Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:48:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I mine pool and solo simultaneously?  (Read 306 times)
ramadi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:08:15 PM

I would like to know if anyone has tried and possible to mine in both modes, being that it would be mining pool with 4 rx 480 boards and mining solo with 1 rx 480 gpu. When a block is found, execute a command to close the mining In the pool and execute the command so that the 4 gpu start to mine soil, thus increasing the soil mining hashate, when finished processing the block, close the execution of the 4 soil plates and run again in the pool.
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:11:04 PM

I would like to know if anyone has tried and possible to mine in both modes, being that it would be mining pool with 4 rx 480 boards and mining solo with 1 rx 480 gpu. When a block is found, execute a command to close the mining In the pool and execute the command so that the 4 gpu start to mine soil, thus increasing the soil mining hashate, when finished processing the block, close the execution of the 4 soil plates and run again in the pool.

You could do this, but why?

Why not just mine all your gpus at http://ethpool.org/? It's a solo mining pool.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:43:51 AM

I'd think it's not possible since pool mining and solomining is vastly different but someone could correct me.

Not your keys, not your coins!
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 12:54:17 AM

Do you think you can steal the block from the pool by doing this?  You can't.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: