you might be looking at about 2 years, unless the difficulty is too high.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: