Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:01:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if bitcoin dies, what alt would you go for?  (Read 11317 times)
BiTZeD

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 12:51:02 PM

I would go for Ethereum, no question asked ! I believe this is the second greatest crypto-currency after Bitcoin. It has a great use case, a great support and a great safeness and set of services. A good crypto-currency in short.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solowhizkid

Activity: 494
Merit: 252

Warning: ICEBreaker on this Forum is a troll!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:41:59 PM

I would without any doubt go with DASH (https://www.dash.org), its what bitcoin was meant to be!! Enough said! Bitcoin's days are numbered .... and those that understand cryptocurrency well and want to save their investments the best most sane move to make would be to DASH, once the Evolution release kicks in (https://www.dash.org/evolution/) and the masses adopt it for everyday use then you will see a big reversal and bitcoin will be priced in Dash!
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:51:38 PM

I do not need red letters and stuff to clearly state that Ardor solves the scalability issue as no other crypto-currency is doing at the moment.
spatifilium

Activity: 364

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:39:19 PM

so let's assume bitcoin has imploded. there's still an alt market and you're still committed to the concept of crypto.

where do you put your money after that? what other projects do you truly believe in long term? i don't mean the pursuit of quick dollars, i mean something that you're willing to sit on for many years with enough integrity and potential to really go places.

Definitely going to LTC or DOGE.

LTC for stability and price is slowly increasing olso
DOGE because to me this is a great coin and regardless of the value that is not great, but to the amount I have and therefore I keep collecting them all the time
hasiramasenju
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 06:27:06 PM

bitcoin is the mother of cryptocurrency i have doubt there is an altcoins able even pretty near to the popularity of bitcoin however if this is happened i would not stick for only one altcoins because for me it depend which altcoins have concept similar just like bitcoin and probably my pick will drop to the most popular of altcoins in the world
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:07:07 PM

I will go to Ethereum .The community are big and the acceptance based on other cryptocurency is much higher .A successful crypto i think that can also stand alone without bitcoins as its stability itself.
I would go for Ethereum, no question asked ! I believe this is the second greatest crypto-currency after Bitcoin. It has a great use case, a great support and a great safeness and set of services. A good crypto-currency in short.

Why don't you guys go read my post a few up from yours and then go and research what it means. The bolded made me choke on my coffee, that is hilarious, did you actually have a straight face while typing thay or are you just that ignorant of the subject?

Here I'll help.

A gentle introduction to immutability of blockchains
Posted on February 29, 2016 by antonylewis2015   

In the context of data security, the immutability of data stored on blockchains is important. What do people mean when they say “Blockchains are immutable”? In this post I try to explain the key concepts.

It may be useful to read introductions to blockchains and Bitcoin if you have just arrived here or are unfamiliar with them.

https://bitsonblocks.net/2016/02/29/a-gentle-introduction-to-immutability-of-blockchains/

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
thedesertlynx

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 03:15:47 AM

bitcoin will be priced in Dash in 1-2 years  Tongue

True. HODLcoin is good for hodling, not for spending.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 03:57:27 AM

If bitcoin dies in near future, I'll most probably be investing the money in dash, Monero and ethereum.

Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:55:34 AM

i will not stay in one altcoin if bitcoin die i plan to divide all of my investment to other altcoin  for example ltc,eth,dash, etc .but i already do it now even the bitcoin is not dead i only give 20% of my investment in btc and the other 80% in the altcointhat i think have a potential.
Fibbage

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:13:52 AM

Just like I do now, I would spread out my funds into different alts opposed to one. I'd put my eggs in XEM, STRAT, and ETH.
joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 02:13:57 PM

I would go to ETH/ETC or LTC. I have been slowly investing in those coins lately. Actually I'm saving some for future used. The price of this coin looks good actually and maybe I can benefit from It who knows. And as just they say. "Don't put all your eggs in one basket."
abhinav703

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:18:00 PM

I will go for litecion definitely and XMR will be on the list too

Selling Bing and Adwords account with Preloaded 200$
European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:24:14 PM

Why don't you guys go read my post a few up from yours and then go and research what it means. The bolded made me choke on my coffee, that is hilarious, did you actually have a straight face while typing thay or are you just that ignorant of the subject?

it would be the final demonstration of what i've suspected for a long time. as long as the dollars are rolling in, not enough people really care about what bitcoin was designed to be.

and maybe bitcoin itself is no longer designed to do it when you look at the deformed power structures that've developed. at least it's never rolled back.
Salicorne

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:26:24 PM

I think I will go for Monero, it has a great community, and I like it. But Bitcoin will never die, so...
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 05:33:33 PM

I think I will go for Monero, it has a great community, and I like it. But Bitcoin will never die, so...

Nothing is Permanent on this Earth and every generation said the same thing about every new technology so you cant give the universal statement. Monero has good community support but ETH has more and more popularity among the cryptocurrencies after Bitcoin.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█
.BabelFish.█▀▀▀▀▀▀
█      ▀
 █        █      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  █       ▀▄   ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀             ▀▀▀▄▄
  ▀▄       █  █   ▄▄▀▀      ▄▀         ▄▄▄▄ ▀▄     ▄
   █        ▀▀█▀▀        ▄ ▀         █ ▄▄ █  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀
   ▀▄▄          ▄        ▄▀    ▄  █   ▀▄▄▄▄▀ █▄ ▀ ▄█ █
   █          ▄▀ ▀▀▀▄▄   █     █  █               ██ █
   █       ▄▀▀█ ▄     ▀▀▀██   █   █            ▄▀▄ ▀ █
  ▄█      █    █ ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀  ▀▀▄▄█▄  ▀▄▄       ▄▀   ▀
  █     ▄▀      ▀▄  ▀▀▀▄         ▀▄▄▄ ▀▄▄▄▄█▀
 ▄▀    █          ▀▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀
█▄▄▄█▀▀
.FISH token sale at Sovryn.████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:14:19 PM

Scaling issues aside, a PoW (proof-of-waste) coin will not be replacing the first failed PoW.

You guys realize that the BTC miners are using as much electricity as a smaller western modern country.
All it does is to move the control over the currency to where the electricity is the cheapest, and the company that can develop the most energy-efficient chips.

All this electricity has a price. This price is draining the users of value.

It's the most inefficient payment system bar none. To think that once BTC is out of the way, we would move on to the next giant resource waster is to simply not understand the markets.

European Central Bank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:25:38 PM

Scaling issues aside, a PoW (proof-of-waste) coin will not be replacing the first failed PoW.

You guys realize that the BTC miners are using as much electricity as a smaller western modern country.
All it does is to move the control over the currency to where the electricity is the cheapest, and the company that can develop the most energy-efficient chips.

It's the most inefficient payment system bar none. To think that once BTC is out of the way, we would move on to the next giant resource waster is to simply not understand the markets.

all true but if you look into the electricity situation the cheapest is electricity that's otherwise going to waste. they've built mines next to hydro plants in china that churn out power that no one's using.

mining will become more efficient, electricity production will become more sustainable. in portugal recently they last something like three and a half days on pure renewable power recently.
freeElectron

Activity: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:32:25 PM

all true but if you look into the electricity situation the cheapest is electricity that's otherwise going to waste. they've built mines next to hydro plants in china that churn out power that no one's using.

mining will become more efficient, electricity production will become more sustainable. in portugal recently they last something like three and a half days on pure renewable power recently.

1. No, it's not going to waste. You simply do not build new power plants.
2. If mining becomes more efficient, you simply mine more. You do not choose to mine less to have smaller bills.
3. If energy becomes cheaper, you can do other useful stuff from it, like drive a car. Not waste it completely.

You simply fail to understand that the BTC miners pay at least !!!!!! 6 billion dollars !!!!!! A DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Could be towards 20 billion or 40 billion as well, I just took a ridiculously cheap price.

If you do not see a problem with this, I don't know what to say.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 06:53:33 PM

Honestly if Bitcoin dies, I think that the Altcoin Market won't last long. Let us think of a reason first why Bitcoin will be dead. Probably its big like the government is taking action of making Bitcoin illegal. With that being started Bitcoin will drastically have a lower demand, But I don't think Bitcoin users' next step will be finding am Altcoin to replace Bitcoin. Because they know that Cryptocurrency in general has now have a bad image to the government. Also Bitcoin being dead can greatly influence the Cryptocurrency in general, being the father of it all is obvious.
Nathan047

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:13:20 PM

If I had to choose one than I would probably choose either LiteCoin, Monero, or Etherium; although I think that a crash in Bitcoin would cause a crash in most every altcoin.

Honestly, if Bitcoin crashes I will probably call crypocurrencies a failure and quit using them.

I'm starting a technology blog T4CH.top, check it out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: