Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:44:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick question, 3 way crossfire rx 470  (Read 563 times)
Skzzik (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:17:29 AM

Hello, as the title says, I was wondering if I could do a 3 way crossfire with 3 rx 470. I have to wait about a month for my risers and I wanted to mine eth me an while. My mobo is a z97x-ud3h-bk. Thanks
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheBottomTurtle

Activity: 55
Merit: 7

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:11:03 PM

Plug all three cards into the x16 slots on your motherboard and mine away.  Crossfire has nothing to do with it.  You'll have temperature issues with the two cards that are right next to each other so I would suggest making sure there's plenty of airflow to that spot.

-TBT
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:48:25 PM

If you look around on the forum, just for example in philipmania topic you will find photos of perfectly working rigs with 4 GPU directly in the motherboard.
You can undervolt and maybe under clock a little bit if you have temperare issue, but it isn't anything impossibile to deal with.

That being said, using risers is more convenient and allows you to scale to more cards.

To conclude, crossfire is useless during mining, it's better to just mine with multiple independent cards attached to the mobo
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: