Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 01:36:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which of these countries can become a better market for Bitcoins in the future ?
Australia
Japan
United States of America
Denmark
Georgia
Singapore
Hongkong
New Zealand
South Africa
Norway
South Korea
India
Argentina
Cuba
UAE (Dubai)
Belize
Chile
Papua New Guinea
Panama
MALTA
Ecuador
Sweden
Netherlands
Zaire / DRC Congo
Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe
Republic of Congo
Dominica

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Switzerland of Bitcoin  (Read 21936 times)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:14:31 PM

If you want to attach Bitcoin to Iran you are guaranteeing that the US will focus it's efforts at destroying Bitcoin, in everyway possible.
My little boy, the whole question is not about Iran. It is about the US. Nobody will care about Bitcoin if the US government can destroy it at their will.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AndrewWilliams

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Fourth richest fictional character

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:27:59 PM

If you want to attach Bitcoin to Iran you are guaranteeing that the US will focus it's efforts at destroying Bitcoin, in everyway possible.
My little boy, the whole question is not about Iran. It is about the US. Nobody will care about Bitcoin if the US government can destroy it at their will.

If you do not think that is true, then you must be more deluded than I originally thought.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:42:40 PM

If you do not think that is true, then you must be more deluded than I originally thought.
Then be responsible and tell everyone that is currently paying $140 per 1 bitcoin that they are diluded!
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:18:41 AM

Then be responsible and tell everyone that is currently paying $140 per 1 bitcoin that they are diluded!

How ridiculous.

There is no threat to Bitcoin now by the US Govt, but the minute you want to use it to aid a country like Iran, you're talking crazy. Maybe get off the computer for a couple days and watch some Fox News, you might learn something.
tristan_luther

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:21:57 AM

It would make a lot of sense for a state with adversarial relations with the United States (Iran comes to mind) to embrace Bitcoin. It would be a great way to get around the economic sanctions, while posing more of a threat to Washington than it could ever do militarily.

If you want Bitcoin to die a quick death, then hope for that scenario. Really, could your suggestion be any dumber?
Any arguments to back your statement?

Sorry, I thought I was dealing with someone who knew better...

But to help you out, look at the state of Iran's current economy. In the last 2 years it has had crippling inflation, produce is unaffordable for the average Iranian.
Why? Because the US and cooperating International Countries have levied sanctions on this murderous regime who threatens to commit genocide on an entire nation, while actively pursuing nuclear weapons. Why would you want to side with the enemy of the USA and allied countries?

If you want to attach Bitcoin to Iran you are guaranteeing that the US will focus it's efforts at destroying Bitcoin, in everyway possible. That is a line you do not want to cross.

I almost forgot to mention, their are international economic sanctions on Iran, with VERY HARSH PENALTIES for ANYONE who does business with Iran in any way, shape or form.

Plus, who the hell wants to be associated with Iran? The country's leaders regularly preach "death to the infidel" (any non-Muslims). They follow Sharia Law and accordingly cut off the hands of thieves, make raped women marry their rapist, and worse.

Still think it's a good idea?

You make one good point, that in the case Iran successfully integrated Bitcoin into its economy the United States government would likely make greater efforts to destroy Bitcoin. However, Iran has murdered orders of magnitude fewer people than the United States in the past hundred years, and it is not a threat to the people of the United States in any possible way. Yes, Islam is a despicable political/religious system, but I thought one of the main points of Bitcoin is that anyone can use it freely, regardless of whether or not any other government or entity gives its permission. Besides, if Bitcoin would help Iran's economy improve, Islamic extremism would lose influence, as has happened in numerous cases in recent history.
tristan_luther

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 01:28:02 AM

How ridiculous.

There is no threat to Bitcoin now by the US Govt, but the minute you want to use it to aid a country like Iran, you're talking crazy. Maybe get off the computer for a couple days and watch some Fox News, you might learn something.

Fox News? OK, I admit, I have been trolled.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:42:31 AM

It would make a lot of sense for a state with adversarial relations with the United States (Iran comes to mind) to embrace Bitcoin. It would be a great way to get around the economic sanctions, while posing more of a threat to Washington than it could ever do militarily.

If you want Bitcoin to die a quick death, then hope for that scenario. Really, could your suggestion be any dumber?
Any arguments to back your statement?

Sorry, I thought I was dealing with someone who knew better...

But to help you out, look at the state of Iran's current economy. In the last 2 years it has had crippling inflation, produce is unaffordable for the average Iranian.
Why? Because the US and cooperating International Countries have levied sanctions on this murderous regime who threatens to commit genocide on an entire nation, while actively pursuing nuclear weapons. Why would you want to side with the enemy of the USA and allied countries?

If you want to attach Bitcoin to Iran you are guaranteeing that the US will focus it's efforts at destroying Bitcoin, in everyway possible. That is a line you do not want to cross.

I almost forgot to mention, their are international economic sanctions on Iran, with VERY HARSH PENALTIES for ANYONE who does business with Iran in any way, shape or form.

Plus, who the hell wants to be associated with Iran? The country's leaders regularly preach "death to the infidel" (any non-Muslims). They follow Sharia Law and accordingly cut off the hands of thieves, make raped women marry their rapist, and worse.

Still think it's a good idea?

You make one good point, that in the case Iran successfully integrated Bitcoin into its economy the United States government would likely make greater efforts to destroy Bitcoin. However, Iran has murdered orders of magnitude fewer people than the United States in the past hundred years, and it is not a threat to the people of the United States in any possible way. Yes, Islam is a despicable political/religious system, but I thought one of the main points of Bitcoin is that anyone can use it freely, regardless of whether or not any other government or entity gives its permission. Besides, if Bitcoin would help Iran's economy improve, Islamic extremism would lose influence, as has happened in numerous cases in recent history.

How's the weather in anti-American land, oh ignorant one? America's murdered more than Iran? Putin must be very proud of you, comrade.

You ignore that the poster referred to using Bitcoin to bypass American sanctions imposed on Iran. That's just illegal.

And finally, I'll address this gem:
It [Iran] is not a threat to the people of the United States in any possible way.

Your thinking isn't only stupid, it's dangerous. If you really feel that way why don't you go pay a visit to Iran. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms and treat you the way you deserve to be treated.  Roll Eyes
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 04:53:33 AM

That's right, I forgot.

You like to watch MSNBC and get that chill up your leg every time they mention what a great job Obama is doing.

Go back to your basement ya douche!
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:34:15 AM

You ignore that the poster referred to using Bitcoin to bypass American sanctions imposed on Iran. That's just illegal.
American sanctions are just American sanctions. The free world doesn't care about them. Maybe it's time for you to consider renouncing your US passport and move to live in some free country. Bitcoin is not a property of the US government.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:12:42 PM

That's right, I forgot.

You like to watch MSNBC and get that chill up your leg every time they mention what a great job Obama is doing.

Go back to your basement ya douche!

Can we keep it on topic ... the disturbing nationalist fervour has no place in an Economics topic ...

AndrewWilliams

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:10:12 PM

American sanctions are just American sanctions. The free world doesn't care about them. Maybe it's time for you to consider renouncing your US passport and move to live in some free country. Bitcoin is not a property of the US government.

Sorry, I am a proud American. You can keep your filthy commie ideas to yourself.

If you choose to ignore US, and NATO, and EU sanctions on Iran, that is your choice. Your douchey life, your choice.

metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:19:00 PM

United States has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. No. Not good for business. I dont even have to mention Obamacare. Fail.
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:28:33 PM

Bitcoins will thrive in China.
China has a totalitarian regime that robs people of their savings via relentless inflation and intervention.
Bitcoins allows them to store their money in a way that its out of the reach of the state and their financial planners.
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 05:31:09 PM

China has a totalitarian regime that robs people of their savings via relentless inflation and intervention.
Bitcoins allows them to store their money in a way that its out of the reach of the state and their financial planners.

When will people of China revolt against their Communist aggressors?
tristan_luther

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:38:11 AM

China is also making a concerted effort to encourage its people to buy gold and silver. Walk into any Chinese bank or look at any bank advertisement, and you will see what I mean.
tristan_luther

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:42:24 AM

The odds of that happening are no greater than the odds of the people of the United States revolting against its government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0YjL9rZyR0
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:54:14 AM

The odds of that happening are no greater than the odds of the people of the United States revolting against its government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0YjL9rZyR0
Well I agree with the commentator.
Let countries decide their own fate.
If you ask me though the Chinese like many former communist countries didn't know how to transition to democracy.
So they turned to a dictator with some capitalism.
With +1 billion people some capitalism can go a long way.
I didn't know about the state urging them to buy gold though, uh...
tristan_luther

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 03:32:43 AM

Well, I think most libertarian-minded people believe gold and silver are better and less totalitarian than fiat currency. The fact the the Chinese government is encouraging its citizens to invest in gold and silver is an indication that it is less totalitarian and communist than most Americans believe.
AndrewWilliams

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 05:30:31 AM

Well, I think most libertarian-minded people believe gold and silver are better and less totalitarian than fiat currency. The fact the the Chinese government is encouraging its citizens to invest in gold and silver is an indication that it is less totalitarian and communist than most Americans believe.

You do realize all the mines in the country are all or partially state owned, and the only reason they are encouraging their slaves citizens to buy it, is so the government profits.

The Chinese banks ONLY sell Chinese mined gold. Internationally mined gold need not apply. Another act of self containment which will end up destroying China internally.
dmartig

Activity: 97

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 02:21:44 AM

You do realize all the mines in the country are all or partially state owned, and the only reason they are encouraging their slaves citizens to buy it, is so the government profits.

The Chinese banks ONLY sell Chinese mined gold. Internationally mined gold need not apply. Another act of self containment which will end up destroying China internally.

not quite accurate. china imports around 2x what it mines.

http://www.mineweb.com/mineweb/content/en/mineweb-gold-news?oid=197040&sn=Detail

as for slaves .....well i think most here would have a similar opinion about amerikans
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: