Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you like to participate in another huge raffle? Only BTCC prizes
Yes. - 32 (74.4%)
No. - 4 (9.3%)
I was done with that after the first one. - 1 (2.3%)
Screw you and screw your money grabbing raffles. - 6 (14%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [The Raffle Of All Raffles III] Cancelled.  (Read 2775 times)
coin@coin
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:16:07 PM

Seen the second raffle had more participants (as different users) and also had more variation of coin manufacturers I'd say add more manufacturers to make it more interesting.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5910

Meh.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 10:25:07 PM

Seen the second raffle had more participants (as different users) and also had more variation of coin manufacturers I'd say add more manufacturers to make it more interesting.

While it was very fun doing that there were a couple of issues that I'll list below:

1. Fair market prices. Most makers/holders of collectibles often wanted above market price for their items thinking they'd make a quick buck using the raffle.
2. Getting all the makers to work under a timely manner meaning they'd all ship at the same time was a huge pain in the ass. Some of the prizes were sent out just weeks ago meaning it took over 3 months for them to ship out the winnings. Gives me a bad rep as the official holder of the raffle.
3. Shipping costs went out of hand since there were so many different items to many different winners that had to be sent out, something that using one or two entities to send out winnings is a huge benefit to keep cost of tickets down.
4. It was extremely time consuming organizing it all between 15 different holders of the coins. Keeping track of everything and making sure it went perfect. I lost sleep a lot of the nights just trying to maintain the situation, something I'd prefer not to do again.

Based on that I will not look to do another one of those raffles, sadly. Great idea but horrible experience organizing it.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 11:22:42 PM

Please feel free to comment below on whether you, the community, are happy with the idea of a (mainly) Titan Bitcoin Raffle, or whether you would prefer to stick to tradition and go with BTCC Products.
Personally, I cannot see the downsides from having a Titan BTC pair as the main prize of the raffle. They are trusted, made out of precious metals, have a large premium and are loaded. BTCC, while still a great company and would be a great addition as add-on or runner up prizes, cannot boast such. Along with FoS, I think this would be a fantastic prize pool.

2. Getting all the makers to work under a timely manner meaning they'd all ship at the same time was a huge pain in the ass. Some of the prizes were sent out just weeks ago meaning it took over 3 months for them to ship out the winnings. Gives me a bad rep as the official holder of the raffle.
3. Shipping costs went out of hand since there were so many different items to many different winners that had to be sent out, something that using one or two entities to send out winnings is a huge benefit to keep cost of tickets down.
Perhaps a middle man should be used to try and mitigate both of these issues? It would certainly make things a lot easier/cheaper for everyone should prizes only come out of one place rather than from their respective countries of origin.
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:29:11 PM

Run it already H. I am feeling lucky
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:33:26 PM

SHOW ME THE RAFFLE
Hhampuz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5910

Meh.

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:44:58 PM

Due to various reasons the raffle will most likely not happen. Sorry!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: